As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wtf my draft [chat] disappeared this is an outrage i want my money back

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    desc

get sig high as fuuuuck

(but not so I mean shes just a girl)

and then disney

I mean that is easily accomplished

But unless step 2 is Haunted Mansion I refuse

mr toads

This my boy right here

we can make this happen anytime man

thunder mountain also

soooo fly down next week?

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    actually it would really heighten my already immense love for all the brer rabbit shit in splash mountain

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    desc

get sig high as fuuuuck

and then disney

mr toads

This my boy right here

thunder mountain also

soooo fly down next week?
    really regretting this new job rn

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    if you want good shit for the gym girl talk a++

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have All Day, yah

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Patch notes that are variations of "Several bug fixes and user experience improvements" should provide a legal defense for shooting the developer who wrote them.

All I want to know is did they fix that one bug that keeps freezing games in the middle of combat!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    the 3 novels based off of Myst were far better than they had any business being.

It was like back in the day when they got Mercedes Lackey to write a novel based off Wing Commander

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I dunno if I told chat this but when I went to Disneyland like 2 months ago with my cousin and his fiancée and teenaged kids, we went on haunted mansion

And at the part when you are going down and he says "there's always my way out" and the lightning flashes and the body is hanging, for a solid second and a half, no one screamed

And in that moment I was incensed

I was furious

And in the center of my being I said No

And I inhaled and then let out the loudest scream I could possibly manage and people around me started yelling in startled response

Fucking go on haunted mansion and not going to scream at the Lightning not in my fucking United States of America

desc on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hah wow so spoilers I guess for the Mad Max comic and how I am apparently reflexively perceptive
    During the movie it was sort of transparently obvious to me that Furiosa could do whatever because she was infertile - but that transparently obvious where you think you're wrong, in the same way it's transparently obvious that the song Reflection in Mulan is about trans people, because it fits so ridiculously perfectly, but you also know no one really thinks of trans people outside of media about trans people, so it's totally wrong and just would make a lot of sense.

APPARENTLY it's pretty heavily implied that Furiosa is infertile in the comic, so I feel vindicated.

Also it's rad to have a woman character taking something historically that would've made her worthless (and really, it does in the movies if that's the case, since that makes her expendable enough to be in the wastes) and have it be what makes her powerful. Also, great because it's a twist on historical narratives. Also great because I'm infertile so whee.

• Options
    desc

get sig high as fuuuuck

and then disney

mr toads

This my boy right here

thunder mountain also

Wait are you a so cal or something

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    WHAT A BIZARRE VIRUS
    super interesting because its lytic properties outpace the regenerative capacity of the sea star

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    WHAT A BIZARRE VIRUS
    super interesting because its lytic properties outpace the regenerative capacity of the sea star

I was just about to ask the science people if they'd learned more about it! Innnnteresting!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My first Rocket League goal was a thing of beauty.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    WHAT A BIZARRE VIRUS

I was just about to ask the science people if they'd learned more about it! Innnnteresting!
    oh i have no idea
    just that there is one PNAS paper that says is a densovirus which is related to parvo
    but im not a virus person
    ;_;

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Everyone here is secretly in so cal at all times

just

stuck in an In-N-Out drivethru

• Options
    WHAT A BIZARRE VIRUS

oh i have no idea
    just that there is one PNAS paper that says is a densovirus which is related to parvo
    but im not a virus person
    ;_;

That is the worst

I read an article on ligand-gated neurotransmitter receptors the other day and was like "I'm a neuroscientist, not a neurobiochemist ;-;" for the entire thing

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc were you high tho

• Options
    Gim wrote: »

just

The last time I went I timed myself and it was a 22 minute drive thru x_x

• Options

just

Were totes going thru it tho

• Options
    This game needs to be on Xbox One, bad.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    desc were you high tho

No sir

Kids and all

I kind of want an excuse to go back, you know, caning it

'Aving it proper

• Options

just

E-z

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    So right now at my job I am technically just an on-call employee, which means I can't regularly do more than 20 hours and no insurance or anything.

Now it's hopefully sounding like my bosses are going to open up a new position for me doing groundswork and facility maintenance, which by itself will just be 20 hours but will include delicious full state employee insurance. And since the big stumbling block on giving me other work projects was the whole can't-go-over-20-hours-or-he-gets-insurance thing, I could then be doing on-call work for various departments up to a full 40 hours a week. Which would be faaaabulous and I'm really kind of touched because to be honest I didn't really think my boss had my back and then it turns out she's been supporting the plan for this whole thing. The guy who I'd be working under came up and asked if I'd be interested, because he wants to hire someone from within the org that he already knows is a hard worker and invested in the place and etc etc, which was nice too.

