As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty]: Black Ops 3 (jump suits and all) out now!

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    There were a half dozen times when I tried to wall run but my guys feet just wouldn't attach to the wall so I fell and died. The actual running itself was alright, but the hit detection on it seemed wonky.

(Who would've guessed. People complaining about hit detection in a CoD thread)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Anyone else on PC unable to connect? I was able to play just fine last night, but now I just keep getting an error. A buddy can play just fine, so I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, my region, or what.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Anyone else on PC unable to connect? I was able to play just fine last night, but now I just keep getting an error. A buddy can play just fine, so I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, my region, or what.

Just played a couple of rounds, seemed okay.

Well, the connection I mean. The game itself... eh? *makes the shaky hand motion* Never have been a huge fan of COD shooting, the guns always feel weird and never fun to use, coupled with environments that are too visually busy and enemies that look the same as team-mates and just blend into the backgrounds so you feel like you're getting killed out of nowhere. (My first experience of the new game involved taking two steps and then exploding from something falling from the sky.)

AW at least had the heavy laser cannon, which was always my jam... but never actually enough to make me want to put money down on the game, just to occasionally re-install it and play during free weekends.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    There were a half dozen times when I tried to wall run but my guys feet just wouldn't attach to the wall so I fell and died. The actual running itself was alright, but the hit detection on it seemed wonky.

Slam your side into the wall. Side slamming into it has (yet) to fail to latch onto the wall and keep my momentum going.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I was able to connect no problem but...there's a hitching that I'm not sure if it's netcode or my card.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I figured "Hey. It's a beta. Maybe I should make a post about my issue on the official forum." It was foolish of me to think that because the official forums are awful. However, not in the way you're probably thinking. As far as I can tell, I can't post anything. It's just a garbage design/layout.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

I kept forgeting every now and then to push forward the entire time. Didn't help that sometimes I'd jump from wall run to wall run and forget to change stick direction.

Or that I kept trying to show off.

Or that I thought I could pull off moves that I can't (jumping back into a wall and pushing off forward was one)

• Options
    Well, COD runs fine on my PC but maaaan, I suck using mouse and keyboard on a multiplayer setting. I can get 1-2 KDR and feel happy about myself but I'm averaging like 0.1 or 0.2 on PC.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I'm always wildly inconsistent in CoD games until I find a weapon that just works for me. In AW, it was the ASM-1. I haven't found that weapon in this one yet. I'll top the scoreboard one game, and be near the bottom, the next.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Well, COD runs fine on my PC but maaaan, I suck using mouse and keyboard on a multiplayer setting. I can get 1-2 KDR and feel happy about myself but I'm averaging like 0.1 or 0.2 on PC.

That's also because the average player on PC is capable of a better overall performance.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Also no auto-aim.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I dunno, I was able to get a 5KDR going on AW with a controller. But then again it was AW. EDIT: on PC. Controller on PC. :P

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Pretty sure there's aim assist on PC when you use a controller. I heard it was pretty strong too.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    There was in titanfall, but I've never heard of any for CoD. But I've also never played CoD on a pc.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Seems like Blops 3 PC has some kind of aim assist. Switched to an old 360 pad and my KDR hit 1 :P. I still suck but at least I can kill again. EDIT: I got a couple of codes if someone else wants to join in the PC Beta. Just PM me.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    It turns out all I had to do to fix my inability to connect was download the ethernet controller driver for my mobo.

Even though my connection is wireless.

*sigh*

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    God...I thought the BMR was cool, but I'm loving the Dingo as well. Just a pure bullet hose. And for a rapid fire LMG it doesn't have much recoil.
    Seriously. What do the last two LMGs do. Like I'm fulling expecting a suped up version of the Ghost Chainsaw at this point. Just strut around and cutting geese down like blades of grass.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The default kit with the Dingo is actually really nice, and glad Scavenger affects grenades again.

Also, try throwing a tripmine into the smoke cloud made by someone using Rejack.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Blops 3 is now available to everyone on PC.

• Options
    Beta should be open on the XB1 as well. Gave Nomad a try a little earlier with the HIVE launcher for the hell of it too, and it's quickly becoming a favorite. Proximity mine launcher? Yes, please.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I couldn't connect to servers on PC and found this stupid fix that works.

• Options
    I had the same problem and yeah, that fix is nuts. As I was doing it, I was thinking "No way this actually works."

• Options
    Safeguard's a lot of fun. The other objective modes never really grabbed me (aside from a bunch of S&D back in CoD4), but this one does it for me.

• Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    Played a few games now that XBone beta is open.
    RAPS are hilarious.

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Beta is open? Let me see how bad shotguns are.

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    It seems pretty good so far, I haven't really noticed any lag kills yet. Any time I die, there's a pretty consistent amount of damage indication before I die. Haven't died behind a wall, either.

The matches can get lopsided pretty quick with hell storm after hell storm.

I have enjoyed returning to my old PA Blops hobby of being the dedicated UAV killer!

• Options
    The pump shotgun is actually really good. On PC, with the quicker aim, at least.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Well, I played like 2 games on xbox and enjoyed it. Would like to play more, but after the 5th time of it freezing while connecting me to a game, I think I'm giving up.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    I'm pretty surprised at how crazy fast I've found games so far. I had a couple searches where I didn't even see the searching screen.

Also, small sample but I haven't seen any blatantly terrible spawns

• Options
    I have in both ways. I've spawned almost staring at an enemy's back and I've also spawned only to be shot a second later by someone who ran around a corner.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The desert one? C spawn in dom is trash when it comes to spawns. You can get so far in there and trap people super hard without it flipping, it's pretty bad.

I also have a question for anyone who played on xbox or ps4, did the blackhat have any sticky aim for you? because using a controller on PC (basically just to see how it did) I had sticky aim on people with guns but not on streaks with the blackhat.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Well...I found my true love.
    Sheeva with Red dot, grip, and high caliber animation.
    Had a round where I went 41 / 9. Just dropping UAV, Care Packages, and Hellfire for days while boring holes through skulls. This is the first marksmen rifle in a while for COD that just feels super good.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Who needs a grip on the Shiva?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Who needs a grip on the Shiva?

It recenters faster making it easier to beat long range engagements if the first shot isn't a headshot.

I'll probably swap though grip for Stock down the road. Or use Primary Gunfire to add Rapid fire on top of the grip for hose down moments.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    dinoarus wrote: »
    Played a few games now that XBone beta is open.
    RAPS are hilarious.

I'm downloading this morning.

Can groups be formed in the beta? If yes, I expect to see a PA'er or 2 on tonight. :D

• Options
    Yeah, you should be able to run parties.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Yeah, you should be able to run parties.

Key word "Should" in practice the party system is half past fucked.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So this is probably the most fun I've had with a Cod in years. Not sure if I'm going to buy it yet but we'll see.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Blops3 is basically the Titanfall mod I expected it to be.

Also I've killed myself so many times.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The Ripper's pretty fun to mess around with too. Can't say the same for active camo since the duration's really short, but hey. EDIT: Breaking tags, woo.

Mechanical on