As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome to [ArcheAge], Level 55 here we come!

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I hit level 50 last night! I've mostly been doing quests up until now, but I'm starting to regard that more as a way to kill time and fill out my teleport tome once I've burned all my labor points for the day. Does anyone actually use the clothing sets you get from the early blue salt quests?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    If you like the way they look you could use them as image items. Otherwise, no not really.

Now that you are 50, you'll want to get in on the Library raids that happen in the early evening (my time anyways, so I always miss it). You'll get tons of experience for yourself and any pet or mounts you want to level. Plus materials for higher level gear you'll be working towards.

Did you get into a guild? Having fun?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Patch today. We are inching our way toward 2.0. Whatever that means.
    ArcheAge Version 1.7 Build 6.6: Patch Notes

The Patch Notes for the Devouring Depths 1.7c Update are here! Learn more about Submarines, our new Glider Upgrade system, and more in the recordings below!

SUBMARINES
    * Submarines finally come to ArcheAge!
    * Submarines act as a hybrid of mounts and customizable ships for water travel. Two players can ride a submarine, and both riders can be wearing trade packs.
    * All 3 submarine designs can be purchased on Mirage Isle for 250 Gilda Stars.
    * A limited time event submarine, the Copper Steamfish Submarine, will be available through the SOS Lifeguard event coming July 21 through August 4th. This submarine cannot equip customizations.
    * For a full writeup detailing Submarines, see the article here.

GLIDER UPGRADE SYSTEM
    * Glider stats can now be enhanced through the Glider Upgrade System at a Carpentry Workbench!
    * The first level of enhancement upgrades all flight stats to High.
    * A second level of enhancement can be attempted to increase a single stat to Very High.
    * NA/EU have added the ability to craft the wingmaker scroll to revert a sub-optimal second tier glider enhancement.
    * For a full description of the Glider Upgrade System, see the article here.

NEW DAILY MERIT QUEST
    * Added a new daily Merit Quest that allows you to spend 1000 Labor to receive 1 Merit Badge and 1 empty bottle. The empty bottle can be used to convert 1 12-hour cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion into 1 bound no-cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion.

GENERAL
    * Permanently added the Divine Blessings benefit to Patrons: Patrons can now obtain three additional Loyalty Tokens per day. To claim these tokens, adventurers will have to click a new UI button in the corner of their screen. You may click this button once per hour to claim one token.
    * Leviathan and other raid monsters can now remove certain blocking items in close range - such as trade packs dropped to block pathing.
    * Arcane Relic Trade Pack now has an appropriate Labor cost when sold.
    * Corrected the speed on Green Elks to 9.0m/s to match other starting mounts.
    * Fixed Honor Point Boost potions not applying the bonus in Arenas.
    * Fixed the Crimson Lightning Essence Fragments not combining properly into a Crimson Lightning Essence.
    * Auramancy: The Unassailable skill was not triggering as often as intended and has been increased.
    * Fixed Fish Finder not showing fish schools on some sea maps.
    * Added the Mining Drill item to Vocation Badge vendors. This item can be placed to generate stone, ore, and gems for mining.
    * Merit Quests: Party Challenge: Fixed the Grimghast Rift Rank 1 quest not completing properly.
    * Serpentis: Carmila's Dark Deadly Poison effect should now be more visible.
    * Anthalon: Corrected the name display of the Necromantic Flame skill.
    * All car speeds are set to 30 m/s.
    * Rowboat tooltip now states that "Using Shatagon's Sand has a 5-minute cooldown."

PVP
    * Jola's Eternal Grudge may no longer be used in Arenas.

LOCALIZATION
    * Our German localization has undergone significant revisions.
    * Pet Potholders have been renamed to Pawtholders.

DISPLAY
    * Corrected a darkened neck texture on Firran female models when wearing certain costumes.
    * Also corrected an error on the Firran female skin tone selection in character creation.
    * Fixed a Marketplace Preview display issue in DX11 where the background did not render properly.

Bolded one thing there because maybe I can properly not die immediately against Carmila requiring someone (probably Delarme) to stealth/res me over and over.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    This is a global announcement that just went out, transcribed verbatim
    Are your knees weak, arms spaghetti? What if you had one shot to capture the spaghetti? Now's your chance, double XP weekend starts in one hour. Mom's spaghetti?

I just... I don't...

I saw that and immediately logged out.

It was lunch time though.

I didn't get spaghetti.

I got my merchant schooner three days ago. Took it on its first run the next day. Got to safe port, immediately griefed by reds and annoying greens. Called to arms willing guild mates. They swooped in in a matter of seconds. We ended up turning in all 21 packs and destroying multiple enemy vessels.

Good fun. I can't believe I forgot to shadowplay record the events. I took a couple screenshots but they weren't very exciting. Just me driving my ship into the coast so they couldn't move it while guild mates removed packs onto carts.

So, thanks for the assistance, especially catadmirer who was there from the start and delivered the most important heals at the beginning of the fight or it would have been all for naught!

The word is 2.0 comes in September, I guess.

In the mean time, have yourself an interesting update:
    ArcheAge Version 1.7 Build 6.8 Patch Notes
    Greetings Adventurers!

Below are the ArcheAge patch notes for our latest update to the Devouring Depths. This update adds in the previewed Blue Salt Festival, re-awakens the flames of the Red Dragon, and makes changes to the game’s security program. Read on for the full details!

SECURITY PROGRAM CHANGE

This update will remove HackShield. HackShield has reached the end of its support life cycle from AhnLabs, and the group has decided to move out of the online game security business.

As some of you may be aware, the Korean version of ArcheAge has made the decision to adopt GameGuard in place of HackShield. We are testing GameGuard extensively on our internal environments, but we have requested additional functionality and stability requirements before we officially add it to our version of the game. We will not add GameGuard to ArcheAge until those requirements have been met.

In addition to GameGuard, we are also pursuing alternate security methods and additional interim solutions. We intend for any inclusion of GameGuard to be a temporary solution until an alternate solution can be found.

BLUE SALT FESTIVAL
    The Blue Salt Festival, a celebration of sun, sand, and salty sea air, is underway in Sanddeep!
    Either travel to Sanddeep directly, or speak with the Blue Salt Representative at the Ezi's Light in Austera, Ezna, or Diamond Shores to receive a teleport scroll.
    The event is set up on the barrier island just off the shore of Blueglass. Various NPCs offer quests to participate in sand castle building, mural painting, and beach defense!
    Build sand castles that provide hour-long buffs to players once completed, paint murals to obtain art for your home, and collect festival coins that you can trade in for furniture items, a plushie pet, or special time-limited vehicles and mounts from the exchange machine set up on the beach!
    Feeling in need of a break from the sun? Enjoy some well-seasoned chicken and refreshing drinks seaside for an additional buff to your good health.

RETURN OF THE RED DRAGON EVENT
    The Red Dragon has re-awoken, and rumors abound of dragon sightings around Erenor.
    Three times daily (15:00, 19:00, and 23:00 UTC), the Ghost of the Red Dragon appears in Lilyut Hills, Tigerspine Mountains, Stormraw Sound, and Mirage Isle. The dragon's appearance also causes local dragonslayer NPCs to come forth.
    Speak with a dragon slayer to receive a quest and a special bow used to damage the spectral beast.
    When the Ghost of the Red Dragon is driven away, obtain the Red Dragon's Breath and return to the dragon slayer for a reward chest.
    Each character can participate in driving away the dragon's ghost once per day. The event lasts for approximately 10 minutes each spawn.
    Reward chests contain Red Dragon Scales that can be used to craft the Red Dragon's Legacy cloak. These scales can be used to complete a cloak left unfinished from the previous event. The chests also have a rare chance of dropping the Enraged Red Dragon's Legacy cloak item.
    NOTE: This event may be extended based on planned outage times.
    This event will run on the following four weekends:
    August 20 - August 23
    August 27 - August 30
    September 3 - September 6
    September 17 - September 20
    RED DRAGON
    Decreased the health and mana regeneration on the Red Dragon to match current Korea region balance.

DROP RATE INCREASES
    Increased spawn rate of Black Pearls on Aquafarms. This item will still remain rare, but will be more attainable than before.
    Increased drop rate of Haunted Chests on Auroria.
    Increased drop rate of Fusciafin from Dahuta in the Sea of Drowned Love.

GENERAL
    Maximum character slots per server have been increased to 6 from 4. The maximum number of character slots per account remains at 6.
    Submarines: Torpedo can now attack against members of the same faction when in Bloodlust mode.
    Bug fix: Broad Reduction effect was being applied to Ode to Recovery and Mend skills, and is no longer applied.
    Fixed a bug where items in your inventory, warehouse, or storage chests were rearranged on each login.
    Fixed a case of client shutdown when teleporting.
    Fixed a case of client shutdown when harvesting Skyreach Woodlots.
    Fixed a floating desk in Villanelle.
    Fixed an incorrect graphic on male Firrans when wearing the Summer Racer's Swimwear.
    Fixed a location that caused characters to fall through the world in Ynystere.
    Fixed a location that caused characters to fall through the world in Golden Ruins.
    Ship summon scrolls now state how many passengers they can hold before losing buoyancy.{/spoiler]

Archeage: Release the Hackers edition.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Loaded the game up yesterday and now I'm hooked.

