As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Wohoo! I woke up this evening to digital giftage of the steamy variety thanks to @Halfazedninja !

Screenshotty goodness below.

cpCFJ5o.jpg
    Hard West! Taking the tutorial for a spin. I'll have you know I put this on my wishlist right before I went to bed. I think Santa was in my brain!

EykozQ6.jpg
    Consortium! Rook 13 looking a bit possessed before he scans my brain and finds out that there are indeed two inhabitants in there.

NvlKX5P.jpg
    One Way Heroics! This bat was wanted. It didn't tell me what it was wanted for, but that didn't stop me from beating the stuffing out of it!

The haul in Screenshot Order
    SANI2hQ.png

BRh3agz.jpg
    You are supposed to play them all at once, right?

Thanks again @Halfazedninja for an awesome digital giftage!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I've long since stopped reading the comic

I'm sorry but you have to leave now. You aren't allowed on these forums anymore. I'm sure you understand.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have started buying supplies. Christmas cheer will begin to be UNLEASHED next weekend.

Mmmm yes. I have my plans laid, and I just gained access to a 3D printer which fits nicely into the mix. I hope to have my crafting projects done this week, and the 3D printing next week, with everything in the mail next weekend. That should give Postmaster Santas enough time to deliver.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to come up with something good. I know so much about you, but can't quite pin down a direction to go.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Wrong thread. Oops.

This thread needs reaction buttons for "cheer" and "coal."

GUESS WHICH ONE YOU GET!

As penance I have updated my avatar to more fully promote cheer. I am sad I couldn't use the full resolution version though.
    4jbG7OY.gif

Sgt. Porkins strikes back!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

I'm speechless. Really.

I stepped out of the house for a minute and when I got home there was a GIANT HEAVY box in my desk chair. The contents? Holy damn.

kqhn5q65erq5.jpg

Thank you so much @lwt1973! I had a kinda crappy day today and this was a super fantastic surprise!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Armada!

So good!

And if you find yourself in need of more ships, Coolstuff and Miniature Market are having sales ... Jus' sayin'.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a timeless treasure. My family watches it every year on Christmas day.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Armada!

So good!

And if you find yourself in need of more ships, Coolstuff and Miniature Market are having sales ... Jus' sayin'.

Yeah I've been eying up that game for a long time. A very dangerous gift for me to get lol.
    Madican wrote: »
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a timeless treasure. My family watches it every year on Christmas day.

We do too!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I won't be at my address Wed through Sat so if my present is en route proxy elf should warn me to go back to my place.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Ah, yeah. I won't be home from Friday-Saturday this week Santa, though I expect this won't cause problems since only my next door neighbor would see the package.

• Options
      TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular

Remember the time you used to get a Christmas bonus at work?

Hmm wait, I'm not old enough to remember

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
      TeeMan wrote: »

We kind of do. We get Holiday Pay, which ends up being double and a half when we work on holiday weeks. The one for Christmas week never arrives until the new year, but it's still a nice boost to kick off the year :D

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
    • Options
      DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

We kind of do. We get Holiday Pay, which ends up being double and a half when we work on holiday weeks. The one for Christmas week never arrives until the new year, but it's still a nice boost to kick off the year :D

I used to get a bonus. Than I went "part time" and now don't get one. I do get paid 4 hours for every holiday, if I work or not. They have 10 official ones, so that is 40 hours a year for free. They just show up on the first paycheck after the holiday, so no lump sum.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • Options
      NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
      The PA community is the only online place I've stayed a part of for any length of time. I've long since stopped reading the comic but this forum is still the best and everyone is pretty awesome.

I may not post much but reading about the lives and interactions people have on this forum is like some weird way of people watching. THANKS PA FORUMS! #1 FORUM MLG WORLD.

• Options
      TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular

I work in a NOTHINGSTOPSTHEMACHINE style business whose will doesn't bend to even Santa's enormous legacy (sidenote: I was going to say dynasty but it just dawned on me that he doesn't have any children, despite being pretty much immortal... kinda sad, really). The only reason I'm having a Christmas this year at all is because I was quick enough to book a flight out on Christmas morning earlier this year.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
      I get weird holidays. It's only a $25 day rate so I make less during holidays. Though the last two Christmases they've just given everyone additional raises instead of bonuses which, while not as flashy and exciting has actually been better

• Options
      jclastjclast Registered User regular
      DyasAlure wrote: »

I used to get a bonus. Than I went "part time" and now don't get one. I do get paid 4 hours for every holiday, if I work or not. They have 10 official ones, so that is 40 hours a year for free. They just show up on the first paycheck after the holiday, so no lump sum.

No bonuses here (yay government contracting), but when I elected to work off-shift on the holiday I pulled in something like 2.5x my normal rate which was pretty great.

camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      edited November 2015
      My Santee is buying stuff I had on the list for potential gifts. They are being very...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NM0rYa81P8

Madican on
    • Options
      BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
      edited November 2015

Being military I get a couple weeks of half day schedule. So only working like 4 hours a day is a pretty great Christmas bonus for me!

