As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sony: don't play old games anymore buy new ones.

• FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    True. SE will have to wait and see how the various iterations of FFXIII do on the PS3 before making a judgement call.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • UtherUther Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Holy crap! Red on blue? Do you have human eyes?

Uther on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yes, but my eye sight is around 15/15 or 15/20 in each eye or however it's said. So colors don't bother me so much. I'll use green next time to be nicer to everyone.

Edit: I've got to get some sleep so I'll catch you guys this evening. Don't go too many pages without me. ;-)

Dark Shroud on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    You even know what I've been arguing? The main reason I jumped into this thread is because of the people crying about BC. They act like because 1 model doesn't have it none of them do. Which is untrue. Anything is possible in the future. PS3 could come back, it might hit rock bottom. No one knows, that’s why I said wait for 08 to come and pass. PS3 could get lucky and release some killer apps, boost sales and be in a totally different position going into 09', or it could just keep sucking, no one really knows.

I'm not here to argue if the PS3 is bad ass or not, that was never my intention. People started going off on BR... I think BR is an awesome feature to have, I just recently got my first HDTV and was able to combo in my BR player into my PS3. Less shit I have to buy, less shit in my entertainment center... + a BR player that gets firmware updates, how cool is that. Anyways, I only post here while I'm at work. I work 12hr shifts at AMD (nights :( ... but more $$)... I do have to get back to work, it has been much fun debating. People that start name calling really need to relax. Stop taking your frustrations out on me. :lol:

But AS WELL as arguing about BC, you started throwing around hypotheticals about a comeback. You did it again here too, talking about how the PS3 "might get lucky". You can't just say those things and not expect people to question the logic you used, even if it was not the entirety of your argument. I don't have to wait until '08 to be able to argue that "might get lucky" isn't exactly a solid argument, and that past trends in gaming indicate a shakey start is not a good thing.

I'm not taking out my frustrations on you. You're the cause of them, currently.

You obviously read what you want to read. Look at what you quoted me on. Here I'll bold it for you. I said it COULD do WELL or it COULD KEEP SUCKING. NO ONE KNOWS WTF is going to happen. Things could go up, things could go down. Thats what I said. I'm not frustrating you, your doing it to yourself.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect? Did I win?

What do I win? Halo 3?

But I already own that. Can I get Viva Pinata?

Oh wait.. I borrowed that from someone. How about a nice game of Geometry wars?

Well, that's kinda simple. And you can get it on the PC How about Forza Motorsport?

But I don't like racing games all that much. But I'd probably like PGR4.

But again... racing game. How about 50 million dollars worth of GTA4 exclusive content?

Yeah, I think that's pretty cool.

And that Dead Rising. That's an awesome game.

If you were competing in a biggest douche in the universe contest, then yes I think you won.

The things been out two years and most of the games you listed are recent, non released or mini-games.

Oh and here's your prize for biggest douche in the universe. Two thumbs up.

Kojima will develop where ever he can get published on. After the budget of MGS4, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be the PS3.

Because you know the budget or know that said budget is formed entirely because of the PS3. -_-

DarkWarrior on
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cool, the experienced Sony shill is here to show the new guy a thing or two.

Baker, take notes.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    another thread debating if MGS 4 is coming to 360 or not?

really guys?

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DarkWarrior, just because you consistently win the Biggest Douche in the Universe award doesn't mean you get to hand them out.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »

really guys?
    Where did anyone say that?

I read him saying Kojima's next game probably won't be on the PS3, and definitely not a PS3 exclusive.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • JulesJules Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »
    Oh god. Someone brought up the idiotic "there's stupid people out there playing games online! How in the world will I ever be able to enjoy games online? I feel so helpless and alone because stupid people know about the internets now! My existence is meaningless now!" argument.

Also, apparently, stupid people are exclusive to online games on xbox360.

No fucksticks playing warhawk at all.

I didn't say there wasn't, but like you said, few people will be on PC, as they all have 360's, and I think a 14 year old is more likely to have a 360 than a gaming computer.

My experience in MMO gaming is that ALL of the 12 year old fucktards have access to a PC as well to spread out their special kind of love.

Your argument fails.