If I wanted to spend some money on the game, what would be the best bang for my buck?

Is the Steam Explorer pack worth it? Or should I get the SIlver Depths Pack? Or would 90 days of Patron Status be more valuable?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Also, I was following the guide to get my donkey and the Trading Guide NPC didn't give me the trade run quest. Am I missing something?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    @Beltaine I see your questions and I have answers, I assure you. I'm away from my computer so I want to wait to make sure I give precisely accurate info especially on current ways to give money to the game.

For your donkey, double check your inventory, you might have recorded it already? I can't remember if they changed how those quests work or not but it can be confusing following guides online because a lot of things have been changed along the course of updates.

By chance are you on server Ollo? Can provide in game assistance there or Dahuta if you went there on the Euro servers.

2.0 is bearing down on us! Current patch notes here. This all goes live next week, with a land rush, housing changes, crafting changes, all sorts of new stuff. It's really rather exciting that a year later after launch there is so much effort being put forth by the developers. :)

It is really too long for the forums here, but quick highlights include:

Hero System, basically a political/power user popularity contest. I expect everyone to vote for me, k thx.

Guild Leveling, wherein guilds can rank up to get buffs and other incentives but get limited to 100 members because now there's the chance/opportunity for guild v. guild wars where nowhere is safe if your guild gets declared on.

Housing, oh my god I love the changes and additions here, you should really read all about it and even log onto PTS and try to find some land or ask someone to demo so you can try it out. I'll be upgrading my thatched farmhouse into a mining specialty farmhouse as soon as possible.

Diamond Shores goes BOOM!, and all the housing is removed in that zone and replaced with two faction castles and some other housing spots and it's just all crazy and I don't understand all of it.

Pet Accessories and such, there be upgrades for yer battlepets/mounts!

Class changes, tons of "balancing", we'll see how all that goes...

Quests, new ones have been added.

GEAR!!!!, the salvage system has been completely reworked and is a little complicated if you don't just wipe your brain of the previous system. Also, some new Auroria gear and lunagems too numerous to mention.

Lots of other stuff, new healer gear from Serpentis as well as a new system for entering dungeons with a soft limit on the amount of times you can do them per day (meaning you can pay to do more than the allotted amount per day if you so choose), and the addition of "Greater" versions of Sharpwind Mines, Palace Cellar, Hadir Farms, Burnt Castle Armory, and Kroloal Cradle. That's all very interesting to me!

A bunch of other stuff too, the notes are long but worth the read. If you are thinking of returning, now is the time, get yourself into our secondary guild "Invictus" or join another guild even, the server mergers are coming and you'll want to secure a spot in a guild with numbers before everyone else takes the spots. But you can always just join us as well, /whisper Xixi if you need anything, I'm always willing to help. Except for the rest of today, as I'm going out of town for the evening. :snap:

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Downside is I quit the guild because they kicked out less than active members with the intention of us joining up a second wheel guild.

I have no interest in being a second wheel.

Yes, the guild mechanics that are being introduced are causing this issue. It would have been nice if they could have made a system whereby you can still have your total number of members be high but perhaps have a rank within the guild that is limited for the purposes of the inter guild wars and such, which is what XL is of course using as the reason to cap the guilds. You wouldn't want a 500 member guild declaring war on a 100 member guild. But in my mind they could have simply expanded the use of the current rank system.

I can always add you back to merchwater!

Its really how you setup your guild though. I don't think that relentless has an interest in maintaining its community over trying to get every little competitive edge it can.

You can split your guild up to get under the 100 person cap, but you cant split up in a way that leaves members out. They chose the second option, so I chose to leave. A better way to split is to split evenly as possible keeping a healthy set of active members in both your guilds. Yes it makes you a bit weaker in the gvg aspect but it keeps you together and lets you contest the world events better. Plus you make it more than twice as expensive for enemies to declare war on both your guilds.

There are a bunch of other options out there too, you would be surprised how many people start pming you when you don't have a guild tag :o.

Yeah, absolutely there is a focus from the top with Relentless on min/max ultra PVP end game content over the other aspects of the game. I kind of go back and forth between the extremes week by week personally.

So, I hope the servers come back on at the scheduled time on Saturday. I'm totally trying for prime Diamond Shores real estate.

• MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Yea, I think they were way too heavy-handed with the culling for the new guild limit. It sounds like they went through and booted anyone who hadn't logged in in X number of days. I play every day and I've never seen anywhere close to 100 people active. Maybe it's different during the work day when I'm not on.

I understand Delarme and Aubergine were both gkicked. I probably won't be far behind since I never join any of the raids to go waste time at world bosses or whatever xD

Update is available, it is 1.32 GB. Get it now so you aren't frustrated waiting on it when the servers come back on!

And, yeah, I have a feeling the guild structure limitations kind of freaked out those in charge. I've got some theories about what will be happening going forward, but it's all unsubstantiated conjecture at this point.

Anyone else going to try for some shiny new land?

Update Report:

ATTENTION:

9/11 4:28 PM Update: The Update 2.0 patch is now available. Open Glyph and start getting yourselves patched! There will be another small download added within the next 12 hours(~300 mb), but the bulk of the update is here!

The secondary patch isn't up yet, but if you are doing the land rush, you'll want to be sure to have it installed before time to log in.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Neat, will be checking things out tomorrow. In the mean time, this is pretty neat though I'm a sucker for numbers and charts.
    aa_infographic.jpg

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Mini update just happened, it was only 62.9 MB for me, so I'm not sure if it was really the one they mentioned or just some other random thing that needed updated...

And, yeah, that info dump is pretty interesting!

Wellllll....I did get a house placed...

Crash boom, bishhhhhhhhhh (unplug).

Welcome to patch day, also evolution. Or the internet storm of the century.

We had fun in our teamspeak at least...

Oops, I guess I "didn't" get any land afterall. Rollback initiated!

• triathtriath Registered User regular
    Looks like I'll give the 2.0 patch a go because why the hell not. Haven't played since launch so will be amusing to see all the changes for a little while. Wish I was in a guild though as that usually makes it more interesting.

triath wrote: »
    Looks like I'll give the 2.0 patch a go because why the hell not. Haven't played since launch so will be amusing to see all the changes for a little while. Wish I was in a guild though as that usually makes it more interesting.

Are you on Ollo? I probably can't get you a spot in our guild but I can get you in on things like dungeons and such when I'm on at least.

2.0 seems like a very different game from launch with all the intermediary changes as well. Lots of interesting paths to enjoy the game though and apparently they even fixed it so fishing is back as a viable way to play again. I haven't tested the theory as yet though.

edited September 2015
    My old characters are on Aranzeb. Can't seem to make a new Char on any of the other servers.

triath on
    Yeah, there's a limit on the amount of characters you can have per account. I'm sure Aranzeb is a fine server with plenty of classy people to play with though. :)

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    hey Aubergine here, I noticed my alt was kicked from Merchwater, any chance I can get him back in? lethalpoison is his name. I think Lendral has some alts he'd like added again too

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    hey Aubergine here, I noticed my alt was kicked from Merchwater, any chance I can get him back in? lethalpoison is his name. I think Lendral has some alts he'd like added again too

Yeah, I can take care of that tomorrow if I catch you guys on sometime. Or whoever else is in the guild still should be able to do it, I made just about everyone have invite privileges. :)

Finally built my improved farmhouse last night.

So.
    Much.
    Stone.

UPDATE!:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?240567-ArcheAge-Version-2.0-Build-7.1-Patch-Notes-Hallowtide&p=2046191#post2046191
    ArcheAge Version 2.0, Build 7.1 Patch Notes -- Hallowtide
    ArcheAge Version 2.0, Build 7.1 Patch Notes -- Hallowtide

Known Issues
    There is an issue with the candy-throwing Hallowtide Arena quests in Two Crowns where the quest goals do not properly appear. For both quests, the quest tracker should state -- Complete One: Fill a jack o' lantern first to earn a Treasure Chest. Fill a jack o' lantern second to earn a Shabby Treasure Chest.
    The Larceny quests related to the uncommon Library Bags cannot currently be completed, as those items have been removed from the game. XL is aware of this issue and will be correcting those in a future update.

Hallowtide Approaches -- October 20 to November 3
    "The leaves shall fall as the wind turns cold, yet here is another adventurer so bold. So cool and calm as they patrol the night, but as Hallowtide comes, you’re in for a fright! The dead shall walk and the souls need tended, for we’ll need your help to keep Erenor defended."

From Tuesday, October 20th to November 3rd, the citizens of Two Crowns and the Solis Headlands will celebrate the coming of Hallowtide! Look for more information on this event in a new article coming later this week!

Daily Login Rewards are now available!
    "Sometimes it's not about overwhelming power. Sometimes it's just about perseverance."

