As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I hadn't realized they were doing a "G1 Autobot" Combiner until I saw Rodimus.

Trying to decide if I want to add that to my collection given its mostly a redeco of Menasor.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    After Superion and Menasor, I think I'm basically done with CW, it's just repaint city with different heads. I'm still wondering if I should bother with Defensor.

I went into some crazy buying spree recently:
    TFC Hercules
    Hotline Miami 1/6 Jacket figure
    SDCC ML Ghost
    MS Carnage (he's big)
    SIC Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba, Shauta, and Sagozo
    ML Ghost Rider

and probably something else I don't even remember! Also October is gonna be more like Octopoor, so many preorders

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Defensor seems different enough to be worth it. That reminds me, somebody was asking in the last thread when Amazon would have the Protectobot limbs for $16.99, and it looks like they're finally down to that level.

I just saw Victorion. I'm...not impressed really.

And I'm thinking I may just get Rodimus as a replacement for Blackjack.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So, since I somehow found a incredibly good deal on Amazon, I picked up a few Gundam Assault Kingdom figures. You know, the little candy toy guys that started coming out a few years ago.

They're a bit bigger than I expected from the way I'd heard people talk about them. Still much shorter than a GI Joe, to be clear, but a lot taller than a mega blok figure.

Pretty decent figures, on the whole. Not that much paint, but the articulation is pretty good, and they come with all the extras you could reasonably expect. A stand, a couple weapons, spare hands, that kind of thing.

Got a Jegan, a Zaku II, the Exia repair, and the 0 Gundam. Might pick up a few more if I find 'em cheap. Well worth it if you can find one for around five bucks, I think, assuming you like giant robots.

• Options
    BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got a super weirdo toy in the mail today. Carb from 1000toys. I find it a little more unsettling than I thought it would be when I ordered it. Pretty cool, though.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I know I shouldn't, but there's a part of me that's super tempted to pick up some toys from the new Star Wars movies when they come out. I gave up collecting shortly after EpIII and have even given away quite a few figures, but the idea that old versions of Luke/Leia/Han/Chewy are likely to happen makes me get all twitchy to start buying again.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Bobo wrote: »
    I got a super weirdo toy in the mail today. Carb from 1000toys. I find it a little more unsettling than I thought it would be when I ordered it. Pretty cool, though.

Hey, that was the something else I didn't remember!

It is pretty cool

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    8xaqsukytbkd.jpg

I couldn't decide what troopers to get, so I got all of them...

Also have a bandai kit if I ever get around to finishing it.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    My Perfect Effect Superion upgrades arrived today and while attempted to remove the default head on my Takara Superion, the screw head was destroyed and i cannot remove it with a screwdriver anymore.

I'm thinking I might have to try using an electric drill to remove the screw tomorrow. Despite my clear intention to replace the default head with the PE one, I do hope it can be savaged somehow in case i change my mind and want to switch back.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I have more robots!

- CW Defensor satisfices exactly as much as I expected. The PE appendages help immensely, what with the default weaparmfeet being just awful. Sure wish I had a deluxe Groove, though.

- Chigurh is Chigurhiffic, so much so that DX9 is on my shortlist now, and Carry has slowly gone from meh (pre-Chigurh, post-Invisible) to GIMME THAT THING NOW.

- I keep forgetting that I have Cynicus. He's on my unsorted "Team Awesome But Not Fitting Anywhere Else Right Now" shelf right now, along with an MMC Knight Morpher Commander, a Knight Morpher Warper I customed up with gunmetal and brass because c'mon, industrial-grade metals in the HoS era were either brass or iron; and a Sigma L with a bunch of Dr. Wu Draculabot weapons. MMC needs to get more DJD members out, stat.

- Apollyon. Sigh. I didn't get the worst of the first run, but I'm going to have to find some replacement rivets for some of these panel swivels soon. Looks good, though, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who likes the Reprolabels Apollyon set enough to use all of it.

- On the other hand, Sever. You're pretty great, Sever. I kinda wish Fanstoys would stick with a single shade of yellow chrome, and a single consistent choice between matte and gloss on the torsos, but whatever. I think if I had one Fanstoys wish right now, I'd rather wish that they'd quit trying to demand that developers not carry a competing product.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    The new ML Ghost Rider is glorious, his head is just perfect

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Huh. Picked up a white CW Optimus to modify into as IDW a Thunderclash as possible once someone comes out with a conversion kit, and as it turns out, I kinda like this thing. If they had just tried a little harder, gotten rid of the monkey arms and the arm panels and some of the issues with the proportions, they might have had a home run.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm tempted to order Takara UW Guardian from a site in USD instead of waiting for Nippon to possibility have some in November (for above the RRP).

Right now I could get it in USD at another site for about $30 more than what I could have if I had managed to preorder from Nippon. $30 isn't that much, considering Nippon will likely add about the same in yen when it's instock.

It'll also give me an excuse to buy the white PE hands and feet for Superion and give the black ones to Guardian.

