As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] The Kael'thas patch was merely a setback

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Or maybe it's "finally added a fucking interruptable cast time to meta because duhhhhh"

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    "Heroes is now officially out! Carry on."

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    DudemanX wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    How dumb/smart would it be to have a visual indicator when you are aiming the W? League has some skills that show an indicator to everyone briefly before the ability fires or during the channel. Jinx E has this indicator, as does Xerath and Sion.

So how about something similar, except on thr Uther W? Hold W down to aim and show the path of the heal, then fire when released. That gives friendlies the heads up that you are trying to heal them.

People stop and take time to "aim" their abilities? I use quick cast so the ability just goes off wherever I have my cursor. I guess I could take time to hold the button down first to show people that I'm "aiming" but I already aimed when I moved my mouse. Any time spent holding the button down and standing around "aiming" is just time I'm neither using other abilities nor issuing move commands.

I like having quick cast on when I'm a healer, but I can't for the life of me aim skillshot stuns/hooks with quickcast on.

Same here. I switched to it for healing and didn't think to change it back, then tried playing as Nova. That was super painful. Even when I had the cursor on the hero I would whiff since the angle wasn't the same.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    maybe they're re-releasing illidan

realtalk maybe that big diablo themed patch is an actual real thing?

Or yeah I guess open beta or "retail" would be easier, though the servers might get rocky

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    - Lost Vikings "nerf" reverted

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    So, I finally hit level 40.. Yay? Is there any kind of team league team running? I'd like to join one if it's available.

Raynor and Illidan are my two main guys, but I can run most heroes. I usually run Illi as a jungle/merc machine with Hunt, and I've been getting better about picking targets/timing, not overcommitting, though I still do overcommit with him semi-reasonably often. Although I've had a lot of games lately where I'll just warp in and kill 2-3 guys immediately. Blood for Blood helps a lot with that. Raynor I usually run AA and he's almost more like a Sonya-type ranged warrior than an assassin.

I am terrible with both those heroes on Haunted Mines, I mean, just in general though, I'm terrible at that map overall. Not sure why, and open to any advice on it. Or what heroes to select for it or really anything.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    - Lost Vikings "nerf" reverted

Ran into Lost Vikings again last night.

That ship still needs a big nerf.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Speaking of team league, I've still yet to play a game with our Candymancers team. That's... kind of disappointing :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmm.. both the tweet and the facebook post of the announcement have been deleted.

Put up prematurely maybe?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    They weren't prepared.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hmm.. both the tweet and the facebook post of the announcement have been deleted.

Someone back at Blizzard realised Illidan was already in the game.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ceno wrote: »
    Blizzard just posted a picture of Illidan on the Heroes Facebook page that said "you are not prepared for tomorrow's announcement".
    Blizzard purchased by Tencent; Teemo being added to Heroes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dibby wrote: »

they just posted it again, only the image is blurred out

CC_oGMsUIAALOGE.jpg:large

people are guessing it's a release date

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Speaking of team league, I've still yet to play a game with our Candymancers team. That's... kind of disappointing :(

We've only played three and were stomped each time

I think we kinda gave up

• Options
    I'd like to do team league some time, but I don't know if I've ever really settled down with any specific group of people.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    So talking about teams, who here actually play on EU? The Pa chat is pritty much me and MrGrimoire.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    From everything I've seen, Team League does not have enough teams at a time to not be an incredible trainwreck of matchmaking. Even worse than the normal matchmaking.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Noooooo was about to play but then part of my pc died. My graphics card I think? Soon after I reached the heroes main menu graphics got all pixelated with funky colors and my pc froze. Now when I boot there's green blocks in the pc's black startup screen and it freezes or bluescreens while windows loads :(

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Okay, tried to play Uther in a QM. Ended up with a Diablo, Nova, Sgt Hammer, and Valla on the Tol'vir map against Uther, Raynor, Sgt Hammer, Tychus, and Valla. My plan was basically "follow Diablo" (which was good for him, because I think his battle plan was "LEEEEEEEROY JENKINS").

Doubled the healing of the other team's Uther. I never died, got some stupid ganks (why yes, siege up next to the paladin), and my team had half the deaths of the other team. After the battle was over got a group invite from my team's Sgt Hammer but I had to go.

I think I like this, too bad he rotates out in a couple of days.

• Options
    People are saying it's open beta.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Open beta may as well be release, right?

It's terribly easy for me to forget that this game is still in closed beta sometimes.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I don't even remember what changed in Hearthstone when they went from beta to release. I think it was pretty much just like a normal patch, a few card nerfs, and that was about it?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Open beta may as well be release, right?

It's terribly easy for me to forget that this game is still in closed beta sometimes.

closed beta may as well be release, when you could buy into it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Its Heroes of the Storm on Android and iOS!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Its Heroes of the Storm on Android and iOS!

