As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS OVER! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    A fire emblem/pokemon mash up would be awesome
    To combine the tactics and such of Fire Emblem with the collections of Pokémon would be insane
    An example is Lucina would have Pikachu so she could either attack solo send out Pikachu or work as a team to defeat the enemy

They already made an SRPG Pokemon mash-up.

It was awesome.

I disliked how, if you took too long, the enemy forces got stronger Pokémon to force you to keep moving at a brisk pace. I just wanted to sit back and enjoy my rule for a bit without having to worry about taking the next territory ASAP.

Other than that, Pokémon Conquest was pretty neat.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I should stop bidding on it as I think it's my fault it's over $30 on ebay for Pokémon conquest

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-01-2015/

YOOOOOOO

Catch a new Nintendo Direct on April 1 at 3 p.m. PT for the latest on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Stick around after the Direct for a live Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring releases. Don’t let the date fool you: This Nintendo Direct is no joke!

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    What a crappy time of day. It's the middle of work.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ian Malcolm: Well, there it is.

Edit: So is it too crazy to hope that we do, in fact, get a Paper Mario Wii U announcement?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah I was gonna say, April 1st isn't unheard of for real announcements and such. Isn't it the official start of their fiscal year?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Edit: So is it too crazy to hope that we do, in fact, get a Paper Mario Wii U announcement?

"We are pleased to announce Sticker Star HD!"

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

"With actual worthwhile rewards from random battles including XP and a leveling system, and stickers are no longer consumed when you use them!"

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

Hey now, I had a blast with Sticker Star.

Not sure I'd want a re-release of it in HD though, and I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't pull that either. Now Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon HD? Yes please!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Stick around after the Direct for a live Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring releases.

Splatoon?

• Options
    The n3ds with switchable plates only for markets outside of NA

• Options
    Stick around after the Direct for a live Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring releases.

Splatoon?

I assume showing off the local multiplayer. They've probably seen the concerns over it, that people don't think it's going to be in the game anymore etc. Plus it would be one more mode that they haven't shown off yet, we've seen a lot of everything else I think.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The n3ds with switchable plates only for markets outside of NA

While I'd love for this to happen and it'd make my month, I don't see it happening.

...or rather, I'm not going to get excited for the possibility of it happening only to be bummed when it doesn't...I already made that mistake back in January.
    I should stop bidding on it as I think it's my fault it's over $30 on ebay for Pokémon conquest

I remember when Pokemon Conquest was in bargain bins. I hate when that happens.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Yea, Our Best Buy here had a stack of them they were selling for fifteen bucks trying to get rid of them.

It's a fantastic game. So very fun.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    "We are excited to announce Super Mario RPG 2 for the Wii U! To assist me with this announcement, please welcome from Square-Enix... haha sorry folks, just a little laugh at your expense. There is no such announcement. Good night!"

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    Part of the rumor was that this would have our first look at the title and trailer of the new Star Fox with the announcement that Platinum is helming it. I really hope this is the case.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Platinum doing Star Fox? I'd expect something all on foot then..

But wait, they DID do Star Fox already. A whole level even.

Against amgels and demons.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Sadly, the leaker said it was fake, albeit in German. Just a coincidence he nailed the date.

https://plus.google.com/107676607280980751737/posts/Ryqfqr9PZxt

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Platinum doing Star Fox? I'd expect something all on foot then..

But wait, they DID do Star Fox already. A whole level even.

Against amgels and demons.

The Wonderful 101 has a few very Starfox-esque sequences in it as well.

Though to be fair that game's all over the place. I loved the Punch-Out homage boss.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Yea, that was obviously fake. Although I still want the craziness of a Platinum Star Fox.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    All aboard!

G5HedLN.jpg?1

Interesting that they aren't outright stating yet which game the livestream will be about..this makes me think that it'll be one they'll announce during the Direct.

