As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[steam] Thread: Summer Sale is here! (Charity Drive post Pg.41+ Link at top of OP)

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    haven't played it myself, but I've heard generally good things about styx

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I liked what I played of Styx, it just came the same week as Alien Isolation, Costume Quest 2, PC ports of Ryse and FFXIII, and a week before Legend of Grimrock 2, Evil Within and Borderlands. So it got lost in the shuffle for me. I'll be going back to it though. October 2014 was kind of a crazy packed month.

Corpekata on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dead (or maybe not it's a little unclear at the moment) in the Steam Battle thread but not forgotten, @Iolo sends me to the Abyss to search for myself!

QEF2cDM.png

Thanks!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    A drive by humble linkening via PM!

5xWxibo.jpg

Thanks, @chasm! This got a bad rap for being not really XCOMy, but folks who played it around here said combat was solid Mass Effect style order your dudes around and wield technological powers. That sounds good to me - thanks again!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The last conversations I read about Styx described it as the spiritual sucessor to Arkham Asylum's gameplay.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The last conversations I read about Styx described it as the spiritual sucessor to Arkham Asylum's gameplay.

Wait what? I was under the impression it was all stealth and that Styx had perpetually about 2 hit points. Can I freeform combat my way through a medieval castle? Because that's a thing I would like to do.

camo_sig2.png
    jclast wrote: »

Wait what? I was under the impression it was all stealth and that Styx had perpetually about 2 hit points. Can I freeform combat my way through a medieval castle? Because that's a thing I would like to do.

Your initial impression is correct. Not sure how anyone could think the game was like Batman. Maybe the predator sections? But even that's a bit off.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @chasm sends a random humblebundle store link. It's Sid Meier's Starships!

Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Installed an optical drive for the first time in years because I needed to burn some discs tonight.

Then I realized that I can't find any of my SATA cables. I have like thirty of the stupid things and I cannot find a single one of them.

Whatever, I'll just disconnect my secondary hard drive and use that cable temporarily until I can find or buy one tomorrow, so it'll just be my SSD and the optical drive.

Steam is installed on said secondary drive, so it's not usable right now, but I can at least use the web chat to BS with people and kill some time while I'm burning discs.

I can't remember my Steam password, so I can't log in to web chat.

I can't reset my password because you have to do it from the client.

Life is hard :(

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Your initial impression is correct. Not sure how anyone could think the game was like Batman. Maybe the predator sections? But even that's a bit off.

But hey, stealthing through a medieval castle with Batman-like travesing mechanics? I'm down

steam_sig.png
    TeeMan wrote: »

But hey, stealthing through a medieval castle with Batman-like travesing mechanics? I'm down

Well, I mean it's not really like that either. It's a traditional stealth game. It's sort of Batmanish in that it's a lot more vertical than most stealth games but you won't be grappling or flying around or anything like that.

TeeMan wrote: »

Well, I mean it's not really like that either. It's a traditional stealth game. It's sort of Batmanish in that it's a lot more vertical than most stealth games but you won't be grappling or flying around or anything like that.

Hmm, OK. I think after work I might watched a let's play or two before taking the plunge.

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @shade just up and gifts me Munin for no reason other than he's awesome! Thanks shade!

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @iolo has decided that since I was a member of the Rougelike, he need to send me a monster attack. But I was only there for a while, then died, then came back, then died. I didn't even manage the third comeback. Still, I must now destroy all of earth's cities!

uBCYKuV.png

Thanks!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Turnabout is fair play?

ZN1opb4.jpg

Thanks, @Anthoshka! I think this had universally rave reviews from the thread denizens who played it, for both its beauty and its feels. I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks very much! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Witcher 3 is really itching my "just one more quest and now it's 5 AM" part of my brain.

Oh my god yes. I meant to go to bed at a reasonable time last night. I'd just do one small quest first. NOPE! Turns out this chain of the quest lasted a good two hours.

camo_sig2.png
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    My god guys Dying Light is scary at night how can I do this. I'm also really bad at fighting apparently, or I took a sidequest that was too difficult. I had to kill like, 5 guys who were making drugs and I died twice and had to use all 4 medkits that I had and then I had to cheese the fight too. How can I fight jumping super zombies if I get destroyed by drug dealers? HOW?