Still don't know for sure that it'll happen, but it seems to be going ahead so far and getting budgeted out so it seems to be moving forward at this point. It's not exactly the job of my dreams but it's pleasant work at a place I like and that I'll be able to support myself with while continuing on with school.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

just

You know you're in trouble when you see the person with the portable menu thing and headset out on the street taking orders from people in line

And those places have SO MANY people working at all times, it just makes it that much more mind-boggling

Gim on
  • Options

just

Make desc take you to that fancy place in the mall where they refuse to serve him first

I liked that place

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    the 3 novels based off of Myst were far better than they had any business being.

It was like back in the day when they got Mercedes Lackey to write a novel based off Wing Commander
    I'll have to check those out sometime...and also the latter games that I haven't played...

Apparently a Myst TV show and/or movie are in the works. What I really want to see though is a Myst game/reality show. Like, build up real, 3 dimensional Myst levels, and then put people in them, and record them trying to solve them. It would be kinda like Legend of the Hidden Temple

• Options
    I think I found found my esport.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    So right now at my job I am technically just an on-call employee, which means I can't regularly do more than 20 hours and no insurance or anything.

Now it's hopefully sounding like my bosses are going to open up a new position for me doing groundswork and facility maintenance, which by itself will just be 20 hours but will include delicious full state employee insurance. And since the big stumbling block on giving me other work projects was the whole can't-go-over-20-hours-or-he-gets-insurance thing, I could then be doing on-call work for various departments up to a full 40 hours a week. Which would be faaaabulous and I'm really kind of touched because to be honest I didn't really think my boss had my back and then it turns out she's been supporting the plan for this whole thing. The guy who I'd be working under came up and asked if I'd be interested, because he wants to hire someone from within the org that he already knows is a hard worker and invested in the place and etc etc, which was nice too.

Still don't know for sure that it'll happen, but it seems to be going ahead so far and getting budgeted out so it seems to be moving forward at this point. It's not exactly the job of my dreams but it's pleasant work at a place I like and that I'll be able to support myself with while continuing on with school.

gl bro, hope this works out for you

• Options

just

Make desc take you to that fancy place in the mall where they refuse to serve him first

I liked that place

Wait what

The seafood pasta place?

We got a table

What even is this

I don't remember the details of that day due to malnutrition.

• Options
    Also SiG doesn't want to go to south coast plaza

You're all out of order right now

• Options
    Kana get hiiiiiireeeeed

• Options

Ooo, but Maggiano's!

• Options

just

I liked that place

Wait what

The seafood pasta place?

We got a table

What even is this

We did get a table, but the waiter assumed we were a couple and two people brought out our food and one put yours halfway onto the table, then paused and gestured to the other guy who served me, before putting your food down too. It was funny but also very weird.

Also I am insulted that you do not remember every detail of your encounter with my shining radiance.

(We basically just walked around looking for clothing shops, realized Christmas was in two days and we were in LA, ate, then spend two hours in a parking lot. It was really fun though and I'd love to do it again.)

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Rocket League is the best esport because it's usually fun even if you're bad

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

I thought it was on Xbone
    Is it not : (

• Options
    Shiv you are on east coast right now right?

Darn

• Options

Ooo, but Maggiano's!

Gim no one is going to south coast

You're all in contempt of court

• Options

just

I liked that place

Wait what

The seafood pasta place?

We got a table

What even is this

We did get a table, but the waiter assumed we were a couple and two people brought out our food and one put yours halfway onto the table, then paused and gestured to the other guy who served me, before putting your food down too. It was funny but also very weird.

Also I am insulted that you do not remember every detail of your encounter with my shining radiance.

(We basically just walked around looking for clothing shops, realized Christmas was in two days and we were in LA, ate, then spend two hours in a parking lot. It was really fun though and I'd love to do it again.)

Excuse me the waiters instinctually understood that I am a mafia don and you are a scientist bab and all was in accordance with those facts

I felt bad for that guy who was guiding traffic out of the parking lot

I bet he had a long day

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Fuck it, I'll go to South Coast right now!

*performs elaborate foley work to trick desc into thinking he has left the room*

Gim on
  • Options
    Shiv you are on east coast right now right?

Darn

Yeah : (

Gonna be for a while

If you're ever in DC let me know! Otherwise wait ten years until I'm settled in the PNW

This discussion has been closed.