Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Super Smash Bros Brawl: The closer you are to Peach, the deeper you sleep.

1495052545561

Posts

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What kind of crappy Skarmory uses Toxic?

    What it should be doing is scattering spikes all over the ground and then pushing characters towards them with the force of its roar.

    ...Shit, that Pokemon Super Smash Bros. is really sounding good!

    speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    More like Spikes and Whirlwind.

  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    That's from 10-10-07. We've been talking about that shit for months.

    EDIT: And the poke flying around wrecking shit is Skarmory.
    If that's Skarmory, shouldn't he just be sitting there using Toxic over and over?

    Yeah, and then using Spikes and whirlwind and then roost to heal itself because its fucking annoying



    Either way, if that is skarmory that is waaaay too fast, they should have taken the opportunity to include Swellow or some equally baller fast flying type

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    It seems rather contrived and yes I doubt Jake is coming back, I'm just saying it might not even be the same world


    but you know, whatever

    saying they wouldnt use andy because of the new game is rather silly when they have an assist trophy sporting the traditional sprites of Advance Wars, and not this shitty shit thats shitting shitty shit shit

    red-infantry.png

    the fact is they wouldn't use andy as a fighter anyway, its totally unrelated to the new game

    It's pretty much on the level of people ruling out other character because of color schemes, m i rite?

    No seriously, saying an Advance Wars character won't be playable because of a future game is pretty ignorant.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    That's from 10-10-07. We've been talking about that shit for months.

    EDIT: And the poke flying around wrecking shit is Skarmory.
    If that's Skarmory, shouldn't he just be sitting there using Toxic over and over?

    The hell kind of skarmory's you playing?

    At any rate, I'm guessing he's using aerial ace. It make sense....ish.

    I do think it would be hilarious if skarmory came out, tossed out spikes, and then started blowing people away.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What kind of crappy Skarmory uses Toxic?

    What it should be doing is scattering spikes all over the ground and then pushing characters towards them with the force of its roar.

    ...Shit, that Pokemon Super Smash Bros. is really sounding good!
    I might not be hip to the new, sexy Pokemon metagame.

    Per3th.jpg
  • AydrAydr Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    That's from 10-10-07. We've been talking about that shit for months.

    EDIT: And the poke flying around wrecking shit is Skarmory.
    If that's Skarmory, shouldn't he just be sitting there using Toxic over and over?

    Yeah, and then using Spikes and whirlwind and then roost to heal itself because its fucking annoying



    Either way, if that is skarmory that is waaaay too fast, they should have taken the opportunity to include Swellow or some equally baller fast flying type

    It's definitely Latios and Latias.

    DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    Faustum wrote: »
    It seems rather contrived and yes I doubt Jake is coming back, I'm just saying it might not even be the same world


    but you know, whatever

    saying they wouldnt use andy because of the new game is rather silly when they have an assist trophy sporting the traditional sprites of Advance Wars, and not this shitty shit thats shitting shitty shit shit

    red-infantry.png

    the fact is they wouldn't use andy as a fighter anyway, its totally unrelated to the new game

    It's pretty much on the level of people ruling out other character because of color schemes, m i rite?

    No seriously, saying an Advance Wars character won't be playable because of a future game is pretty ignorant.

    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    What kind of crappy Skarmory uses Toxic?

    What it should be doing is scattering spikes all over the ground and then pushing characters towards them with the force of its roar.

    ...Shit, that Pokemon Super Smash Bros. is really sounding good!
    I might not be hip to the new, sexy Pokemon metagame.

    Drill Peck
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Spikes


    Learn it, live it, hate the fuck out of it

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jesus Christ. We were all over you.

    Sorry guy.

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    What kind of crappy Skarmory uses Toxic?

    What it should be doing is scattering spikes all over the ground and then pushing characters towards them with the force of its roar.

    ...Shit, that Pokemon Super Smash Bros. is really sounding good!
    I might not be hip to the new, sexy Pokemon metagame.

    Drill Peck
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Spikes


    Learn it, live it, hate the fuck out of it

    More like Stealth Rock.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    Does all the tier talk bother anyone else? I mean we've only seen like a third-half of the cast so far, how can you even begin to try to put them in tiers? Not to mention they've been doing FFA's almost exclusively. I think tiers a legit and a useful thing and all, it's just waaaay to early to even be considering it imo.

    Mostly I'm not bothered by it. One crazy tourny guy even made his own "mock-up" of the tier list based on his and others' experiences at the demo. I'd recommend not taking it seriously by any means, but here it is.

    Upper Middle Tier: Mario, Meta Knight, Peach
    Mid Middle Tier: Bowser, Diddy Kong, Fox, Link, Pikachu, Pit, Samus, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus
    Lower Middle Tier: Donkey Kong, Ike, Yoshi

    Think they may be going too far? ;-) (Also, apparently everything is much more ballanced, which is why they're all in subcategories of Middle.)

    58.png
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    More like Stealth Rock.


    Whatever, either blend is shitty ass and should be banned from existence

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.

    vvvvvv-dithw.png
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.



    That logic is silly when Sonic is in the game





    HOOOOOOOOOOO shit

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did Mario get a boost or something? I usually rock him in all the Mario Kart/Party/Strikers. That's awesome if so.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't have a problem with Advance Wars characters. Except for Andy.

    I hate him so much.

    Per3th.jpg
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Did Mario get a boost or something? I usually rock him in all the Mario Kart/Party/Strikers. That's awesome if so.

    Yes, apparently he combos like a crazy motherfucker now and has been "buffed" in power and still retains his melee-like speed

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • AydrAydr Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Advance Wars characters. Except for Jake.

    I hate him so much.

    You made a little typo there. Fixed it for you.

    DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • NORNOR Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.

    Clearly you're wrong and advance wars characters are awesome, I mean why else would they be keeping them around for future iterations of the game series right?

    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.


    Well, comparatively, if you beat your buddy, who plays Marth, while playing Pichu, I think its pretty relevant (and hilarious!)

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    To be fair, pretty much everyone is an average joe at Brawl at this point. :P

    58.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.
    This is true. It's also why I don't get why people here are so antsy about the things. If you're complaining, they aren't for you.

    Per3th.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Advance Wars characters. Except for Jake.

    I hate him so much.

    You made a little typo there. Fixed it for you. Like a phat beat.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Elendil you better get the plates

    CAUSE YOU JUST GOT SERVED

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • AydrAydr Registered User
    edited October 2007
    NOR wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.

    Clearly you're wrong and advance wars characters are awesome, I mean why else would they be keeping them around for future iterations of the game series right?

    Well, series tend to like keeping their original characters around, regardless of how good they are. I mean, they're not gonna just wipe their roster out completely unless it's really, really bad.

    DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    Theyre just breathing a new artistic vision into their game okay

    also there is still no proof it is the same world, if they go the same route and have things named "War Land" while it being dark and serious I am going to laugh my balls off and not in the good way

    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    Spoiler:
  • NORNOR Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    So you hate it because it creates a separation between the average joe and ridiculously good players?

    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    Elendil you better get the plates

    CAUSE YOU JUST GOT SERVED

    Like a phat beat.

    I'm not going to get tired of this.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »
    Did Mario get a boost or something? I usually rock him in all the Mario Kart/Party/Strikers. That's awesome if so.

    Yes, apparently he combos like a crazy motherfucker now and has been "buffed" in power and still retains his melee-like speed

    Fucking awesome. I tried to main him in Melee but my lack of skill and his lack of KO power kind of shat on it. This is good news.

    However, if Mega Man is in the game. I'm all over it.

    OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!

  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    We won't get an Advance Wars character if Sakurai doesn't put one in. Simple as that.

    I really wish people would stop trying to overanalyze everything in some stupid bid to make them seem smart.