Jules on
    (USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As much as I enjoy watching Sony defenders being baited, let's try to head back on topic. A few people have said that it is stupid to complain that one PS3 SKU doesn't have BC, but I figure those people are paying too much attention to what happened and not enough to what didn't. Everyone has been saying that Sony needed 3 things to make a try at saving the PS3: a price cut, more exclusive games that might tempt someone to pay $4-500 to play them and some non-retarded advertising and/or PR.

In this episode we thought we were going to get a price cut. Perhaps the battle for the real next gen was finnally on. Instead we got another, gimped, SKU. Gimped in a way to remove the ability to play the biggest game library of all time. Then, just to go a perfect three for three in lol sonys, Sony come out and says that the new SKU isn't gimped to save mony but instead to make their customers buy PS3 games instead of PS2 games.

I find it hard to believe any of this is going to help dig the PS3 out of the hole it sitting in at present.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »

really guys?
    Where did anyone say that?

I read him saying Kojima's next game probably won't be on the PS3, and definitely not a PS3 exclusive.

Who really knows though, if MGS 4 is the system seller, it should be than who's not to say kojima's next game won't be on the PS3 if anything I could see the next kojima next game being multiplatform on like the PS3 and 360 but not exclusive to one system.

Lothars on
  • ArcticMonkeyArcticMonkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.

You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.

Well the Dragon Quest series which is better selling in Japan then Final Fantasy series did go from selling ridiculous amount of copies on the Playstation 2 to NOT making a sequel on Playstation 3 (It's on the DS).
    So arguing that Japanese companies will support the PS3 no matter what is bad logic. Especially when there is two Japanese hardware companies and Nintendo is selling stuff faster then they can produce it.

ArcticMonkey on
    "You read it! You can't unread it!"
    venstre.giflobotDanceMiddle.gifhoyre.gif
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    You should try rethinking that stance. FFXIV will be an RPG by Square Enix. They cater to their own first, Japan. The 360 doesn't sell there, the PS3 does. So these FFXIV will be on the PS3, the 360 might have a chance of it being ported to the 360. Kojima is the same, nationalistic, only worse for 360 fans Kojima owns all of the Metal Gear IP. He has the final say not matter what the companies ask of him.

The Wii sells more there, though, so if SE becomes more concerned with sales for one of their main flagship series, they may consider moving the FF series to the Wii instead of the PS3.

I'd like to say that won't happen, but crazier things have already happened many times. I'll say it's highly unlikely as Square Enix and Nintendo don't have the best history for main consoles and the Wii would be a step back for them as they try to out do their previous game. So it's not probable yet not impossible so we'll have to wait and see since it will be more than a few years before FFXIV, since FFXIII is going to be divided into 3 games.

Actually, you missed the interviews with the Square Enix president in which he said the direction of the company will change a bit, since he really, REALLY wants to increase sales overseas. Not to mention Square Enix and Nintendo have a fine relationship now (hell, they made a Mario basketball game for the DS for Nintendo), and they're making stuff for the 360. So I wouldn't bet against Square Enix putting more of their games on other systems.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Just in case someone looks back a couple pages:
    Secondly the reason because of the ridiculous size of MGS (which has been mentioned earlier) is the ridiculous amount of audio which is going into it. Kojima is basically having a wank fest and two thirds of the BRD is going to be filled up with his jizz.
    I never ever said it was definitely the audio that caused huge file sizes, it was only a goddamn guess. Passing judgement on an unreleased title is kind of shaky at best.

Secondly, people saying that 'programming' games to take up less space...what, you think Winzip runs on the PS3? While there is debate over the benefits of running compression as opposed to reading directly from the HDD/disc in terms of speed, I'd have to say it'd be stupid to, in addition to slow read times from a disc, further compress the data so that you have to uncompress it again later on. Now I guess you could say compressing the data makes it easier to copy over to the HDD and then uncompress it faster since the CPU is probably faster, but I'd rather the CPU be used for actually processing more calculations/s and making my overall experience even better rather than waste processing power on uncompressing data.

Besides, really, who doesn't want our future videogame babes to have 4096 x 4096 texture maps? For each part of her body.

