As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey. How's your day going?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Guy comes into my store all the time with one of those.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I just saw a dude on a motorized unicycle go by my car on my lunch break.

It was a wheel with a platform to stand on and that was it. Just floating by.

solowheel1.jpg

s'called a Solowheel

I can't come up for a proper response to this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    If you could make something like that, why not build them into some kind of skateboard configuration?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    tynic wrote: »
    BADLY

Nic. :(

Feel free to hit me up if you need to talk/vent/etc.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    If you could make something like like, why not build them into some kind of skateboard configuration?

You mean like the Z Board?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1uAkyQ4O8

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Classes have been registered! It's going to actually be a fun semester.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I just saw a dude on a motorized unicycle go by my car on my lunch break.

solowheel1.jpg

s'called a Solowheel

Oh my GOD this looks like the most laziness enabling shit ever.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

solowheel1.jpg

s'called a Solowheel

Oh my GOD this looks like the most laziness enabling shit ever.

Naw. You still have to stand up.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    It reminds me of wall e.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll just continue to fly around in my gyrocopter thank you very much

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Guy comes into my store all the time with one of those.

Does he wear harlequin-styled argyle-ish patterns? 'Cause I saw that guy downtown a week or so ago

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    Um, well today was kind of crap for a plethora of reasons

But I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better, so there's that

All will be well. Just channel your inner Furiosa.

Always

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a quick update on the situation up here:
    CFfeat9UEAAnbpu.jpg:large

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    What a load of croc.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Hello thread.

My day is okay. I'm facing increasing pressure from my mother to go and visit her and her parents. Some of you know my relationship with my mom is complicated to say the least. I'm currently unemployed (again) so now would be a good time, but I just have serious reservations with seeing her again. I've only recently even told her what my current address is.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot What classes are you taking this semester?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I love the skin! I just don't like biting through it. It gets all up in my teeth.

I clicked agree on this post 20 times but it only registered once. For every second I spend eating an apple I spend a minute picking apple skin out of my fucking teeth. Toothbrush doesn't even get in there.

Same problem with popcorn.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm struggling with some thoughts lately.

Schools here have mandatory uniforms. This, I believe, is a mostly good thing. I believe in the necessity of giving kids an even playing field as much as possible and in lessening bullying wherever and however possible.

However, I'm struggling with the fact of the uniforms in that the girls have to wear skirts. Now, this would normally have bothered me just because I hate skirts myself. But lately, I've been thinking about potential children, particularly daughters. And being feminist.

And I have a problem with not only my future child, but any girl, needing to wear a uniform skirt just because she's a girl. WEaring a uniform is fine, but I'd rather everybody all wear pants. Or all wear skirts. Or have the option of either or both.

But, the other side of the whole thing is I don't want to be "that mother". The one who raises an issue and causes trouble for my child based upon my ideological thoughts and feelings.

And I'm struggling with it.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    what is "that mother"?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I went to a Catholic school for one year and the school thought it was fine for the girls to wear the same in-uniform pants as the boys.

Subsequently, every single one of the girls (probably their parents) opted into the pants and it was nary an issue.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    It was ingrained into me from childhood that you wear your seatbelt, full stop, no questions asked

Like, to the point where it feels weird and uncomfortable to not be wearing it

Whenever I get in the back seat of my girlfriend's parents' car, I reflexively put on my seat belt

And every single time without fail she gets mad at me and tells me to take it off.

I have asked her about this multiple times and I am never given a straight answer.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I would've hated having uniforms as a kid.

To clarify: I wasn't fashion conscious or anything as a kid, quite the opposite really. I wasn't especially rebellious, either. But especially as a teenager the idea of having to conform probably would've rubbed me the wrong way.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I always go with woody

:winky:

I had you pegged as fresh fruit actually

I always peg with fresh fruit...

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I'm really glad I never had to wear a uniform. So many fabrics give me a rash, there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to wear whatever the uniform would have been, and then I'd have needed to wear something else so I could actually concenteate on school work and not how badly I wanted to claw my skin off. And in wearing something else, I'd have been singled out which then defeats the purpose of the uniform anyway.

• Options

@lonelyahava
    It's a hell of a lineup

Natural Disasters
    Intro to Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature
    Black and White Photography
    The Art of Digital Photography
    Interpersonal Communications

I'm pretty pumped.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    It was ingrained into me from childhood that you wear your seatbelt, full stop, no questions asked

Like, to the point where it feels weird and uncomfortable to not be wearing it

Whenever I get in the back seat of my girlfriend's parents' car, I reflexively put on my seat belt

And every single time without fail she gets mad at me and tells me to take it off.

I have asked her about this multiple times and I am never given a straight answer.

tumblr_mdd0i5EjYI1rvgn38.png

• Options
    Uniforms are fine but gender segregated uniforms are dumb, and mandatory skirts for girls are super dumb.

My school wasn't great, though the girls uniform had a 3/4 pants option (it was all very complicated). I remember when I was in high school some schools started giving all kids a pants/shirt combo, and that seems to be how it's handled in the non-private schools in this town.

Get with the times, NZ! But maybe by the time you have kids old enough for this to be an issue, things will have changed?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    though the girls uniform had a 3/4 pants option

So, like, school-mandated capri pants?

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Tynic I have a question for you

What is the term for something of new Zealand origin? (eg American, British, austrailian)

I can't figure out how you would say that

New zealandish?

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    You should probably ask someone who lives there! But we just say Kiwi. "Is that movie Australian?" "Nah I think it's kiwi"

• Options
    Ah sorry!

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Antipodean.

Actually I guess that still includes Australian.

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    School uniforms are wonderful. Mine allowed girls to wear the exact same as boys, and as all schools have uniforms over here it is much easier to buy them then I would guess abroad because if your school uses a common colour you can get the trousers, blazer etc from a shop off the high street.

I hated non-uniform days, I stressed so much about what to wear because when in uniform no one could pick on me about my clothes or how I looked or not being cool, but on non uniform days they could. So I am a big fan of uniforms because they saved me from being picked on a lot.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

lonelyahava
    It's a hell of a lineup

Natural Disasters
    Intro to Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature
    Black and White Photography
    The Art of Digital Photography
    Interpersonal Communications

I'm pretty pumped.

Black and White Photography actually doubles as Intro to Stand-Up Comedy.

White people take photos this, Black people take photos like this

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    School uniforms are wonderful. Mine allowed girls to wear the exact same as boys, and as all schools have uniforms over here it is much easier to buy them then I would guess abroad because if your school uses a common colour you can get the trousers, blazer etc from a shop off the high street.

I hated non-uniform days, I stressed so much about what to wear because when in uniform no one could pick on me about my clothes or how I looked or not being cool, but on non uniform days they could. So I am a big fan of uniforms because they saved me from being picked on a lot.
    someone picked on Liiya!? That's it where are they lemme at em!

Let's be honest here. the uniforms were to protect the others from being destroyed by your coolness.

Cool as a cucumber.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Ok I've given this like 30 years of thought, but today I feel like anxiety is like a combination of moderate to severe tinnitus, constantly teetering on the edge of a mile-high cliff, and being crushed between the jaws of a giant implacable vulture. That seems to cover most of it.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I don't know about you, but whenever I feel overwhelmed by anxiety, I like to take a nice long, hot bath. I let the water become still... then I pour in the bubble bath liquid... I slide myself into that wet and welcoming embrace... and I see how frothy I can get the water just through the power of me own farties.

• Options
    you're a master of the de-stressing art.
    A true wheef-phew

... ok that may be the world's worst attempt at a mandarin-english fart pun
    i'm sorry

This discussion has been closed.