As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy]: Spoony Bard vs. Meteor Sage edition

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yuffie's continued nonexistence in Record Keeper is vindicating my decision to not play it.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Yuffie's continued nonexistence in Record Keeper is vindicating my decision to not play it.

At this point, I'm only playing it to have something mindless on my phone for when I'm watching TV that doesn't command my attention. Of course, that means I mostly play with the sound off, defeating most of the game's appeal.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I'm finally low on gil. My fortune from the Festival has run it's course. Have only 126,122 left. I'll have to start running the Gil dailies to keep up with the 100,000 upgrades.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Type 0 HD's PC release date has been confirmed as August 18.

It's 30 bucks (27 with preorder) and comes with some Dota stuff: Chocobo courier, Moogle ward, and an exclusive loading screen, which I guess is a thing in Dota 2.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

Yuffie can continue to not exist in any form and all will be right with the world. Wutai was easily my least favorite part about FF7 and her dialogue is terrible.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

It's 30 bucks (27 with preorder) and comes with some Dota stuff: Chocobo courier, Moogle ward, and an exclusive loading screen, which I guess is a thing in Dota 2.

Excellent, I'll easily be done with FF9 by then.

No idea why I would care about getting some random dota2 stuff though.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    I'm finally low on gil. My fortune from the Festival has run it's course. Have only 126,122 left. I'll have to start running the Gil dailies to keep up with the 100,000 upgrades.

I'm back up to a million because I haven't gotten anything worth upgrading in a while. Unfortunately that also means my inventory is jammed full of upgrade materials.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Even if you don't like Dota 2 often these packaged items can be sold for a decent chunk of change after a few weeks since they will be rare.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    We have to wait all the way until mid August for the next event? Mid August is like 3 weeks away. Are they just taking a break or something? Giving a people a chance to catch up and do story missions.

I'd be shocked if this were the case. Seed event ends on Friday. I can't remember a time when there hasn't been something going on. Most of the time there's 2 events going on, only dropping to 1 like this for a few days when they cycle in another.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."

Even if you don't like Dota 2 often these packaged items can be sold for a decent chunk of change after a few weeks since they will be rare.

Oh yeah, good point!

Might as well preorder then since I'll save a few bucks.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Enlong wrote: »
    So for the longest time I've wondered what the story was behind Alexander. Always seemed weird having a giant Anime robot in a mostly fantasy RPG series.

Then FFXIV goes and gives it a totally logical lore explanation that I never would have imagined:
    It is literally a moving castle, one where its inhabitants could live in luxury and peace.

In other words:

Howl%27s.Moving.Castle.378492.jpg

FFXIV continues to expand the lore of its entire series in really smart, interesting ways.

That reminds me of FF9. Loved that scene when Bahamut attacks and Alexander is summoned.

I am so sad that you never learn Alexander as a summon in IX.

Alexander has been my favorite summon since he showed up in VI.
    Maybe because he was the only one that was animated (the tiny face plate dropping before the laser), as opposed to being a single sprite that moved across the screen.
    Maybe because "Giant Robot, Holy Laser, EVERYTHING IS FIRE" seemed so out of place in a game where most of the characters are wielding swords or spears.

see317 on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We have to wait all the way until mid August for the next event? Mid August is like 3 weeks away. Are they just taking a break or something? Giving a people a chance to catch up and do story missions.

I'd be shocked if this were the case. Seed event ends on Friday. I can't remember a time when there hasn't been something going on. Most of the time there's 2 events going on, only dropping to 1 like this for a few days when they cycle in another.

If they've been going like they have been lately, we'll get the next event tomorrow or Thursday most likely.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    What's the value of synergy vs level? with a full 5 member 30+ viii team I was able to clear the second memory crystal boss which previous events just required me to bust out the 50+ all stars to stand a chance

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Been pretty interested in trying out Type-0 for awhile now. That and gotta do my small part to support FF on steam.

Don't really know a whole lot about it but the brain slug that attached itself to my head when I started playing FFRK seems to like it so sure, why not.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Type-0 is a flawed but fun game. The story is somewhat incomprehensible until you are fully immersed in their jargon. The story also goes from a somewhat normal military themed game to bonkers very quickly, and the transition is very jarring. I won't give any spoilers, but let's just say that the final two chapters of the game are not anything like the first 6 chapters.

