As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - Family Style

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - Family Style

Family Style

Family Style

http://www.campcomic.com/comic/266

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CrotonhurstCrotonhurst Registered User regular
    Your parents may not have wanted you, but you are still wanted.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW !

sig.gif
  • Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    He is too good for his dad. This is such an awww moment!

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I love all of Tanner's expresssions. Fred is absolutely adorable. Even Malachi is swayed to share.

• Options
    FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    I've heard once friends are the family you choose. For the campers, it sure is true. Very touching closing up for Fred's tale.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Simply awesome!

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I don't know if it's exactly irony, but it's funny that Seventeen is the one who correctly counted the bowls.

I also love her stuffed face and throwing soup everywhere.

briguy on
  • Options
    SanderloSanderlo Registered User regular
    What a nice, happy ending.

• Options
    GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    YAY!

• Options
    styxtravelerstyxtraveler Registered User new member
    I'm waiting for the boot from http://campcomic.com/comic/260 to drop.

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Briguy: It turns out you don't have to count to see mismatched sets. I think it's called the shepherd's method of counting:
    Even without any math education at all and even with sheep herds much larger than 10 (which could have been counted by hand, of course), shepherds still knew how many sheep were missing.
    They did this by putting down stones, one for each sheep, when they left the pen, and then they'd pick them up again when returning. If a sheep ended up missing, a stone would have remained.
    The qualitative concepts of "more" and "less" are more basic than the concept of quantity :)

Of course you could argue that it's still somehow "not quite irony" that Seventeen of all people would notice that, but then it's very much in-character that she would be the sort compassionate of person who pays attention to the feelings of others. And also the person who wouldn't be afraid to speak up about it.

• Options
    kathhiragakathhiraga Founder Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    A nod to Thanksgiving :)

• Options
    NveriyothNveriyoth Registered User new member
    Oh god my heart feels like an overused chew toy.

• Options
    APMEWAPMEW Registered User regular
    the feels is strong with this one!!

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh man I wasn't expecting that...

Why do I always read this first thing in the morning, When I'm at my most feels...

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm amused not because of her education or lack of it, but because in her sibling picture she only had 15 siblings not 16, but her name is Seventeen.

Potential well sibling withstanding.

briguy on
  • Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    Like @STYXTRAVLER said, there's no telling what Seventeen handed Fred...

Also, anyone ever notice, that because we demand a cat be in every comic, that now there's this creepy thing going on. It looks like the cats are silently watching, guarding, waiting to strike??

BEWARE THE CATS!

• Options
    TibxeroTibxero Registered User regular
    @Briguy "Potential Well sibling withstanding"

Bri I swear you've become as much a part of this comic as Katie and Adam

• Options
    wowfoodwowfood Registered User new member
    wait a second, that last panel.. Is Malachi... Sharing?

Holy cow he's been replaced!

• Options
    MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    No worries about the "mystery condiment" Seventeen found. Fred has been tasting this stuff all along, and if it was lethal we'd know it by now.

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    @Morgan%20Blackpowder

I'm assuming you don't have a cat, because cats are ALWAYS silently watching, guarding, waiting to strike...

• Options
    SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    niy61otx5vsp.gif

Sorry Katie, but it was the first thought in my head when I read this. :')
    So I HAD to draw this terrible joke, sorry, but not really... :'D

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Tibxero wrote: »
    @Briguy Bri I swear you've become as much a part of this comic as Katie and Adam

We're considering hiring him on as our community manager. It's a full-time job, so he'd need to quit whatever job he has now. It's an unpaid position, but he can have any one (1) of our Pinny Arcade pins for free!

• Options
    edited November 2015
    AdamRW wrote: »
    Tibxero wrote: »
    @Briguy Bri I swear you've become as much a part of this comic as Katie and Adam

We're considering hiring him on as our community manager. It's a full-time job, so he'd need to quit whatever job he has now. It's an unpaid position, but he can have any one (1) of our Pinny Arcade pins for free!