    "We won't get this character because there's a future game coming out. Also by reading the image names on the site, their series can't fit because I arranged everything in alphabetical order according to the japanese alphabet. I have this figured out man."

    No. Just no. You don't know shit. We all don't know shit. For all anybody knows, the next update could be Eggplant Man from Wrecking crew, or it could be that giant bee from Mario Galaxies. You don't know.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065 (Trainer name Christopher)
  • AydrAydr Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    Faustum wrote: »
    Elendil you better get the plates

    CAUSE YOU JUST GOT SERVED

    Like a phat beat.

    I'm not going to get tired of this.

    Like a phat beat?

    DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • FishguyFishguy Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    NOR wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.

    Clearly you're wrong and advance wars characters are awesome, I mean why else would they be keeping them around for future iterations of the game series right?

    Well, series tend to like keeping their original characters around, regardless of how good they are. I mean, they're not gonna just wipe their roster out completely unless it's really, really bad.

    I'm pretty sure they are wiping it clean though. Cameo's maybe, but there wouldn't be much point to the whole cataclym reboot thing if they just bring Jake and the rest of the orange star folks back anyway.

  • AydrAydr Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    Aydr wrote: »
    NOR wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    But saying that an Advance Wars character won't be playable because they would have had an icon from their assist trophy if they were is pretty well informed.

    Their assist trophy hasn't been put on the site yet.

    Just saying.

    I think we won't get an Advance Wars character because all the Advance Wars characters are stupid. That's just me, though; who knows.

    Clearly you're wrong and advance wars characters are awesome, I mean why else would they be keeping them around for future iterations of the game series right?

    Well, series tend to like keeping their original characters around, regardless of how good they are. I mean, they're not gonna just wipe their roster out completely unless it's really, really bad.

    I'm pretty sure they are wiping it clean though. Cameo's maybe, but there wouldn't be much point to the whole cataclym reboot thing if they just bring Jake and the rest of the orange star folks back anyway.

    I was joking.

    DeMoN wrote: »
    I DIED IN THE ARMS OF A TOASTER WITH BREASTS
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    NOR wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    So you hate it because it creates a separation between the average joe and ridiculously good players?

    People who are way too good at a fighting game are probably good as any character. At that point, they make their character selection based on this power grid, which may or may not be imaginary.

    The average joe probably doesn't reach such a point. Luck becomes a strong basis for their wins and losses. The tier system doesn't work in a way where anyone who picks the best tier will win. An average joe picking the supposed top tier characters may get his ass beat by another average joe, and on a rematch may win.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    NOR wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    So you hate it because it creates a separation between the average joe and ridiculously good players?

    I think its more that the game really isn't a straight up rock, paper, scissors kind of thing where one character is always going to beat another one. You shouldn't let some hypothetical tier dictate who you play as. Most people do not, they just play with whatever character they like or find themselves good at playing.

  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Faustum wrote: »
    Elendil you better get the plates

    CAUSE YOU JUST GOT SERVED

    Like a phat beat.

    I'm not going to get tired of this.

    Like a phat beat?

    You're doing it wrong!

    But yes.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • NORNOR Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    NOR wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    The tier stuff bothers me. Mostly because the only people who give a shit are the people who are ridiculously good at the game. The average joe, that shit doesn't even apply.

    So you hate it because it creates a separation between the average joe and ridiculously good players?

    People who are way too good at a fighting game are probably good as any character. At that point, they make their character selection based on this power grid, which may or may not be imaginary.

    The average joe probably doesn't reach such a point. Luck becomes a strong basis for their wins and losses. The tier system doesn't work in a way where anyone who picks the best tier will win. An average joe picking the supposed top tier characters may get his ass beat by another average joe, and on a rematch may win.

    And? Is the problem the fact that the good players know this is how tier systems work and the average joes really don't understand in most cases and mistake what this all means the problem?

    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
Sign In or Register to comment.