The combat is very fun, however, and they really allow you to build the team that you want to play.

I'd say if you're a fan of Final Fantasy as a series, Type-0 is worth playing once.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I'm back up to a million because I haven't gotten anything worth upgrading in a while. Unfortunately that also means my inventory is jammed full of upgrade materials.

Right now, it's mainly abilities that are draining my funds. Getting Thundaga from R2 to R4 is going to cost 150,000. Somehow I slacked on that spell. Biora is another 100,000 to hit R4, and ugh Thundara Blade to R4 is 120,000.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Right now, it's mainly abilities that are draining my funds. Getting Thundaga from R2 to R4 is going to cost 150,000. Somehow I slacked on that spell. Biora is another 100,000 to hit R4, and ugh Thundara Blade to R4 is 120,000.

Oh, that's where all my gil went! I only look at the orbs when honing.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ouch yeah, I hadn't looked at that before. R5 curaga will cost me 300k.

Plus side: all those minor and lesser orbs you probably don't need? You could sell them. I have 200 lesser earth orbs that could sell for 150k.

Or I could wait for Gil Await.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is it worth holding onto magics lower than -aga level in RK?

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Is it worth holding onto magics lower than -aga level in RK?

No.

Honing spells and item combining are the biggest money sinks.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I need another gold rush event. I got up to 3 million while farming levels during that last one and thought to myself "this will last me a long time!".

Now I've finally gotten a firm grasp on abilities and what to hone, and already I'm down to 2 mil. And I know that's not going to last much longer...

Knowing what I'm doing is now a curse. Today it's daily farming for all those black orbs for -aga spells and -ara spellblades. Tomorrow it'll be daily farming for lightning orbs, though I only really need 15 more to get Thundaga up to R4. Then Thursday is power orbs for the spellblades...

How am I supposed to do dungeons and events?!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I need another gold rush event. I got up to 3 million while farming levels during that last one and thought to myself "this will last me a long time!".

Now I've finally gotten a firm grasp on abilities and what to hone, and already I'm down to 2 mil. And I know that's not going to last much longer...

Knowing what I'm doing is now a curse. Today it's daily farming for all those black orbs for -aga spells and -ara spellblades. Tomorrow it'll be daily farming for lightning orbs, though I only really need 15 more to get Thundaga up to R4. Then Thursday is power orbs for the spellblades...

How am I supposed to do dungeons and events?!

Props to SE for doing this to people with a F2P title that should be a nostalgia romp and then put down.

And in his 12th Fiesta run, my friend gets Berserkers for the first three slots in a chaos run.

Let's see how this plays out.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    And in his 12th Fiesta run, my friend gets Berserkers for the first three slots in a chaos run.

Let's see how this plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote: »
    No Fang, no Freya... man, need more female chracters on the non-magical end of the spectrum. I'd even take Improbable Pants Girl from FF XIV.
    Japan is getting Beatrix soon. (Maybe Freya will make a surprise appearance in that event -- not many other FFIX characters left.)

Squee!! If they ever add Rikku and Setzer too, I can die a happy FF fan. :o

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
    I don't understand the addition of villains. I haven't understood why Sephiroth was like the 2nd character added to the game. Also, apparently Japan has Golbez as a party member? WTF? And now Beatrix? I'm guessing that means eventually we'll see Seifer and Caius on the team too. And Seymour.

Ugh. No.

Keep the baddies off my team.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Sephiroth, Golbez, and Beatrix were all (temporary) party members.

Granted you don't get to actually control Golbez until The After Years, but he teams with Fu So Ya in the last dungeon of 4 proper.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the reason they add them is because the game's first and foremost job is nostalgia farming

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    The reason they put Sephiroth in so early is that he's more popular than 99% of FF's characters.

He might just be the most popular FF character, period.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    I don't understand the addition of villains. I haven't understood why Sephiroth was like the 2nd character added to the game. Also, apparently Japan has Golbez as a party member? WTF? And now Beatrix? I'm guessing that means eventually we'll see Seifer and Caius on the team too. And Seymour.

