As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So, LIFE! (the new tv show)

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    I missed
    The part about the guard who was paid to attack charlie? And Ames is definately cracking, seeing charlie he just grabbed a bottle and not his gun. He definately seems like a good man who had to do a horrible thing to someone he knew was innocent. Did the picture at the end look like charlies old partner to anyone else? Also I think Charlies lawyer is going to end up dead from one of her new clients and this could potentially be linked to charlie.
    The part about the guard was in the "Uncovering Evidence Of Life" segment during one of the commercial breaks. And as I said, I have the feeling that Ames is going to go "poof" himself.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damn it, that's not included online. Oh well, I suspect you are right about Ames, but what do you think about Constance?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay, conspiracy wall time:
    I think it's safe to say that Rachel (the daughter of Charlie's slain partner) is one of the linchpins in the case. The lengths that Ames went to cover up her presence in the house (falsifying reports, stealing her Child Services jacket) makes it clear that whoever was behind this wanted her to just disappear, because she could reveal the real killer. The one thing of note is that her art therapy drawings have given Charlie a lead.
    It's also clear that Ames is cracking. Somehow, I get the feeling that he was a good cop forced to do a great evil, and the weight is sitting heavy on him. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he winds up dead in a couple of episodes.
    Also, the fact that the guard that attacked Charlie in prison was paid to do so is interesting indeed, as is the fact that after he disclosed this, he suddenly went "poof"...

Thanks for this, I had missed some of it.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
    edited October 2007
    So what did you guys think?

Adrenaline on
    edited November 2007
    Okay, I'm reviving this thread to state that I fucking called it.

AngelHedgie on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Okay, I'm reviving this thread to state that I fucking called it.

:^:

Also, does this show know how to end an episode or what! The way they ended episode two and the way they ended this last one was excellent.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What did that fucking coffee cup the IRS woman had say? They kept drawing the camera to it, but I missed it

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    What did that fucking coffee cup the IRS woman had say? They kept drawing the camera to it, but I missed it

"You Are What You RECEIPT"

AngelHedgie on
    edited November 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

"You Are What You RECEIPT"

Ah

I knew it was going to have something to do with something

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2007
    I still liked the response about Farthingale having a wife:

"No, he didn't have a wife."

AngelHedgie on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Great episode last night. His whole interview with the IAD was hilarious.

Can't wait to see what he is gonna say to Reese's dad.

tallgeeze on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is this show...uhh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB3ir_h3VeY

Always this...high quality?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Is this show...uhh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB3ir_h3VeY

Always this...high quality?

That was the low point. It is much, much better than that normally.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Yeah that part was uncharacteristically stupid.

Adrenaline on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, that Prince of Persia thing was retarded.

But videogames on TV are pretty much always retarded

Senjutsu on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I remember an episode of CSI, where a bunch of killers were basing their crime spree off a GTA type game that was already released a while ago. So after the detectives go to the game company to find out where they might be headed next, the CEO is all, "Sorry, that's a trade secret, if you want to find out, you need to play the game!" So then the episode is about whether or not they can beat the game in time to catch the next crime. At no point do they ever ask for a strategy guide. Or download a walkthrough. Or just ask some random kid down the street to beat the game instead, because your detectives probably have more important things to do, and probably won't do as well on the game anyway.

Yeah, I don't watch CSI anymore.

Schrodinger on
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That was the abortion known as CSI Miami. They sensationalize everything to ridiculous degrees. The Pop scene seemed like a rip off from the movie Cloak and Dagger.

stigweard on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The last episode more than made up for the PoP sequence.

I mean, that was the lowest point of the series so far, and it wasn't even that low. It was corney, but at least it was a real game and it made a bit of sense. The playing montage was funny though.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
    edited November 2007
    Yeah the PoP thing was kind of dumb, but it didn't detract from the overall episode (which was still solid). This weeks episodes story really gripped me. I liked how Charlie saw himself in Farthingale.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah the PoP thing was kind of dumb, but it didn't detract from the overall episode (which was still solid). This weeks episodes story really gripped me. I liked how Charlie saw himself in Farthingale.

"Who can live like this?"

Cue Charlie.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I liked how his partner was defacto insulting him the entire episode but not being aware of how he lives had no idea. I wonder if there is a particular reason charlie hasn't gotten any furniture (perhaps he plans on moving, or something in prison?).

I liked how even though they were solving a crime, this episode gave us a lot of insight into charlie.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I liked how his partner was defacto insulting him the entire episode but not being aware of how he lives had no idea. I wonder if there is a particular reason charlie hasn't gotten any furniture (perhaps he plans on moving, or something in prison?).

I liked how even though they were solving a crime, this episode gave us a lot of insight into charlie.

It's more that he just doesn't have a materialistic outlook anymore. He has no need to keep up with the Joneses, so the clutter is meaningless. I think he ultimately saw a lot of himself in Farthingale, especially when they noted exactly how complex the research to find the nut was (he had to mine the data deep.)

