As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disturbance at Lake Webcomics

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i like demon :rotate:

it's no good

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

it's no good

8qJwVSc.png

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

it's no good
    me and this here cumknife disagree, compadre

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    If only a couple of fairly good dumb ass things made up for the rest of the rancid garbage in that comic

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    If only a couple of fairly good dumb ass things made up for the rest of the rancid garbage in that comic
    madaboutwebcomics.txt

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    shitpostingaboutwebcomic.txt

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    madaboutwebcomics.txt

Being mad at demon would be much more preferable, honestly.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Webcomics thread, where sad people come to agree that life and the world is terrible.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    This is a really bad monologue

So a monologue then.
    Shakespeare says heeeeeey

So a monologue then.
    I don't like Shakespeare except for Macbeth. Hamlet can go fuck right off.
    :?
    I had to write a five page paper on Hamlet's symbolism in an hour by hand for class. My hand cramps up after writing two sentences of anything. Combination of pain and my general dislike of symbolism (I don't recognize it unless it's explicitly pointed out) led to me writing an essay so full of sarcasm it got me sent to the dean because the teacher was afraid I was going to do something. So that's why I tend to have a gut reaction to Hamlet nowadays, even if the dean liked my essay and I got in no trouble.

Funny, I choose Hamlet for my senior research paper. And while I found the play really confusing and found it almost impossible to come to a conclustion about what Shakespeare was trying to say with that play, I find that it's a play I revisit in my mind every couple of years and that experience sheds new light on the complexities of it.

But I still like Henry V more because THRILLING HEROICS.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Webcomics thread, where sad people come to agree that life and the world is terrible.
    KHXJQIF.gif

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I just want to add that super-villain dude's speech would not be out of place if it was being spoken by Jimmy in Demon.

• Options
    Jimmy in Demon doesn't even consider others, full stop. I doubt he would spend the time to philosophize about individuality.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I just want to add that super-villain dude's speech would not be out of place if it was being spoken by Jimmy in Demon.
    there's no math in it

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    no it would be totally out of place

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The first issue of Atomic Robo and the Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur is up. In the wake of ALAN nearly nuking the entire world Atomic Robo has been cleared of being a terrorist, in the court of law at least. Public opinion has turned against Tesladyne. Robo goes on a mission to South America to avoid the public and stumbles into his nemesis. Meanwhile, back at the ranch Tesladyne, a nuclear bomb has been delivered to the company, framing Tesladyne as a nuclear arms smuggler. This volume is made up of two separate storylines, but I'll probably just post the Dr. Dinosaur storyline, because why would I not post Dr. Dinosaur? Also, the other plot covers the destruction of everything Robo loves and that's kind of a downer. :(
    aSWLUbg.jpg
    gljpKAk.jpg
    nlh5AFF.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    WAS TAKING A SLASH IN AN IRISH BAR THE NIGHT AND SOMEONE HAD DRAWN THE WEEGIE WIZARD SAYING "THE U.V.F ARE FIR POOFS" ON THE TOILET WALL

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Did you take a picture!!!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    berk is bar toilet famous!!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    i wanted to but im not sure how well taking photos ina room full of drunk men with their cocks out would go

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    So, JJ continues to be one of the nicest guys out there (to talk to at cons, at any rate); last year, I got him to draw me, and did the same thing this year:

G3wpAvb.jpg
    (real thing spoilered for terrible picture-being-taken grimace on my part)
    nEtDo4Q.jpg

Also, I asked about Alice Grove -- he has done all the world-building for that, so when weird giant forest things show up, it's not just because he felt like it that day, somewhere he has this stuff thought out. The storyline, he knows where it's going, but exactly how each page works is still getting sorted out.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    yeah JJ is a great guy to talk to

I brought up an old LiveJournal blog post of his and how much mileage I got out of checking out the bands mentioned when I met him a couple years ago, and he seemed to genuinely appreciate that someone remembered that old non-QC thing of his

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    http://qcjeph.livejournal.com/112666.html

it was this one

my favorite was, and always will be, Sunn O))))

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    78a85f69dQbW0.png
    Well spotted, it is Mewtwo. Actually if drawn large it would be a Mewtwo with a boombox on his shoulder, because of reasons.
    mokepon.smackjeeves.com

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    QC was better when it was namedropping indie bands every five seconds

at least then I felt there was a purpose to this world of his

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    See the problem with that Terry Pratchett excerpt is that there are a lot of things that aren't part of whatever the fundamental fabric of the universe is
    so like, if you're going to be arguing that emotions and morals are just lies we tell ourselves based on how they are not part of that, then I expect you to be prepared also argue that chairs, fission, and the periodic table of the elements and so on and so forth don't exist either

chairs, fission, and elements are totally part of the universe though

like, a recliner is not a metaphysical concept

• Options
    edited April 2015
    edit: double post

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    What about the platonic ideal of a chair? All chairs you see are but shadows of the ideal chair.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Oh shit that gotta be a comfy chair

• Options
    Although, what if the ideal chair is hard and cold, and it is only the intersecting shadows of the ideal chair and ideal cushion that create comfy chairs?

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I feel its more of an odds and hopelessness issue due to taking back the world (their world). But yeah, I gave up on AoT, but I still want more SSSS.

Name one character in Stand Still Stay Silent who is hopeless

as far as apocolypses go the people are doing pretty good

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    That Devil's Candy thing seems kinda good, even though it ramps up the anime to the 11. Thanks whomever posted it.
    I haven't got very far yet but it seems promising:
    DVC_ch01_p017.png

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5919.gif

jerkcity5920.gif

jerkcity5921.gif

jerkcity5922.gif

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    im the anime cyclops

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    im the anime cyclops

Kki4pEl.jpg
    FLsGkfI.jpg

Which one?

• Options
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I-i might be okay somewhat kinda with this anime comic, no weird reasons why

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    See the problem with that Terry Pratchett excerpt is that there are a lot of things that aren't part of whatever the fundamental fabric of the universe is
    so like, if you're going to be arguing that emotions and morals are just lies we tell ourselves based on how they are not part of that, then I expect you to be prepared also argue that chairs, fission, and the periodic table of the elements and so on and so forth don't exist either

A human's emotions are chemical reactions and physical patterns in the brain. Admittedly not the way they're usually thought of but nonetheless true. A bunch of less complex things cobbled together to make a more complex thing. Same as every other damn thing Death listed.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

A human's emotions are chemical reactions and physical patterns in the brain. Admittedly not the way they're usually thought of but nonetheless true. A bunch of less complex things cobbled together to make a more complex thing. Same as every other damn thing Death listed.

Chemical and electrical reactions make up thoughts and emotions, but do they make up morality/justice/mercy/etc.?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Machwing wrote: »
    I feel its more of an odds and hopelessness issue due to taking back the world (their world). But yeah, I gave up on AoT, but I still want more SSSS.

Name one character in Stand Still Stay Silent who is hopeless

as far as apocolypses go the people are doing pretty good

The poor soul on that train that begged for death?

edit: Let me be clear, I think that both are superb IP's but that their similarities are superficial at best and non-existant at worst.

RoyceSraphim on
This discussion has been closed.