As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arrow] Team Arrow Appreciation Thread

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Spoilers to your rant.

Malcolm manipulated Sara to being there he dropped word he was still alive and lead a trail to the monastery that Sara was checking out. I don't think he was specifically after Sarah, he could just have likely killed Nyssa and had achieved his goal of forcing Oliver to fight for him.

I forgot that part. So he laid a trap. I guess that gets rid of the timing issue, but I still think the whole thing was tacked poorly onto "we want to kill someone who will have the most impact!" (they said essentially the same thing in an interview explaining why they killed Tommy).

Eh they killed Tommy because man he was a bad actor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I dunno I heard it was because of a scheduling conflict, but could just have been they wanted Laurel as canary because they didn't want to invest time in showing Caity Lotz become Canary and didn't want to have her have her own island flash backs.

Laurel Laureling up Black Canary.

• Options
    I actually don't mind Laurel this season and I like that she's becoming more assertive as a character. I know that makes me the minority in the thread. Especially since I'm mostly bugged by felicity.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I actually don't mind Laurel this season and I like that she's becoming more assertive as a character. I know that makes me the minority in the thread. Especially since I'm mostly bugged by felicity.

It's Felicity that's not a popular opinion. She isn't acting any different from other seasons from my point of view. Maybe slightly increased drama with her love life. Everyone agrees Laurel improved this season.

• Options
    Eh she's crying more and being a wet blanket on literally every decision. "Why are we doing this? Why can't we just not do this?" It bugs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eh she's crying more and being a wet blanket on literally every decision. "Why are we doing this? Why can't we just not do this?" It bugs.

When those decisions are suicide by Ra's I'm giving her a pass.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Y'all get really weird grudges going against your fictional characters

anybody who brags about their IQ probably deserves to be taken down a few notches.
    Also, wasn't it kinda low for someone who is supposed to be a super genius?

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Y'all get really weird grudges going against your fictional characters

anybody who brags about their IQ probably deserves to be taken down a few notches.
    Also, wasn't it kinda low for someone who is supposed to be a super genius?

140, pft. Come back when you hit three standard deviations above the mean.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Felicity: "Dude, don't go fight Ra's. Something bad is likely to happen."

Ollie: *literally dies*

Audience: "GOD FELICITY WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FUCKING NEGATIVE NANCY ALL THE TIME."

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Even taking that event in a vacuum: Oliver is protected by plot armor. The fight was cool. Go CW the spinoff up Felicity!

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Felicity: "Dude, don't go fight Ra's. Something bad is likely to happen."

Ollie: *literally dies*

Audience: "GOD FELICITY WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FUCKING NEGATIVE NANCY ALL THE TIME."

You left off Felicity quits on Roy, Diggle, and Laurel in the wake of Oliver sacrificing himself for them...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Felicity spent about 4 to 5 episodes in a row crying at people and letting them down when they needed her. Laurel has been loyal and steadfast and strong willed in comparison.

In seasons 1 and 2, Felicity was loyal and steadfast and strong willed, and Laurel spent all her time crying at people and letting them down when they needed her.

Thea is flat out schizophrenic in this regard.

It's almost as though the writers have two female archetypes and decided to swap them around when they needed Laurel to grow from unlikeable to likeable, and needed to find reasons for why Felicity might leave the team to join [spinoff + 1] next year.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And Thea has improved every season.
    Oliver finally coming clean about being Arrow to her being the real tipping point, I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    He knew she was a gym, so maybe he tracked her off-screen. This is Laurel, it's not hard to do. And he's a hacker, all he'd need is to get into any surveillance cameras she shows up in to find that. Standard super-hero monitoring. One he knows what gym she goes to it'd be simple to investigate the staff, and when it's owned by a former vigilante it slots into place that's she's Black Canary.

Laurel hasn't been to the gym with Wildcat for a while, seeing as how Brick got the shit beat out of him. And Ray had absolutely no reason to look into her until after she refused his request. Does Ray just randomly hack security footage of women going to the gym?
    He's new at this and despite that lured Arrow into an ambush like an expert. Arrow, the super-hero of Starling for how many years plus his Island adventures.

You're making a really big deal out of a fake 911 call. Next up: Ray delivers pizzas to Ollie's home address.
    Team Arrow has a bad history when it was the Hood. It'd be stupid for Ray to ignore the fact Arrow has a history of killing people.

The Hood mainly targeted white collar tyrants who were too big to jail. i.e., people who it would be pointless to bring in alive, because the police were unwilling/unable to do anything. That doesn't really apply to any of the more recent targets. If Ray is too incompetent to consider his target's MO, then maybe he shouldn't be a superhero.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Laurel hasn't been to the gym with Wildcat for a while, seeing as how Brick got the shit beat out of him. And Ray had absolutely no reason to look into her until after she refused his request. Does Ray just randomly hack security footage of women going to the gym?[

True. And I'm guessing here, they didn't show how he knew this stuff.
    You're making a really big deal out of a fake 911 call. Next up: Ray delivers pizzas to Ollie's home address.

