As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Houn wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Just open the gifts when she's not around and then carefully re wrap them.

I only found my presents early once as a kid and luckily they weren't wrapped. I knew I was getting a PS2 and was so excited, so I waited until my dad was out and played through about 4 hours of Devil May Cry, then carefully put it all back in the box and acted super surprised on Christmas morning.

...oh God, how old have I become?!?

Hello darkness, my old friend,

I've come to talk with you again,

because of visions softly creeping,

Left it's seeds while I was sleeping,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFnCwVqbWs

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I was in high school when my younger brothers got an N64 and I declared I was too old for all that first person, 3d stuff. Couldn't hack it (still played a lot of Goldeneye). The original Playstation came out when I was still in high school, but the first time I saw one I was 18 years old at a friend's house and watched him play the opening to Final Fantasy VII.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

https://youtu.be/JwYX52BP2Sk

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

You don't know who you are but I've been using down time at work researching crafting projects. I'm going to pull out the fabric bin and sewing machine this weekend to start up some things. I aso have a shopping list for Michaels. Instead of books and indie nerdcore albums you're going to get crafts.

Ok, you're probably still getting books and indie nerdcore albums too, let's be honest with ourselves.

Love,
    Me

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    It's fun how the internet can remove all sorts of identifiers like age, race, and sex. Then it all comes crashing down when you find out someone is half your age. :D Or when you find out @Elin actually is a dog who has learned to make crafts. (I'm not the only one to assume your avatar is at least in some way related to who a person is, right? @mare_imbrium is Isabella and @Mighty is an angry tomato as far as I'm concerned.)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm a boat. . .

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    It's fun how the internet can remove all sorts of identifiers like age, race, and sex. Then it all comes crashing down when you find out someone is half your age. :D Or when you find out @Elin actually is a dog who has learned to make crafts. (I'm not the only one to assume your avatar is at least in some way related to who a person is, right? @mare_imbrium is Isabella and @Mighty is an angry tomato as far as I'm concerned.)

Well, my avatar IS my (8 year old) puppy who my husband says acts remarkably like me. She's currently snoring on the couch while I type this and will be "helping" me craft by inspecting (sleeping on) all my fabric. She also loves books because when I read she knows she has a lap that won't be moving for a while.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Stuff, I guess?
    Own a PS3, Xbone, WiiU, unspectacular PC, 3DSXL, Kindle.
    Nothing NSFW. Have a 6mo boy and 2.5yo girl.
    Love boardgames, Sounders FC, cooking.

Top secret incognito PM me if you need any other info? I guess?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I was in high school when my younger brothers got an N64 and I declared I was too old for all that first person, 3d stuff. Couldn't hack it (still played a lot of Goldeneye). The original Playstation came out when I was still in high school, but the first time I saw one I was 18 years old at a friend's house and watched him play the opening to Final Fantasy VII.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

https://youtu.be/JwYX52BP2Sk

You just made me listen to pink floyd. . .

I feel old now, due to the song time. . .

I really need to start my project, before time runs out.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Dear Santee,

You don't know who you are but I've been using down time at work researching crafting projects. I'm going to pull out the fabric bin and sewing machine this weekend to start up some things. I aso have a shopping list for Michaels. Instead of books and indie nerdcore albums you're going to get crafts.

Ok, you're probably still getting books and indie nerdcore albums too, let's be honest with ourselves.

Love,
    Me

It's like you're speaking directly to me. Your Santee is one of the lucky ones. I wish I were so crafty and could provide the level of handmade stuff I've seen on this forum. I might keep it for myself, so that might be a good thing. >.>

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm a banana!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
      I'm a faceless horror lurking behind a blank human shell.

Y'know, a normal person.

• Options
      ArcSyn wrote: »

I always associate people with their avatars more than their handles (see, handles, there I go dating myself again). If everyone were to drastically change their avatars (Christmasifying is fine) I wouldn't know who anybody was.

v2zAToe.jpg
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Oh yeah! I meant to change to my Christmas avatar! I need to find it. Got a new laptop hard drive so it's probably on the other one.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      I never changed mine from last year. I have been a Christmas boat. . . hum, wonder if I could get Christmas lights on it. @HiT BiT You have time? I still have the giant copy around somewhere that you made me if you don't have my boat anymore.

• Options
      anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
      My best Christmas ever was when I got the SNES, which to this day remains the greatest system of all time. THERE IS NO DEBATING THIS.

Steam: offday
    • Options
      *cough*SantawehaveanXboxOnenow*cough*
      It's for the kids, for Christmas, but I think mom and dad will be allowed to use it. :biggrin:

v2zAToe.jpg
    • Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      Just ended my first month at the new job and the "Oh my gawd I'm going to get fired any day now!" Feeling is finally gone.