AngelHedgie on
    edited November 2007
    Oh, I think the best back and forth was when Charlie laid out the old "the wives did it" theory:

"I can't believe that's your theory."

"Why? Everything fits together."

"I know. That's why I can't believe it's your theory."

AngelHedgie on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I like how he took her usual stance and she got to shoot it down. I wasn't sold on his partner at first but I am warming up to her as a character.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    So....what do you guys think is gonna happen in the next 2-3 episodes?

Too bad for the writer's strike because this is the only new show that I like.

1) I bet he finds out where the missing girl is and we don't see a new episode for months.
    2) His partner finds out about the wall and is tempted to narc on him.
    3) His old partner freaks out and does something stupid.
    4) Somehow his financial guy( I forget his name) was in on the Bank of LA job and has some insight to the key players. Or he was tasked to keep tabs on Charlie from someone higher up the food chain in return for his freedom.

tallgeeze on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So will we ever see the solar farm again? Or is the environment no longer important now that green week is over?

Note: I missed the last episode.

Schrodinger on
    edited November 2007
    Based on the quirks of Charlie it might come up again, but I doubt the network is gonna shove the green down our throats.

Watch the latest episode. Saving a few buck is the least of Charlie's problems right now.

Don't be the only guy to not watch episode, but join the crowd and not not watch the episode.

tallgeeze on
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tallgeeze wrote: »

1) I bet he finds out where the missing girl is and we don't see a new episode for months.
    4) Somehow his financial guy( I forget his name) was in on the Bank of LA job and has some insight to the key players. Or he was tasked to keep tabs on Charlie from someone higher up the food chain in return for his freedom.

I doubt number four is going to happen. The guy committed white collar fraud. He didn't partake in armed robbery. Also, I'm ruling out number two. Number three would be too obvious. So here's to number one!

Cliffhanger, then months of no new episodes. Seriously, Hollywood, shut up and get back to work.

dvsherman on
    edited November 2007
    dvsherman wrote: »
    tallgeeze wrote: »

I doubt number four is going to happen. The guy committed white collar fraud. He didn't partake in armed robbery. Also, I'm ruling out number two. Number three would be too obvious. So here's to number one!

Cliffhanger, then months of no new episodes. Seriously, Hollywood, shut up and get back to work.

I know the guy didn't actually rob the bank, but he could have something to do the washing the money. He only got caught for some crimes. There is no telling what other mischief he might be involved in.

And why would you rule out for #2? Since the first ep her superior told her to report any shady action Charlie might be doing. If she sees her mug on the wall that might tempt her to narc on him. They are partners, so I think it's a matter of time before she ends up at his house for whatever reason.

tallgeeze on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah but his partner would actually have to show up at his house for that to happen, so far she seems to avoid Cruise all together when they aren't working.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah but his partner would actually have to show up at his house for that to happen, so far she seems to avoid Cruise all together when they aren't working.

Exactly. And even if she ends up visiting him at his house, why would she end up in his bedroom, much less the walk-in closet? That would only happen if she turned out to be involved, and they made her into an antagonist. So far, she's stuck up for her partner and refused to narc on him to her superiors. Unless her father is somehow involved (as was hinted) and she does something to defend him.

dvsherman on
    edited November 2007
    When it came out that her father was involved and the russian was talking about his current partner not his old one. I started to wonder if she is working against him. Perhaps she sticks up for him so she can better set him up for daddy?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    Yeah that part was uncharacteristically stupid.

In that same episode, Winters poured some coke on a keyboard and the monitors started flickering.

RocketScience on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I will admit that this is the show I look forward to most every week. Not Heroes, not The Office or Earl, but Life.

Zenitram on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wasn't the ex-banker on the wall? Something about 401k in his wife's account?

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just watched a couple episodes for the first time and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it. Having some ridiculously attractive female leads doesn't hurt things either.

Hope it does good/better enough in the ratings to be able to keep going.

edit: I also like how they seem to keep using Band of Brothers and Deadwood actors.

Clevinger on
    edited November 2007

Well, he ended up at her house in the AA rapist episode, so who knows how she may end up there. With all the enemies Crews is most likely going to make in next few episodes he may end up missing or something. I'm guessing once Crews and daddy Reese get into it, she is gonna have to take a side and investigate what is really going on.

tallgeeze on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Another great episode tonight, but why would they be showing two all-new episodes next week?

I know it just recently got picked up for an entire season but with the writers strike happening why wouldn't they try to conserve the episodes that they have?

I haven't heard anything about how the show is doing in the ratings but since one of the new episodes next week is on Monday right after Heroes it seems like they might be trying to make a grab for new viewers.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Clevinger wrote: »
    Just watched a couple episodes for the first time and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it. Having some ridiculously attractive female leads doesn't hurt things either.

Hope it does good/better enough in the ratings to be able to keep going.

edit: I also like how they seem to keep using Band of Brothers and Deadwood actors.

Was there another BoB guy aside from Sgt. Randleman?

Adrenaline on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MOAR MRS REYNOLDS!

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.