As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PHALLA DEAD] Here lies Oregon Phalla, RIP

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin wrote: »
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?
    Hehe. Left behind because I was too bored with the game to post.

They are all so going to die.

Do you read even your own posts?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    And I'm posting more here because it is more interesting for me to argue with you than play that game. Since when is boredom a fucking sin?

Hey guys, I don't know how to play football, but I'm gonna sign up anyway and not talk much for the next few days.
    No worries, I wont bother learning or even really trying to help out either, then I'll just kind of peter-out and quit without saying anything as well. I'll watch though!
    You guys like that sort of thing, right?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • romanlevinromanlevin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm not say I'm better than anything. What is it with you and straw men?

Yes, as I was saying, the voting is random. So the bandits are going to win. Where's the superiority here? Seriously.

romanlevin on
    edited October 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    And I'm posting more here because it is more interesting for me to argue with you than play that game. Since when is boredom a fucking sin?

Hey guys, I don't know how to play football, but I'm gonna sign up anyway and not talk much for the next few days.
    No worries, I wont bother learning or even really trying to help out either, then I'll just kind of peter-out and quit without saying anything as well. I'll watch though!

Why would you talk during football? Did you know how to play Phalla the first time you joined a game?

And if you're using metaphors, it's more like me joining a game of football, to discover that I don't like football.

romanlevin on
    edited October 2007

Why would you talk during football? Did you know how to play Phalla the first time you joined a game?

And if you're using metaphors, it's more like me joining a game of football, to discover that I don't like football.

If one doesn't talk during football, how would you set up a play?

Yes, I looked at an old thread and asked questions in the thread for clarifications. Hell, I even got a bandwagon started on a badguy because of detective work I did. (Unfortunately, the forums crashed for about a week after that and the game was cancelled.)

My metaphor worked just fine.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited October 2007

Yes, I looked at an old thread and asked questions in the thread for clarifications. Hell, I even got a bandwagon started on a badguy because of detective work I did. (Unfortunately, the forums crashed for about a week after that and the game was cancelled.)

Oh, you mean American Football.

And good for you. Here's a cookie. Really, what's your point?

romanlevin on
    edited October 2007

Oh, you mean American Football.

And good for you. Here's a cookie. Really, what's your point?

I think the point is obvious to everyone but you, as DA made the same argument a moment before I did.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, romanlevin doesn't enjoy phalla, and I guess won't play it again.

Do we need to do this thing that is happening?

Seriously on
    edited October 2007
    I think the point is obvious to everyone but you, as DA made the same argument a moment before I did.

You didn't make an argument, though. You told a story. Maybe I'm stupid for not getting the point though.

romanlevin on
    edited October 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

You're right, but I just can't help arguing when people say I'm wrong.

romanlevin on
    edited October 2007
    Seriously wrote: »

You're right, Seriously...I wont even make your name into a pun. Seriously, I wont.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Hug?

romanlevin on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Die Infidel <runs in and stabs romanlevin> oh wait...Sorry...

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

Yes, as I was saying, the voting is random. So the bandits are going to win. Where's the superiority here? Seriously.

You got me. The voting is randomized. I don't even count the votes, on most days.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

You got me. The voting is randomized. I don't even count the votes, on most days.

You're right. The people playing the game haven't missed any clues as to the identities of the last bandits, so the voting is effectively random.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Uh, thorgot...uhm....have we stopped taking our medication?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot got the crazies again

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I wonder if thorgot and thorgot are on the same team?

Suspicious

Seriously on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whoa, what did I miss and whats with all the hostility?

It is funny that this thread is catching up to the main game.

We should have a phalla where everyone is dead and they come back to life.

precisionk on
    edited October 2007
    thorgot got the crazies again

You're the crazy one, man!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    cheez wrote: »
    I'm talking about you, Devoutlyapathetic.

(Haha, Frosteey. How long did you spend on that one?)
    Two points:

Usernames here couldn't be long enough to accept the space when I registered and I fear the Coin of Tube.

MacDonald and such like are capitalized in the middle because they're actually two words put together (Son of Donald) so even in that case, my name is still done correctly.

If you're going to imply that "Devoutly" can follow the same principles as Mc and Mac, then I submit that my name is in fact a particle like "von" in Georg Henrik von Wright.

There we go! You can call me cheez and I can call you DevoutlyApathetic, and neither of us need fear for the sanctity of proper nouns.
    Hurray for pointless pedantic arguments keeping us occupied until the next Phalla!

Mac and Von mean different things. One is clearly not commonly capitalized. Nice try though.
    I am too lazy to think when I hit the damn shift key. Thinking I shall not do!

So now you're making the case that Mc/Mac follows different capitalization rules simply because it means "Son of"? I suppose that's why we have all these AnderSon, JohnSon, WatSon, and LarSon last names running around. And how does "Devoutly" fit into that schema?
    So much ugliness in this thread overnight...

cheez on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    What the hell are you guys arguing about.