Yo guys I might drop out a bit, playing on my iphone 4s on the buss!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So tonight with my normal crew we ran into a crew with a few names we picked out from the heathstone pros and such.

We got plastered. First on haunted mines. Okay fine. It was quick lets do one more.

We get the same team.

Oh man that was painful.

I finally got me my Nova. This teams Uther and Diablo had a hate on for me. They would chase me half the map to kill and uncloak me. I mean it did keep me off their squishies but damn that was some nova hate.

Still they had a nasty team comp.

Uther, Diablo, Illidan, Hammer and Valla.

Sometimes you have to get your ass handed to you to remember this game can be hard sometimes.

Also got my 10 people for hero league finally.

Next on my list is probably hammer or chen. Not sure. Maybe ETC because he is cheap and my first hero to 5.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    open beta means they can hide behind that excuse for a few more precious months

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I don't even remember what changed in Hearthstone when they went from beta to release. I think it was pretty much just like a normal patch, a few card nerfs, and that was about it?

I think there were some UI, animations, and sound effects changes too.

Maybe they'll fix the lip synching on a lot of the heroes that don't have any.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

We've only played three and were stomped each time

I think we kinda gave up

Is this the case? I would like to be on a team with people that still want to play...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Anyone else experiencing any sort of connection or crash problems tonight? First I crashed hard on Haunted Mines right when they opened for the first time and the doors broke open. I had to Alt F4 to close and then rejoin.

Then just now I randomly got d/c while playing on Dragon Shire.

Sucks, because in both these instances I'm playing Hero League and I'm on the team that's winning. But then we lose because I'm not in the game for a big portion of it.

Note: I have never had d/c or crash problems before tonight. This is something new.

Edit: Things fell apart bad too. In the 2nd game, we had a 3 level lead. When I finally got reconnected we were 1 level behind.

Oh and the AI sucks soooooo bad at picking your talents while you're d/c. In my first game I was Brightwing. Come back to Promote, which is a talent I've never picked in my life on that hero, and in 2nd game I was Muradin. Come back to Haymaker. Not as terrible as having fucking promote on Brightwing, but I did not want Haymaker. I wanted Avatar. Especially since I was against Jaina and the reduced CC is great against her.

/sigh. Rough night.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

I think there were some UI, animations, and sound effects changes too.

Maybe they'll fix the lip synching on a lot of the heroes that don't have any.

Rehgar's portrait is actually accurate relative to orc vs. wolf form pls.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    There's something funny about telling us we won't be prepared for something when all that does is help prepare us for it

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There's something funny about telling us we won't be prepared for something when all that does is help prepare us for it

Pillowbunkers are now 90% complete, we have all the pylons needed, skys are coverd with overlords.

Dreanor is preped with the best forts we can get.

I don't play Diablo but I'm sure they are set for something.

Only thing we are not ready for is an awesome spidermount! Bring it on Blizzard! I totaly want a spidermount! A big one, that eats other players because it can!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    So I know that meta is considered the best ult in general for Illidian, but boy does it never get old taking The Hunt and then becoming a map wide nuke for wounded players. It's like a teleporting nova.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Only thing I really think needs a change on Illidan is his HP, it needs to be tuned from warrior to assassin. That's what I got out of playing a few matches with him at least.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Well that means they have until June to release a Starcraft/Warrior and a Diablo/Support.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So tonight with my normal crew we ran into a crew with a few names we picked out from the heathstone pros and such.

We got plastered. First on haunted mines. Okay fine. It was quick lets do one more.

We get the same team.

Oh man that was painful.

I finally got me my Nova. This teams Uther and Diablo had a hate on for me. They would chase me half the map to kill and uncloak me. I mean it did keep me off their squishies but damn that was some nova hate.

Still they had a nasty team comp.

Uther, Diablo, Illidan, Hammer and Valla.

Sometimes you have to get your ass handed to you to remember this game can be hard sometimes.

Also got my 10 people for hero league finally.

Next on my list is probably hammer or chen. Not sure. Maybe ETC because he is cheap and my first hero to 5.

They used hammer??

@Alucard6986 Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??? ^^'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Unsurprisingly the first comment I saw about the announcement was essentially "this isn't exciting what a waste of hype". Well yeah, if you are in the beta it probably means nothing. However there are plenty of people who surely have been waiting.

That being said, I wonder if the new Diablo map will be ready before then and the other heroes we were shown in the pipeline. I think we have 35 heroes? Maybe we can get 5 for a nice round 40 before launch? Doubt doesn't seem like a sufficient word to describe how I feel about that but we will see. Unless a bunch of stuff has been sandbagged for a while, it seems like there are enough outstanding issues that June is an ambitious target.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well that means they have until June to release a Starcraft/Warrior and a Diablo/Support.

It's possible there could be a content patch before release. Having nothing for April or May seems kind of nuts.

This discussion has been closed.