As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers II: Age Of Ultron - Sequel Assemble! [Superheroes]

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i thiiiiink the avengers know but like not everyone?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    At this point, I'd think Spider-man could say "Sorry if I seemed like a dick lately, Doc Ock put his mind in my body for a while" and everyone would be like "oh, yeah, that would explain it. No worries, buddy, glad you're back." I mean, that's exactly the kind of shit that happens to superheroes all the time, you'd think they'd be used to it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It's especially the kind of shit that would happen to Spider-Man

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Isn't that exactly how he explained it after coming back anyways? And they bought it for exactly that reason?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It's especially the kind of shit that would happen to Spider-Man

The best part of all this is that when Spider-Ock was in the drivers seat EVERYONE THOUGHT he was mind-controlled and Ock went through some ridiculous hoops to prove he was still just Peter.

So when he finally went back to normal everyone went, "AAAH we knew it!"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't like Mike Mayhew on art for Avengers

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is that the guy who keeps every female character with boobs that could pop balloons

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Do you think of Arrow as “the one with the abs”? Don’t know your Captain Cold from Professor Zoom on The Flash? Did you give up on Agents of SHIELD once you realized you didn’t care who the Clairvoyant was? If yes, it might be time to graduate to a superhero drama that’s a bit more mature. Don’t worry, you don’t have to watch Blue Bloods (yet). We’re talking about Netflix’s first Marvel series Daredevil, which is unbinged April 10. It may be the only current superhero TV series that doesn’t seem like it was created to sell lunch boxes. It’s not just that Daredevil’s lead, Charlie Cox, is (gasp!) over 30, it’s that the complex narrative is crafted for more mature audiences. Here’s how the show does it:

haha, wow, fuck you dude.

Right up there with this gem:
    No geek badge required: Don’t you know that Dr. Fennhoff showing up on up Agent Carter means he’ll eventually turn into Dr. Faustus who later runs the mind control program that turns Bucky Barnes into the Winter Soldier as seen in the Captain America sequel? No? You don’t know that because you have to do other things to do in your life aside from studying Marvel’s 7,000-character universe.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I figured 7,000 was off

but I expected it to be too high- maybe about 3k, you know?

the marvel wiki says 40,000 characters

Tamin on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    'Cause Black Cat's got this whole vendetta going specifically because she doesn't believe Peter.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Wow, someone's got a bug up their butt. Like what makes you think you needed to know that, dude? Dr. Fennhoff on Agent Carter was a perfectly compelling villain all on his own. That foreknowledge was completely unnecessary for understanding or appreciating who he was in the context of the show. And I'll guarantee Daredevil will be full of nods to the overarching Marvel universe as well because that's just something you do when you have a gigantic pre-established universe to play with. But I bet you didn't catch them because you don't seem to care about that stuff.

...why am I directly addressing an author who definitely isn't reading this post?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Who says I'm not reading it?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It sounds like a interconntected universe just isnt that dudes deal and he cant accept it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Do you think of Arrow as “the one with the abs”? Don’t know your Captain Cold from Professor Zoom on The Flash? Did you give up on Agents of SHIELD once you realized you didn’t care who the Clairvoyant was? If yes, it might be time to graduate to a superhero drama that’s a bit more mature. Don’t worry, you don’t have to watch Blue Bloods (yet). We’re talking about Netflix’s first Marvel series Daredevil, which is unbinged April 10. It may be the only current superhero TV series that doesn’t seem like it was created to sell lunch boxes. It’s not just that Daredevil’s lead, Charlie Cox, is (gasp!) over 30, it’s that the complex narrative is crafted for more mature audiences. Here’s how the show does it:

No geek badge required: Don’t you know that Dr. Fennhoff showing up on up Agent Carter means he’ll eventually turn into Dr. Faustus who later runs the mind control program that turns Bucky Barnes into the Winter Soldier as seen in the Captain America sequel? No? You don’t know that because you have to do other things to do in your life aside from studying Marvel’s 7,000-character universe.

