As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The Brazilian Ambassador respectfully requests that the US and China please get to the hugging it out part already, as there are pressing matters at hand.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Egypt believes that China and America should just shut up and kiss already

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    It should also be noted that since there is no containment effort in Spain, contagion may easily spread through the simple method of wild animals entering and leaving the borders. It is imperative that Spain be quarantined using extreme measures if necessary until we better understand the situation.

Such things are exactly what our operation will find out.

I would like all military leaders who intend to involve themselves with this operation to inform me such in the thread, and I will create a PM chain accordingly. As noted, Brazil will want to take point here, but we would welcome external expertise and advice.

Russia would like to be involved. Depending on costs of course.

Costs should be completely voluntary. Brazil is dedicated to accomplishing this with or without the assistance of other nations. We consider such assistance to be gracious and helpful, but will not impose costs on nations that do not wish to spend them.

America can contribute a few SF teams that are outfitted with Air Filtration units to the cause. Have whoever is in control of the op contact me and I will follow orders.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    It should also be noted that since there is no containment effort in Spain, contagion may easily spread through the simple method of wild animals entering and leaving the borders. It is imperative that Spain be quarantined using extreme measures if necessary until we better understand the situation.
    Such things are exactly what our operation will find out.

I would like all military leaders who intend to involve themselves with this operation to inform me such in the thread, and I will create a PM chain accordingly. As noted, Brazil will want to take point here, but we would welcome external expertise and advice.
    China is ready and able to assist.

Thank you both, gentlemen. I note that despite your nation's recent differences, you have both dropped any diplomatic issues and stepped forward to help carry the burden on this. Please be assured that we are extremely grateful for your prompt and frank support.

Solar on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Which is why we just offered them humanitarian aid.
    Perhaps lead with that next time instead of:

"No need to ally with Russia or do deals with them literally the same turn we sanctioned them."

Because that is the very definition of speaking poorly and inciting conflict. I wouldn't have said a thing if you had led with the offer of humanitarian aid.

jdarksun on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Russia is in the process of being provided with a diplomatic line to SADPACT. Would Germany like one, as well? It's as simple as sending me a message.

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    You know, the disease in Stand Still, Stay Silent started with a rash, escalated into a coma, and then turned its victims into hideous undead monstrosities. So I'm just saying the expedition might want to be careful.

Actually, for that matter it also made them sensitive to light. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    No, seriously at this point fuck China.

They're doing the equivalent of standing outside a bar goading people into fights and acting surprised when they take the bait. If it reflects poorly on me for taking the bait please notice I've not responded this way to any other nation, this is not some war mongering America fishing for a casus belli as China seems want to paint us whenever they open their mouths. This is a frustrated America fed up of a country that speaks of peace and diplomatic answers with in the UN but clearly has no interest in taking their own advice.

They've still said dick all about the secretive talks they were in with Russia and none of the third parties they insisted were present at the talks have verified that they were even there let alone what the talks were about.

In the mean time they spend their turns casually sliding down the Defcon scale in spite of no country threatening them directly and insisting it's for defensive purposes in spite of possessing both one of the worlds largest militaries and the funding to mobilise it to eliminate any threat. Like I said earlier, enough SF to just dunk small countries if their forces are even comparable to what we've got.

So yeah, speaking plainly fuck China until they actually bring something to the table other than condemnation of words and hypocritical actions.

"No need to ally with Russia or do deals with them literally the same turn we sanctioned them."

Because that is the very definition of speaking poorly and inciting conflict. I wouldn't have said a thing if you had led with the offer of humanitarian aid.

I'm sorry we expect people to actually lend some weight to sanctions around here in the UN China. Absolutely terrible of us.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    Actually, for that matter it also made them sensitive to light. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

Time to ally with Iceland!

IKknkhU.gif
    Iceland wins, games over guys, we can go home.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Time to ally with Iceland!

Is this a bad time to mention that South Africa has been buying every cat available?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    We have just recovered from a serious conflict with Russia. We please ask that China and America cease this fruitless bickering.

China has been very helpful to SADPACT member nations and is offering to help in the upcoming Spanish operation. This might have something to do with the fact that we are not openly raging against them in front of the entire globe when there are better things to do than measure our respective genitalia.

Nah, I'm done, either China can actually talk about their behaviour or they can spend another post tone policing and deflecting the questions.

I just hope the UN are capable of making their own minds up about that answer.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    President Albino Bunny, it is important to remember one thing about china's repeated dismissal of US actions.

China Don't Care

I am mostly meaning dismissive rhetoric should be expected, and until something substantive beyond words happens, we remain committed to working together.
    With that in mind, I expect each nation to collaborate to save humanity from this horrible disease.
    We Must!