Which Arrow fell for. Don't blame Ray for Ollie stupidly walking into an ambush. This is Ray's first time as a vigilante, not Ollie's.
    The Hood mainly targeted white collar tyrants who were too big to jail. i.e., people who it would be pointless to bring in alive, because the police were unwilling/unable to do anything. That doesn't really apply to any of the more recent targets. If Ray is too incompetent to consider his target's MO, then maybe he shouldn't be a superhero.

So? He still murdered his victims, white collared criminals are considered people. Not just white collared criminals, also their bodyguards (who don't have to be a criminal for target practice) and blue collar criminals. And he murdered the first Count Vertigo. His MO for what criminals he goes after switched after season 1 as well. He also had no problems working with the first Black Canary, who killed while she was his sidekick, and has a known history with the infamous Huntress. The public don't know he was doing half of that under duress.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    theSquid wrote: »
    Felicity spent about 4 to 5 episodes in a row crying at people and letting them down when they needed her. Laurel has been loyal and steadfast and strong willed in comparison.

In seasons 1 and 2, Felicity was loyal and steadfast and strong willed, and Laurel spent all her time crying at people and letting them down when they needed her.

Thea is flat out schizophrenic in this regard.

It's almost as though the writers have two female archetypes and decided to swap them around when they needed Laurel to grow from unlikeable to likeable, and needed to find reasons for why Felicity might leave the team to join [spinoff + 1] next year.

Which people agree with her about. This season has been a theme for Arrow's bad decisions, that's why he got skewered by Ra's.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Felicity has been the voice of realistic reason this season, and it's eating her up.

Unlike everyone else on Team Arrow, she's been support (even Laurel is fighting baddies with her fist). They go out and fight and die, she's the one left helpless at a desk, listening in on the comms, hearing their last breaths. And everyone around her took stupid pills by the bottle full this season. Ollie fighting Ra, Laurel trying to be Black Canary with only a month of boxing lessons, Ray and his super suit, Ollie going to save Merlin from the guy who killed him like two months earlier, the list of future funerals are growing. So Felicity isn't being stupid, she knows how this is going to end. She wants to leave, but she can't because of loyalty. How long that last...

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Was this episode the first time they've actually said "Team Arrow" on the show?

I don't remember hearing it before and it made me giggle a bit.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Was this episode the first time they've actually said "Team Arrow" on the show?

I don't remember hearing it before and it made me giggle a bit.

I am almost positive it's been said a few times before, but it's entirely possible I filled it in subconsciously.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Also, Roy is maybe the only person other than Felicity who hasn't been colossally stupid at various points this season.

Of course, he's mostly been a punching bag.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm pretty sure someone called them "Team Arrow" before. Ollie said, "We don't call ourselves that." Felicity says, "I do. Sometimes."

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    Also, Roy is maybe the only person other than Felicity who hasn't been colossally stupid at various points this season.

Of course, he's mostly been a punching bag.

Thea.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure someone called them "Team Arrow" before. Ollie said, "We don't call ourselves that." Felicity says, "I do. Sometimes."

I believe she called them the Quiver when that quote was made. But I've heard Team Arrow before.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I believe she called them the Quiver when that quote was made. But I've heard Team Arrow before.
    Right right. That tracks.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

IMDB has a couple of Team Arrow quotes that predates this episode. It's been mentioned several times, mostly by Felicity. I seem to recall some good ones in the Flash crossover episode.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I would love it if Cisco was the first canon person to say it.

Either way, it was a good line.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    IIRC Roy was the first person to call it Team Arrow onscreen and Felicity latched onto it.

Guess it stuck.

EDIT: Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4q42lvryQ

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Grodd I forgot how good season 2 was

Greeper on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    That was good, but I feel like we're moving at a snail's pace compared to The Flash.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Schrodinger on
  • Options
    Man, Quentin comes across as being completely believable and sympathetic.
    APRIL FOOLS!!!

• Options
    Oh you have to be shitting me my cw channel just went black at the start of the fucking episode!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Laurel is no longer the worst Lance

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Still down, so no arrow for me this week, way to go KSTW you fucking suck!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Still down, so no arrow for me this week, way to go KSTW you fucking suck!
    Tomorrow morning you can catch it on the CW site.

• Options
    Yeah its still obnoxious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Lance is being stupid and annoying. Make it stop.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The dumbest part is...
    Ra's isn't even manipulating Quentin from behind the scenes at this point.

Quentin knows point blank that he's doing exactly what Ra's wants him to do.

And he still isn't second guessing that maybe he should question whether Ra's motivations are entirely pure.

Also, does he not realize that Malcolm was going to do the undertaking even if Ollie didn't show up, and would have killed a lot more people if Ollie hadn't returned?

Roy's character made perfect sense, though. He has nowhere else to go at this point. Quentin knows it's bullshit, but obviously he can't say that he's known Roy to be the sidekick all along without incriminating himself.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    Roy remains refreshingly the best