That means that the severance from my old job can go towards paying bills and starting to gift hint for you Santee.

I got plans...Oh I got plans...

• Options
      NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
      I'm a quizzical Chihuahua and or kobold depending on when you read this.

Hey Santa, This is the thing that other people seem to be doing, sooooo:
      Shirt size is XL because my will to exercise is not greater than my will to eat lovely things that are trying to kill me.
      My top three things to game on are my gaming PC (with a fresh i7 and a GTX970 :D ), My PS4 and my PS Vita. I also game on my Wii U, New 3DSXL, and iPad frequently. I have most classic consoles hiding in storage, crying their-selves to sleep as well...
      If it's on Humble Bundle, it is very VERY likely that I already have it. Also Fallout 4 has been acquired if that was a thought... :)
      I'm cool with weird stuff. NSFW is perfectly fine with me as it is just myself and my Wife living here (well, and our furbabies, Chihuahua and 2 bunnies)
      If you need to confirm anything, the Hypatia-gram has a great source for you to abuse already.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
    • Options
      TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      Madican wrote: »
      I'm a faceless horror lurking behind a blank human shell.

Y'know, a normal person.

Let's not forget that you're also pretty much eternal and comprised totally of pure Steam

TeeMan on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
      Nooooo. I've missed it! Probably for the best as I've been a really bad lurker this year (although when am I not)! That said, it's a shame to end a four year streak. I will enjoy watching this thread over the next couple of months!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
    • Options
      KandenKanden Registered User regular
      Sorry I've been lax Santa, school suddenly rushed up on me, here's my hint post
      I'm currently a senior studying animation. I have a PC and PS4, although my PC has kinda gone fucky recently. I'm probably going to end up getting an Xbone on Black Friday so you can feel free to consider that an option if you'd like. Non videogame wise I'm a big fan of just about anything animation. Cool art books are another solid choice.

• Options
      MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
      Haha, angry tomato? Well, close, I suppose.

Here's the origin of my avatar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOR6yTNFHFo

Moon runes warning. Subtitles engaged. Skip to 5:30 for AV

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    • Options
      Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
      I have been gifted! And the gifts are awesome. However I need to wait till after my little girl's bed time to post up the gift get. Thank you Santa!

Also my wife is now going to wrap them up and put them away UNTIL Xmas. At least I got to open it first.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
      PSN: SirGrinchX
      Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    • Options
      UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
      Welp!

GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

I don't believe I've ever had a Santa that got started so early!

For reference, it's a sunny 86 degrees outside and I am relaxing inside with the AC on - the weather is far from frightful

F4jv7fr.jpg?1

3NzEc2K.jpg?1

A blue Yoshi yarn amiibo!

Awesome for several reasons:

- Because amiibo are awesome! But I just got so tired of the hunt, especially when Disney Infinity is over here also doing properties I love and I don't have to worry about lining up outside of Target at 6:30 AM on a Sunday to get a Rosalina figure

- Because Nintendo has had a rather dire year - honestly, Woolly World is the only first-party release I've dug from them this year on either 3DS or Wii U (unless you count Majora's Mask 3D, but that's a remake). So my Santa was playing pretty close attention to my tiresome grumblings in the Wii U thread most likely

- Because they corrected Nintendo's canon on this Yoshi matter. I nearly got the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle when the game hit, but decided against it because, well, it has a green Yoshi with it. Green is maybe my least favorite color (which explains my natural hatred of Luigi as well, now that I think about it), but

- Blue is my favorite color!

Now here's the real hard choice: Do I take it out or leave it in the package? You can get blue Yoshis in Woolly World without using an amiibo, so I think I may keep this on my shelf.

Then again, shit, it's made of real yarn and I kinda want to feel it...

Regardless, excellent first gift! My Santa didn't leave their forum name, but based on the real name that was included, I'm going to guess it's... @TimFiji ?

• Options
      edited November 2015
      Shit! I meant to do it anonymously. Gift give fail! Well now my subsequent gifts won't be as fun

Edit: glad you like it. :)

TimFiji on
      • Options
        Oh nooooo! :(

I can forget!

• Options
        Oh nooooo! :(

I can forget!

The gifts won't change! I just wish I could click an anonymous box on Amazon so I can control the reveal

• Options
          initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
          Apparently the USPS won't ship fire spiders!

Now I have to start all over!

• Options
          Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
          edited November 2015
          GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Santa strikes early for me too! Though I know not who they are. First up, apologies, there were three parts to this gift. I only have photos of two, and here they are!

