As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How much will November run you?

• Options
    Sprocket FlossSprocket Floss Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What really sucks is I'm stuck with jury duty the first week of November,so I'll be short a weeks pay, which means I'll be pushing it for just Rock Band and Mass Effect

Whoa. I'm also on Jury Duty at the start of November.

I'll just be getting Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed so my commitments to liberty and justice shouldn't effect me too much.

Also, I do most of my videogame purchasing one generation late so I don't tend to rack up shitloads of game purchases on new systems. I bought an Xbox last week and about a dozen pre-owned and discounted games for couple hundred Australian. Should tide me over until the next generation.

Sprocket Floss on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Super Mario Galaxy (Being reimbursed by my brother)
    Links Crossbow training

So only $70.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Around 400 dollars, but that's probably going to computer parts for the one I'm building. I might throw some money at Mass Effect though.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect
    Assassin's Creed
    Hellgate London
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Trauma Center 2
    Contra DS
    [strike]Call of Duty 4[/strike] Damnit, had to make a sacrifice.

Money... NOOOOOOOO!!!

Serious, did all the developers decide to release in November around a table or something?

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Crysis and mario for sure
    Maybe: trauma center, DQMJ, CoD4.

There are a bunch of 360 games I want, but I can't justify getting one when all of the games that I want will (probably) be coming to PC sooner or later. On that note, is the PC Assassin's creed coming out in nov too?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CheesechickCheesechick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Spoit wrote: »
    Crysis and mario for sure
    Maybe: trauma center, DQMJ, CoD4.

There are a bunch of 360 games I want, but I can't justify getting one when all of the games that I want will (probably) be coming to PC sooner or later. On that note, is the PC Assassin's creed coming out in nov too?

No, it was delayed until next year.
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Serious, did all the developers decide to release in November around a table or something?

This happens basically every November. It's because it's when people do all their holiday shopping.

Cheesechick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    PC
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Call of Duty 4
    Kane and Lynch
    Crysis
    The Witcher

Assassins Creed
    Mass Effect

All in all i'm looking at about $400, but i'm going to spread the games out and ask for one for my birthday (dec. 4), and one for christmas probably. I'm also going on a trip to Scotland after x-mas so that's a lot of money right there.

Urian on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mario Galaxy $50
    REUC $50
    Link's CBT: $20
    Trauma Center 2 $50
    Ligh Signs $35
    Geo Wars Galaxies: $40
    SC Legends maybe $50
    Ghost Squad $50

Is Contra 4 coming out in Nov? When does it come out?

Well, that's $345, but SC Legends is a maybe. Contra 4 is a must-buy, but I don't know if it's a November release.

This doesn't include non-November releases, such as GH3, which is what, $80 (wii)? And Phantom Hourglass, $35, Zack and Wiki $40, BWII $50, Megaman ZX Advent $35, Dementium the ward $35, which are Oct releases, or any December releases.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Less the 100$

Why? well. If I spend more then that I will be eating more ramen then I care to.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to either Call of Duty 4 or Mass Effect, on the 360, and whatever else comes up on metacritic/gamerankings as a surprise "emergency buy"

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I didn't realize all this was coming out.

PS3:
    Uncharted
    Assassin's Creed
    Haze (comes out on the 11/27 iirc)

Wii:
    Mario Galaxies
    Fire Emblem
    Trauma Center: New Blood

DS:
    FFXII: Revenant Wings
    DQM: J

PC:
    Crysis
    Hellgate: London

... Thats about $500 in November alone and I have or will get Ratchet, Folklore, Zack & something, and Disgaea in October.

khain on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Let's see... in no particular order:

Super Mario Galaxy - $50
    Assassin's Creed - $60
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - $50
    Mass Effect - $60
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - $50
    Trauma Center: New Blood - $50
    Wii Zapper w/ Link's Cross Bow Training - $25
    Mario Party DS - $35
    Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - $40 (damn you SE)
    Silent Hill Origins - $40

So... $460. And these are only the ones that I know I'm getting. I'll most likely spend more on spur of the moment purchases.

Not to mention the games I'm getting in the next 2 weeks...

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    oh, also, I forgot to add all of the inevitable Wii Points I'll be purchasing in order to get all of the VC games I'll inevitably want in Nov.

slash000 on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rock Band - $170
    Guitar Hero 3 - $100

$270 on two games. Luckily they're already paid off. Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed will have to wait, however.

Urahonky: Hellgate London + founders = $200? What are founders? And you're really prepared to pay $200 for an MMORPG?