EDIT: What the hell are you guys doing talking about FFXIV when your attention should clearly be focused on spamming SE JP to give a goddamn release date projection for XIII, Versus XIII and the EN Crisis Core!

sonictk on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

Well, you'll miss FFXIV. Because if you think that that's going PS3 you're nuts. You'll miss whatever comes after MGS4. Because again, whatever it is isn't going to the PS3.

Well the Dragon Quest series which is better selling in Japan then Final Fantasy series did go from selling ridiculous amount of copies on the Playstation 2 to NOT making a sequel on Playstation 3 (It's on the DS).
    So arguing that Japanese companies will support the PS3 no matter what is bad logic. Especially when there is two Japanese hardware companies and Nintendo is selling stuff faster then they can produce it.
    And we also have capcom's Monster Hunter, another massive japanese franchise, moving to the wii for it's next installment instead of the PS3 because the development costs of making it for PS3 were too high.

-SPI- on
    edited October 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »

And we also have capcom's Monster Hunter, another massive japanese franchise, moving to the wii for it's next installment instead of the PS3 because the development costs of making it for PS3 were too high.

And the fact that Dragon Quest has moved from the PS3 to the freakin' DS.

cloudeagle on
  • sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Knowing the MH franchise, they probably didn't want to bother making new textures and models and wanted to get a nice quick port over to the Wii. Also longsword + nunchuk = much easier controls than the goddamn triangle/circle system.

sonictk on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ITT posting in Red doesn't make you more right.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited October 2007

Apparently neither does posting in white.

I'm not going to be able to afford a PS3 until first quarter next year when tax returns come back.

Will I still be able to get a 60GB version with BC in store? I don't have a PS2, and it's terribly convenient to play both PS3, PS2, and Blue Ray games on one system.

Why does Sony hate me?

Jules on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jules wrote: »

I'm not going to be able to afford a PS3 until first quarter next year when tax returns come back.

Will I still be able to get a 60GB version with BC in store? I don't have a PS2, and it's terribly convenient to play both PS3, PS2, and Blue Ray games on one system.

Why does Sony hate me?

That's like asking why the devil wears black. It's just what they do.

Nova_C on
    edited October 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Why does Sony hate me?

I just want to know if there will be an in-store 60GB somewhere in 5-6 months when six hundred dollars of disposable income lands on my lap?

Jules on
  • NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Why does Sony hate me?

I just want to know if there will be an in-store 60GB somewhere in 5-6 months when six hundred dollars of disposable income lands on my lap?

Possibly, but most likely through an online retailer or ebay.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can someone fill me in on these less-than-stellar PS3 ports I've heard about? I'm on the cusp of either buying a 360 pro or a 20gb PS3 for 379 and it would probably help me in deciding

Frostozuna on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Are you talking about 360 to PS3 ports?
    In the Head to Heads the two either tie or the 360 wins. It is rarely an OMG SO MUCH BETTER, though.

Looking at this Holiday line-up, and the fact that the pro will net you Forza 2 and M:UA for free, pick up the 360. You can always buy the PS3 next Christmas when it will have a much better line-up of games.

Accualt on
    edited October 2007
    Frostozuna wrote: »
    Can someone fill me in on these less-than-stellar PS3 ports I've heard about? I'm on the cusp of either buying a 360 pro or a 20gb PS3 for 379 and it would probably help me in deciding

What I've pieced together from various claims and reports is that if you go PS3 then 360, the port is much easier because you're going from difficult to easy and just making everything work without the SPUs where as getting it to work great on a non SPU system and then trying to build it for the PS3 is just fucked up. However since they're wary of starting development on PS3, sucking and not being able to finish it, they do seem to lead with the 360. Its most noticable in that Rathet and Clank met its deadline and released early in some cases where as anything trying to do both systems seems to wind up 2 weeks to a month behind the 360/PC.

It'll get better but sucks for now.

DarkWarrior on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I think a bunch of games have slightly worse graphics on PS3 than 360. IIRC, Oblivion, Splinter Cell - DA, F.E.A.R. and Madden are the worse offenders. Madden especially is 60hz locked on 360 but varies alot on PS3. This is just what I have heard from reviews and such, I have played none of those games on both formats, and might have remembered incorrectly.