You didn't quote the worst sentence which is right after that saying "because you have to do laundry."

Like laundry is something that actually takes time. Shit, waiting for laundry to finish is a great time to study the Marvel characters.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I figured 7,000 was off

I thin that 40,000 number includes alternate realities and generally any character of any significance, no matter how minor.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Onions and cheese are the only proper chilli dog toppings

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »

You didn't quote the worst sentence which is right after that saying "because you have to do laundry."

Like laundry is something that actually takes time. Shit, waiting for laundry to finish is a great time to study the Marvel characters.

I've actually done a lot of laundry during Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD. Not sure why Tuesday nights became my laundry day, but there you have it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I figured 7,000 was off

I thin that 40,000 number includes alternate realities and generally any character of any significance, no matter how minor.

yeah, absolutely.

but it still strikes me as funny that he could have done a cursory google and made it sound even worse

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Angela: Asgard's Assassin #5 thoughts. The first arc is almost over, and it looks like everything is going to fall into place really well. Not sure how it's going to segue into the Battleworld stuff, though.
    What I do know is that I'm going to have to pick up the Thor&Loki:Original Sin trade and the Asgard's Assassin trades to share out to my friends because it's one hell of a story, and I'm pretty sure they are sticking this landing.
    That final page of Angela tossing the baby into the furnace is incredible, and I'm in love with the fact that the storytelling scene in this issue was Angela vs Thor and not a flashback. Amazing use of the style they've set up in previous issues.

I find myself rereading these issues a lot because they're so pretty.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Man, Descender went right for the gut punch in issue 2.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Clearest look at the Vision yet on the cover of Entertainment Weekly:
    avengers-2-cover.jpg

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I hadn't noticed that the MCU Hulk has nipples before.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Batman and Robin 2 confirmed

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed that the MCU Hulk has nipples before.

and chest hair!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Clearest look at the Vision yet on the cover of Entertainment Weekly:
    avengers-2-cover.jpg

Fuck he looks awesome.

• Options
    'Hulking love story'?

Joss Whedon I would like to vomit on your shoes.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the face looks super incongruous

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I'm not crazy about Vision's look

Weirdly enough one of the things I'm looking forward to most based on trailers and commercials (and that image) is Widow's new weaponry and gadgets

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I love that they've said Vision is going to remain a total powerhouse who can throw down with Hulk or Thor

I've always liked how he is quietly one of the most powerful members of the team most of the time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    A more stylised face would work better for Vision. But he'd probably look too much like an Iron Man armour.

• Options
    man, I am really not looking forward to the Natasha/Bruce love connection that has been hinted at

• Options
    man, I am really not looking forward to the Natasha/Bruce love connection that has been hinted at
    Rainfall wrote: »
    'Hulking love story'?

Joss Whedon I would like to vomit on your shoes.

It's the worst thing.

• Options

Why

• Options

Why

Because there's already a fair amount of romance in Marvel films and their headlining ass kicking Black Widow doesn't need a shoehorned relationship that feels super weird given Natasha was terrified of Banner in Avengers 1.

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »

Why

Because there's already a fair amount of romance in Marvel films and their headlining ass kicking Black Widow doesn't need a shoehorned relationship that feels super weird given Natasha was terrified of Banner in Avengers 1.

Her being terrified of the Hulk is exactly why I find a romance with Bruce to be a really interesting angle

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    How do you know its shoehorned or feels weird

We haven't seen the film

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also I really hate the idea that just because someone's a badass means they can't have a romance

"Sorry, but to be a strong independent woman you can't have a love life"

I'm sure Widow is still going to kick her fair share of asses in Age of Ultron

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wasn't she wearing a necklace with an arrow in Winter Soldier, indicating that she and Hawkeye were now a thing?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm against it because now nobody loves Hawkeye

This discussion has been closed.