CTO-NtfW4AAncfb.jpg

Jelly beans. I am a jelly bean fiend, I demolish them. I even like the really weird flavours they chuck in here. Yum yum yum yum.

CTO-RFpW4AAjEwH.jpg

Lego Wall-E! I love me some lego, this is coming to work with me (when I'm allowed to re-open it at Xmas) so I can build it during one of my many teleconferences and then proudly sit it on my desk.

The final gift, which I don't have a picture of, was a book. This one in fact:

notfinal_9780545637084-1024x842.jpg

The reason I don't have a picture is because my daughter grabbed it off me the instant I opened the box and cried if I tried to take it away even for a picture. She's asleep now but the book is safely tucked away at the base of her bed. So apologies for the lack of picture Santa, but it's already appreciated.

My wife will now be taking the other two gifts away, wrapping them up and putting them under the Xmas tree at the start of December. Knowing there are jelly beans in the house is going to KILL me.

Also the fourth present my Santa got me is guilt, for I have not properly begun my own stalking.

Thanks Santa, my heart has grown early this year.

Also a quick edit, the notes that came along with this were:
          This can be enjoyed by people even if they're not horses.
          This can be enjoyed by people because it's candy.
          This can be enjoyed by people even if they're not robots. Ever yours, PA Secret Santa (shhhhh it's still a secret).

For context when our little girl was about 2 she liked to inform people that I was not, in fact, a horse.

Nowadays she tries to force me to socialize by telling strangers in shops, queues etc: "This is my Daddy. You say 'Hello' to my Daddy"

Mr_Grinch on
          Steam: Sir_Grinch
          PSN: SirGrinchX
          Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
        • Options
          mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
          Oh man I grabbed that Wall-E lego myself a few weeks ago. It's super fun to build and looks amazing, that's some good Santa-ing!

Also if those beans are the ones with the good and flavours beware of the sweaty socks, they are grim.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
        • Options
          minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
          edited November 2015
          I too have been struck suddenly by a

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

jvvh6pcrceqx.png

A three month subscription to Japan Crate!

Do you know what Japan Crate is? Because I did not until this, but now that I read about it I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED TO CHOW DOWN ON SOME JAPANESE SNACKS

Thank you mystery Santa! Hell of a way to start off the gift giving season! :D

minirhyder on
        • Options
          spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
          minirhyder wrote: »
          Japan Crate

That's pretty awesome. I got hooked on subscription boxes pretty heavily a while back (I was getting 5-6 a month), and every time I see one that looks neat, I have to fight the urge to check it out. I'm down to 2 now (Arcade Block and Marvel Collector's Corps), and I won't let myself get any more.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
          Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
        • Options
          MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
          Oh God Beanboozled. Ear Wax is the absolute worst.

• Options
          GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
          minirhyder wrote: »
          Japan Crate

That's pretty awesome. I got hooked on subscription boxes pretty heavily a while back (I was getting 5-6 a month), and every time I see one that looks neat, I have to fight the urge to check it out. I'm down to 2 now (Arcade Block and Marvel Collector's Corps), and I won't let myself get any more.

I'll have to check this out. I've got loot crate which I love but yummy japanese snacks...can't resist that!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
        • Options
          The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
          Madican wrote: »
          Oh God Beanboozled. Ear Wax is the absolute worst.

No no no..... Canned dogfood is definitely worse. Your breath even stinks of it for a while.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
        • Options
          cornellcornell Registered User regular
          Santa, I got a message from Proxy letting me know the link in my signature isn't working, should be fixed now!

• Options
          GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
          So I was playing some SWTOR this afternoon, just hanging out like this guy.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRM-UPzhGY

When I decide to check my email...something I rarely do on the weekend when I find something waiting for me...

Giftget.gif
          GG12015_zpswix9hsw8.png

3 month Japan Crate subscription!!!! Just found out about this today and even visited their site to set up an account, but decided to wait til Monday...because...reasons? Mostly out of laziness.

Thank you Santa! Very excited to get this.

There was only a RL name attached, so if you want to reveal yourself Santa, please do!

And now I'm jonesin for some japanese candies...to the hidden sweets drawer!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
        • Options
          initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
          I assume Japan crate is just a big box of my childhood. Sounds tasty.

What don't they have subscription boxes for these days?

• Options
          KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
          That Japan Crate looks AWESOME! Some neat gifts already this year!

steam_sig.png
          For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
          Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
        • Options
          Yarn Yoshi update: I opened it

It's awesome, I love how it's not on a stand like I thought it'd be, the base of the amiibo is worked subtly onto the bottom of the plush itself