As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Recruit a team of Teenagers With Attitude

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Dan's gonna end up working for WWE, isn't he?
    Probably not

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    https://thecastnextdoor.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/minute-1-logos-and-j-lo/
    We open the book on The ‘Cast Next Door, Spencer, Nick and Park take you through the opening credits.

The Cast Next Door, the minute-by-minute breakdown of The Boy Next Door as done by a rotating cast of hosts and guests, has just started. It'll be updating four times a week, Monday through Thursday, until we get to the end of the movie. A lot of folks have put and are still putting a good deal of work into this, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys would give us a shot. It's also on iTunes if you don't want to deal with wordpress's unusual set-up (if you don't want to listen in-browser, you have to click on the little thing that looks like a trashcan to go to ANOTHER page that has download links on it. It's ungainly, but free to use.)

The host and guests swap out on a weekly basis, and the first batch I'm hosting is minutes 5-8, starting next Monday. I won't be plugging Teenagers With Attitude next week though, because we record these things WAY in advance and we hadn't even started TWA yet at the time. No worries though, it gets plugged in my second batch of episodes, and during the first batch I plug South Figaro instead. I haven't actually gotten to hear any episodes I wasn't on yet, so most of this is going to be a new experience even for me.

edit: I just found out we're also on soundcloud

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Ok so while having a discussion while listening to Sailor Buisness, we came up with this question
    If the Sailor Scouts were Pokemon Gym Leaders, what pokemon would they each use?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    http://www.thatdndpodcast.com/episodes/47
    Look, the birds said to go into the woods, right? How were we supposed to know there was a dimensional portal disguised as a tree ring of doom? It's not like we have these situations just pop up all the time. And really, who wouldn't want to save a teleport scroll just in case there was more danger? Gazren will definitely survive a little cross-religion prayer. It's no big deal, I'm sure. Let's just look around the weird, gigantic library, all right?

Direct link to audio

Our podcast is a 4e (mostly) liveplay podcast. Currently the party is trying to gather resources to go to another plane of existence and punch an evil elder god in and around the face and neck.

If you give it a listen, let us know what you think!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Ok so while having a discussion while listening to Sailor Buisness, we came up with this question
    If the Sailor Scouts were Pokemon Gym Leaders, what pokemon would they each use?

Do you mean specific Pokemon or types because the second one is easy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Congrats on the podcast launch tdot ill try and give it a listen today!

Road virus I've got it downloaded and will be listening soon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Is the fact that we record and then go up a day or two after really unusual? I honestly have no clue

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Dammit why was this posted while I was out of town. I have so many thoughts about Pokemon+Power Rangers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    How did I miss it!

I love the helmets! <3

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Is the fact that we record and then go up a day or two after really unusual? I honestly have no clue

I think podcasts have all kinds of record/release schedules.

• Options

not incredibly so

the reason TCND is recorded so far in advance is to facilitate the large number of people involved and the rapid-fire release schedule

it's also easier to do because TNCD has no reason to keep itself timely and also it has a finite number of episodes that we know the exact number of from square one

• Options
    technically TWA has a finite number of episodes

Technically

• Options
    Promising start @ThatDudeOverThere, I liked it!

Are any of these other guys posters? Just curious. I still don't know that many names on here.

• Options
    pretty sure the only person from here in there is me

the cast next door (and a talking cast before it) spawned out of the facebook group for the flop house

• Options
    Oh ok cool!

I like podcast origin stories

so few of them have 'traditional' starts

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015

Moon- clefairy, wigglytuff, umbreon
    Mercury- squirtle, lapras, slowking
    Mars- braixen, chimecho, ninetails
    Jupiter- electivire, manectric, machamp
    Venus- togekiss, persian, unfezant

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Can all of mercury's cast bubblebeam

this is very important

• Options
    Only in Gen II, if you trade them up from Gen I, where Bubblebeam was a TM.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Took me a while to get Persian and Umbreon in that list

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Moon- clefairy, wigglytuff, umbreon
    Mercury- squirtle, lapras, slowking
    Mars- braixen, chimecho, ninetails
    Jupiter- electivire, manectric, machamp
    Venus- togekiss, persian, unfezant

Chibi-moon- cleffa, igglybuff, eevee
    Uranus- groudon, tyranitar, garchomp
    Neptune- kyogre, gyarados, suicune
    Pluto- gardevoir, espeon, celebi
    Holy grail moon- xerneas, sylveon, diancie
    Saturn- yvetal, absol, drifloon
    Tuxedo Mask- florges, crobat, murkrow

Molly- pidgey, rattata, nidoran (F)

• Options
    Speed stop

Stop speed

• Options
    (do the rangers now please)

• Options

this is very important

Squirtle definitely can

Lapras can learn haze which is way more in line with what bubble spray actually does

Slowking probabky can but he's there more to represent the genius aspect of mercury

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Also I'd give Mars a Murkrow to represent Phobos and Deimos

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    mars should also have a delphox

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Sailor moon has to have lunatone

It is literally a moon

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    This thread has become like unto a foreign language to me

Why is Chrome not offering to translate this madness

• Options
    (do the rangers now please)

I want to play a Power Rangers Nuzlocke. You are Zordon and you "recruit" rangers by catching them (although since none of these Pokemon are available at the beginning, I'd have them prepared ahead of time). You start with Alpha 5 (starter) and as soon as you can catch Pokemon, you obtain your team of:

Jason the Tyrunt (Tyrantrum)
    Zack the Swinub (Mamoswine)
    Billy the Aron (Aggron)
    Trini the Raikou (I know it's a legendary but come on, it's so a sabre-tooth tiger)
    Kimberly the Aerodactyl

After a few badges you add Tommy the Larvitar (Tyranitar, who is obviously the dragonzord)

If any of the "rangers" die, you replace them with the next ranger/zord of that color.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong with this

just that I'm not reading this thread for many a week or two for this to settle down

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Also I'd give Mars a Murkrow to represent Phobos and Deimos

That's reasonable, I gave it to tux because it has a tophat
    Kilroy wrote: »

Braixen is the secondary form of Delphox, same basic concept but much cuter looking
    BugBoy wrote: »

It is literally a moon

Yeah but it's dopey looking, serena would never have something that's not adorable

• Options

this is very important

Squirtle definitely can

Lapras can learn haze which is way more in line with what bubble spray actually does

Slowking probabky can but he's there more to represent the genius aspect of mercury
    Only in Gen II, if you trade them up from Gen I, where Bubblebeam was a TM.

Bubblebeam is actually a pretty rare move to learn naturally and it was pretty much replaced wholesale by Water Pulse in Gen III, rarely to be seen again.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    speed what pokemon would each member of teenagers with attitude have

including yourself

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Talking about magical girls in here huh

I just finished the Madoka Magica movies

I feel like I'm going insane

• Options

which sailor scout do you think would date which ranger and also who is a more effective supervisor, Zordon or Luna

(Its Luna)

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    BugBoy wrote: »

It is literally a moon

Yeah but it's dopey looking, serena would never have something that's not adorable

... Teddiursa

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Kilroy wrote: »

Braixen is the secondary form of Delphox, same basic concept but much cuter looking

but delphox is fire/psychic

Kilroy on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Oh they're just discussing anime

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

which sailor scout do you think would date which ranger and also who is a more effective supervisor, Zordon or Luna

(Its Luna)

Usagi x Jason
    Ami x Billy
    Minako x Zack
    Rei x Trini
    Makoto x Kimberly

Maybe flip Jupiter and Venus

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Oh they're just discussing anime

Sailor Moon is a classic 90s cartoon and Power Rangers is an american television show featuring live actors

This discussion has been closed.