As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm about to have a second frame and a pair of axes. What's the next thing I should go after? Is there a specific planet I should be working to completely unlock? Or some good gear that is pretty easy to get early?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    What are you playing on?

Your major goal at this point should be to get to Mastery Rank 6, at which point you can get some of the staple guns in the game (Soma, etc). You should try and get the staple mods too (Serration, etc).

Unlocking planets and all that are just things to do to build toward MR 6.

Warframe is basically "be a ninja forever" though. There's no true end objective.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Ideally you should unlock all the planets eventually, and the sooner the better, since they give you access to more of the random invasions and alerts which often drop good items (potatos, mods, rare resources, etc). But you will likely be delayed if you don't have the necessary mods (and ranked them up) as without them the high level enemies on the outer planets can be difficult. Endless missions (especially Excavation) are good for farming up rarer mods.

You don't need to completely finish planets unless you are going for Nightmare mods or looking to put resource extractors down, so try to rush the bosses and collect frame parts and nav segments to other planets.

Also get a Sentinel ASAP.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm on ps4. I figured I'd give this another go before the big Destiny update.

Where does one acquire a sentinel?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Or a Kubrow. A bit faster to get from the start than a sentinel, if more expensive over time. More survivable than sentinels in combat, if less versatile.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So my nephew just started this out on console, and lucked into a Dread. He's asking what's typically suggested as far as modding that, and I told him I'll ask here since I don't know that much.

I go with this for my Dread:
    pgw37gvm0ham.jpg

The Vile Acceleration is up to preference, and a regular Speed Trigger works fine, I just like having the extra speed from VA.

Obviously he'll need to use something else in place of Fanged Fusillade. I'd recommend another element. Outside of that, he could also use Hammer Shot, since that gives your crit multiplier another 1.2x, though damage-wise I don't think it'd stack up to another element (quickly running it through Warframe-Builder's calculator seems to confirm this).

I guess he could use Arrow Mutation if he wanted to, but personally I feel bows are ammo efficient enough that it's not really needed.

I'll show that to him, thanks!

Also, @Citizen Kupo didn't you once show me a screenshot of your SGammacor? That was a while ago, though- did you update it recently, after the changes?

• Options
    Sentinel BPs are on the market for credits, Equipment > Companions tab I believe.

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm on ps4. I figured I'd give this another go before the big Destiny update.

Where does one acquire a sentinel?

You have to build them. The blueprints for sentinels are available in the marketplace, one is from clan research. The Carrier is the most generally useful one (it sucks up loot!) and should you want to just buy it, costs 75p.

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    So my nephew just started this out on console, and lucked into a Dread. He's asking what's typically suggested as far as modding that, and I told him I'll ask here since I don't know that much.

I go with this for my Dread:
    pgw37gvm0ham.jpg

The Vile Acceleration is up to preference, and a regular Speed Trigger works fine, I just like having the extra speed from VA.

Obviously he'll need to use something else in place of Fanged Fusillade. I'd recommend another element. Outside of that, he could also use Hammer Shot, since that gives your crit multiplier another 1.2x, though damage-wise I don't think it'd stack up to another element (quickly running it through Warframe-Builder's calculator seems to confirm this).

I guess he could use Arrow Mutation if he wanted to, but personally I feel bows are ammo efficient enough that it's not really needed.

I'll show that to him, thanks!

Also, @Citizen Kupo didn't you once show me a screenshot of your SGammacor? That was a while ago, though- did you update it recently, after the changes?

I don't think that was me? I didn't get the Sudacor until after the ammo nerf, and I've only just recently started formaing the thing. Regardless, I think my current goal for it is to just pump in as much damage as possible with a couple utility mods to offset its weaker aspects. So basically the standard damage + multishot stuff, three elemental mods (most likely two dual stats for the decent 70% status chance and Primed Heated charge for the sheer amount of damage it gives), Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation to help manage the ridiculous ammo usage, and Ruinous Extension for the extra range.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    Did they ever fix that obnoxious bug where Helios would go crazy and waste all of your scans on things that you maxed out ages ago? Because man oh man was that a drag.

Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Upside of sentinels is you don't have to revive them.

Downside is that you can't give them cute names like Puddles or Scroopy Noopers.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

Downside is that you can't give them cute names like Puddles or Scroopy Noopers.

SAYS YOU!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Personally, I see this as a downside because once they go down, they're down for good. A sentinel will go down pretty quickly if only from splash damage in long endless missions, but if a bombard ever wings your Kubrow you can get them back up and into the fight. A sentinel in that situation would just be gone and you wouldn't have that support for the rest of the mission.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    That is true. I just hate wading into clusters of lvl 45 enemies to revive them when my sentinels almost never die.

That said I still use kubrows more because they are just the greatest. It all balances out somehow.

Edit: and when the hell are we getting a "fetch" mod for kubrows, or a breed that collects items for us? The utility of carrier is hard to beat.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    hotfix note:
    "Fixed a bunch of issues with navigating the underwater tileset. I'd make a joke about it being difficult to navigate Uranus, but Uranus jokes have been worn out. And there's nothing worse than wearing out Uranus."

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Huh. Stalker dropped a Dread for me. How nice of him. Wish he'd visit more often.

Also, Carrier Prime with Guardian mod is love. Instantaneous shield refresh saved me from needing a revive a bunch of times this last mission. And with nearly 1.2k hp it's more hardy than the squishier frames.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    Huh. Stalker dropped a Dread for me. How nice of him. Wish he'd visit more often.

Apparently he's a butterfingers with that bow. I got my Dread this way, and so did my nephew. Both of us were leveling a lowbie frame, pretty new to the game, and someone with a max rank frame gets targeted, kills Stalker in seconds, and voila- blueprint.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I got Dread within the first few days I started playing too. It was pretty unfair for the other weapons.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    That is true. I just hate wading into clusters of lvl 45 enemies to revive them when my sentinels almost never die.

That said I still use kubrows more because they are just the greatest. It all balances out somehow.

Edit: and when the hell are we getting a "fetch" mod for kubrows, or a breed that collects items for us? The utility of carrier is hard to beat.

They added a fetch kubrow recently called the chesa breed

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Or a Kubrow. A bit faster to get from the start than a sentinel, if more expensive over time. More survivable than sentinels in combat, if less versatile.

I second this, if you screw up and start with a carrier it will make everything else feel like mastery fodder.

:)

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

I second this, if you screw up and start with a carrier it will make everything else feel like mastery fodder.

:)

everything else is mastery fodder tho

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Except it can only fetch one thing at a time, and chooses it randomly from whatever's there.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Except it can only fetch one thing at a time, and chooses it randomly from whatever's there.

I've heard it brings more than 1, and it also disarms enemies. Plus kubrows are better and cooler than sentinels so

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I much prefer sentinels, but the chesa carries more than one thing at a time, but it must run to each item and pick it up. You gather them from the kubrow when you get close enough to touch the items in its mouth, otherwise it just carries them around while it gathers.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Oh, well that's cool, I guess I never looked at the codex entry for the new kubrows. Been farming eggs since I started playing again and I haven't lucked into one yet.

• Options
    Ah, then I sit corrected.

• Options
    Oh, well that's cool, I guess I never looked at the codex entry for the new kubrows. Been farming eggs since I started playing again and I haven't lucked into one yet.

Hate to say it but I had to buy every single egg I used (~10) to get the original 4 fodder dogs.

Did they ever fix it to give a marker where your dog got downed? Or for that matter, clear the marker for allied dogs that got downed and revived?

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I much prefer sentinels, but the chesa carries more than one thing at a time, but it must run to each item and pick it up. You gather them from the kubrow when you get close enough to touch the items in its mouth, otherwise it just carries them around while it gathers.

I feel like they missed an opportunity to animate a kubrow rearing onto its haunches, opening its maw and then swelling Kirby style to vacuum loot up. :(

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    New synthesis target is up, looks to be Grineer Guardsmen, aka those staff guys on Ceres.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I feel like they missed an opportunity to animate a kubrow rearing onto its haunches, opening its maw and then swelling Kirby style to vacuum loot up. :(

I think you mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-j2SFEOswU

• Options
    If your doing a wish list then katamari style roller would rock. Maybe tie it's damage and armor to how much loot it accumulated as the mission went on...

• Options
    Oh man, a sticky Katamari rolling around, picking up loot would be amazing.

• Options

Oh God.

I just had this image in my head of someone dropping into a survival/defense and seeing this Warframe with a giant ball of loot rolling lazily next to it. "How long have you been playing this round?!"

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Sometimes, when lagged/bugged, Carrier can turn into a flying one of these.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Oh God.

I just had this image in my head of someone dropping into a survival/defense and seeing this Warframe with a giant ball of loot rolling lazily next to it. "How long have you been playing this round?!"

Can you imagine how easy it would make those modes

You just collect massive katamaris of loot and plug entrances with them until enemies can only come through a single choke point

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    p0scOFi.jpg

• Options
    Carrier wat r u doing

Carrier stahp

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    is that from the bug a while back when carrier wouldn't give you the items it picked up

• Options
    Just lag, still happens dependant on the connection between the host and client.

• Options
    Just lag, still happens dependant on the connection between the host and client.

Us lucky Time Warner subscribers get to see funny things like that all the time. Figured it was more a sync issue then latency as loot rarely gets recovered again after the loot ball effect is seen.

This discussion has been closed.