VayBJ4e.png
    I have no idea if the length it takes Gumpy to update the day is indicative of us doing well or doing badly.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is such a mess

President Albino Bunny, it is important to remember one thing about china's repeated dismissal of US actions.

China Don't Care

I am mostly meaning dismissive rhetoric should be expected, and until something substantive beyond words happens, we remain committed to working together.
    With that in mind, I expect each nation to collaborate to save humanity from this horrible disease.
    We Must!

Honestly at this point I'm considering resigning.

Between my autism and social anxiety dealing with China's dismissive put downs is causing far more stress than any game should be causing me.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Woah woah woah

I don't think you should take anything said personally at all (that is, please don't feel anxious or bad about stuff!)

We are all playing roles, everyone here is friends with everyone else, we are all here to have fun

If you feel stressed, let another US rep take the weight, and step away for a while!

Hey, you know how I begged and pleaded not to sanction us because it would reduce our chances of stopping the virus from spreading? I just got some reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBgeCZW3upg

Yeah, and I genuinely think that's the issue. I'm probably too much of a wreck emotionally to play a game about countries being all double faced and assholish too eachother. I don't even take it personally so much as I just find it frustrating that I feel like I'm not getting it properly or playing well.

Sorry to disappoint but I do think I'm gonna have to step down. Virgil will probably do a much better job in my place and not just devolve the thread into America gets annoyed at China every single night.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Welcome to earth, am I right

Langly on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Hey, you know how I begged and pleaded not to sanction us because it would reduce our chances of stopping the virus from spreading? I just got some reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBgeCZW3upg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg2hUodOqrs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I think you are doing well, and I didn't mean to undermine you. China Don't Care is a Giant Bomb joke, I was trying into work into a post.
    There has been a repeated tone of unnecessary aggression toward the US, for what I think is Roleplaying purposes, long before we said or did anything, and it is similarly frustrating.

If anyone should resign it should be me, for doing anything that might undermine you.
    I do think all players should reconsider what we want the tone of this game to be.
    Do we want so many players feeling like they should resign over negativity.

Let us work together.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    No, seriously at this point fuck China.
    :?
    They're doing the equivalent of standing outside a bar goading people into fights and acting surprised when they take the bait. If it reflects poorly on me for taking the bait please notice I've not responded this way to any other nation, this is not some war mongering America fishing for a casus belli as China seems want to paint us whenever they open their mouths. This is a frustrated America fed up of a country that speaks of peace and diplomatic answers with in the UN but clearly has no interest in taking their own advice.
    OK, time out. Please list any time we took any aggressive military action or did not abide by UN diplomatic decisions.
    They've still said dick all about the secretive talks they were in with Russia and none of the third parties they insisted were present at the talks have verified that they were even there let alone what the talks were about.
    We were contacted about a possible regime change. Went lent aid to this effort.

You're welcome.
    In the mean time they spend their turns casually sliding down the Defcon scale in spite of no country threatening them directly and insisting it's for defensive purposes in spite of possessing both one of the worlds largest militaries and the funding to mobilise it to eliminate any threat. Like I said earlier, enough SF to just dunk small countries if their forces are even comparable to what we've got.
    We have neither NATO participation nor SADPACT membership. We are literally alone in the world, something that makes me exceedingly nervous. Yes, the DEFCON 3 raise was to protect ourselves - in case Russia decided we would be next. We've subsequently stood down, just as we said we would.
    So yeah, speaking plainly fuck China until they actually bring something to the table other than condemnation of words and hypocritical actions.
    We enjoy several diplomatic and research treaties, thank you. The participants know our worth.

I'm sorry we expect people to actually lend some weight to sanctions around here in the UN China. Absolutely terrible of us.
    Please don't apologize if you don't mean it, it will make me feel like your real apologies are less sincere. We don't need to beat Russia into submission, we need to make sure they don't do it again.

I am concerned that destabilizing Russia will in turn destabilize us. I understand that you want to draw a hard line in the sand against aggression, but I believe you effect more than just Russia with your actions.\

Though I disagree that my previous statements have been inciting, I've tried to make this response less incendiary to foster better understanding between us.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    As one of the primary advocates for the Russian sanctions, we believe their assistance in the Spanish expedition is a strong show of good faith and a major factor towards getting the sanctions lifted as soon as possible.

PNk1Ml4.png
    SADPACT would like China to know that although they are not official SADPACT members per se, our member nations strongly value any collaborations they are willing to undertake with us. The fact that we are comprised of smaller countries than China should not be taken to mean that we do not want to have a strong relationship with China or discuss actions we are undertaking as a group with the Chinese people.

