As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Old HW launch thread

• Options
    ElucidaElucida Registered User regular
    So to double check if I'm still leveling the expansion does literally nothing for me till I've done the story right?

It will give you access to making an Au Ra character, as well as giving you the increased level cap. You won't have access to the new zones until you finish the ARR story, though.

Didn't they say the level cap increases for everyone, so technically the expansion only allows you to make an Au Ra until you complete the storyline.

FFXIV: Sylvinae Mori
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I might pick it up then just so I have it for when I get there.

Plus Au Ra might be a fun thing to play as.

Also, pre-ordering Heavensward gives you the Baron Circlet and Earrings (Cecil's PLD headpiece), and the black chocobo courier chick minion, in addition to early access. CE/DCE gives you the gryphon mount, Baron Helm (Cecil's DRK helm), and a Wind-up Kain Highwind minion. Well, and an additional Fantasia.

One of the new FC members outright squeed at the Wind-up Kain minion.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I love that my Facebook feed has become a debate on what the best weekend menus will be for marathon gaming. Need to cook ALL the things on Thursday when the servers are down!
    Share dude.
    Lots of pizza/chips/soda talk, one friend is making dumplings, another plans to run out from time to time for bar food. And another ordered a box of 100 lollipops, because apparently lalafels can live off candy.

I typically go with meat and veggies, anything sugar or carb heavy gives me peaks and valleys of alertness. I'm making a giant salad + homemade chicken strips + something like peanut butter/celery for snacks. A bit of fresh fruit (blueberries, blackberries) for dessert. Coffee/water to drink. That's pretty close to what I live off of anyway, and what I've made for launch parties in the past.

For the record, I'm generally the last (wo)man standing. :biggrin:

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    So I've been doing a little looking around, and it appears there isn't any way to make slow but steady cash fishing for common food ingredients?
    No idea what it will be in the Xpac, but Fishing has been super profitable: Hammerhead Shark and Silver Shark for Shark Oil, Finger Shrimp, Rothlyt Oysters and Razor Clams for Bouillabaisse can all be picked up by fishing retainers or fished. On top of that, Emperor Fish for Flint Caviar, and Aetherlouse and Worm of Nym for relic 3* turn-ins. Pets, swimsuits from desynth.... Yeah, many millions have been made from fishing.

Ok. I remembered FFXI fishing for food mats, and when I was looking online for this, everyone just kept saying "If you get lucky with swimsuit desynths." Which I get, but Im not looking to gamble on a quick couple mil. I just want something that I can sit back, relax, and net some gil for my time.
    The rest of the stuff I listed then; Swimsuits are just gravy. The Aetherlouse and Worm of Nym sold for a shitload when that relic step first came out, HQ were 250k each.

The other thing that will make steady profit are the fish needed for leves, since fishing is the one gathering skill where you can literally buy your way to 50. This website will show you what to throw away and what to try selling, since there are a ton of trash fodder fish.

I think a lot of people recommend desynth since you're going to end up with a shitload of trash fish anyway, so leveling it is essentially "free."

Edit Almost forgot: http://ffxivfisher.appspot.com/ This website works well with the above and gives you a rolling window for anything that has time/weather requirements.

I definitely plan on focusing more on fishing this time around. Got it to 50 but kind of half-assed it after that.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    nvm!

soylenth on
  • Options
    RieRie Registered User regular
    I am hoping in after a long absence!
    No day off for me on Friday, so I will be 12 hours behind some of you guys!
    Saw someone talking about weekend menu....I am going grocery shopping on Thursday for everything I will need this weekend! Fruits, veggies.

I will mostly be marinating bite size things that can be thrown in the oven quickly (pork chop / steaks / chicken).
    Will also have a dozen of hard boiled eggs for salad / snacks.
    Also, I have endless amount of real Asian ramen for the needed late night carb boost!
    I have lots and lots of tea for caffeine too!

Also also, I got tons of facial mask so I don't get wrinkles playing 18hrs a day!
    I am expansion ready!!

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I want this wod healing set, but it never drops

sadface

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Quick little breakdown from a response to a comment I made on the sub-Reddit. Check it out if you want to make some fast exp (over a level's worth) in the first 30 minutes of 3.0 coming out...

"We need 562,000 exp total to level.

Just counted my list of quests. Total of 219,974 exp from 6 beast tribe and 16 highest level leves that are already completed. SHOULD also get the weekly challenge from 5 different leve plates for another 84.3k exp. There's another challenge log for doing 20 leves total for 84.3k again. If you do 4 level 45 leves real fast just to finish the challenge, you're already at 428,454 exp. You'll want to at least grab 3, because servers will be up at 5am EST and guildleve allowances are given at 6 and 6.

