As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long Droning [chat]s

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Maleficent got a sword through the heart, Evil Queen died in a rockslide she was trying to cause, Cruella DeVille drove off the road - only Jafar survived his movie but I think he was killed in the Aladdin sequel somehow.

If Maleficent has a daughter, who fucked Maleficent?

Whoever she wanted.

Maleficent.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i'm not sure how i feel about the twitter thing

what has twitter done now?

magic

this seems like something they should have carved out in their ToS...

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    what should i netflix y'all

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Yeah, what the fuck are Valve working on?

I mean, lolHalf-Life3 and all, but... seriously, bros. Strong start, dogshit long game.

gabe has said they arent making hl3 atm because not enough people at valve could work out a vision for the game that was sufficiently good to get them to make it

That sounds like horseshit.

Ok...

I just work at a call center (helpdesk, whatever).

But, in my professional history, I've been fired a few times. For being late, for not getting shit done, y'know, dumb kid stuff.

I have an issue with... like, I kinda feel the same way about AstroBase GO! not being able to write their fucking cartoon for two years, I feel like maybe this is their job, right?

Sure, you guys are making fucktons of dollars distributing other people's awesome shit. But, really, shouldn't you guys be making games?

Isn't there a a person who, some mornings, walks into their job at Valve Software and says, "Hey, everybody, we gonna makes some fuckin vidyagame today!!?" Just, like... kinda disappointed that they landed a gig at a really cool company known for making a few of the best-loved games ever, and there's no game-making? Just... hats...

I mean, what's this "no vision" shit? Hire a creative person! Ya know! Like you're supposed to be, Newell!

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    cs go is hidden path mainly

tf2 is a zillion years old and its not like theyre making anything for it

dota2... lol

valve was a company that released a shitload of gud games

even when they were making l3d and shit people had boners

now its just like hay gusy

Hidden Path has not worked on csgo since it was launched

Tf2 is actually getting major updates now apparently

Dota has obviously been pretty massive

But yeah they deffo hasn't made much new shit in forever, just maintining existing communities and games

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I have no idea about the financing structure that Valve maintains and whether or not they have to keep GAAP financials for creditors but holy hell their revenue recognition policy must be several god damn pages long. God, that'd be such a shitshow to audit.

Being private means they do all sorts of funky things too I think.
    I mean there all sorts of ways they can measure their revenues internally but they can't get too shitshowy with that otherwise it's like, WHAT IS REAL

tyrannus on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Chef's Table or Anthony Bourdain Destination Unknown.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I mean, lolHalf-Life3 and all, but... seriously, bros. Strong start, dogshit long game.

gabe has said they arent making hl3 atm because not enough people at valve could work out a vision for the game that was sufficiently good to get them to make it

Ok...

But, in my professional history, I've been fired a few times. For being late, for not getting shit done, y'know, dumb kid stuff.

I have an issue with... like, I kinda feel the same way about AstroBase GO! not being able to write their fucking cartoon for two years, I feel like maybe this is their job, right?

Sure, you guys are making fucktons of dollars distributing other people's awesome shit. But, really, shouldn't you guys be making games?

Isn't there a a person who, some mornings, walks into their job at Valve Software and says, "Hey, everybody, we gonna makes some fuckin vidyagame today!!?" Just, like... kinda disappointed that they landed a gig at a really cool company known for making a few of the best-loved games ever, and there's no game-making? Just... hats...

I mean, what's this "no vision" shit? Hire a creative person! Ya know! Like you're supposed to be, Newell!

Thats why its horseshit, because of their "flat" compant structure no one wants to be the guy that starts a HL3 team and fucks it up.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

Did ye finish Bojack?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i had bedbugs once

had to throw out so much shit and move to a new apartment

so yeah on the one hand no mosquitos on the other hand literal satan

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Chef's Table or Anthony Bourdain Destination Unknown.

i've watched everything anthony bourdain

he's one of the best writers on the planet.

i'll try chef's table.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Did ye finish Bojack?

i did. well only season 2 because season 1 was terrible.

mr. peanutbutter

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Bad News: Getting transferred out of advanced stream into straight BSc.

Good News: That doesn't matter for my courses this semester and if I do well enough I can transfer back before 1st semester next year when it will matter.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Pearson's website explicitly says that they will mail your password in plaintext. THIS IS A TEXTBOOK COMPANY

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Dota 2 is getting a huge update in a new engine, TF2 just got a significant update, someone needs to approve the community submitted hats. There are at least 5 people doing work at Valve.

TF2 is really aggravating because the people curating TF2 plainly seem to not actually play the game

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Ok...

