As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Umaru [chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So, I just looked it up, my 1BR apartment is 620 square feet.

It is so cramped in here. Just not enough room for my stuff. The worst is I can't have a table set up without pretty much losing my living room, which means I can't really have people over for games. But the condo is 1075 square feet! I can have a computer room AND a spare bedroom! And still have room for two tables and a living room. It's the kind of place where I'll be able to stay indefinitely (Until I get too old to climb the stairs).

Sunday is the day!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ACQUISITIONS, INC LIVE IN 15 MINUTES

Watch with me!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Watch with me!

Already in the channel!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    This new MGS is like the only MGS that doesn't control deliberately awkwardly.

Though, to be fair by contrast MGSV seems to control like a total dream.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    This new MGS is like the only MGS that doesn't control deliberately awkwardly.

Though, to be fair by contrast MGSV seems to control like a total dream.

It controls like Peace Walker! :P

• Options
    Also, Peace Walker is really good.

• Options
    To be fair I didn't play Peace Walker

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am so hype for this

• Options
    I have repetitious speech patterns

• Options
    The worst thing about the falling out between Kojima and Konami is that now we never will get a Metal Gear game in WWII with The Boss. :(

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    considering the parachute opened at the same time as the rocket engine started that went remarkably well.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    There's one major awkwardness I've found in Ground Zeroes and it is the cover mechanic, but the answer to that is basically "don't hold to cover unless you want to do the cover CQC"

I'm now trying to unlock all trials in Normal... so many enemies to mark...

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    To be fair I didn't play Peace Walker

Its really good! Boss fights suck though....

If you ever get it on PS3, i'll play it with you!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    The worst thing about the falling out between Kojima and Konami is that now we never will get a Metal Gear game in WWII with The Boss. :(

I wouldn't rule out a pachinko version down the road.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    acq inc NOW

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    The best part about Peace Walker is that you can play as a girl. :P I hope the new one has that too.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    The best part about Peace Walker is that you can play as a girl. :P I hope the new one has that too.

It does! Confirmed in the Mother Base preview video.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Watch with me!

I'm really kinda angry at this actually.

They made this big thing about how they were toning back the extravagance at East, so they were just sitting around a table.

Then they come out at Prime with this fuckin' set?

Not cool.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

It does! Confirmed in the Mother Base preview video.

Yessssss!!

I am so going to use my first paycheck to buy this.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Delmain wrote: »

Watch with me!

They made this big thing about how they were toning back the extravagance at East, so they were just sitting around a table.

Not cool.

No the meant they were toning back the extravagance at east.

They still go all out for prime but can't do it every time.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Hey simon, do you think it would be worth getting it for PS3, or should I just get it for pc?

• Options
    I fell asleep during the Acquisitions Inc performance I saw at Prime back in '12

I kind of liked these things a lot more when they were doing it in a closed room and not overtly pandering to a crowd

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Until Dawn quote/spoiler.
    "HEY! YEAH! PRICKS! THAT MEANS YOU! I KNOW you're OUT THERE! The FUCK are you trying to do!? You want to ruin our fun THAT BAD?! Well GUESS WHAT?! You can't! You can't ruin our good time! Because Michael and I are gonna FUCK! That's right! We are going to have SEX! And it's going to be HOT! So ENJOY IT! Because I know WE'RE GOING TO!"

Also, I really like the juvenile quality of the dialog. It's amusing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hey simon, do you think it would be worth getting it for PS3, or should I just get it for pc?

If your PC can handle it, go PC, but the multiplayer stuff is going to suck on it since there's no indication they'll have cheat protection going on

PS3 is apparently identical mechanically, but obviously the visuals are going to be pretty bad compared to current gen and/or PC specs

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Watch with me!

Not cool.

No the meant they were toning back the extravagance at east.

They still go all out for prime but can't do it every time.

yeah, I'm not sure that that's supposed to make me less angry

• Options
    and they didn't say that anyway, they made a big thing about how the extravagance was detracting from the game, so they were toning it back to focus more on the story

then this happens at Prime

• Options
    edited August 2015
    simonwolf wrote: »

If your PC can handle it, go PC, but the multiplayer stuff is going to suck on it since there's no indication they'll have cheat protection going on

PS3 is apparently identical mechanically, but obviously the visuals are going to be pretty bad compared to current gen and/or PC specs

Good to know, thanks!

I have Ground Zeroes for both, and it LOOKS better on my PC, but it does not play as well, so if MGSV plays the same on PS3, I can live with the not good graphics. I have heard of some ports of games actually being downgraded in more ways than just graphics though, so I wasn't sure if MGSV was going to do the same.

Neco on
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahaha

this fuckin' quest

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Good lord

it smells like a weed forest fire is blowing in through my window

Someone is getting hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I am so excited for the new Evil Dead.

I may or may not have plans installed to abduct Bruce Campbell and marry him...

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Good lord

it smells like a weed forest fire is blowing in through my window

Someone is getting hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

the weed was inside of u all along

• Options
    and they didn't say that anyway, they made a big thing about how the extravagance was detracting from the game, so they were toning it back to focus more on the story

then this happens at Prime

Hmm. They might've communicated poorly. Maybe I got my info through better channels but that was always their plan.

And can you begrudge them for doing the big show in their hometown?

• Options
    i recognize all the players but the guy with the magnificent beard

who is he?

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    i recognize all the players but the guy with the magnificent beard

who is he?

patrick motherfucking rothfuss

• Options
    yep

more importantly, is Scott's voice just weird on the recording or does he sound way different?

• Options
    yep

more importantly, is Scott's voice just weird on the recording or does he sound way different?

I think the recording is enhancing a sore throat

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    yep

I think the recording is enhancing a sore throat

ok, ok, I was kinda worried

• Options
    ah, the author? this is my first time watching the livestream at pax so i apologize if he's been doing this for like years

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    ah, the author? this is my first time watching the livestream at pax so i apologize if he's been doing this for like years

yup!

the 'motherfucking' is just because he's a baller, not that you should have known already :P

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.