Doing the guildhest and dungeon challenges gives another 224,800 exp. Doing FATES (5 areas and 10 different) gives a total of 168,600 exp. Player commendations gives a 10% bonus, too, for 56.2k exp. If you run one quick guildhest roulette or dungeon roulette and comm someone, you'd get a nice fat bonus."

Esh on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I don't have a day off until the 27th because lol @ PTO.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Fun is trying to catch up with one E3 bombshell after another while the Hawks win the Stanley Cup and I'm about to buy stuff thanks to the Steam Summer Sale when an uncle calls up because their sump pump burned out during a heavy downpour.

Gonna be a bit too preoccupied for T10 tonight, I'm afraid. Static folks, if you're going in, good luck! And thanks again for the clear last night! :)

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Physical Playstation pre-order codes should have started going out today so check your email if you haven't gotten yours yet.

I got mine in my email, so they should be there for everyone. Also, if you are on PS4, you can redeem the code remotely, and then push it to your system from the online PS Store.

I entered my early access code through the online store website, but nothing appears in either my PS4 library or FF X|V client . Kinda worried.

The website confirmed the code was entered in, but nothing was placed in my media list.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Physical Playstation pre-order codes should have started going out today so check your email if you haven't gotten yours yet.

I got mine in my email, so they should be there for everyone. Also, if you are on PS4, you can redeem the code remotely, and then push it to your system from the online PS Store.

I entered my early access code through the online store website, but nothing appears in either my PS4 library or FF X|V client . Kinda worried.

The website confirmed the code was entered in, but nothing was placed in my media list.

if you have early access, mog station'll confirm it.

it shows up under your account status somewhere.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Crap, all it says is standard account. WTF?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    There is nothing in the world like seeing every melee other than yourself get hit by Zero Form Particle Beam and get blasted away from Cloud of Darkness. 30% of the raid, minimum.

To be fair, the width of that attack is much wider than the animation shows. I've been effectively 5-10 feet out of it before and still gotten hit trying to avoid it.

Yeah, I think everyone gets hit with it once, but twice I saw the raid scattered to the four winds. I use Cloud's targeting circle as the baseline, I think the beam is as wide as its diameter.

It was worth it to see Donut Steel call the group a "bunch of potatoes" in FC chat though.

The best thing is seeing the MT get hit and watch his HP ping pong as all 6 healers collectively shit themselves.

• Options

Your page should look something like this...
    egoj48wi1d0i.png

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Yukira wrote: »
    There is nothing in the world like seeing every melee other than yourself get hit by Zero Form Particle Beam and get blasted away from Cloud of Darkness. 30% of the raid, minimum.

To be fair, the width of that attack is much wider than the animation shows. I've been effectively 5-10 feet out of it before and still gotten hit trying to avoid it.

Yeah, I think everyone gets hit with it once, but twice I saw the raid scattered to the four winds. I use Cloud's targeting circle as the baseline, I think the beam is as wide as its diameter.

It was worth it to see Donut Steel call the group a "bunch of potatoes" in FC chat though.

The best thing is seeing the MT get hit and watch his HP ping pong as all 6 healers collectively shit themselves.

Seriously? Get better healers or make sure your MT is geared enough to handle it. Getting smacked by that beam once shouldn't come close to killing the MT or debuffing him/her badly enough to make anyone worry.

Esh on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Drank a fantasia. Plan on using it then going to work. I'm ready!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Yeah, it doesn't have that.

That said, I re-entered the code on my PS4 directly, and now I'm currently downloading 1+ GB of Heavensward as a separate add on, so I'm not sure what's going on. Whee!

• Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

That said, I re-entered the code on my PS4 directly, and now I'm currently downloading 1+ GB of Heavensward as a separate add on, so I'm not sure what's going on. Whee!

So what are you lacking? The Early Access thing under account?

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Quick little breakdown from a response to a comment I made on the sub-Reddit. Check it out if you want to make some fast exp (over a level's worth) in the first 30 minutes of 3.0 coming out...

Just counted my list of quests. Total of 219,974 exp from 6 beast tribe and 16 highest level leves that are already completed. SHOULD also get the weekly challenge from 5 different leve plates for another 84.3k exp. There's another challenge log for doing 20 leves total for 84.3k again. If you do 4 level 45 leves real fast just to finish the challenge, you're already at 428,454 exp. You'll want to at least grab 3, because servers will be up at 5am EST and guildleve allowances are given at 6 and 6.

Doing the guildhest and dungeon challenges gives another 224,800 exp. Doing FATES (5 areas and 10 different) gives a total of 168,600 exp. Player commendations gives a 10% bonus, too, for 56.2k exp. If you run one quick guildhest roulette or dungeon roulette and comm someone, you'd get a nice fat bonus."