Decisions, decisions

EDIT: I'm weak. All that money I saved for future preorders is now gone thanks to this new order. All I have left for toy spending is just enough to cover my existing preorders. I'll need to be more careful on what figures I buy from now on, because every dollar I spend on this hobby, is money I could be putting toward my dream PC build.

Oh well. I was going to upgrade when the next gen of Nvidia cards come out next year anyway, so at least I still have plenty of time to finish saving for that.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The new ML Ghost Rider is glorious, his head is just perfect

I actually liked the old blue fire terrax series one quite a bit, despite him not being a really good Ghost Rider. I gave him green goblin's sword from the spiderman 2099 box and he makes a great generic fire demon/blue oni/skeleton warrior.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So I don't know if its just bad luck, or qc issues, but I ordered a full set of thanos build a figure marvel legends and two of the figures have had severe issues with paint applications. Never had a problem with swb or marvel legends before, but now I'm seriously considering not ordering online anymore for hasbro products where I can't see the figure in person.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Huh, so we are getting a CW Bruticus after all.

• Options
    I do hope Takara's UW Bruticus isn't a store exclusive like Guardian.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    What happens when you have extra BAF parts and already have a thor figure you like better than the one in the wave?

This happens.

9t6av175bxew.jpg

I know its not canon, but I love that old thor head. Debating whether to leave his hair white or paint it blonde.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Anyone pick up any new Star Wars stuff? I really just want Capt Phasma, and I'll probably wait for the SHF version

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Heh, CW Blackjack is back in stores already. There was a hook full of him and Groove at Target this afternoon.

• Options
    Anyone pick up any new Star Wars stuff? I really just want Capt Phasma, and I'll probably wait for the SHF version

Got 4 of the 5 black series, the only one I couldn't find was the trooper.

Kylo Ren is pretty decent, cheebacca is just the old one with a slightly improved head sculpt. Finn is nice but he doesn't really scream star wars, he reminds me of the movie starlord figure in that you could take his guns away and he would make a decent civilian. The girl whose name I can't remember is pretty good, and comes with a droid which is nice too, I appreciate them not charging for it.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Nothing grabs me about Kylo Ren's design, I want to like it but every time I look at it I just go "eh"

I really want a CW Ultra Magnus, but I can't decide between Hasbro and Takara. Takara has more detailed paint apps, especially the silvered wheels, which overall makes it look nicer, but it's almost double the price and I prefer Hasbro's skyblue and Minimus.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Get a Hasbro and the Reprolabels set.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    Get a Hasbro and the Reprolabels set.

But then stickers, and it doesn't fix the wheels being solid black which really annoys me !

I need to learn how to paint plastic

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Wheel painting on black is like the most basic thing, just get some boltgun metallic citadel paint and go to town.

• Options
    Yeah, metallic over black should be super simple.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    So I have to give funko credit, the latest figures for Evolve they have been making are vastly improved over the magic and game of thrones figures.

The men are a bit overscale (markov and hank are on the same scale as marvel thor and thanos, so 7 footers in 1:12 scale.), but the paint is good and the sculpt is great.

• Options
    Oh, crapping crap. I waited too long to pull the trigger on Summanus, and now he's sold out everywhere.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Anyone know what group is doing the replacement head for CW Megatron that makes him resemble the mtmte version more closely? I wanted to see prices, but I can't remember who is making it.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Only just noticed this double post, sorry!

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The only two upgrade kits for CW Megatron that I'm aware of right now are the X2 kit and the DX9 kit, neither of which have a new head.

I'll keep an eye out though.

• Options
    I did come across those. Maybe I saw it on twitter...or I am imagining things.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It's coming

fcQFhuL.jpg

• Options
    It sure is.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    And so am I?

Though I think it might just have a little too much going on. Just a tad.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    So in a move seemingly intended to inconvenience and annoy me specifically, disney has foxxed sales of bandai starwars model kits on major import/export sites. Not sure what the problem is because it seems to be that sh figuarts and revoltechs figures are unaffected. It may be something with some other licensee, like the revell models or lego buildable figures, making a fuss and disney having to comply.

Regardless, makes me glad I just ordered a scout bike, ATST, and boba fett kit. No 1st order trooper for me, though.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    So in a move seemingly intended to inconvenience and annoy me specifically, disney has foxxed sales of bandai starwars model kits on major import/export sites. Not sure what the problem is because it seems to be that sh figuarts and revoltechs figures are unaffected. It may be something with some other licensee, like the revell models or lego buildable figures, making a fuss and disney having to comply.

Regardless, makes me glad I just ordered a scout bike, ATST, and boba fett kit. No 1st order trooper for me, though.

Bandai owns the Star-Wars License for model kits in Asia. Revel owns it for the rest of the world.

• Options
    Revel probably made a fuss about the vehicles then, and the figure kits are incidental.

• Options
    Put in an order for all 4 Defensor limbs on Amazon when I saw they were all under $15.00 each.

Still really on the fence about the Autobot Menasor, considering skipping and just waiting for the Combaticons.

• Options
    There's really no point, unless you want to customize a white Prime into Thunderclash or something.

8aVThp6.png
This discussion has been closed.