As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Changing email addresses

ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
Is it just me, or is the reactivation email server down too?

I've noticed that a lot of people IM me telling me that they never get their email for reactivating.

Now dearest Favlaud is experiencing this problem when he changed his email to his GMail account.

edit: Yes, I know the other thread is like right down there, but this is a little bit more important.

Obbi on

• JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    This is true. I also experienced that problem when switching to gmail. However a quick email to forumadmin@penny-arcade.com does indeed clear the problem up with a manual reactivation

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • IozIoz Registered User new member
    edited June 2004
    (Favlaud)

I sent them a letter half an hour ago, and i still haven't gotten a response.

Ioz on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Deni & I dont live and breathe the webmail app. Ill run through the list again.

Älphämönkëy on
    edited June 2004
    I just checked the account, favlaud never sent a request (unless he was the one who forgot their username). Anyway, I updated his account so he can access the forum anyway.

Älphämönkëy on
  • CainCain Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    I had this problem today, but deni fixed 'er up nicely.

Cain on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2004
    I did favlaud last night. I've been deleting the mail.

Seriously guys. I've been doing 15-20 a night. I know you are all excited about your new gmail accounts but you've got to cut us some slack.

denihilist on
  • crosspunishercrosspunisher Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    :(
    sorry

crosspunisher on
    edited June 2004
    sorry

It's cool puddin'... :winky:

denihilist on
  • crosspunishercrosspunisher Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    denihilist wrote:
    sorry

It's cool puddin'... :winky:

So I'm forgiven?? <3

crosspunisher on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    I don't quite understand why we require a reactivation in the first place.

Unless people can do that to register names under the same email account and then change them to some bullshit address.

Obbi on
    edited June 2004
    Exactly. Its a security thing to make sure you actually own said email account.

Ive been doing a fair ammount of them myself (even more now that I have Mail syncing with webmail).

Älphämönkëy on
    edited June 2004

Ive been doing a fair ammount of them myself (even more now that I have Mail syncing with webmail).

I noticed that...how are you syncing it? downloading but keeping it on the server? they even show up as answered...is this some kind of special mac thing that I'm going to be all, "Ithis and Ithat...stupid computers?"

denihilist on
    edited June 2004
    denihilist wrote:

I noticed that...how are you syncing it? downloading but keeping it on the server? they even show up as answered...is this some kind of special mac thing that I'm going to be all, "Ithis and Ithat...stupid computers?"
    I have it set to never erase from the server, and I have no idea how the mac tells the server things are read. By all technical accounts it shouldnt work, as I can't get IMAP to work, but meh. It misses things occasionally so I do login to the webmail every now and then to make sure Im not missing anything major.

EDIT : Now here is a mind job, there is about a 15 minute delay between when the webmail recognizes an email and when it gets transfered to the POP daemon. I just sent myself an email to forumadmin@ and frantically hit "get mail" until it appeared... 15 minutes... Sometime I really should talk to Jason at homelan to figure out how they are running their mail servers, because by my best guess this thing shouldnt be running as well as it is.

Älphämönkëy on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2004
    EDIT : Now here is a mind job, there is about a 15 minute delay between when the webmail recognizes an email and when it gets transfered to the POP daemon. I just sent myself an email to forumadmin@ and frantically hit "get mail" until it appeared... 15 minutes... Sometime I really should talk to Jason at homelan to figure out how they are running their mail servers, because by my best guess this thing shouldnt be running as well as it is.

Whoa, that's pretty fucked up. I get pissed when I have 10 second pauses between mail transfers.

How many tests did you run to determine it was actually 15 minutes and not just some screwup? I mean, we all know it's highly unlikely for a HomeLAN server to have issues, but it could happen.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2004
    I sent two emails. Though Ill try again later to make sure Im just not being retarded.

Älphämönkëy on