As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] The Kael'thas patch was merely a setback

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    With Possession, I wonder if it possessing a whole minion wave at once, with like 30 second cooldown or something, would make it worth taking.

I was thinking the same thing. Dropping it on one of those huge waves that build up over time would make it really threatening, especially if you pushed with it.

Yeah, I'm thinking like an AoE or a skill that jumps to nearby targets or something. Could be very powerful.

Imagine pushing at the core or a keep or something, the enemy creep wave comes along and suddenly they are all on your side and suped up. That's a big turnaround when pushing.

But if they get suped up and fully healed when this happens, and the enemy team is out of structures, all the minions will become a giant blob at the enemy base...

where their Sylvanas ults and send the entire wave+more back at the enemy. This repeats for all time until the map is nothing but an endless sea of minions swapping allegiances repeatedly as the curse spreads between them.

The horror.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    With Possession, I wonder if it possessing a whole minion wave at once, with like 30 second cooldown or something, would make it worth taking.

I was thinking the same thing. Dropping it on one of those huge waves that build up over time would make it really threatening, especially if you pushed with it.

Yeah, I'm thinking like an AoE or a skill that jumps to nearby targets or something. Could be very powerful.

Imagine pushing at the core or a keep or something, the enemy creep wave comes along and suddenly they are all on your side and suped up. That's a big turnaround when pushing.

But if they get suped up and fully healed when this happens, and the enemy team is out of structures, all the minions will become a giant blob at the enemy base...

where their Sylvanas ults and send the entire wave+more back at the enemy. This repeats for all time until the map is nothing but an endless sea of minions swapping allegiances repeatedly as the curse spreads between them.

The horror.

You put a unit limit on it obviously.

But if you didn't, that would be kinda awesome.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well that means they have until June to release a Starcraft/Warrior and a Diablo/Support.

they still haven't released everyone in the cinematic trailer!

I haven't watched the cinematic trailer since before the tech alpha. Who is in the trailer that isn't in the current roster?

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Well that means they have until June to release a Starcraft/Warrior and a Diablo/Support.

I haven't watched the cinematic trailer since before the tech alpha. Who is in the trailer that isn't in the current roster?

Maybe he just means femdiablo over d1-2 Diablo.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Just bought a master skin in lieu of a new hero

I don't even know who I am anymore

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Just bought a master skin in lieu of a new hero

I don't even know who I am anymore

The prettiest princess at the ball.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    JustPlainEvilJustPlainEvil Registered User regular
    If anyone still needs a beta key or wants one for a friend, I have 2 to give out. Send me a private message, I'll give them to the first two people.

steam_sig.png

Steam ID : JustPlainEvil
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Maybe he just means femdiablo over d1-2 Diablo.

excuse me her name is leahblo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Iirc, the reason why they used both diablos is purely pragmatic--they use the older Diablo in game because hots was already well into development, Diablo was one of the first heroes they worked on, and lot of d3 hadn't really been finalized yet.

By the time they started workin on the cinematic for HOTS, they had the alien queen Diablo model lying around, so they simply reused it instead of building another one from scratch.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, OG Diablo hasn't been in a cinematic for like 15 years.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    Yeah, OG Diablo hasn't been in a cinematic for like 15 years.

They are all the same demon. You don't stop being an admin just because you put on a cutesy pink avatar.

...and why should you? All the admins should have avatars... half that good.

• Options
    Diablo's hulking monster form hasn't been used in a cinematic 15 years, so the model would look dated.

The new, feminine alien form is like fiveish years old, and therefore is more practical. Nobody said it wasn't the same Diablo.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    I have 2 EU beta keys to spare if anyone wants. PM me, first come first serve :)

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ah.

Is it weird I don't find fake boobs, heels, and emphasis put on the hips as being inherently feminine? I mean...

...I know a guy. Diablo isn't the only cross dresser in the world. I doubt he's even the only one who uses someone else's body to do it.

Squeeze on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's seen as feminine because the host in Diablo 3 was a woman, whereas in Diablo 2 it was the male Warrior (which is probably why he was ripped as fuck).

You're taking this conversation in a really creepy direction.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    My only thing with Leahblo is that she is such a markedly different version of Diablo that I think they'd have to(or want to, since they'll have an excuse to charge for a new hero) work her in as an entirely different hero, because it's not something they can just skin over the frame. It's been a while but doesn't it even have a noticeably higher, more female-tilted voice in Diablo 3 than previous entries as well due to the new host?

Add her in as "Diablo (Leah host)" or "Diablo (Prime evil)" or some entry like that, make her into a more agile Diablo property melee assassin and give her the other abilities Diablo has been known for(see: actually had) like Bone Prison and that one traveling ground fire he/she/it had in Diablo 3 that left the fire patch on the ground.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Thing is Diablo already has bone prison. But for some reason it's called Apocalypse, an ability he doesn't have in any of the main Diablo games.

But it does exactly the same - large visible effect on the ground, if you don't get out you suffer a large stun. Why it isn't bone prison is beyond me...