I believe the general trend right now is that games on both are better on 360 (unless you don't have live for online) and there are several possibilities for the future -

1. Devs get better at making PS3 games as they get used to the format, learn how to get the most out of the architecture
    2. Bigger market share leads devs to prioritise the 360 version of games, so it is more optimised (see PS2 verses Gamecube last gen)
    3. Somewhere inbetween 1 and 2, varying with different devs and publishers.

LewieP on
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

I think a bunch of games have slightly worse graphics on PS3 than 360. IIRC, Oblivion, Splinter Cell - DA, F.E.A.R. and Madden are the worse offenders. Madden especially is 60hz locked on 360 but varies alot on PS3. This is just what I have heard from reviews and such, I have played none of those games on both formats, and might have remembered incorrectly.

I believe the general trend right now is that games on both are better on 360 (unless you don't have live for online) and there are several possibilities for the future -

1. Devs get better at making PS3 games as they get used to the format, learn how to get the most out of the architecture
    2. Bigger market share leads devs to prioritise the 360 version of games, so it is more optimised (see PS2 verses Gamecube last gen)

This is likely.

Really, aside from the Madden framerate hit the PS3 versions seem pretty much like the 360 versions unless you're a graphics tart of the highest order.

cloudeagle on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

I betting on number 2. And you forgot the part where the 360 is WAY easier to code for.

shryke on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mass Effect? Did I win?

What do I win? Halo 3?

But I already own that. Can I get Viva Pinata?

Oh wait.. I borrowed that from someone. How about a nice game of Geometry wars?

Well, that's kinda simple. And you can get it on the PC How about Forza Motorsport?

But I don't like racing games all that much. But I'd probably like PGR4.

But again... racing game. How about 50 million dollars worth of GTA4 exclusive content?

Yeah, I think that's pretty cool.

And that Dead Rising. That's an awesome game.

If you were competing in a biggest douche in the universe contest, then yes I think you won.

The things been out two years and most of the games you listed are recent, non released or mini-games.

Oh and here's your prize for biggest douche in the universe. Two thumbs up.

