As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Edumacation

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    University of Phoenix Online.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    SUNY Potsdam.
    It has everything I want: My major, a student-run radio station, and it's nowhere near home.

Me Too! on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    oh my, i'm amazed you found one that met those requirements, those are pretty strict

potatoe on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My university is 2 and a half hours away from home which is the perfect distance. Just far enough that I don't have to visit very often but close enough so that I do not have to drive all day if I want to go home.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited October 2007
    (sotar goes home every weekend to visit his mommy who he misses every second of every day)

potatoe on
    edited October 2007
    naa it's once a month if that.

• skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, I got accepted for an MA at the University of Newcastle, which is good, but it's not the best Uni I want for my MA>

Unfortunately, Exeter and Warwick take 6-8 weeks to tell me if I'm in or not, bastards.

skinny87 on
    edited October 2007
    And part of that is only because I am 19 and I STILL have to wear goddamned braces. My teeth just do not want to move.

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Air wrote: »
    scarlet can you tell me how much does a mobile cost there
    can you easily get a prepaid or somethin for a couple hundred bucks or what

people tell me that phones cost a lot there and are always on contract but they are japanese people and i dont trust them

My friend is here for a month so I will ask her how much she got her prepaid from Softbank for (i think it was softbank).

t skinny I am here till next July/August.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My university is 2 and a half hours away from home which is the perfect distance. Just far enough that I don't have to visit very often but close enough so that I do not have to drive all day if I want to go home.

Ding ding, we have a winner.

I realized this when I was 1 hour and 30 mins away. You're far enough away that your two lives are completely seperate, but you can visit home any time you want.

IE - you want dinner, you need to pick something up, you wanna fuck your ex gf, etc.

Wise_a on
    edited October 2007
    And part of that is only because I am 19 and I STILL have to wear goddamned braces. My teeth just do not want to move.

Had mine for three and a half years. I know how you feel, dawg. As much as you hate them, they are definitely worth it though.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited October 2007
    yeah the good news is that the top half MAY come off next month. However I will still have the bottom portion for another 6 months it looks like.

• futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    I need to finish writing curriculum for 2 classes that started a good 5 weeks ago. =(

futility on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    oh cool do that
    maybe pm me an answer

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »

I realized this when I was 1 hour and 30 mins away. You're far enough away that your two lives are completely seperate, but you can visit home any time you want.

IE - you want dinner, you need to pick something up, you wanna fuck your ex gf, etc.

I'm going to be a little too far away for that, something like 3 and a half or 4 hours from home.
    It's fine with me, though. I really don't want to come back here.

Me Too! on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wish they had those invisalign braces when I was kid, or my parents let me get those. Instead of my awkward retainer and braces for 4 years of elementary/middle school shame. I'm glad my teeth are straight though, all is good except for the slight discoloration from smoking.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lol! wrote: »

I'm going to be a little too far away for that, something like 3 and a half or 4 hours from home.
    It's fine with me, though. These wounds they will not heal

I feel you, dawg.

NotASenator on
    edited October 2007
    yeah the good news is that the top half MAY come off next month. However I will still have the bottom portion for another 6 months it looks like.

My orthodontist was kind of an ass and once I got mine off he gave me the ole "now wear your retainer and take care of those teeth or you'll have to get them back on." I told him he's nuts if he thinks I am ever setting foot in this office again.

Butters on
    edited October 2007
    Not in an emo way, there's just no reason for me to come back except for holidays.

Me Too! on
    edited October 2007
    Yeah i love my parents but after 19 years with them, I don't wanna go back every weekend.

edited October 2007
    Except for good food, getting to have sex with your HS sex partner, getting to see your family / pets, and basically just getting to relax. Going home from college is like returning from war, your parents are happy to see you, none of the old bullshit will be there, and you'll get whatever you want.

Wise_a on
    edited October 2007
    Yeah i love my parents but after 19 years with them, I don't wanna go back every weekend.

Listen, I'm done with college. I can honestly say I felt like you do at the beginning, but your view will change once you start getting closer to graduation.

Wise_a on
  • skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh god.

Have you ever got that point in an essay where you stare at it and don't know what the fuck you're writing about?

skinny87 on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    last time i felt like that i got an A

i don't know

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    You have transcended the subject matter.

Or you are fucking rambling.

NotASenator on
    edited October 2007
    some professors like rambling

i'm still confused as to why i got a check plus/check plus on my Great Works paper on Gilgamesh. 30% of my paper was literally a list of the names of gods. half of it was rambling. a bit contained some observations that I later turned into a thesis by adding three sentences.

somehow she liked it.

Faricazy on
  • SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I remember one time I spent 4 hours and wrote a 6 page essay
    bullshitting along
    and I got a B

the next time i actually read the materials and spend 11 hours on a 7 page essay and he gave me a D

same prof

I was so angry

angry at the mockery of education
    then and there i knew it was a lie

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited October 2007
    my professors don't accept rambling, you have to be concise and to the point

i've seen students get papers back with half of the paper crossed out because they rambled and bullshitted too much

potatoe on
    edited October 2007

Listen, I'm done with college. I can honestly say I felt like you do at the beginning, but your view will change once you start getting closer to graduation.

Yeah a bit but I still didn't want to go back every weekend.

Butters on
    edited October 2007
    the key to bullshitting is to not leave the waters of your original point

swim in the vicinity

like a shark

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    my analogy is awesome doggies

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    My dad always told me that school was to teach you to follow instructions so you could get a job later on, and that anything worth learning you'd find out on your own.

NotASenator on
    edited October 2007
    what if I need to get onto the land of my conclusion

don't i need to be a bear to walk on land

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited October 2007
    Well that's not so true. I learned a lot from philosophy courses and history courses and great works but mostly history courses.

there should be more history courses.

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    I think he was mostly trying to turn me against my mom, who is a teacher.

NotASenator on
    edited October 2007
    nice

Faricazy on
    edited October 2007
    did your mom have a nice ass

Seph on
    doit.png
    edited October 2007