Thats why its horseshit, because of their "flat" compant structure no one wants to be the guy that starts a HL3 team and fucks it up.

i'm glad that AstroBase Go! takes two years to make a season because every season is fucking magical.

you know what Half-Life 3 will be?

Great.

You know why?

Because it didn't get halfassed and rushed out just to please the shitty shitty crying crowd.

Do you not remember how Half-Life 2 blew your mind to pieces? Half-Life 3 will most likely do the same. When it's ready.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Ok...

Y'know what?

*tears shirt open* I'll fuckin do it! I'll be the guy! I'll fuck it up for everybody!

Fuck it! We'll do it live!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Person of Interest

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Pearson's website explicitly says that they will mail your password in plaintext. THIS IS A TEXTBOOK COMPANY

Well, it's not best practice, but at least it's A practice, right?

• Options
    edited July 2015

Ok...

i'm glad that AstroBase Go! takes two years to make a season because every season is fucking magical.

Great.

You know why?

Because it didn't get halfassed and rushed out just to please the shitty shitty crying crowd.

Do you not remember how Half-Life 2 blew your mind to pieces? Half-Life 3 will most likely do the same. When it's ready.
    Half-Life 3 is literally never coming out. It's not a joke. The time is past, it's not going to happen anymore.

Coinage on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I have forgotten my password from places like that and used the recover password link and ended up learning that I'd predicted the place had these practices, because the password that was mailed back was "securitysucks"

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

Ok...

Great.

You know why?

Half-Life 3 is literally never coming out. It's not a joke. It's not going to happen anymore.

i think it could potentially be a vr game eventually

they want it to be a paradigm shift etc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Dota 2 is getting a huge update in a new engine, TF2 just got a significant update, someone needs to approve the community submitted hats. There are at least 5 people doing work at Valve.

TF2 is really aggravating because the people curating TF2 plainly seem to not actually play the game
    I stopped playing TF2 a while ago, but yeah they seem to not know what they're doing with balance updates, and I'm not really a fan of the PvE modes. Remember that time when the Enforcer was blatantly broken for over a year?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Do you not remember how Half-Life 2 blew your mind to pieces?

I am starting to forget because it's been ten years!

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    HL3 will be released the moment Donald Trump is elected and he steps over Hillary Clintons shattered husk to deliver his victory speech. GabeN will step onto the stage, Trump will fall into a reverent silence and The Announcement will be made.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    The annoying thing is that HL2 was never finished though, I'd be fine waiting for a sequel forever.

I'm waiting for an ending, is the problem.

• Options
    Honestly, HL2 wasn't even that good. I mean I guess it's because I played it way after it was released, but fuck yo physics "puzzles" and mandatory shitty vehicle sections.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I liked the vehicle sections. I didn't find them annoying at all. I actually remember them. I totally forgot about the whole "don't step on the sand" shit though.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    I'm not even sure how much I enjoyed Half-Life the first.

I know the ending was strange.

• Options

stow it away with your childhood

rediscover that shit with nostalgia glasses when you annoyingly have to install a CD-ROM drive into a modern PC after finding a copy of it at a Goodwill.

you're welcome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Plus, it is basically a polemic about the evils of Citrix

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    The annoying thing is that HL2 was never finished though, I'd be fine waiting for a sequel forever.

I'm waiting for an ending, is the problem.
    I want Opposing Force 2.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    And killing zombies is the worst gameplay in all genres for all time.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I'm not even sure how much I enjoyed Half-Life the first.

I know the ending was strange.

The ending was super rushed, iirc

I am sure one could say they fixed that problem in the sequel but

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I stopped playing TF2 a while ago, but yeah they seem to not know what they're doing with balance updates, and I'm not really a fan of the PvE modes. Remember that time when the Enforcer was blatantly broken for over a year?

Like 2+ years ago steam was talking up competitive matchmaking and using that for analytics, &c &c

At the last update they were still like, announcing that as a plan they had to do someday

They just plainly seem to be uninterested in devoting any more resources to TF2

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    And killing zombies is the worst gameplay in all genres for all time.

This is not true, that arcade-to-Wii game, House of the Dead?

That game was rad it was literally the only game I could play with my mom

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    hl2 was good for 2003 or whatever

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    hl2 was good for 2003 or whatever

I don't play enough shooters to really know how they've advanced so I assume it is still the pinnacle of the genre

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

stow it away with your childhood

rediscover that shit with nostalgia glasses when you annoyingly have to install a CD-ROM drive into a modern PC after finding a copy of it at a Goodwill.

you're welcome.

I still have my CD-ROM copy I bought on launch day, tyvm.

This discussion has been closed.