As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Destiny: ¡CASA DE LOBOS! - Out May 19th

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Pip you've definitely been here long enough to get what I was doing there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I sure didn't get it!

My titan is level 11!

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Anyone on this side of the forum interested in a hard mode Vault in the next hour? Only have two people ATM and will fill up with randos if necessary but forumers would be much more ideal.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Anyone on this side of the forum interested in a hard mode Vault in the next hour? Only have two people ATM and will fill up with randos if necessary but forumers would be much more ideal.

yeah sure

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    neato! up to now I'd never gotten one of the rare atheon drops, then this time i got the Timebreaker, helm, Mythoclast, and Confluence

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    That's a hell of a haul

Mythoclast is so good, and Confluence is one of the best all around weapons in the game, even still, and doubly so once you can upgrade it with etheric light.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm almost done leveling praedyths in anticipation of never getting an etheric light

It ain't a bad weapon by any means but there will be better for sale from vanguard probably once wolves drops, and definitely better from vault. Buy your armor, save the light for other raid weapons.

edited May 2015
    Sorry I had to bail, @Cilla Black
    that was a lot of fun aside from jumping thing
    Man, I hate that part

DouglasDanger on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Pip you've definitely been here long enough to get what I was doing there

And then the Titan took off his helmet and it was the ultimate hustler!

forumsig.png
  • NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I started playing this again on xbone. Finally got the string of curses upgrade for my bad juju

xXNXOA7.png?1
    Happy house of wolves day!

10 AM PDT. That comes out to 1 PM EDT and 6 PM UK.11:00 Tuesday, Pacific Time (PT)

What the heck is going on with clans? Is anyone else from the Georges McFly still active?

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So 1 pm for the east coast. So maybe I won't be that far behind. May have to leave early though.

Yeah, I can play from 4 to maybe 730 est

GMaster7 wrote: »
    Just gonna leave this here for my fellow PvPers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36hrkk/weapon_spreadsheet_now_updated_with_all_new_house/?sort=top

Weapon spreadsheet, now updated with House of Wolves weapons, for figuring out which guns have the best Time to Kill.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So apparently I beat the main story a while ago and I didn't even realize that was the end?

BLM - ACAB
    The Stranger gives you her rifle, but then there are the raids and this house of wolves thing.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So sidearms are interesting?

I got one from doing one of the new story missions before work earlier. It seems kinda meh, but it's a fun tool for killing shields at least.

Didn't get out early. But I have 11 engrams waiting for me when I get home.

The sidearm you get from the story missions is pretty damn good. It does a lot of damage for such a low impact weapon.

The new strike is far and away the best they've ever done. Not too long, not too many enemies, but still plenty of fun.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Finished the story, short but pretty cool, last couple of missions are neat

Unlike Prison of Elders but I'll be saving that for tomorrow if anyone wants to do it then

PSN- AHermano
    The sidearm you get from the story missions is pretty damn good. It does a lot of damage for such a low impact weapon.

The new strike is far and away the best they've ever done. Not too long, not too many enemies, but still plenty of fun.

Awesome, now I'm even more eager to do that after work and the raid tonight.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Any of the new stuff trickle down to people who haven't bought the expansion?

I still have a bunch of those bounty engrams but I can't pick this up until thursday.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    I think some of the stuff from The Dark Below is filtering out to the regular game.

The house of wolves is amazing, from the hour I played.

From what I understand, even if you don't have the expansion, you can still go to the Reef social area. It has to be that way since Xur will be there occasionally.

Oh wow.

So with my two keys for the big chest at the end of prison, two matchmaking rounds have yielded me:

Hard Light

The third current Vanguard piece I wanted through an engram.

An epic machine gun.

An epic scout rifle that, through reforging, has a full auto perk I can unlock.

This expansion is sweet.

• cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm really liking it. It's so nice to log in and have new shit to do alongside the already rock-solid mechanics that make the game a joy to play most of the time.

Fuck you, Destiny, for not giving me a single etheric light all day yesterday, though. I simply want to upgrade Fatebringer, then I'll shut the fuck up. That's all I want. Give it to me.

And maybe a Hawkmoon too.

cr0w wrote: »
    I'm really liking it. It's so nice to log in and have new shit to do alongside the already rock-solid mechanics that make the game a joy to play most of the time.

Fuck you, Destiny, for not giving me a single etheric light all day yesterday, though. I simply want to upgrade Fatebringer, then I'll shut the fuck up. That's all I want. Give it to me.

And maybe a Hawkmoon too.

How do you get etheric light outside of the nightfall and the higher level prison runs?

I desperately want to get my old vanguard gear at max level.

And now that I bothered to look it up, apparently those are the only sources.

Getting higher level gear to do the higher prison runs is possible through, doing the level 32 one and using the armor core you get rewarded to purchase whatever piece of armor Variks is selling this week.

Repeat that to make a set over the coming weeks and bam, you get your higher light level.

Kind of an indirect leveling method, but I like it.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

yo the nightfall can eat about 15 dicks

the fucking sniper shanks/vandals are straight up dumpster babies

PiptheFair on
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yo the nightfall can eat about 15 dicks

the fucking sniper shanks/vandals are straight up dumpster babies

Kill them before they kill you

An arc sniper and arc primary renders that whole nightfall a relatively simple exercise in using smart cover, learning enemy position, and watching your teammates backs.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    it's weird that they have an art team make armors for the titan and warlock and then give the interns the hunter set

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Also, focus-fire sniper-rifle/machine-gun headshots on the last Boss can kill him before the adds can come out. This even works with just 2 people for the Nightfall.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Zay wrote: »
    it's weird that they have an art team make armors for the titan and warlock and then give the interns the hunter set

I like the hunter set

if you ascend a thing does it reset all of the slots or whatever

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Nope, it resets nothing.

like do you need to level it up again, i mean

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    like do you need to level it up again, i mean