To be fair, I put a lot of thought into my ramblings in the comments. Do you guys have an entire room dedicated to Camp W with one of those boards you see in mob movies with the strings linking everyone together? I think not. I do, and in the middle I have "shoes?!" circled. I don't know how shoes link everything together, yet, but I know it's important!

briguy on
  • Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Aww. Malachi's actually sharing.

I just realized. That's the same face Fred made when he, his dad, and his real mom ate together.

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nice tie in to American Thanksgiving too. :)

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    What's this?! A happy ending?! :?
    Must look for dark side of story.... :x
    Let's see... that soup looks thin.... and there's virtually no vegetables, no dairy, no fruit, no meat. Ok, here goes: 8-)

Mmmmmm... medium Ramen soup and what I can only assume are bread slices; A part of this unbalanced and malnourishing diet.

There, I did my best to bring a little darkness back to the comic. It's not working, is it? :( The happy is too strong with this episode.
    Must... resist... being... happy....

:)

• Options
    bansheekittybansheekitty Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    @SARGE

From the comic with the supply drop that started this arc:

http://campcomic.com/comic/255

they are the ends of loaves of bread. Fred then stacked them and cut them into slices. There actually are some veggies, since Fred mentioned there are also potato peelings and asparagus stalks.

Attempt to bring darkness to Fred's happy cook time: DENIED!

bansheekitty on
  • Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    @BansheeKitty and @Sarge
    What? You want darkness in this comic? Fine, I'll give you darkness. WE STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY THE CAMP HAD THAT INSTANT RAMEN! Yeah, I know I brought it up at least twice before, but it's a disgusting flavor at best and contains lead or some other deadly ingredient at worst.

• Options
    @AdamRW All joking aside isn't it about time we made @Briguy an official Camp Councilor? As I recall he has some experience...

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the North American readers out there! I hope your holidays are filled with joy and good, lasting memories for you and your families :). We don't have Thanksgiving on this tiny little island I call home, so I have to wait until Christmas to share in the festivities :P. Also, I wanna remind you guys about those around the world and in your own countries who may be less fortunate than you at this time of year, some even drastically so (for example, the families fleeing Syria due to war and terrorism). Let's all keep the less fortunate in our hearts during the holiday season and try our best to be charitable towards them. Volunteer, give your time, do some mentoring work, donate foodstuffs / money....whatever it may be, big or small. In other words, just be the best Fred you can possibly be, now and always. A small gesture granted in kindness can always go a long way, now more than ever.

WestIndianAgouti on
  • Options
    @WESTINDIANAGOUTI #FredUpWithHunger

• Options
    SporadicDuckSporadicDuck Registered User regular
    That was one of the most heart-warming comics I've read so far. Wonderful story arc!

• Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    @TIBXERO #FredUpWithHunger would be a great food drive. I'd contribute :D

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    @TIBXERO Malachi's charity would be the Malvation Army :3

• Options
    I legitimately think running a Fred Up with Hunger food/donation drive would be a cool idea.

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for this comic, for how beautiful, touching, and funny it can be. Also for the wonderful people it draws.

• Options
    greatsavegreatsave Registered User new member
    @WESTINDIANAGOUTI While Canadians everywhere appreciate the sentiment, please know that today is only American Thanksgiving; Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving last month.

Wishing you much to be thankful for, year-round.

• Options
    qozleqozle Registered User regular
    I was stressed for work, just got home, checked the comics, and I feel bit relieved already reading this. Thank you thank you thank you.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    @SARGE

From the comic with the supply drop that started this arc:

http://campcomic.com/comic/255

they are the ends of loaves of bread. Fred then stacked them and cut them into slices. There actually are some veggies, since Fred mentioned there are also potato peelings and asparagus stalks.

Attempt to bring darkness to Fred's happy cook time: DENIED!

Good memory there banshekitty. I totally forgot about that bread being in the crate.