As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] thread: Abandon all game completion, ye who backlog here.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Wait, is it Shade's birthday again?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Also, Bullet Storm is a very pretty game
    ?.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wait, is it Shade's birthday again?

Did it ever stop being Shade's birthday?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The landscapes are great. The characters, less so.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I just watched Ant-Man. I need a game where you can shrink and do crazy damage.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqZRWlrSrg

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I will second this; one of my favorite parts of the Katamari games is the feeling of starting crazy small and then scaling up. Would love to see a game that used that in both directions.

Combat might get really weird if the options include "So I shrink myself, and I shrink this bowling ball, and I put the shrunken bowling ball in the guy's ear and jump off his shoulder and watch"

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    ITS STILL NOT MY BIRTHDAY!

@Kalnaur ...

ty3lk9csym8y.jpg

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I set this to invite only by accident, not locked to the G&T group. Fixed! I figured 30 was a good place to end and I turn 30 this year, IT WAS A SIGN!

signature.png

CHECK IT OUT FREE GAME Ooooooooooooooooh!

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Ant-Man was super fun and in Marvel Heroes he's a fun character to play.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

I have enough shards to buy him but I heard they are finally adding Blade soon, who I've always wanted in there, so I'm torn between waiting or not. Of course, by the time Blade is out I might have earned enough shards again to buy him...

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Woke up to @Isorn mentioning somethings about the upcoming numbers, and throwing ANOTHER key at me. At least I think it was him.. couldn't REALLY tell..

Thanks so much for Incognito. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    vamen wrote: »

I have enough shards to buy him but I heard they are finally adding Blade soon, who I've always wanted in there, so I'm torn between waiting or not. Of course, by the time Blade is out I might have earned enough shards again to buy him...

If they use Blade quotes from the movies I'm going have a hard time resisting the urge to reinstall.

Spoilered for naughty words. Stay work safe!

Drake on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The other day I discovered the function to hide a game in my library without having to put it in a collapsible category. So I went on a cleaning spree and uninstalled/hid every game I know I will never play. The final listing is bigger than I thought, but small enough that I'm no longer scanning my Library and not seeing the good stuff buried amongst the dreck.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hydrophobia isn't bad at all. Well, except for having one of the most rage-inducingly bullshit end fights ever (topped, in my experience, only by Bound by Flame).

You finished Bound by Flame? The dialog was so bad, I couldn't complete it.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

If they use Blade quotes from the movies I'm going have a hard time resisting the urge to reinstall.

Spoilered for naughty words. Stay work safe!

Oh yes, please use the movie quotes. That first one is my favorite part of Blade 1.
    I also saw rumor of Snipes returning to the role of Blade. Just a rumor as far as I know but I was SUPER excited.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Wf66ohh.png

Goddamnit @Isorn you dutch monster.

Thank you again. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Wf66ohh.png

Goddamnit @Isorn you dutch monster.

Thank you again. <3

That video for that game made me want a new Blaster Master.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hydrophobia isn't bad at all. Well, except for having one of the most rage-inducingly bullshit end fights ever (topped, in my experience, only by Bound by Flame).

Twice. It's a great game, lots of fun. The dialog is campy and cheesy but that's part of its charm.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    To those curious about Victor Vran:

It's fun so far. It feels very much designed around a gamepad though, so I would recommend using one. I'm actually surprised it is debuting on PC only, as it feels fairly console oriented. It reminds me of a lot of old console isometric aRPGs that don't really get made anymore where they are a bit more action oriented than PC entries. There's even a jump button, in addition to a dodge roll button.

You don't really learn skills, pretty much all of it is equipment. That's not to say you don't earn anything by levelling up, you will earn things like a second weapon to equip, 2nd consumable, etc. Weapons types have a basic attack and two specials. Weapons tend to have unique attributes, buffs, debuffs, associated with them that work with the abilities working together. For instance, the basic sword. Every third basic attack in the combo inflicts a Vulnerable Debuff. If you use the sword's first special ability while the enemy has that debuff up, it does more damage and does not go on cooldown. If you use the second one, which is an stun, on the Vulnerable enemy, it will instead stun a great many enemies around it as well. So it becomes a bit of a dance of maintaining the best combo use of your abilities. Added into this are a special move meter and, potion buffs, bombs you can throw. You quickly gain a second weapon you can switch to with a button press, and your cooldown timers are separate so you can bounce around between weapons while your specials are cooldown.

