As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A sad and sober [Chat]

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well the journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one oboro. Not every response is going to be negative.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Benzos rock.

I have to agree.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey a professor at UNC won a nobel prize

crazy

Casual Eddy on
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm drunk.

RichardTauber on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gah, cute redhead was not in class today. Hacksaw is foiled again.

Hacksaw on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    responding to roommate ads responding to roommate ads responding to roommate ads

The first response came back within minutes-- just "Not interested (NT)" when all that I'd said was my age and gender. Bummer machine! D:

What gender did you put?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That'll learn me to take the TTC on my first day :/

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited October 2007

crazy

Hey a fucking lesbo Scifi-writer won the nobel prize in literature!

edit: crazy

RichardTauber on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2007

crazy

Doris Lessing is considered Sci-Fi? I thought she just did soulful pieces about white women in Africa.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2007
    And what does her sexual prefence have to do with her writing?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Everyone should know that Shinto and ElJeffe are jerks. Jerks.

Edit: And Cat. Jerks all of them.

Quid on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh god we're doing a presentation in World Issues and we have to choose a song and this is going to be atrocious people are picking JLo and Nickleback and oh my god this is worse than being jobless.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited October 2007
    Quid everyone already knew that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

Probably nothing seeing how our conciousness is not affected in any way by our sexuality. Btw, I'm drunk and no, that was not serious. It's still a pretty bad choice motivated by political correctness but it's not as bad as choosing Astrid Lindgren.

RichardTauber on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh god we're doing a presentation in World Issues and we have to choose a song and this is going to be atrocious people are picking JLo and Nickleback and oh my god this is worse than being jobless.

Pick Still Dre feat. Snoop D-oh-double gizzle

Sami on
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man screw you all and your drunkness!

It's Penn State's homecoming and I'm stuck at home working all weekend.
    I feel like I'm the only soul who's not going to be wasted for three days.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Not every response is going to be negative.

Experience points in the opposite direction.

moniker on
    edited October 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

crazy

Doris Lessing is considered Sci-Fi? I thought she just did soulful pieces about white women in Africa.

Well, she has written mostly Sci-fi in her later years.

RichardTauber on
    edited October 2007
    Some of you guys are such debbie downers! Grand Father say it can't rain everyday, I bet you lunch!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2007

Probably nothing seeing how our conciousness is not affected in any way by our sexuality. Btw, I'm drunk and no, that was not serious. It's still a pretty bad choice motivated by political correctness but it's not as bad as choosing Astrid Lindgren.

You are talking about Doris Lessing, right? She's pretty well-regarded in literary circles and it doesn't really strike me as a sop to political correctness.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2007

crazy

Well, she has written mostly Sci-fi in her later years.

Oh yeah she wrote The Cleft, which was I guess a feminist-allegory sci-fi kind of thing. I've not read it but it sounded kind of interesting.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

What kind of presentation is it?

Quid's teh suck!

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Offer up Solidarity or La Marseillaise.

moniker on
    edited October 2007

You are talking about Doris Lessing, right? She's pretty well-regarded in literary circles and it doesn't really strike me as a sop to political correctness.

I've heard quite the opposite and seeing the big story about there not being enough women among the nobel prize winners being dragged around all over Swedens media and reading some of her work, I'm quite contempt with calling it a political correct decision just like Orhan Pamuk.

edit: It seems the word "contempt" wasn't what I was looking for. I believe I was searching for "content"

RichardTauber on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    responding to roommate ads responding to roommate ads responding to roommate ads

The first response came back within minutes-- just "Not interested (NT)" when all that I'd said was my age and gender. Bummer machine! D:

What gender did you put?
    'Preoperative male-to-female transsexual who will, for the foreseeable future, more or less be playing the part of an eclectic male-- doesn't act like the gays you see on television, nor is an obsessive girly-girl-- I'm pretty much pretty average. If you're not cool with androgynous people, go ahead and throw that out; if you wouldn't be comfortable when I was presenting fully female with fake breasts and the works, throw that out too. I need to be comfortable, and that means you have to be comfortable too!' etc.

I give people more leeway if it's a month-to-month deal but I really push the idea of you have to be cool with this! if they want a six-month or anything like that (though I'm not even really seriously considering anything longer than three months at this time, going through the temp/short occupancy options first).

There are a lot of ads about gay roommates looking for a third, etc., so I still like my odds being so up-front.

Oboro on
    words
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pick Fergalicious!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Some of you guys are such debbie downers! Grand Father say it can't rain everyday, I bet you lunch!

You're Fired!

JPants on
    edited October 2007

What gender did you put?
    'Preoperative male-to-female transsexual who will, for the foreseeable future, more or less be playing the part of an eclectic male-- doesn't act like the gays you see on television, nor is an obsessive girly-girl-- I'm pretty much pretty average. If you're not cool with androgynous people, go ahead and throw that out; if you wouldn't be comfortable when I was presenting fully female with fake breasts and the works, throw that out too. I need to be comfortable, and that means you have to be comfortable too!' etc.

I give people more leeway if it's a month-to-month deal but I really push the idea of you have to be cool with this! if they want a six-month or anything like that (though I'm not even really seriously considering anything longer than three months at this time, going through the temp/short occupancy options first).

There are a lot of ads about gay roommates looking for a third, etc., so I still like my odds being so up-front.
    You've got to admit that it's a lot to take upfront when there are other applicants whose reply to gender is, say, "female". I mean I think it's good that you're making sure to get it out there right up front, and it decreases the chance that you're going to get messed with in the future, but you can't really blame someone for thinking that it might sound like a lot to take on in a roommate.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys, if you crack open an egg and there is a lumpy tiny white thing in it.
    What is it?
    And can I still cook the eggs and eat them?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

What gender did you put?

To be fair, that does pretty much spell "drama" in a prospective roommate, and while I sympathize with your situation while I'm doing school the last thing I need is drama in my home or I wouldn't have bothered moving out of my dad's house and having to pay $400 a month in rent. Especially when I have no access whatsoever to the ADD meds I'm supposed to be taking. School is more than enough psychological load by itself, and I'm not looking to end up taking my education to round three. I'm finishing this time and doing so as quickly as possible.

It's also possible that they already found a roommate and simply haven't taken down the ad yet.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited October 2007
    If the presentation is sad you can't go wrong with nick drake!

Casual Eddy on
    edited October 2007
    What is it?
    You mean that stringy white thing? That's basically the umbilical cord.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited October 2007
    Nevermind it is the germinal disc.

edited October 2007
    What is it?

ewww

I mean I know I'm basically eating amniotic fluid but still ewww

Casual Eddy on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What is it?

Chicken (well you'd hope) fetus. I wouldn't consume it.

Leitner on
    edited October 2007
    What is it?

ewww

I mean I know I'm basically eating amniotic fluid but still ewww
    Yeah, I have a hard time thinking about that.
    So I don't!

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    3 hours until the weekend starts for me, huzzah.

Dynagrip on
    edited October 2007

What gender did you put?

That's pretty awesome of you though. Seriously.

RichardTauber on
    edited October 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    What is it?

Wait what?
    I thought it was the umbilical cord or germinal disc?

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    What is it?

Wait what?
    I thought it was the umbilical cord or germinal disc?

Oh, it may be the germinal disk, your description was pretty vague and that struck me as the most likely.

Leitner on
This discussion has been closed.