As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Australia Thread. ytrap tsinummoc eht nioj

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    @chrishallett83 You guys going to be doing some baking again this year? (please yes)

Disclaimer: I was incredibly drunk so it might not have been you guys (I'm like 99% sure)...

2nd Disclaimer: The last time I threw up was PAX last year.

It was my sister, I asked her to provide me with some tasties to distribute, and she delivered.

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    @chrishallett83 You guys going to be doing some baking again this year? (please yes)

Disclaimer: I was incredibly drunk so it might not have been you guys (I'm like 99% sure)...

It was my sister, I asked her to provide me with some tasties to distribute, and she delivered.

She makes noms huh? Would she consider making noms for the cookie brigade at PAX?

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »

She makes noms huh? Would she consider making noms for the cookie brigade at PAX?

I don't know what that is. I just wanted some yummies to give out to people I know from here.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The cookie brigade are the people who wander around PAX handing out biscuits and taking donations for Child's Play.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The cookie brigade are the people who wander around PAX handing out biscuits and taking donations for Child's Play.

They sound like very nice people. Probably not a thing she would be interested in though, she doesn't care about Penny Arcade or PAX in the slightest. I tried to get her to join in at the Artist's Corner because she's very artistic, but she's not really much of an online person at all. Maybe checks her facebook once a week or so? She spends most of her spare time carriage driving, much of it for a charity group very similar to the RDA.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh yeah PAX! We still need to book our flights and room...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options

They sound like very nice people. Probably not a thing she would be interested in though, she doesn't care about Penny Arcade or PAX in the slightest. I tried to get her to join in at the Artist's Corner because she's very artistic, but she's not really much of an online person at all. Maybe checks her facebook once a week or so? She spends most of her spare time carriage driving, much of it for a charity group very similar to the RDA.

We really need bakers, so if she'd be willing to just bake stuff for us, we'd be ever so very grateful.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I sorted my accommodation out back in March by moving back to Melbourne.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Awko wrote: »
    I sorted my accommodation out back in March by moving back to Melbourne.

It was super effective.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Is PAX Sunday usually a big event? Looks like I'll probably have to fly back out that night.

The main thing (for me, at leasT) is usually the Omegathon final round.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That was the most embarrassing NRL game I've ever had to watch, and I'm a Parramatta supporter.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    No-one at my work made it through the entire game

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular

We really need bakers, so if she'd be willing to just bake stuff for us, we'd be ever so very grateful.

What kind of stuff were you needing baked? I am a cooking person, so if I have the time I might be able to contribute a bit.

• Options

What kind of stuff were you needing baked? I am a cooking person, so if I have the time I might be able to contribute a bit.

Anything a hungry convention goer might like to have really, as long as it doesn't have to be kept cool or hot and can be done up in individual baggies. Chocolate chip cookies are always popular, but at previous PAXes we've had lollies, musk sticks, Anzac biscuits, fudge, cheese straws, gingernuts, shortbread, etc. in addition to US staples like peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, M&M cookies, etc. Geek theme usually goes down super well - we had one really clever baker last year who created minecraft edibles: water, stones, grass, and dirt. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1UUwPGCMAMA6Vq.jpg and of course bacon chocolate chip is immensely popular.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    I remember getting what I thought was just a fat cookie and it turned out to have a whole Oreo inside.

Whoever's idea that was, thank you.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Of all things to make difficult, why declaring income? Is it a vast conspiracy to ensure undesirable people break the rules and become an enemy? My aluminium helmet says yes

• Options
    I remember getting what I thought was just a fat cookie and it turned out to have a whole Oreo inside.

Whoever's idea that was, thank you.

Those started out as Punzie's funsies. A few bakers do them now, I've even done them myself. They're so awesome.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Blatantly reposting a link from an ad I just saw on another site because I would be so up for this if I lived in Sydney.
    Pokemon symphony orchestra.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    yeah?
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    I don't think my videogame agnostic girlfriend would bite for the 6 hour round trip though.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Bought a house today, half a lifetime paying off a loan sounded too good to pass up.

• Options
    Good job!

Being able to put picture hooks in walls or dig up the garden without having to ask permission is easily worth the crushing debt.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Good job!

Being able to put picture hooks in walls or dig up the garden without having to ask permission is easily worth the crushing debt.

Might even completely remove some walls!

• Options
    Good job!

As long as they aren't the ones that hold up the roof...

• Options
    Good job!

As long as they aren't the ones that hold up the roof...

Oh live a little... :P

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean, it's Australia. It's not like it ever rains in your barren Sun-bleached wasteland.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It rained.

On like, tuesday or something.

And for like 10 minutes on thursday.

• Options
    Boom.

Winter.

• Options
    antarctic blast wasn't an exaggeration

it is ice outside

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    So some friends and I tried one of those room-escape places out last night. The one we went to wasn't great - it was pirate themed, but they really half assed the decor and the theming, and the puzzles weren't great - but it turns out there are a bunch in Sydney already. Some of which seem pretty cool. I know the guys from the Enigma Room had a talk at PAX last year, and they really seem to put some heart into it. If any Sydney folks ever want to give one a shot I'm down.

Speaking of, I can't goddamn wait for PAX this year. I just have a regular ticket this year, so no shifts!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i don't know what to do about this idiot in power

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i don't know what to do about this idiot in power

wait

and hope labour doesn't fuck up what should be the easiest election of all time

i mean they fucked it up pretty badly last time, what with all the switcheroos going on, but this time everyone realises just how bad abbott can be

broken image link
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that's a long time to give a deranged chimpanzee free reign in the highest elected office in the land.

• Options
    I'd say the best way for Labor to fuck it up would be by having someone in charge that is mostly indistinguishable from Abbott and who was instrumental in all the party destabilisation in the first place.

But that would just be silly.

• Options
    Fishman wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean, it's Australia. It's not like it ever rains in your barren Sun-bleached wasteland.

Can you tell that to Canberra?

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I don't think the Coalition will go; Labor just isn't giving people enough of a reason to change. Things like the environment, or humane treatment of asylum seekers - these are all just sideline issues to protecting our jerbs and stopping the boats.

• Options
    Greg hunt needs to change his title to Fuck the environment minister and stop bullshiting everybody.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Now I'm picturing Greg Hunt wearing an apron saying 'Fuck the Environment Minister' instead of 'Kiss the Chef'.

Flay on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I am back from the shoot! I think it went well but it's hard to know for sure until I get the scenes we shot that day and start the post production. For all I know there's something wrong with every single recording I made that I couldn't hear during that day and I'll be so embarrassed I have to flee the country. Stim at some point said I could stay on his couch any time, so perhaps Australia is the place to hide out!

anyway, here's a picture of me during the shoot. I had to lie in the tub for this scene to avoid showing up in reflections on mirrors/shiny surfaces
    Yv6PnvI.jpg

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that's a great photo!

also people keep asking me why/whether I'll go back to australia and I sort of mutter 'well, maybe, uh', because for some reason in that instant I always forget we have a horrible government laughing maniacally while it destroys the country.

I should just say "tony abbott".

This discussion has been closed.