The special moves are equipment too and are powerful and vary. You start with a meteor swarm but I currently have a shield and a boomerang type. You passive abilities are equipment too, so you can equip say, something that causes an explosion when you crit, or basic buffs. The game has 3 classes, one balanced, one "mage" (which is balanced around using special moves more) and a tank type.

There's a story but it's largely told via voice over as you explore the levels and only an occasional interaction with other NPCs. It's pretty basic.

It does seem a bit easy so far. Thinking of starting over on hard mode even though the game warns away from it.

All in all seems pretty good so far.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    King's Quest comes out tomorrow, to what I feel like is zero fanfare. I had no idea it was coming out tomorrow. The previews were pretty glowing, but someone dropped the marketing ball.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spy Chameleon is a weekly deal. $2.50 a really fun top down puzzler with unique gamplay mechanics.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297490/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_10

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    King's Quest comes out tomorrow, to what I feel like is zero fanfare. I had no idea it was coming out tomorrow. The previews were pretty glowing, but someone dropped the marketing ball.
    I hadn't noticed it was episodic until just now either.

• Options
    Vegan wrote: »

Seems that way with most Sierra titles since Activision brought the label back. They just kind of plop them out, though this is at least getting more press than most of their other titles.

40 bucks for an episodic game is going to leave me wary though. Will wait for word of mouth and a few episodes probably.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    *out of breath*

I just got here. I heard people were debating whether or not Bulletstorm was in fact awesome or not?

It's awesome. The story is like, fine, but I wouldn't get too invested considering a sequel is unlikely.

That interview Tycho did with the guy is great and all, but I wonder when it was done? Cause PCF owns the IP again, and like...maybe things have changed in the past few weeks?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The guy he is talking too isn't at PCF anymore. He and a few others founded the Astronauts.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Probably hard to justify a marketing budget on a 30ish year old game even if it does have a visual touch up. They may have been hoping for a large word of mouth buzz.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Twice. It's a great game, lots of fun. The dialog is campy and cheesy but that's part of its charm.

I'm not sure we played the same game! I thought the respawning monsters were mega annoying and animations to climb / drop killed me. The maps were tiny and the dialog so ridiculous...
    when I got to the part with the king, in the city on the other side of the ice pathways, I just laughed at the whole cutscene and then stopped.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Probably hard to justify a marketing budget on a 30ish year old game even if it does have a visual touch up. They may have been hoping for a large word of mouth buzz.

It's not a remaster though, it's a new KQ game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

It's not a remaster though, it's a new KQ game.

Well...I blame the lack of marketing for that misunderstanding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'm pretty sure this is an entirely new King's Quest, in the Telltale style, and all the old ones updated as well.

• Options
    And the fact that I can say "In the Telltale style" when talking about a Sierra game just goes to show how far they've fallen over the past couple of decades.

• Options

I'm pretty sure this is an entirely new King's Quest, in the Telltale style, and all the old ones updated as well.

Nope. This is in now way, shape, or form a remaster of the first 8 games. It's an all-new episodic thing. At least the store page doesn't mention getting 8 other games (and it'd ruin some of them, VI and VII specifically could only really exist in their original art styles for me).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Between Bulletstorm and Brutal Legend, I'm convinced that EA's marketing department hates unique games or hates the letter B.

• Options
    The financial realities/insanities of game marketing are kinda nuts. IIRC, (part of?) the reason SW Battlefront 3 was canned was cause the marketing costs were deemed too high by LucasArts.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The financial realities/insanities of game marketing are kinda nuts. IIRC, (part of?) the reason SW Battlefront 3 was canned was cause the marketing costs were deemed too high by LucasArts.

This was before Disney and the announcement of the new movie, right?

• Options

This was before Disney and the announcement of the new movie, right?
    Yeah, it was around 2008 I think.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I don't suppose there is a way to flag a game as one you dont want advertised in your sig?

That Fallen enchantress game had some kind of bug where even if i closed the game, steam would think i was still playing it, and so it thinks i played it for like weeks straight, even tho i barely touched it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    The guy he is talking too isn't at PCF anymore. He and a few others founded the Astronauts.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But still, if anyone would know about behind the scene rumblings....

Also it's a peculiarly timed interview, out of the blue like that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.