Logging in ArcheAge each day now comes with a few more perks above loyalty tokens! Log in and check the event calendar in the bottom right hand corner to claim a new prize each day by clicking the "Login Tracker" button. The days logged in are cumulative, so if you miss a day during the month it won't break your streak. This month's prizes are candies!

At 6, 12, and 18 days logged in cumulatively in a month, you will also receive Merit Badges. Don't forget to log in and click that button once per day!

Library item drops have been fixed
    "What do you mean they ran out of bags? It's the Ayanad Library! The scholars have to store their research SOMEWHERE!"

Adventurers, we apologize, but Update 2.0 introduced a bug that caused newly redesigned Library drops to fail to appear in the Library. This bug has been addressed, and here's what you can now expect from your Library Expeditions:
    The Library Bags (uncommon/green) have been removed. They have been replaced by Research Crates.
    Archeum Motes and Dusts will no longer drop from Library Safes.

Research Material Crates now drop from Library Coinpurses. They include the following:
    Librarian's Research Materials Crate: Drops Ayanad Costume Scraps, Archeum, Regrade Stones, Lunagem Materials, and other materials that previously dropped from bags. Drops from the first floor.
    Scholar's Research Materials Crate: Drops Enchanted Skeins, Archeum, Regrade Stones, Lunagem Materials, and other materials that previously dropped from bags. Drops from the second floor.
    Dean's Research Materials Crate: Drops Disciple's Tears, Archeum, Regrade Stones, Lunagem Materials, and other materials that previously dropped from bags. Drops from the third floor.

General Changes
    The skills Triple Slash, Rapid Strikes, Mana Stars, and Endless Arrows have been set to their Korean equivalents in skill functionality. Tap the key once to issue a single strike from the combination. Hold down the key to rapidly perform strikes. You are no longer committed to the full combo of shots after pressing the key once.
    Hasla Tier 2 and Tier 3 gear have been re-enabled across all servers.
    Lavaspark is now able to wear battle pet armor.
    Hero's Dignity now only counts down when the user is online.
    Fixed tooltips on the Hound of Kyrios Statue and Anthalon Statue.
    Fixed an issue that could cause the opening video to be unskippable.
    You can no longer harpoon a harpoon to create Harpoonception. (RIP flying ships.)
    Harpoonception will be the name of our next indie ArcheAge soundtrack cover band.

Items
    The Yuletide Hauler has been fixed and can be driven once more! Go deliver all of those trade packs to the good boys and girls of Erenor!
    Fixed an incorrect category listing on the Auction House for the Glowing Sealed Delphinad Necklace and the Glowing Sealed Delphinad Earring.
    The Gilt Blackwood Coffins now restore 150 labor when slept in (up from 80.)
    The Feathered Glider is now included in the glider upgrade process.
    Fixed item skill errors on the Enhanced Corrupt Ally's Wings: Gliding and Enhanced Corrupt Ally's Wings: Turning models.
    The materials required to craft Archeum Supply Packs (Faint, Clear, Lucid, Pioneer's, and Pirate's) have been drastically reduced. Archeum Dusts are now the main component.

Quests
    Fixed an issue that could cause "Burden of Proof" to become stuck.
    Fixed an issue that could cause "Portal Trouble" unable to be attained.

Recurring Events
    Battle for the Golden Plains -- After building a stronghold, the area is now protected for 5 minutes.
    Crimson Rift -- Fixed an issue where you couldn't receive Crimson Altar Energy from the Crimson Rift.

Achievements
    Fixed the Book Collector achievement from being unattainable.

Made a new character on Ollo but I went East because I don't know what you guys are anyways.

Most of us are West in guild Relentless. But not all. At least a couple here are East and the guilds are varying as time goes on too.

Definitely find yourself a guild if you are just starting so you have people to talk to. The game is immensely more fun with other people in my opinion. It's a never ending list of various grinds so you have to have good conversation or it just becomes Farmville 3D.

Are blockades even much of a thing on Ollo anymore?

• MandresMandres Registered User regular

Are blockades even much of a thing on Ollo anymore?

Not really from what I've seen. I think TT6 went to Kyrios and have pulling their same old tricks over there though. Glad to see they're finally addressing it.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Fond memories of people going to court for murder, and quickly getting found innocent because all their murders were TT6.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So...

That sounds like a dumb thing? Cause that's sort of how it should work what with the naval PvP combat. How exactly are they going to enforce this when most of their player base probably does it?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Who all is still playing? I basically have just been logging every day to flip my water buffaloes, do a couple daily things and afk craft the rest of my labor.

I'm thinking I've just about played all I want out of the game. Other things are pulling my attention more and more.