As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gentlemen... let's carpool.

NarianNarian Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is a Carpoolers thread.

What is Carpoolers? The single best comedy on television right now. It airs Tuesdays on ABC at 8:30/7:30c.

Written by Bruce McCulloch, starring Jerry O'Connell, Jerry Minor and Fred Goss + more. If you do not watch it, start. If you do, post about how awesome it is in this thread.

Narian.gif
Narian on

• Options
    localh77localh77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Narian wrote: »
    The single best comedy on television right now.

I can only assume that you're joking.

localh77 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    localh77 wrote: »
    Narian wrote: »
    The single best comedy on television right now.

I can only assume that you're joking.

gotta be a joke... maybe he's a writer for the show....?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Last night's episdoe was decent.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Last night's episdoe was decent.

I'll give it a decent overall, but do we really need a full season, or three, of this?

Hell, I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm not going to watch it anyway. More than anything I'm just suprised more shows haven't already gotten the axe this season. The networks used to be more trigger happy. I remember last fall they pulled Drive after three episodes, but carpoolers and cavemen remain untouched. (not starting a flame war about how awesome/aweful Drive was, just using it as an example).

I think the show is a little too forced. That's my beef with it. Four guys who are best guy buds who happen to live in the same neighborhood who happen to work in the same place (building-wise) who have completely different personalities who etc, etc, etc.....

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Holy shit. So what comedies are on TV this season? Because I legitimately find it the funniest show on TV.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Office and House are both awesome.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I'll give you The Office because it can be really funny most of the time, but House is a drama (but it is hilarious and awesome).

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007

agreed....

also Chuck has been suprisingly good.

EDIT: Forgot about reaper and pushing daisies.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought this thread was going to be about taking some initiative to carpool with people.

I am disappointed.

Quid on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    I thought this thread was going to be about taking some initiative to carpool with people.

I am disappointed.

I thought this was about installation of an actual pool in a car.

I've heard portions of the show and I didn't find any of it witty or hilarious. It's one of those "cute comedy" shows. It's really shallow for my taste.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    RedShellRedShell Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've watched this show (because of the Bruce and Scott Thompson angle), and it has some high points, but it doesn't really know what it wants to be. It's *really* strange.

But it's distinctive. Just maybe not you'd-wanna-tune-in-all-the-time distinctive. And I like the dude who plays Marmaduke. And Jerry O'Connell took his shirt off last week like it's a good thing, but it kinda isn't, it's just scary. That guy has a BMI of -3,000.

I know you used to be fat, Jerry, but jesus.

RedShell on
    Homing In Imperfectly?
    Pokemans D/P: 1289 4685 0522
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

agreed....

also Chuck has been suprisingly good.

EDIT: Forgot about reaper and pushing daisies.

I agree. I feel dirty when I watch it because it's so obviously written by a bunch of douchebags in an office, with plenty of "secret" advertisement going on, but it's still surprisingly entertaining.

Maybe we should make a thread about Chuck.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png