As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Brotherhood: Whoa! What is this?!?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    man when have they shown a new character and then not shown his/her moves shortly thereafter
    I'm pretty sure there was a decent delay on both Wario and Pit, and definitely on ZSS.

Speed Racer on
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Kor wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being a dick, or generalizing or something...

But does anyone notice that the crowd in the thread right now is actually healthy... Sorta... you know... after bed-time. >.>

what does this even mean

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Lucas doesn't count, because he will probably have a moveset similar to, if not identical to, Ness

Lies.

if he's replacing Ness with Lucas, then they're going to have to be at least similar.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tonight? New Item, or assist.
    I'm thinking item.

redfenix on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faustum wrote: »

But does anyone notice that the crowd in the thread right now is actually healthy... Sorta... you know... after bed-time. >.>

what does this even mean

I believe that he is suggesting that all of the annoying shit in the smash thread is due to posters in it that are too young to stay up this late, like 12-year-olds and such.

Speed Racer on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think what Kor is saying is this thread is less bitchy at night because all the whiny kids are in bed

except for rancid

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Dusda wrote: »
    I must admit I did not see King Dedede coming. Like, I once considered an 'eat my cock' sort of quote about it.

Why? I mean, He's Kirby's Bowser.

Kirby doesn't really have a set Bowser character.

If anything, he's Kirby's Wario. Or something. I dunno. But he isn't even usually the villian. In fact, I thought Kirby villians were usually one-offs or something? Even Metaknight is usually shown as more of an honorable rival.

Dedede has been the main villain before, but he's not such a bad guy anymore. He stole the Star Rod in Kirby's Adventure, but it was only to protect it from Nightmare, and he was actually an ally in Kirby 64.

Bowser's been gradually softening up over the years as well, and became a playable ally years before Dedede.

That's true, but only in the spin-offs. In the main series games he has always been portrayed as evil.

mntorankusu on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Well for one, there are these things called time zones.

And two, a lot more of us than you would assume have long been graduated from high school.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I must admit I did not see King Dedede coming. Like, I once considered an 'eat my cock' sort of quote about it.

If anything, he's Kirby's Wario. Or something. I dunno. But he isn't even usually the villian. In fact, I thought Kirby villians were usually one-offs or something? Even Metaknight is usually shown as more of an honorable rival.

Dedede has been the main villain before, but he's not such a bad guy anymore. He stole the Star Rod in Kirby's Adventure, but it was only to protect it from Nightmare, and he was actually an ally in Kirby 64.

Bowser's been gradually softening up over the years as well, and became a playable ally years before Dedede.

Dedede is definitely the most memorable Kirby Boss but unless I'm mistaken the one that appears in the most games is actually Whispy Woods who due to being rooted cannot be anything more than a boss in SSBB

Ohtsam on
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

I believe that he is suggesting that all of the annoying shit in the smash thread is due to posters in it that are too young to stay up this late, like 12-year-olds and such.

Well then that is completely untrue, I am a college-going young man intending to stay up for the update only to wake up at 6:30 for class and I am still here and annoying as ever

Faustum on
    sigoj3.gif
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guessing Dedede's moves for tonight seems to be a good idea.

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Lucas doesn't count, because he will probably have a moveset similar to, if not identical to, Ness

Lies.

if he's replacing Ness with Lucas, then they're going to have to be at least similar.

Nononononono.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited October 2007

That's true, but only in the spin-offs. In the main series games he has always been portrayed as evil.
    I dunno, in Sunshine he was pretty much just kickin' back in a hot-tub for the entire game. He didn't know what was going on until you got there.

Speed Racer on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Quite... like sorta the crowd we picked up from smashboards, Nsider, or whatever, that come over with arguements and exclamations, but no actual discussion. >.>

I feel like a jerk saying it, because I'm usually pretty against the whole age discrepency thing... but man... this thread has sucked balls quite a bit these past few weeks.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I dunno, in Sunshine he was pretty much just kickin' back in a hot-tub for the entire game. He didn't know what was going on until you got there.

Well yeah, he was on vacation and his son started stirring up shit.

mntorankusu on
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have Nsider. Ha!

I think the three Kirby characters represent the series for Brawl well enough. I don't really expect another unless Brawl is going to have 50 characters.

MiserableMirth on
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Well then that is completely untrue, I am a college-going young man intending to stay up for the update only to wake up at 6:30 for class and I am still here and annoying as ever

hey Faustum

I'm still going to stomp your monkey ass, but with King Dedede now

change your sig

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Quite... like sorta the crowd we picked up from smashboards, Nsider, or whatever, that come over with arguements and exclamations, but no actual discussion. >.>

I feel like a jerk saying it, because I'm usually pretty against the whole age discrepency thing... but man... this thread has sucked balls quite a bit these past few weeks.

I'll admit it does go of tangent quite a bit.

I mean now I know things about Krystal I never wanted to.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited October 2007

Plus, its hard to argue that it only happens in spin-offs, when a game series has more spin-offs than main story.

We went from SMB 1-3, Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and now Mario Galaxy. VS 3 Paper Marios, 2 Mario & Luigis, and 1 Legend of Seven Stars.

Kor on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

I dunno, you kind of sound nostalgic to me. Sounds like you want to talk about whether items are fun or not, or the differences between time and stock mode.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kor, your sig makes me chuckle a little just because of Samus

Everyone has some expression on their face and you can see their eyes

And then there's Samus's expressionless glowing visor

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Don't worry Kor, I shall be here every night to tell you it will be alright....hey that kinda rhymed in a creepy way.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited October 2007
    I just personally don't like to consider the RPGs canonical of how much of a wuss Bowser really is.

"I JUST WANT THE PRINCESS TO LIKE ME BOO HOO"

He's supposed to be awesome. END OF STORY.

mntorankusu on
    edited October 2007
    You know what? Fuck it. Constantly guessing Fox's final smash worked, as did constantly guessing Little Mac (though not exactly as we wanted it). Therefore, from now until the game is released, my guess every night shall be

Newcomer: Leon S. Kennedy

The S stands for "motherfuckin'"!

Speed Racer on
    edited October 2007
    BlueBlue wrote: »

what does this even mean

I dunno, you kind of sound nostalgic to me. Sounds like you want to talk about whether items are fun or not, or the differences between time and stock mode.

Time Mode is flawed and Stock mode is superior.

The very fact that characters with ranged attacks can steal kills destroys any fun I have in time mode.

King Riptor on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought he was pretty awesome in SMRPG

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited October 2007
    the difference is, MP, both of those guesses were in the realm of possibility

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Exactly the opposite.

I want the item discussion to be over. Sure it gets brought up every once in a while (used to be every 3 weeks or so) and we'd flush it out again, coming to the same conclusions... but now its been brought up like 2 dozen times in the past 2 weeks.

And I never knew there could be a discussion between time and stock. :P

I dunno, I just noticed a crap ton of people making the same points... but no one was ever reading anything but their own words, so you'd see someone make the same point that was written on the last page and... I dunno...

I'm just saying this thread has seen better days.

Kor on
    edited October 2007

That's true. But he still cried whenever he thought no one was looking.

mntorankusu on
    edited October 2007

Damn it let me dream

Speed Racer on
    edited October 2007
    I fixed it for you sugarpie

Even though he does sort of fly... hes still a penguin

Faustum on
    sigoj3.gif
    edited October 2007
    You know what? Fuck it. Constantly guessing Fox's final smash worked, as did constantly guessing Little Mac (though not exactly as we wanted it). Therefore, from now until the game is released, my guess every night shall be

Newcomer: Leon S. Kennedy

The S stands for "motherfuckin' " !

It'll be tough. I was tempted so many times to change it up. It takes a strong person to keep at it.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

what does this even mean

Exactly the opposite.

I want the item discussion to be over. Sure it gets brought up every once in a while (used to be every 3 weeks or so) and we'd flush it out again, coming to the same conclusions... but now its been brought up like 2 dozen times in the past 2 weeks.

And I never knew there could be a discussion between time and stock. :P

I dunno, I just noticed a crap ton of people making the same points... but no one was ever reading anything but their own words, so you'd see someone make the same point that was written on the last page and... I dunno...

I'm just saying this thread has seen better days.

We're not exactly past it. It will most certainly be brought up again, as we near the tournament. Of course, it will doubtless happen many more times between then.

Out of curiosity, though, what are the better days of which you speak? What line of discussion has been your favorite?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think the best combination for Bowser is funny yet still evil. I'm also not a fun of the boo-hoo'ing seen in the RPGs.

MiserableMirth on
    edited October 2007

Don't we all?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited October 2007

Damn it let me dream

I shall do this and give you Leon's final smash.

Final Smash : Why doesn't anybody listen to me?!

Leon says this then tries to hit on any female character. He fails miserably
    Then he elbows everyone in the face and say's "You're all small time!"

King Riptor on
  • GingeyGingey Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So it's rumored that Sheik is back in the game. Do you think you will still be able to transform into Sheik at will with Down+B, or could that possibly be part of Zelda's Final Smash? (Something along the lines of Samus getting the Smash Ball//Turning into ZSS)

Gingey on
    PSN - Gingeyy
    Wii Code - 5752 2082 7344 0751
    496697-1.png
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

He spouts haiku. That more than makes up for any amount of tears.

Cantide on
    edited October 2007
    Gingey wrote: »
    So it's rumored that Sheik is back in the game. Do you think you will still be able to transform into Sheik at will with Down+B, or could that possibly be part of Zelda's Final Smash? (Something along the lines of Samus getting the Smash Ball//Turning into ZSS)

Shiek is going to be an assist, not a playable character.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Captain CrunchCaptain Crunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I fixed it for you sugarpie

Even though he does sort of fly... hes still a penguin

Shoe will beat your chimp ass

Captain Crunch on
This discussion has been closed.