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Considering the vast wealth of unique characters they have to choose from all their universes, it's going to be a very long time (read: probably never) before they add a slightly different form of Diablo as another charcter.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Maledict66 wrote: »
    Thing is Diablo already has bone prison. But for some reason it's called Apocalypse, an ability he doesn't have in any of the main Diablo games.

But it does exactly the same - large visible effect on the ground, if you don't get out you suffer a large stun. Why it isn't bone prison is beyond me...

nrguh that is untrueee.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Considering the vast wealth of unique characters they have to choose from all their universes, it's going to be a very long time (read: probably never) before they add a slightly different form of Diablo as another charcter.

Plus it would be visually confusing as fuck. It ain't gonna happen. Leahblo is just gonna be a skin.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Plus it would be visually confusing as fuck. It ain't gonna happen. Leahblo is just gonna be a skin.

Visual designs differentiating characters isn't exactly their strong suit. The elven archers as well as the space marines look very similar in their base designs.

• Options
    I think sylv/tyr are way more distinct than Ray/tych.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean it kind of makes sense that Tychus and Raynor would look the same. Starcraft has a lot less distinct units than Warcraft 3 which had heroes/ WoW which was an MMO.

I mean Jimmy in SC1 was a vulture hero not even a marine. Well he was also a marine but you met him on a vulture. I kind want them to give him a vulture mount that would be neat.

I really want them to add more starcraft heroes right now. I am said some of the zerg won't show up like a named Hydra or Ultralisk since they are abilities.

But I think we need a Goliath. Not because I love the unit. Nope. Not at all.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    There's nothing stopping them from making a primal zerg hero

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    There's nothing stopping them from making a primal zerg hero

It's semi confirmed that dehaka will be the first Starcraft warrior.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    A voidray hero!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I still think they will do a Zealot hero when Legacy comes out.

Probably whoever that lady zealot is would be my guess.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    A voidray hero!

Trait being that it flies and can thus go over all terrain?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I think this is likely, along with that hero being given to purchasers of the collector's edition of LotV

• Options
    edited April 2015
    A voidray hero!

There are already two always flying heroes in brightwing and falstad. A battlecruiser, carrier, a dragon or gnomish flying machine wouldn't be out of the question.

Fal/bright are both kind of slow but get global Zs, could do the same thing with a ship.

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    A voidray hero!

I think they tried making Falstad fly all the time and over all terrain but it didn't work out well. I think it is a common pitfall of moba hero design, i.e. "wouldn't it be cool if we have a flying hero that goes over all terrain, all the time"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I think a more interesting flyer would be a viking.

The z puts it into plane mode where it can't attack, has increased movement and can move over terrain. Give it a decent cooldown of say like 30 seconds with a casting time of like 3 or 4 but you can't be knocked out like Reyghar's wolf. But when on the ground make it slow. Not too slow to be no fun but slower than most characters.

That would be unique but not too overpowered. They could even make it so they can't go over walls like Falstad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Dude, Artanis.

Dat Protoss Warrior.

f5xaobymyazvlxifyvtq.png

milk ducks on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The viking video in the Heart of the Swarm trailer IS...

pretty god damned fucking AWESOME.

pew pew

(then the little-Ultralisk-that-could comes in... heh... puny humans)

That's been so far my favourte Blizzard CGI that comes to mind.
    You just watch it and sdifjAWEJ)!@*#U@!)W(@J!SQWSIOJQj

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

Dude, Artanis.

Dat Protoss Warrior.

f5xaobymyazvlxifyvtq.png

I'd prefer Fenix over Artanis.

Dude's OG.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Fenix is way better than Artanis.

He would need like a level 20 where when he dies he becomes a Dragoon till killed.

I am still grouchy the last expansion is protoss. I dislike playing protoss.

Zerg and Terran for life.

Mostly Terran. But I love me some Zerg.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Maledict66 wrote: »

nrguh that is untrueee.
    I don't get this insistence that Diablo's abilities aren't from the games. The only ability he has that can't really be mapped back to something from D1-3 is Shadow Charge.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'll take Fenix as a Dragoon, if only if they also include the ridiculously bad SC1 Goon AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukygmDk28xY

milk ducks on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A voidray hero!

There are already two always flying heroes in brightwing and falstad. A battlecruiser, carrier, a dragon or gnomish flying machine wouldn't be out of the question.

Fal/bright are both kind of slow but get global Zs, could do the same thing with a ship.

The battlecruiser is already raynor's super. I can't imagine them making it a hero as well.

Carrier would be interesting mechanically, but really is too large to be a hero, it would look dumb scaled down to be the same size as a human.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    A voidray hero!

The battlecruiser is already raynor's super. I can't imagine them making it a hero as well.

Carrier would be interesting mechanically, but really is too large to be a hero, it would look dumb scaled down to be the same size as a human.

I could see a Carrier being very large but very slow and interacting indirectly with the map like Abathur. Scaling it down to hero size would look silly. Hammer already looks kind of weird at times and having the carrier be much smaller than the shadow cast by Raynor's Hyperion ult would be odd.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.