Also, Santa if you're out there. Not to put any pressure on you, but I told my wife not to get me anything for Christmas as my secret Santa from the G&T thread is going to be awesome enough! :)

Bloodycow on
      " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
      ― John Quincy Adams
    • Options
      Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
      Dear meat popsicles,

Some of you have been naughty and aren't responding to Proxy's tastefully forwarded messages! Maybe you're not familiar with our elf culture, but it's considered quite rude to ignore such things. Especially from an elf as cute as Proxy!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread. (Unless you need to respond to one of Proxy's PMs, in which case tell me your secretssssssss)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
      Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
    • Options
      Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
      I got my gift but I'm about to leave to head down to my brother's house for Thanksgiving. I'll be back Sunday/Monday with a proper write-up, but thanks, Bursar!

• Options
      mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
      edited November 2015
      On getting old (from last page, I know). I...okay, I can't explain why, but I was trying to imply to my brother (who is finishing med school) that he is a chicken in a white coat and I was SURE that there was a Chicken Boo bit where he was a doctor but I guess I was wrong because I searched the entire Animaniacs episode list and couldn't find it. My 9 year old wanders in wants to know what I'm doing. I tried to explain about Chicken Boo. Even showed him one of the bits. He says "he's a big chicken. How come they don't know he's a big chicken? If they don't realize he's a chicken they're stupid." I made him watch the whole bit and tried to explain, THAT'S THE JOKE, but he just decided he was done with it and went back out to play whatever the heck he's playing these days, Terraria maybe. Meanwhile I'm watching this and realized that there were jokes that I didn't even GET when I was younger and it just made it funnier.

Kids today... :razz:

mare_imbrium on
      v2zAToe.jpg
      Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    • Options
      StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
      IT'S HOLIDAY AVATAR TIME.

If you want a festive avatar, then just @ me and I'll spend Friday churning them out. I'll also post the ones from years prior for people who lost their old ones.

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
      @Bobkins Flymo jingle me up, please

steam:maguano2
      gamertag:Maguano71
      Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

If you want a festive avatar, then just @ me and I'll spend Friday churning them out. I'll also post the ones from years prior for people who lost their old ones.

@Bobkins Flymo jingle all the way

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
        edited November 2015
        On getting old (from last page, I know). I...okay, I can't explain why, but I was trying to imply to my brother (who is finishing med school) that he is a chicken in a white coat and I was SURE that there was a Chicken Boo bit where he was a doctor but I guess I was wrong because I searched the entire Animaniacs episode list and couldn't find it. My 9 year old wanders in wants to know what I'm doing. I tried to explain about Chicken Boo. Even showed him one of the bits. He says "he's a big chicken. How come they don't know he's a big chicken? If they don't realize he's a chicken they're stupid." I made him watch the whole bit and tried to explain, THAT'S THE JOKE, but he just decided he was done with it and went back out to play whatever the heck he's playing these days, Terraria maybe. Meanwhile I'm watching this and realized that there were jokes that I didn't even GET when I was younger and it just made it funnier.

Kids today... :razz:

Finger prince? Ok

Santa, I'm backing secret hitler on kickstarter and there's nothing you can do about it!

initiatefailure on
      • Options
        QuicalQuical Registered User regular

@Bobkins Flymo Yes please very much!

NNID: Quical
        STEAM: Quical
        Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
      • Options
        Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

@Bobkins Flymo yes hi hello!
        If you could christmas up my current av, I would greatly appreciate it. Can also provide you with a bigger version of the photo if needed.

You're doing sant satan santa's work, m'lad.

• Options
        ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
        Back in 2008 everyone wanted santa hats. I don't know if they'd be useful now, but here's the ones I had done if someone could still use them.
        http://s4.photobucket.com/user/ArcSyn/library/Secret Santa/GnT Secret Santa 2008

4dm3dwuxq302.png
      • Options
        urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
        @Bobkins Flymo I think Gary King needs to be a bit more festive.

• Options
        belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
        @Bobkins Flymo I lost my hat.

And Santee, the amazon package is on it's way. I'm sorry that I've not been able to put as much effort into this year as I did in others, but I'm renovating my house and I just don't have the energy for my 3 year old, wife and 95 year old house.

I hope you enjoy them, though.

• Options
        ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
        @Bobkins Flymo

I'm totally happy with the Christmassed avatar you made for me last year, but you mentioned wanting to redo it.

• Options
        MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
        Can you make the teeth on mine all red and green blinky @arcsyn?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
      • Options
        MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
        @Bobkins Flymo Christmas avatars sound like fun! I'll take one if you don't mind.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
        Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
        Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
        Steam ID
        Twitch Page
      • Options
        lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
        edited November 2015
        @Bobkins Flymo Bruce would like a hat, please.

lwt1973 on
        "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
      • Options
        WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
        Dear Santa, I got boxes today that I can only assume are from you. As I am at work I will open them tonight and take pictures. I just wanted to ensure you were aware I got them!
        Thank you!

camo_sig2.png
      • Options
        SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

*looks over*

Well what do you know, by gum you're right!

• Options
        KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
        Hmm, I seem to have received presents from an anonymous robot wearing a skin mask. I'll be posting up pictures here later just in case it's from one of you guys.

• Options
        Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
        Kirindal wrote: »
        Hmm, I seem to have received presents from an anonymous robot wearing a skin mask. I'll be posting up pictures here later just in case it's from one of you guys.

That sounds an awful lot like a Synth. Shoot it in the head! Shoot it in the head!