Also, the Direct starts at midnight CET. So technically a) it's not April Fools and b) I'm staying up laaaate :p

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Ha, there is a Direct, but the time is completely different from that "leak" so I still feel justified in calling that thing out :P Also it looks like that guy admitted it was fake. Haha.

Didn't stop that one guy from bitching at me some more though!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Alright, predictions:

Mewtwo Trailer + possible release right after the Direct
    Mario Kart DLC pack 2 trailer
    Splatoon - new info, amiibo support and release date
    Yoshi's Woolly World - new info, amiibo support and release date
    Puzzle & Dragons Mario - new info

Those are all but guaranteed..now for some wishful thinking:

Pokemon Z / X2 & Y2 announcement
    Bravely Second localization
    Final Fantasy Explorers localization
    (EU only) Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, Story of Seasons and Etrian Mystery Dungeon localization

+ some smaller stuff, eShop-only titles, VC releases and whatnot..I'm actually expecting a lot of the stuff from the fake leak. Pokemon Rumble, Azure Striker Gunvolt and a couple other things.

• Options
    I think, for sure, there will be a heavy focus on Splatoon and other close releases (i.e. Mario Kart DLC).

I would guess based on past Directs we might get one new game announcement, but probably not much more than that. Unless they are somewhat lesser games (i.e. eShop only titles like Rusty's or that Sub game)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Those predictions seem reasonable.

As much as I'd like to see anything about Zelda, it seems unlikely given that they just delayed it and said it won't be at E3.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Alright, predictions:

Bravely Second localization
    Final Fantasy Explorers localization

I need these in my life

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Those predictions seem reasonable.

As much as I'd like to see anything about Zelda, it seems unlikely given that they just delayed it and said it won't be at E3.

Yeah, given that E3 is so close I wouldn't expect anything too major. Maybe one new first-party game or news about something like Star Fox or SMT x FE.

Oh, I forgot about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Maybe they'll show footage of the English version for the first time.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I think Zelda and Star Fox are going to be off limits - saved for e3 (if Zelda even shows up - I think we'll at least get a trailer). Ditto for like, super super big announcements (like whatever is replacing Zelda as their big holiday title). I'm not sure how Animal Crossing stacks in the "super big" category, so I give that a 50/50.

Oh, and yeah, Xenoblade I think for sure. It's almost out in Japan!

Edit: The sad thing is, after Other M, I think Metroid *doesn't* fall in the "super big" announcement category anymore (at least to Nintendo who never seemed super keen on that franchise anyways) so I am gonna cross my fingers but maybe not hold my breath? :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I just want a freakin' 3DS Metroid. That is all. Remake Metroid 2 or something, whatever. Even Super Metroid 3D Classic, despite knowing how tough that might be.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    What a crappy time of day. It's the middle of work.

It's exactly midnight, April 2nd. Could be worse, I admit. Could be better, too.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yea, that was obviously fake. Although I still want the craziness of a Platinum Star Fox.

Don't forget, Miyamoto's plan was for Nintendo to create the basic structure and for another company to flesh it out. It's still possible! But I'm doing my damndest not to get my hopes up.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    When the heck are we getting Zero Mission on Wii U in North America? I missed it on GBA.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    I love seeing those Nintendo Hype Trains. They always put a smile on my face.

• Options
    Yea, Our Best Buy here had a stack of them they were selling for fifteen bucks trying to get rid of them.

Around here dump bins are full of the DS games that did not sale in 2009 or other system games
    Like target here is dumping their vita games

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Around here dump bins are full of the DS games that did not sale in 2009 or other system games
    Like target here is dumping their vita games

Where?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

"Please understand."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    We should magic the forums so that in all Nintendo related threads the "agree" reaction is replaced with "please understand"

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    Way off topic, but if you go to Google Maps and Click on the Pac-Man Icon at the bottom left of the screen you can play Pac-Man where the Ghosts chase you on your local streets.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just want cross eShop stuff to be real.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options