As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In this thread, we get our [Groove] on.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hey, does anyone have a link to that low techno video of a dude on a beach playing a bottle a wire strung to a log?

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Aw6PaAYk0&ab_channel=Funny,Amazing&Interesting2o15

I just highlighted and searched the last half of my question....

Man of the Waves on
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I saw these again while I was looking for the previous song:

https://youtu.be/NBvwhnmUxDA?t=1m35s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJsEYwguuj8

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    so what are the best the mountain goats albums? i really like heretic pride

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I quite like Beat the Champ. Though its release coincided almost perfectly with me getting into wrestling so that may be why.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I love The Sunset Tree.

Tallahassee has No Children so it earns points for that.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The correct answer was: all of them.

They are also one of the best live shows you can see.

Anon the Felon on
  • existexist Registered User regular
    Beat the Champ is amazing but no idea how it holds up to someone with no interest or knowledge of professional wrestling. Tallahassee and Sunset Tree are their two most popular and acclaimed albums.

UmPiq.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    seconding everything already mentioned, I enjoyed Transcendental Youth a bunch and earlier stuff like Nothing for Juice is also worth checking out

uc3ufTB.png
    Have we talked about how good Compton is?? Because it's good. So damn good.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i'll add all hail west texas to the mountain goats pile. aside from containing one of the best songs ever in "the best ever death metal band in denton" it'll show ya the late-greatness of old school lo-fi darnielle

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD THE NIHILIST ARBY'S TWITTER IS RUN BY A DUDE FROM THE LAWRENCE ARMS

Okay, so, this only exciting/revelatory if you like pop-punk AND bleakly comic novelty Twitter accounts but HOLY COW is my mind blown.

It'd be like finding out horse_ebooks was actually the bassist from Dillinger Four or something

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    new frank ocean Lonny Breaux, Pt. 2 out on spotify now this is not a drill

it might not be the new new album but it's 30 songs i've never heard before, so i'm still just as happy

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular

PSN- AHermano
    New Deerhunter!! Album is out in October. That's going to be a fantastic month for music.
    https://youtu.be/CG6jk5Q90DA

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    CHVRCHES released another new track back on the 12th that I somehow missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9_0pxiDjY

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Just bought a ticket to see Judas Priest and Mastodon in November

SO

HYPE

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Foo Fighters is still a bit away, but man... I am excite.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's chrono trigger's twentieth birthday today which means it's a perfect time to bust out this groovy fuckin album

https://youtu.be/H6J5skWL9CM

uc3ufTB.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular

I liked it on first listen, but looking back at it, I realized the only tracks I really enjoyed were Deep Water, Darkside, Talk About It, Animals, and Medicine Man. The others just fell flat, and both of the tracks with Snoop did nothing for me at all. Deep Water is incredible, though.

Lord_Snot wrote: »

I liked it on first listen, but looking back at it, I realized the only tracks I really enjoyed were Deep Water, Darkside, Talk About It, Animals, and Medicine Man. The others just fell flat, and both of the tracks with Snoop did nothing for me at all. Deep Water is incredible, though.

I love every track that isn't Loose Cannons (which has only gotten grosser in light of Dee Barnes bringing a lot of Dre's history of violence against women to my attention) and the one with Eminem's verse on it

But even if the album only gave me that absolutely filthy bass line on Genocide, I'd still love it

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Lord_Snot wrote: »

I love every track that isn't Loose Cannons (which has only gotten grosser in light of Dee Barnes bringing a lot of Dre's history of violence against women to my attention) and the one with Eminem's verse on it

But even if the album only gave me that absolutely filthy bass line on Genocide, I'd still love it

Good lord yeah, Loose Cannons was goddamn awful.

I'd have loved to have heard more from Ice Cube on the album. Those 30 seconds on Issues were phenomenal.

Lord_Snot on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Did I tell y'all the thing

Oops I got my FFF tickets

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    the most lamentable tragedy is a masterpiece

UmPiq.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    the most lamentable tragedy is a masterpiece

I fucking missed out on tickets for their Chicago show and didn't even realize it and I'm just so angry

damn son! I got tickets to their portland show coming up in early october and I love the venue so I'm super stoked. they are also doing a short free set at a record store same day which is neat.

UmPiq.png
    also the way "lookalike" segues into the daniel johnston cover of "i lost my mind" gives me goosebumps damn near every time

UmPiq.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be trying to scalp tickets for the next month or so, so maybe I'll get lucky

The last couple of shows they've had in Chi haven't sold out, so I thought I was safe

But of course the reason they hadn't sold out is because they didn't have a recent record release and were through here like every six months

I should've known

it's been in my rotation A Lot

fired up is def my stand out favorite

(more thoughts when i'm not at work)

uc3ufTB.png
    I don't even know what my favorite is

I listen to it as just one solid thing every time, and everything blends together

In a good way, obviously

Fatal Flaw, maybe?

I tend to listen to it in sort of "suites" if you will, as I don't really listen to music for over an hour uninterrupted very often. Like from "I Lost My Mind" to "Dimed Out" or "Come On Siobhan" to "I'm Going Insane."

UmPiq.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/RPrZUiDVHrM

This has been stuck in my head for like 4 days god DAMN you Griffin McElroy

CYpGAPn.png
    I must've had a pretty charmed life because I don't think I've ever missed anything as much as Carly Rae Jepsen misses the 80s

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I must've had a pretty charmed life because I don't think I've ever missed anything as much as Carly Rae Jepsen misses the 80s
    Hey I am pretty okay with a really good 80s infused pop album

I like it more than the super heavy electronic/trap infusions that have been really popular this year, personally

CYpGAPn.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    80s revival is great

A lot of 80s revival is actually better than stuff from the 80s it is inspired by too!

Solar wrote: »
    80s revival is great

A lot of 80s revival is actually better than stuff from the 80s it is inspired by too!

"Better than the 80s" is a bar so low you could drag your feet over it

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    POORO STOP

THAT OPINION IS BAD DON'T MAKE ME LIST ALL THE GOOD EIGHTIES THINGS

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    POORO STOP

THAT OPINION IS BAD DON'T MAKE ME LIST ALL THE GOOD EIGHTIES THINGS

These forums have a minimum character limit

It would be an empty post, you see

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    1. They're over

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades