As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need Ideas: How to spend Amazon gift card

GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My boss decided to get me a $50 gift card for my birthday, but I have no clue what to spend it on. I was thinking maybe a DS game or a bluetooth headset, but I have no idea. Just send in any ideas you have to help me get my brain rolling.

PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
Gihgehls on

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Look for something that you have that needs replacing that you would find on Amazon.

That or buy a TV show's DVD set.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Harmony 880 universal remote

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Arikado wrote: »
    Look for something that you have that is needs replacing that you would find on Amazon.

I agree with the second part, I say go for a season (or two if you can wing cheap ones) of a TV show you already like or want to try! That'll give you a ton of entertainment.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I recently got $50 in gift cards to Amazon as well. I wanted to get some books but I could only find one I wanted, so I just stocked up on a bunch of wetshaving supplies. It's not very exciting, but it's useful.

JAEF on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cruix wrote: »
    Look for something that you have that is needs replacing that you would find on Amazon.

I agree with the second part, I say go for a season (or two if you can wing cheap ones) of a TV show you already like or want to try! That'll give you a ton of entertainment.

I've never seen Firefly...

Hmmm...

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Personally I'd get Planet Earth (BBC) on DVD. Ohhh.

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Personally I'd get Planet Earth (BBC) on BrD or HDDVD. Ohhh.

Fix'd.

Also Firefly/Serenity are acceptable choices.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP on
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »

I've never seen Firefly...

Hmmm...

You get out of this thread right now and go buy Firefly! It'll be the best way to possibly use your money.

In fact, along with Firefly, go ahead and buy the collector's edition of Serenity, since right now Universal is taking a close look at sales of the DVD to see about making a sequel. You will thank me later.

Cruix on
    housesig2.gif