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    My god guys Dying Light is scary at night how can I do this. I'm also really bad at fighting apparently, or I took a sidequest that was too difficult. I had to kill like, 5 guys who were making drugs and I died twice and had to use all 4 medkits that I had and then I had to cheese the fight too. How can I fight jumping super zombies if I get destroyed by drug dealers? HOW?

Well... if it were me, I'd lead the aforementioned jumping super zombies to the drug dealers, sit back with a beer, and let them sort it out themselves. Then take out the winner.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Aistan wrote: »
    The results are in, and they were quite a bit easier to tabulate than I had expected. Maybe next time i'll pick games that everyone doesn't already have, though i'm glad so many people have played these.

@SteevL wins the coin toss and gets Mercenary Kings, though I felt bad that the only other entry for that game was being left out. So, @Florin gets a copy as well.

@cB557 managed to find an infinite loop bug in the logic of the rules I set for this little contest. Hard to have a reroll for a duplicate win when there's only one entry. As such, he gets both Risk of Rain and Gunpoint.

No one entered for The Swapper, which means i'll just give it out to someone on my friends list who has it on their wishlist.

Geth, roll 1d4

Congrats guys, hope you enjoy them :)

Thank you very much! It looks quite beautiful! :D

Florin on
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    For anyone else that was looking forward to Hellraid being release, there's some bad news on their blog: http://hellraid.com/blog

Dear Hellraid fans,

We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.

In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.

We wish to thank all our fans for your support – you’re the best!

Seems a bit weird they still have a store page up but I guess they just broke the news on May 21

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Yikes. Taking it back to the drawing board has gotta sting

steam_sig.png
    Especially since it kind of sounds like this is the second time they have gone back to the drawing board as the last update on their blog says that they were going to revamp the whole thing for the next-gen platforms.

steam_sig.png

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Well... if it were me, I'd lead the aforementioned jumping super zombies to the drug dealers, sit back with a beer, and let them sort it out themselves. Then take out the winner.

Just don't go out at night unless you're playing with friends :)

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

I tried! The jumping zombies weren't after me yet, but I tried blowing a hole in the fence AND breaking a padlock to let regular zombies in. Neither of those worked.

I'll avoid fighting for a bit, I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I tried! The jumping zombies weren't after me yet, but I tried blowing a hole in the fence AND breaking a padlock to let regular zombies in. Neither of those worked.

I'll avoid fighting for a bit, I think.

Plan B: Apply liberal doses of fire and/or explosives to the pest problem. Wait 30 minutes. Sweep up debris and dispose of in a responsible manner.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    New thread, new post for my Memorial Day/early berfday giveaways.

signature.png

signature.png

Just a few hours left!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Huh. Decided to give Mercenary Kings a try this morning. The first time, it showed up in my taskbar, but nothing happened and eventually I got the "program is not responding" message. The second and third times, I got the Blue Screen of Death. I don't think I've ever gotten that while loading up a game on Steam before.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I gave myself a neck cramp last night playing Symphony; I was using only Dragonforce tracks, though, so there is that.

Also, on my morning traipsing through comics I found Pixie when she plays RPGs. She's even pink!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

Dying light fighting is all about isolating people. That or jump kicks. Jump kicks usually work

camo_sig.png
    Slide tackles all day.

I just got the jumpkick skill! Slide tackle will come as soon as it unlocks. :) I'm glad to hear I'm on the right path.

steam_sig.png
    In Dying Light any time I see Rise's men I look at my weapon, my tools, my location, then forget all of that and just start slide kicking because I need nothing else.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

My weekly deals only says "The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." which is kinda weird - the real Summer Sale is still ways off, right? Normal Mondays don't usually do that to the store.

Mirkel wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »

My weekly deals only says "The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later." which is kinda weird - the real Summer Sale is still ways off, right? Normal Mondays don't usually do that to the store.

We are talking about it in chat. General consensus is it's way too early to for summer sale. It was June 19 last year and I think that was on the early side of things, even then.

steam_sig.png

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I would just contribute it to the usual sales rollover, but 46 minutes later yeah that's a bit longer than usual.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If I had to guess anything it'd be valve getting ddos'd or something like that.

Maybe someone left something on the servers again.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    It's Memorial Day. Everyone's off of either school or government jobs, and hitting up the Steam store.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Does seem to have been down for a long while.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    I've been trying to buy the Witcher for about an hour now. No luck. :bigfrown:

This discussion has been closed.