Don't think this has been addressed... Founder's account is a pre-order only option for Hellgate: London that gives you a lifetime subscription to the premium service. It's $150.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There are a lot of games I'll be waiting for reviews and impressions to decide if I want it or not. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, and shit load more are all "maybes" at this point.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007

This happens every year. November is when people start doing their holiday shopping, and publishers take the gamble that their game won't be buried under the onslaught of other AAA titles and reap the benefits. Nevermind the fact that their game would sell like fucking gold bricks if they released it in May, against no competition, at all.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The only thing I plan on buying is Super Mario Galaxies. Maybe Mass Effect, maybe FFXII: Revenant Wings, but probably not. After that the only games I plan on getting are Brawl and Left 4 Dead.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    lol at all you guys who have to spend loads of money.

I am too poor for a 360 or a PC that will play Crysis. I win.
    :|

LewieP on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

This happens every year. November is when people start doing their holiday shopping, and publishers take the gamble that their game won't be buried under the onslaught of other AAA titles and reap the benefits. Nevermind the fact that their game would sell like fucking gold bricks if they released it in May, against no competition, at all.

I knew it was familiar. Last year there was an onslaught after a huge drought of quality games. September and October 2006 were so dry it was painfull then suddenly *SLAP* here you go fuckers!

Considering Halo 3 sold so god damn well and it was September, maybe this month was'nt such a bad one to release in. Damn industry.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The only two games im getting in November will be Rock Band and Gears of War PC. Im trading in a lot of games for GoWPC and my birthday is 2 days before the release of rock band, so I'm guessing I'll be spending vary little out of pocket for either of them.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    November expenditures:

Mass Effect: $60
    Rock Band : $170
    Renewing my car's registration: nearly 3 times over the above combined.

Happy fucking birthday, here's your assrape.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was going to buy GH3 but then I had to spend that money on rent.

So, $0.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Disgaea, Naruto, and Pro Street (if it's any good). Luckily I get a 10% which helps take tax off... but I usually go for the limited editions.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was going to buy GH3 but then I had to spend that money on rent.

So, $0.

Man, who needs a place to live when you can be ROCKING OUT?

A real artist would relish the suffering. Too bad you aren't a true artist.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I import most of my stuff now rather than having to wait 6 months down the track for something to get released here, through a Canadian online store so I still get hit with packing fees but its still way cheaper than $AUS. I only order every four months though, so this is stretched between this month, November, December and January.

Converted to US prices though to fit with the thread better though:
    Wii:
    Fire Emblem; Goddess of Dawn: $50
    Victorious Boxers: $35
    Super Mario Galaxies: $50
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl: $50
    Forever Blue; Endless Ocean: $40
    Battalion Wars 2: $50
    Zak & Wiki: $40
    Metroid Prime 3: $50
    DBZ Tenchaichi 3: $50
    Super Paper Mario: $50
    Guilty Gear; Accent Core: $40
    NiGHTS: $50
    Geometry Wars; Galaxies: $40

DS:
    Front Mission - $40
    Contra IV - $40
    FF XII; Revenant Wings - $40
    Phantom Hourglass - $40
    Advance Wars DS 2 - $40

PSP:
    Final Fantasy Tactics - $40
    Brave Story; New Traveler - $40
    Jeanne D'Arc - $30
    Gundam Seed; Rengou Vs ZAFT - $45
    Disgaea - $35
    Dracula X - $40

Total - $1035.00 + Shipping.

Averages $250 for each month, but thats a huge glut of games which I doubt I'll need to purchase anything till 2nd quarter.

I should point out that this might seem expensive, but converting to Australian dollars takes this to $1164. Going by regular pricing conventions here in Australia, it would cost $1820 through a retail chain on top of a delay on most of the titles, if they ever made it here at all.

Tax returns to the November rescue once again!

Kelor on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whoops, forgot I work for the university paper. Reimbursments for all!

Review:
    COD 4 - nov 19th issue
    Super Mario Galaxy - nov 25th issue
    Rock Ba...yea right, $170 reimbursment...Mass Effect - dec 1st issue

So I guess I could possibly add a game or two to my list since I won't be paying for those ones. Sucks that I am quiting the paper at the end of this semester. There go all my freebies.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    November expenditures:

Damn, my renewal was like 47 bucks. I'm much more happy to have an old car now.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Essentials:

GH3: ($50 - game only, PS2)
    Super Mario Galaxy: ($50)
    Hellgate: London ($50, assuming it can run well on my Macbook Pro)

Maybes:

Rock Band ($160, PS2 version)
    RE: Umbrella Chronicles ($50 waiting for reviews)

So, potentially $360 i guess, plus i'm sure I've forgotten some.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    OceaniaxOceaniax Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    November expenditures:

Holy smokes, your car registration is over $600? My registration was about $60 when I renewed it last month. D:

And............damn, maybe I shouldn't have made this thread. Some people have reminded me of the upcoming release of several other AAA titles I'd love to get my hands on. I guess i'm going to have to sit down and cut one or two on my list to make room. Damn you.