Wait... listing off some 360 exclusives makes me a douche? How so? Does listing off PS3 exclusives also make me a douche? What if I list off Wii exclusives? What if I actually look up the exclusives and list them all?
    1XR
    A Ressha de Ikou HX/A-Train X
    Absolute: Blazing Infinity
    Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
    America’s Army: True Soldiers
    Amped 3
    AquaZone
    Banjo-Kazooie 3
    Beautiful Katamari
    Big Bumpin'
    Blue Dragon
    Bomberman: Act Zero
    Bullet Witch
    Chromehounds
    Crackdown
    Cry On
    Culdcept Saga
    Dance Dance Revolution Universe
    Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
    Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements
    Dead or Alive 4
    Dead or Alive Code: Cronus
    Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
    Dead Rising
    Demons of Mercy
    Diario: Reverse Moon Legend
    Dogtag
    Earth Defense Force 2017
    Every Party
    F.E.A.R. Files [3]
    Fable 2
    Far Cry Instincts Predator
    Far East of Eden Ziria
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Full Auto
    Fuzion Frenzy 2
    Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Guilty Gear 2: Overture
    Halo 3
    Halo Project (untitled)
    Halo Wars
    Import Tuner Challenge
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    Kengo: Legend of the 9
    Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
    Lost Odyssey
    Love Football
    Magna Carta 2
    Marvel Universe Online (working title)
    Mass Effect
    Mobile Ops: The One Year War
    MotoGP 2006: Ultimate Racing Technology
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
    Ninety-Nine Nights
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    The Outfit
    Operation Darkness
    Over G Fighters
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Pocket Bike Racer
    Pro Baseball Spirits / Pro Yakyu Spirits
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Project Gotham Racing 4
    Project Sylpheed
    Ridge Racer 6
    Rumble Roses XX
    Saints Row
    Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action
    Senko no Ronde Rev.X
    Sneak King
    Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage
    Super Robot Wars XO
    Tenchu Senran / Tenchu Z
    Tetris: The Grand Master Ace
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Too Human
    Tsuushin Taisen Mahjong Touryuumon
    Versus Tactical Action (working title)
    Viva Piñata: Party Animals
    Warhammer: Battle March[8]
    Warhound
    WarTech: Senko No Ronde
    Zegapain NOT
    Zegapain XOR
    Zoids Alternative
    Zoids Infinity EX Neo
    Afrika
    The Aquanaut's Holiday -Inner Mind Adventure
    Big Time Revenge
    Bipedal Movement Simulation
    Boku no Natsu Yasumi 3
    Brave Arms
    Buzz! Quiz TV
    Chain Limit
    Coded Arms: Assault
    Codename: Sengoku 23KU
    DC Universe
    Digimon World Online
    Disgaea 3
    Driver
    Eight Days
    The Eye of Judgment
    Eyedentify
    FIA World Touring Car Championship
    Fifth Phantom Saga
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Folklore
    Formula One Championship Edition
    Free Realms
    Future GPX Cyber Formula
    Genji: Days of the Blade
    The Getaway 3
    The Godfather: The Don's Edition
    God of War III
    Gran Turismo 5
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Haze
    Heavenly Sword
    Heavy Rain
    Hot Shots Golf 5
    Imabikisou
    Infamous
    Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
    Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball
    Killzone 2
    Kurayami
    L.A. Noire
    Lair
    LittleBigPlanet
    Mahjong Fight Club Online
    Mahjong Taikai IV
    Mahjong Oh
    Makai Wars
    Martial Art
    Megazone 23: Aoi Garland
    Metal Gear Online
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    Mist of Chaos
    MLB 07: The Show
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
    MotorStorm
    MotorStorm 2
    NBA 07
    NBA 08
    Ni-Oh
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Nobi Nobi Boy
    Project D
    Railfan
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Rat Race
    Redwood Falls
    Record of Agarest War
    Red Dead Revolver 2
    Rengoku: The End of the Century
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Resistance 2
    Ridge Racer 7
    Saikyou Ginsei Shogi
    Second Season 01
    Sega Golf Club
    Sekai Saikyou Ginsei Igo
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Shogi World Champion GEKISASHI
    SingStar
    Slotter Mania
    SOCOM: Confrontation
    Star Ocean 4
    Steambot Chronicles 2
    Sunrise Eiyūtan
    Super Robot
    Tears to Tiara: Earth's Wreath
    Tekken 6
    Terracotta Warrior Iki
    Time Crisis 4
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

So as you can see, worldwide the PS3 has 3 more exclusive games than the 360. This includes games that are just announced and games that might be on the PC. So there, fair and balanced and all that jazz.

Am I still a douche?
    Kojima will develop where ever he can get published on. After the budget of MGS4, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be the PS3.
    Because you know the budget or know that said budget is formed entirely because of the PS3. -_-

I never said the budget was because of the PS3. But obviously a game like MGS4 is going to have a rather large budget. If they're filling up the BR disc like they say they are, they must have SOMETHING on it. And no matter what that SOMETHING took money to produce. It didn't materialize out of thin air.

Basically I don't think Konami will allow Kojima's next game to be PS3 exclusive (unless something unlikely happens and the PS3 starts magically selling well somewhere). That's something I forgot to say last night. I forgot to put in the word "exclusive". Sure, whatever he makes next might end up on the PS3, but it certainly won't be the only system it's on (again, unless the PS3 has a magical selling spree between now and when MGS4 stops selling copies). I don't see how knowing this makes me a douche. Maybe it's because you don't like these things he do.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    shryke wrote: »
    I betting on number 2.

Me too to be honest, but can't be 100% sure. In reality it will depend on a case to case basis, and some games will certainly fall into category 1, or hell, even secret category 4 "better on PS3 than 360" where it is a game that the dev has alot of skill on PS3, or the nature of the game means the specific hardware stregnths of the PS3 are very advantageous, or even a publisher see's an oppertunity for sucess by prioritising the PS3 version.
    And you forgot the part where the 360 is WAY easier to code for.

Yes, I did.

LewieP on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

But obviously a game like MGS4 is going to have a rather large budget. If they're filling up the BR disc like they say they are, they must have SOMETHING on it.

Lots and lots and lots of uncompressed audio. That's what.