Please understand.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I don't want to jump the gun here, Brazil, but early reports from our allies in Peru are not encouraging and we are probably gonna need some help here at home, though we have no objection to your proposed visit to Spain.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    I don't want to jump the gun here, Brazil, but early reports from our allies in Peru are not encouraging and we are probably gonna need some help here at home, though we have no objection to your proposed visit to Spain.

I have a feeling that a lot of countries are gonna be seeing outbreaks near their doorstep.

IKknkhU.gif
    I am sure that we will be able to do something about that. The spread of the virus in South America has been highly concerning.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    This suspense is killing me!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This suspense is killing me!

I didn't know you lived in Spain.

Gumpy is currently pinching the bridge of his nose, wondering how to break the news.

This update is gonna be posted right when I have to leave for work, isn't it?

And then I'm gonna be in suspense for four hours.

IKknkhU.gif
    The update is 10 minutes late! This must mean we're all doomed!

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Day 5 – Gone dark
    Day 5 Ends Sunday
    Day 5 Map

MoH3Syg.png

10th of August - 2015
    Outbreaks are reported in Peru, North Brazil, Mali, Turkey, Iraq, Kazakhstan, West China and The Netherlands. The pandemic has officially gone global – Populations around the globe are starting to get worried.

There are no battles this week.

Spain. Spain has gone silent. A paper circles about the WHO – Reportedly one of the last things heard out of Spain.
    3rd of August 2015 - Research update
    This virus has a fourth stage. While the host is unconscious, deep in a coma, the virus sets to work modifying the hosts body structure. Numerous cancerous growths begin to blossom and grow throughout the body, consuming existing muscle and tissue and warping it into a fleshy mass. This process is internal at this stage. There is no outward indication of the havoc the disease is wreaking on the internal organs until the internal structure of the infected organism is almost beyond recognition.
    Only when this stage is reached does the fourth stage show signs on the outside. The rashes that cover the body become outside growths, twisted hunks of flesh and skin and bone. The disease proceeds extremely rapidly from this point, altering the previously ravaged mid and hind-brain. 
    Within hours of outside indication of the mutation, the host organism wakes from its coma. But not really. The forebrain, the structure that provides language, reasoning, and conscious thought, is still dormant.
    Only the more primitive structures of the brain, the parts that monitor balance and motion are active.
    The result is a… well. It can really only be described as a monster. A disgusting mass of jumbled up body parts that lurches around, still hugely contagious. 
    Although this “fourth stage” has only been observed in humans, it is quite possible that all mammalian life undergoes a similar process.

Newly Infected Countries:
    Peru, North Brazil, Mali, Turkey, Iraq, Kazakstan, The Netherlands

DEFCON ALERT
    Germany has reduced down from DEFCON 3
    China has reduced down from DEFCON 3
    Nigeria has reduced down from DEFCON 3
    Week 5 Thread Activity - Diplomats
    UN Summit
    Rules update – Can all resolutions submitted from here on out be in your countries orders post in this format

Resolution 1- Political

Topic: Russian Amnesty
    Sponsors: Egypt, Brazil, UK

Summary: Egypt believes that this should be a standing resolution each UN session, to allow the international community to determine whether the time has come to lift the sanctions placed on Russia and restore their ability to vote on future resolutions
    If successfully resolved: Russian economic sanctions lift
    If resolution fails: Nothing happens

Resolution 2 - Funding

Topic: South American/African Aid
    Sponsors: Brazil, Egypt

Summary: The African and South American continents are on the whole far more impoverished than the rest of the world. Brazil has currently found positive signs of viral infection, and Egypt is surrounded by infected nations in Southern Europe and northern Africa. We humbly request for the world to contribute to an aid fund for our two nations, with contributions weighted according to each nation's wealth. These funds will be used to combat the infection and keep it from spreading any further into our respective continents.

If successfully resolved: Egypt and Brazil will receive a lump sum each
    If resolution fails: Nothing happens

Only Diplomats may vote in this referendum
    !Vote in Blue to accept the resolution
    !Vote in Red to reject both resolution

A lot has changed in the last day and I am unsure if any pre-existing summit submissions stand - I will accept the first two proposals sent to me in this format to put up today and ask any new ones be posted in the nations orders thread so I can confirm nations intentions correctly

Albino Bunny has stepped down

Can we all welcome Dongs Galore, President of the USA and leader of the free world.

Gumpy on
    I regret using the Will Smith video earlier, because now would be the moment to use it. It really is the disease from Stand Still, Stay Silent!

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Oh hey guys I just got back from my celebration how are thing go-

Oh

Oh

Hm

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    okay, I pretty much expected this

nope, the zombies aren't a huge surprise

they won't be much of a problem

I'm not freaking out, no, not at all

(oh god oh god oh god)

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, shit.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

This discussion has been closed.