That's actually really solid, I've just been chilling doing frontlines so ill have to see if i can get my motivation to at least do some of that to prepare.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »

That's actually really solid, I've just been chilling doing frontlines so ill have to see if i can get my motivation to at least do some of that to prepare.

I capped out my Leves at 16 today. Tomorrow I'll turn 4 in when the Challenge Log resets, do 4 more, and be ready for the 20 Leves entry on Friday.

So yeah, basically do everything up to the point where 1 roulette/dungeon/hest/commendation will trigger your log entries and you're golden.

• Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Do all preorders get early access, or just the CE? I originally tried to preorder the CE from GameStop, but they were sold out. So, I preordered a regular physical copy with an assurance that they would bump me up to the CE if any were available. I used the code that came with that. Subsequently, the physical CE became available on Amazon, so I ordered it and cancelled my GameStop preorder. I don't think I received a code from Amazon. IIRC, Amazon sends codes in a separate email than the order confirmation one, and I only have the one.

So, long story short, it's a regular edition code.

• Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Do all preorders get early access, or just the CE? I originally tried to preorder the CE from GameStop, but they were sold out. So, I preordered a regular physical copy with an assurance that they would bump me up to the CE if any were available. I used the code that came with that. Subsequently, the physical CE became available on Amazon, so I ordered it and cancelled my GameStop preorder. I don't think I received a code from Amazon. IIRC, Amazon sends codes in a separate email than the order confirmation one, and I only have the one.

Oh, yeah. Amazon isn't sending out your preorder code till the last instant if I remember.

• Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Oh, yeah. Amazon isn't sending out your preorder code till the last instant if I remember.

Okay, but like I said, I entered in the GameStop code and got the return code email from SE. I entered that code into PSN - first in the store's website, then in the PS4 itself - and it downloaded a 1.7 GB add on, but my account status hasn't changed.

I really hate this input a code to receive a code stuff. Nothing else I've ever preordered has worked this way.

• Options
    Early access isn't the end of the world to me. I doubt I'd be able to participate in the Heavensward content by then. I'm more concerned about the preorder gear bonuses. I want to make sure I get them.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    So the code you got from preordering from Gamestop then canceled after using it isn't working? Just wait for Amazon to give you the code that you are actually paying for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Okay, but like I said, I entered in the GameStop code and got the return code email from SE. I entered that code into PSN - first in the store's website, then in the PS4 itself - and it downloaded a 1.7 GB add on, but my account status hasn't changed.

I really hate this input a code to receive a code stuff. Nothing else I've ever preordered has worked this way.

Your pre-order code was probably cancelled when you cancelled your Gamestop pre-order.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oh yeah...yeah.

There's an awesome new FF I can play this week.

Good timing. I'm in the mood for some reason. Couldn't tell you why.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Just finished the story and all I have to say is:
    God dammit.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Just finished the story and all I have to say is:
    God dammit.
    Please insert Disc 2 (due in 3 days!!!!)

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    8ea4e4af65b65fc267ee6d98d60bec0649fd835c_1.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Upcoming Heavensward schedule: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/20b26bd79e4c445a52c5cd44f7a88c0822df42f5

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. (PDT) - Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (PDT) - Duty Commenced
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) - All Worlds Maintenance (24 hours)
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) - Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXII
    Friday, June 19, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) - Early Access Begins
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - "FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward" On Sale!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    So i've been playing through the 2 week trial an think i'm going to pick this up today. Is there a recruit a friend bonus I can offer anyone?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    So i've been playing through the 2 week trial an think i'm going to pick this up today. Is there a recruit a friend bonus I can offer anyone?

I'll send you one

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

egoj48wi1d0i.png

If you're on PS4, then don't worry - the code had to be authenticated through the PS Store, not Mog Station.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yes, in your Steam library, you'll need to hit the CD Key link.

Then, go onto MogStation and enter the codes in the proper sections, and that should do it.

Here's the help topic:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=73011

Neurotika on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Thanks dude, would have been sad when I took the day off on Friday and couldn't play.

Not that I can play HS anyway, I'm still inching towards 50.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Seriously? Get better healers or make sure your MT is geared enough to handle it. Getting smacked by that beam once shouldn't come close to killing the MT or debuffing him/her badly enough to make anyone worry.

You assume a lot out of the other alliances for a WoD.

• Options

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Your pre-order code was probably cancelled when you cancelled your Gamestop pre-order.

Could be. Or it could be like AngelHedgie suggested and it's handled through PSN and not reflected in Mog Station. I sent an email request to SE support to hopefully get an explanation either way.

In fun news, I'm inching closer to being able to blow through the story. I81 and climbing. I wish the queues from Syrcus Tower were shorter. Seems like Labyrinth of the Ancients is more popular, but SC feels like it goes faster with a good crew, plus you get more Poetics for it.

This discussion has been closed.