The_Scarab on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

But obviously a game like MGS4 is going to have a rather large budget. If they're filling up the BR disc like they say they are, they must have SOMETHING on it.

Wahoo! Chewing up storage space with the worst parts of those games.

shryke on
    edited October 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl doesn't have to ship on 3 DVDs just because of Snake.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    edited October 2007

Wahoo! Chewing up storage space with the worst parts of those games.

Ps1: A Hind D?

Ps2: The Patriots?

Ps3: SHADOW MOSES?

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2007
    Am I still a douche?

Yes.

Undoubtedly.

And how will it CERTAINLY not be on PS3? I was unaware your job was that of an analyst, incorporating your extensive knowledge of the way business works into your arguement here. THe fact is that you said it in a way that implies the existince of MGS4 on PS3 is the reason its unknown budget is so unbelievably, allegedly, high. Highest of any alleged game ever apparently, if what I am implying you alleged is indeed possibly true. Maybe.

DarkWarrior on
    edited October 2007
    MGS4s budget will never be the highest in a world where Shenmue exists.

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2007
    Am I still a douche?

Yes.

Undoubtedly.

And how will it CERTAINLY not be on PS3? I was unaware your job was that of an analyst, incorporating your extensive knowledge of the way business works into your arguement here. THe fact is that you said it in a way that implies the existince of MGS4 on PS3 is the reason its unknown budget is so unbelievably, allegedly, high. Highest of any alleged game ever apparently, if what I am implying you alleged is indeed possibly true. Maybe.

Whenever you read my posts you much add a bunch of hyperbolic words onto it. And also read it backwards and make up something else that I said.

I never said the budget was high because of the PS3. I said the budget is more than likely high because of the fact that it's a damned MGS game that's suppose to fill up an entire BR disc. Unless the only thing on the disc is snake saying "METAL GEAR" over and over again, trying to do funny voices, the budget is going to be high. I'm not saying the budget is too high. I'm not saying it's the highest in the world. I'm saying it's going to cost some damned money to make a game that looks and sounds as good as MGS4.

How in the world can you not fucking understand that?

And read my last damned post. READ WHAT I ACTUALLY FUCKING SAID.
    Basically I don't think Konami will allow Kojima's next game to be PS3 exclusive (unless something unlikely happens and the PS3 starts magically selling well somewhere). That's something I forgot to say last night. I forgot to put in the word "exclusive". Sure, whatever he makes next might end up on the PS3, but it certainly won't be the only system it's on (again, unless the PS3 has a magical selling spree between now and when MGS4 stops selling copies). I don't see how knowing this makes me a douche. Maybe it's because you don't like these things he do.

READ IT. Read the bolded part until your eyes fall out. Learn to read what you respond to. Learn to understand what you respond to. Don't ignore what people actually say. Stop putting words into people's mouths.

(edit: I edited out some of the angry.)

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    edited October 2007
    Why would the budget be high if the game filled up a BR disc? Does capacity now equal cost?

Audio is probably the cheapest part of a game to produce, but also one of the largest assets capacity wise.

The development costs of MGS4 probably are inflated due to producing it on the PS3 only. Mainly because Microsoft heavily subsidise production of games on the 360, and the fact that it is more difficult to program for the PS3.

Not by any huge margin, but it certainly is more likely to be down to platform than size of the disc. No idea where the hell you pulled that from.

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2007
    Why would the budget be high if the game filled up a BR disc? Does capacity now equal cost?

Audio is probably the cheapest part of a game to produce, but also one of the largest assets capacity wise.

The development costs of MGS4 probably are inflated due to producing it on the PS3 only. Mainly because Microsoft heavily subsidise production of games on the 360, and the fact that it is more difficult to program for the PS3.

Not by any huge margin, but it certainly is more likely to be down to platform than size of the disc. No idea where the hell you pulled that from.

Am I living in an alternate reality where AAA titles have high budgets? Or is high somehow an offensive word? Should I be saying large budgets? I'm not trying to say the budget for MGS4 is somehow inflated to the size of being unreasonable. It's not Waterworld the game. It's just a large game. A high profile game. It's not being made on shoestrings and dixie cups.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.