Ugh. No.

Yeah, about that...Seifer is already available in Japan.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Lies, Kefka is the most popular, followed by General Leo!(in my heart)

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yo, Sephiroth is a baddie, but Beatrix and Golbez both make turnarounds to the heroes' side.

Hell, Golbez is a permanent party member in The After Years.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Kind of been shadowing this thread for awhile playing RK for a bit.

So~ Edgar and Sabin are dropping tomorrow. HYPE~♪!!
    Though, I wonder what their Limit Breaks might be. I doubt they'd use Desperation attacks over Tools or Blitz attacks. At least I hope...

Personally wanted the Shadow to drop, which I would guess it'd be with Gau. If not to main, then to use as my profile character and rename myself Ryu Hayabusa. :P

Also got 100 mithril, are there any large discrepancies with 1, 3 or 11 drops that I should know? Seems like there is according to this thread, since I usually get 11 drops.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Beatrix means I can make team SHITKICKERS.

Beatrix
    Lightning
    Fang
    Freya
    Tifa

All I need is Freya to be confirmed for JP eventually then AAWE YIS. ALL LADIES FRONT ROW GOIN HAM.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Firebird wrote: »
    Kind of been shadowing this thread for awhile playing RK for a bit.

So~ Edgar and Sabin are dropping tomorrow. HYPE~♪!!
    Though, I wonder what their Limit Breaks might be. I doubt they'd use Desperation attacks over Tools or Blitz attacks. At least I hope...

Personally wanted the Shadow to drop, which I would guess it'd be with Gau. If not to main, then to use as my profile character and rename myself Ryu Hayabusa. :P

Also got 100 mithril, are there any large discrepancies with 1, 3 or 11 drops that I should know? Seems like there is according to this thread, since I usually get 11 drops.

Edgar/Sabin limit breaks:
    Edgar starts with Autocrossbow, and it turns into the Bio blaster if you get his 5* Partisan
    Sabin starts with Pummel (not 100% sure, the translation I read is "Explosion fist") and learns Fire Dance/Rising Phoenix with a Kaiser Knuckle

No reason not to go with 11 drops if you can. No differences in drop chances, you just get 1 extra item for the mythril.

Dehumanized on
    Beatrix means I can make team SHITKICKERS.

Beatrix
    Lightning
    Fang
    Freya
    Tifa

All I need is Freya to be confirmed for JP eventually then AAWE YIS. ALL LADIES FRONT ROW GOIN HAM.

Are you kidding? Fran is capable of kicking each one of those fine asses to Hell and back and not break a sweat while looking better than them doing it.

That list is moot. MOOT I SAY!!!

;p

steam_sig.png

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Ugh. No.

I find it hilarious to read the character records.

"Strong sense of justice."

"Loyal to her friends."

"Inexperienced but brave."

"His INTENSE HATRED of the Planet leads to countless plans to DESTROY the LIFESTREAM and MURDER the party."

So uhh... you're in third position in the portrait today Sephiroth. Do... good? out there...

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yo, Sephiroth is a baddie, but Beatrix and Golbez both make turnarounds to the heroes' side.

Hell, Golbez is a permanent party member in The After Years.

I still hate that turnaround so much.

Golbez was an awesome villain, but then by the final act we're treated to two of the most irritating JRPG cliches.

1. The bad guy was mind-controlled, therefore he's absolved of everything (either immediately forgiven by the party or changes his convictions to redeem himself).

2. The real bad guy is this late-act reveal who is usually nowhere near as cool as the dude you've been fighting for most of the game.

Funny enough, I found that same reason for my eventual indifference to Sephiroth, just in reverse order.
    He was enigmatic enough with an unclear history, that his turnabout from loyal SOLDIER to threat to humanity was at least somewhat plausible, if a little odd.
    Then came the prequel, Crisis Core;

- Oh! You have several close friends, and give/earn trust with the protagonist, all which you show genuine concern for? LET'S JUST GET RID OF ALL OF THAT FOR LITTLE REASON!!

I keep Sephiroth in my party, both for a FFVII main and highest STG among the game. But once Zack Fair drops (don't judge me), I am willing to kick him to the curb.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.