As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    There's a Wall-E LEGO?! I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, but I love that it is a thing now. Seems like a great LEGO model. Unfortunately my children would likely destroy it almost immediately. I'm lucky I keep them away from my X-Wing.

Great gifts and so early!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man some early Christmas cheer going on.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    There's a Wall-E LEGO?! I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, but I love that it is a thing now. Seems like a great LEGO model. Unfortunately my children would likely destroy it almost immediately. I'm lucky I keep them away from my X-Wing.

One of the biggest problems among nerd dads. I'm trying to teach my son what he can and can't touch in dad's game room/office.

I've already lost master chief's head. :(

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    Some LEGO are meant to be built and destroyed.

Others are art. :-D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Some LEGO are meant to be built and destroyed.

Others are art. :-D
    latest?cb=20140905071551

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

One of the biggest problems among nerd dads. I'm trying to teach my son what he can and can't touch in dad's game room/office.

I've already lost master chief's head. :(

Make him watch The LEGO movie, then explain that just because the dad in the movie eventually let his kid play with his toys doesn't mean that you have to do so as well.

• Options
    I can't ever bring myself to glue LEGO. My dad did it when I was younger and I couldn't stand it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    I missed the chat. But, I'm Commander Shepard, and I rock the hardest on citadel for life. Using music to stop the Reapers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOqHUa2LfNY

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Santa this is a biggie. I found a better deal for the Xbone so I went ahead and bit on it. Got an Xbone, Gears Remaster, AC Unity, Halo MCC, and Halo 5 coming too me, so if you want to use the Xbone as a jumping off point you're clear for take off. I think my parents are going to get me Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay for Christmas. I promise that's the last I'll buy, well except maybe Fallout 4.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Santa, I am pretty terrible about impulse buying things I want. Have been doing a bit more PC and PS4 gaming than when I wrote up my hints, but I will refrain from buying anything else for myself until 2016 (I do have Star Wars Battlefront preordered though).

Well, I might break down when the Steam holiday sale comes around. I am only human.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I just purchased FO4...Santa already got me a wonderful gift and I in no way am anticipating more...but just in case, I wanted to put it in the thread.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Santee.. Your gift is in the works. You are elusive.. but I have you in my sights.. Orbital Bombardment will commence soon..

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    d8yqxssopsst.jpg
    Okay, now it feels like Secret Santa time.

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    It's fun how the internet can remove all sorts of identifiers like age, race, and sex. Then it all comes crashing down when you find out someone is half your age. :D Or when you find out @Elin actually is a dog who has learned to make crafts. (I'm not the only one to assume your avatar is at least in some way related to who a person is, right? @mare_imbrium is Isabella and @Mighty is an angry tomato as far as I'm concerned.)

I always associate people with their avatars more than their handles (see, handles, there I go dating myself again). If everyone were to drastically change their avatars (Christmasifying is fine) I wouldn't know who anybody was.

I'm on a special mission!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I've had a follow up email:
    I'm glad your daughter figured out her part of the gift.

I do apologize for the early gifting, I was concerned Lego Wall-E would either go out of stock or get gouged in price if I waited longer.

Please thank your wife for me for taking the appropriate action for the gifts. I will be sure to mark the next part appropriately.

Shhhh It's a Secret

Santa should not apologise for gifting. Santa is awesome. Also thanks to the book my daughter now finds farts hilarious, and if she does one herself she giggles and loudly asks:

"Did you hear that trump?"

This is something I'll need to remind her when she's grown up.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I've had a follow up email:
    I'm glad your daughter figured out her part of the gift.

I do apologize for the early gifting, I was concerned Lego Wall-E would either go out of stock or get gouged in price if I waited longer.

Please thank your wife for me for taking the appropriate action for the gifts. I will be sure to mark the next part appropriately.

Shhhh It's a Secret

Santa should not apologise for gifting. Santa is awesome. Also thanks to the book my daughter now finds farts hilarious, and if she does one herself she giggles and loudly asks:

"Did you hear that trump?"

This is something I'll need to remind her when she's grown up.

Making life-long memories - it's a Christmas miracle!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It took a book to explain the humour of farting to your daughter?

British Parenting Fail.

At age three my daughter was on to such advanced concepts as 'blaming your baby sister' and wondering if she could play tunes.

Also that Beaton book has totally gone on my Christmas 'to buy' list for my daughters so good work SS thread. Keep it up.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    d8yqxssopsst.jpg

I was on the receiving end of a "see317 Taffy Package" (not as obscene as it sounds, but still a little obscene) last year. It was straight-up delicious.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It took a book to explain the humour of farting to your daughter?

British Parenting Fail.

At age three my daughter was on to such advanced concepts as 'blaming your baby sister' and wondering if she could play tunes.

Also that Beaton book has totally gone on my Christmas 'to buy' list for my daughters so good work SS thread. Keep it up.