/Shakes Fist

Oceaniax on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You left Gears of War for PC off the OP. For shame!

That plus UT3 possibly the CE so $100-110. I might end up getting Crysis too, but not until I get bored with the other in multiplayer, plus TF2 is still around to play. We'll see what the reviews say though.

Drool on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mario Galaxy
    Fire Emblem
    Link's Crossbow Training (at that price, impossible to pass up)
    Battalion Wars 2 at some point
    MAAAAYBE Zack and Wiki

Guitar Hero 3 might just be too darn expensive.

Phoenix Wright 3 is it for DS I think.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rock Band - $170
    Guitar Hero 3 - $100

$270 on two games. Luckily they're already paid off. Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed will have to wait, however.

Urahonky: Hellgate London + founders = $200? What are founders? And you're really prepared to pay $200 for an MMORPG?

I'm pretty sure, for $200, I will get more enjoyment out of that game than I would from Rock Band AND Guitar Hero 3 combined. I'm not a rhythm person by any means.

Founders means I get to play without a subscription cost. I'm in beta, and know that I will be playing this game for many years.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure, for $200, I will get more enjoyment out of that game than I would from Rock Band AND Guitar Hero 3 combined. I'm not a rhythm person by any means.

Founders means I get to play without a subscription cost. I'm in beta, and know that I will be playing this game for many years.

Is the Founders account you pay for something where you download the entire game or you pick it up at retail and then when you set up the account it is converted to a Founder? I'd thought about this but download limits are very limited in Australia, the most you can get is 40gb.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You purchase the game. Founders is $150, and the game is $50. Which is why I added them together. :P

But yeah, you go to the store and pre-order the game, and create your account. Then you purchase the $150 founders subscription by Nov. 31st; And I'll never have to worry about those pesky monthly fees.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You purchase the game. Founders is $150, and the game is $50. Which is why I added them together. :P

But yeah, you go to the store and pre-order the game, and create your account. Then you purchase the $150 founders subscription by Nov. 31st; And I'll never have to worry about those pesky monthly fees.

Gotcha.

One last question though, is it limited to the US and Canada only?

Kelor on
  • Options
    UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Given the fact that November will also include the purchase of games that came out while I have been in S. Korea on an international assignment, and Nov will be big bucks for me.

The ones with an '*' in front are 100% certain buys. All the others are likely, but may be dropped due to time/budget contraints.
    PC:
    *Bioshock ($50)
    *Orange Box ($50)

Wii:
    *Metroid Prime 3 ($50)
    *Super Mario Galaxies ($50)
    *Guitar Hero III ($90)
    *Rayman Ravening Rabbids 2 ($50)
    *NiGTHS ($50)
    Zack & Wiki ($50)
    RE:UC ($50)
    Fire Emblem ($50)
    Trauma Center 2 ($50)
    Link's Crossbow Training ($25)
    Ghost Squad ($50)
    Soul Calibur Legends ($50)

360:
    *Mass Effect ($60)

DS:
    *Phantom Hourglass ($40)
    *Contra IV ($40)
    FF XII Revenant Wings ($40)
    DQM:Joker ($40)

* = $530
    Total = $935

UreshiiAkuma on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Kelor wrote: »

Gotcha.

One last question though, is it limited to the US and Canada only?

Hopefully this answers your question:
    Q: I’m interested in the US pre-order package that contains the exclusive Dye Kit, Founders Offer, and Beta invite. The problem is I don’t live in the US. Why can’t I find this same offer in my country?

A: Hellgate: London pre-order packages are handled by our publishing partners in their respective territories. Any promotion that does or does not appear in your country is out of our control. [Update: We've been informed that there will be an identical package available in Europe. Please expect an official announcement with more details (participating retailers, etc.) very soon.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh. Well that pack will probably run at $400-500 here so it I doubt it'll have the value compared to the US founders deal.

Thanks for the info though.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I originally had Mario Galaxy, RE:UC, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and the Rock Band Bundle in my sights. Unfortunately, money has gotten tight due in part to my own lack of willpower and in part to my car's need for snow tires. So now I'm going to be shifting the preorders around for the bundle and AC only. My girlfriend paid off my ME preorder last month, thankfully.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wii
    Super Mario Galaxies
    Links X-bow training
    RE: Umrella Chronicles
    Mario & Sonic

XBOX360
    Mass Effect
    Assassin's Creed (might wait on this)
    Beautiful Katamari (might wait on this)

DS
    Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

and also possibly pick up Front Mission First, Zak and Wiki, Nights, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center (not sure when these all are, some may be october)...

and I'm pretty sure that's it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh, I forgot, I'll also be getting Call of Duty 4.

For the DS.

No really, it looks really good. I forgot about how cool the DS version looks to be.

slash000 on