And t Romanlevin - My first game I just jumped in, I had no idea what I was doing but I learned by actually playing. Watching is just plain boring. So don't judge Phalla by what you see, you actually have to try it.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    I regret nothing. The game was boring, and yet it probably wasn't the organizers' fault.

And to think, a little activity could have gone leaps and bounds to rectify the situation.

And the saddest thing is, the village was very much in this until a few days ago.

Unknown User on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The worst part is that romanlevin probably won't join another phalla to be grudge voted.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

I should seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

Unknown User on
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Oh and zzulu, you're not fucking dead so you shouldn't be reading the fucking dead thread, especially if you're a fucking bandit.

Oh shit, more cheating?

I love it!

precisionk on
    edited October 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Oh shit, more cheating?

I love it!

What do you mean, more cheating?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ...more?

durax on
    edited October 2007

Oh shit, more cheating?

I love it!

Well to really cheating but more of a mistake, Stalin after he died, put in a ghost message to take a close look at his post about Raakam, pretty much fingering him as bad.. I informed Robot about it.

precisionk on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Eeeeh, I tried, I failed.

I guess I really screwed up on the giltanis thing. Whore just seemed like a juvenile role, so I bought into gil's miner thing.

I should of known the GMs weren't THAT mature.

;-) <3<3

I suspected the Frosteey / Raakam partnership, but didn't say anything for fear of earning myself a Fuzzy-like reputation of being overly paranoid. I need to learn to trust my instinct more, even if it means earning myself some red votes. I'll try playing the next Phalla more aggressively and see where that gets me.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

You should kill him and THREE teammates.

And make the cause of death dysentery.

From rampant sodomy.

(It is the only chance the village has of winning.)

((They're still going to lose.))

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »

You should kill him and THREE teammates.

And make the cause of death dysentery.

From rampant sodomy.

So what's worse? Cheating bandits or dumbass villagers? (I include myself in that descriptor)

I say type up a huge narration where everyone gets scalped and raped by Indians.

Wait, didn't you say you had a Donner narration all set to go? I think this is a good time to make use of it :P

Romantic Undead on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I vote you just let PK and myself win.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Oh shit, more cheating?

I love it!

Well to really cheating but more of a mistake, Stalin after he died, put in a ghost message to take a close look at his post about Raakam, pretty much fingering him as bad.. I informed Robot about it.

To be clear, I hadn't read the dead thread before I made that post. It's just that by calling me out as "a bad guy", Rakaam made it obvious that he was a baddie, and I pointed it out in my post. Still, I don't even think that would have changed anything, because the few active people are just blindly following Rakaam regardless. He was smart about it, too. He replied to the first part of the post, but skipped the second part that was essentially undeniable evidence.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is the most interesting dead thread ever, and there's not even any mechanics involved.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Jesus romanlevin, if you were watching you could have at least spoken up when PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY VOTING FOR YOU.

But I guess that's boring as well.

Medopine on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    romanlevin:

When you signed up here, you were given an explicit link to check out if you had not played before:
    robothero wrote:
    4. If you have not played phalla, or maybe you need a refresher on the rules, check here.

You signed up on the first page, which implies eagerness. Why, then, wouldn't you take the time to read the information? If you didn't understand it, why then not ask how the game works, or ask the organizers about your role?

Instead you sat like a lump and complain now that you weren't being entertained because there was no point in voting. Many people complain that they don't know what to do, but figuring it out is kind of the point, both in the live game and here. Behavior leads your guesses, which is the entire exercise. The narration is not the game, it is embellishment. You are the one who's supposed to think.

(I'm being nice here, because I wasn't playing in this one.)

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I will seriously just kill you and a teammate tonight.

Fixed. After all, you only need one to win, right?!

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I suspected the Frosteey / Raakam partnership, but didn't say anything for fear of earning myself a Fuzzy-like reputation of being overly paranoid. I need to learn to trust my instinct more, even if it means earning myself some red votes. I'll try playing the next Phalla more aggressively and see where that gets me.
    Frosteey wasn't evil, and he was pretty damn good at fingering the baddies. Pretty damn good. We didn't kill him off early h though, because we were afraid that we would waste our kill on him if another guardian existed.

Which reminds me. We targeted PK one night and he didn't die! What gives?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited October 2007
    Frosteey wasn't evil, and he was pretty damn good at fingering the baddies. Pretty damn good. We didn't kill him off early h though, because we were afraid that we would waste our kill on him if another guardian existed.

Which reminds me. We targeted PK one night and he didn't die! What gives?

Oh I didn't doubt Frosteey was a good guy, it's Raakam I'm doubting.

Romantic Undead on