If you're getting the book you should also make sure you accessorize it with a plush pony as well.

beat-ponyplush-34.jpg

Gotta do things right, don't ya know.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Hint post for my Santa:

I realized you could probably use a hint post since all I said in my message was "I Like Nintendo."

My wife and I have a Wii U, 2 2DSes, a PS3, and a whole bunch of cats. Shirt size is 3XL. We have Lootcrate and Nerdblock: ArcadeBlock subscriptions.

If you're really stuck, I have an amazon wish list that I'm sure you can find.

If I can think of anything else, I'll update this post.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well @HiT BiT was great as always. Now I light up the night with my fancy lights.

And, I feel like I'm slow, even though I know I have some time with theses gifts so fast.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I'm not putting my tree up yet but I bought one for the office and I wanted to make sure it worked...

and that some of the decorations I got for it look nice...

and then I thought I'd take a few pictures...

see how it looks through an indoor window by my bed...

XF1in1el.jpg

The real shame is it'll be too much work to take down now until I put it in the office on the 1st. Oh well. Guess it'll have to stay there.

I should really finish the tree topper tomorrow... and the burlap tree skirt...

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

So I'm looking at my inbox this morning after getting in to work, just casually browsing through.
    I see a few emails here and there, one of them from Steam. Steam sends me emails all the time though, telling me a game on my wishlist is on sale, a new game is on Steam, that sort of stuff.

Except something was a little different this morning.
    purchases.png
    Wait, don't Steam emails usually end up in the Updates category?
    :o A gift of Fallout 4?! But it just came out!!
    steam_store.png
    Woooooo!! I know what I'm doing tonight!!
    phase2.png

And apparently this is only phase 2. You guys, THERE'S MORE TO COME.

Thanks @Mace1370, you've given me the gift of oversea snacks and post apocalyptic Boston.

This is amazing, I'm blown away!
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I think this is my third secret santa? Either way, I'm totally pumped. Santee, whoever you may be, prepare to have your world rocked.

Oh yah, my world has been rocked.

Edit: Holy shit I forgot the gift get, how embarrassing.

minirhyder on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    That's awesome - enjoy the wasteland!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    In line with Holiday Spirmentst. Avatar changed!

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    So I'm looking at my inbox this morning after getting in to work, just casually browsing through.
    I see a few emails here and there, one of them from Steam. Steam sends me emails all the time though, telling me a game on my wishlist is on sale, a new game is on Steam, that sort of stuff.

Except something was a little different this morning.
    purchases.png
    Wait, don't Steam emails usually end up in the Updates category?
    :o A gift of Fallout 4?! But it just came out!!
    steam_store.png
    Woooooo!! I know what I'm doing tonight!!
    phase2.png

And apparently this is only phase 2. You guys, THERE'S MORE TO COME.

Thanks @Mace1370, you've given me the gift of oversea snacks and post apocalyptic Boston.

This is amazing, I'm blown away!
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I think this is my third secret santa? Either way, I'm totally pumped. Santee, whoever you may be, prepare to have your world rocked.

Oh yah, my world has been rocked.

You're quite welcome :)

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Santa I know I said that I wasn't buying anything else, but then CAH had to go and put up their 8 Sensible Gifts for Hanukkah, and then get this, they had the gumption to say this is the last holiday bullshit they're ever doing. So I had no choice. I'm sorry that's for real the last thing.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Santa I know I said that I wasn't buying anything else, but then CAH had to go and put up their 8 Sensible Gifts for Hanukkah, and then get this, they had the gumption to say this is the last holiday bullshit they're ever doing. So I had no choice. I'm sorry that's for real the last thing.

Yeah sorry Santa. I saw that email standing in line for chipotle and immediately signed up for that. I was coming here to tell everyone it was up but it looks like I'm not alone

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Wrong thread. Oops.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    edit: Never mind.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Whoa! Santa! I'm guessing you like A-wings?!

Who doesn't? :D

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I like h-wings.
    Hot wings for dinner tomorrow.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Whoa! Santa! I'm guessing you like A-wings?!

Who doesn't? :D

The noblest of wings, designed solely to crash into the unshielded windows of a star destroyer and never get screen time again

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    d8yqxssopsst.jpg

Hey! I recognize that taffy! It was delicious.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Wrong thread. Oops.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I hear tell my Santa wants hints so

food stuffs-

candy

beef jerky

spicy things

I also like these cookies

especially things from different countries like this too

games, I'm good on games right now

I could always use more perler beads, preferably solid colors

and jump rings (saw cut, been wanting to try squares for a whlie)

I also probably need a new iron, the heat distribution on mine is all weird.

Do with that as you will.

Also Santee check your email. You probably don't know who you are yet, so all of you check. :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    aanemeehy wrote: »
    So excited to be a part of this!

I think you're a bot, so no you aren't

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Bots can celebrate Christmas too.

Botist.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Bots can celebrate Christmas too.

Botist.

7uB25TT.gif

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, I'm a man of weak will and finally bought a ps4.