As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Path of Fire expansion to be released on Sept 22!

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @ringswraith how many nightmare dungeons have you done in TSW? I don't think the raid is much harder than them, beyond 18s at least.

You do have to be on point for mechanics and doing you dos rotation/priority at the same time.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hm. Is the raid really that gear/skill intensive?

I might withdraw my interest in trying it if that is the case. I'm not that serious a player, and I'm sure others much better than me would be in a better position to make these attempts.

My impression is that the raids are VERY skill intensive, and moderately gear intensive. By moderately, I mean you could get away with Rampager's or Carrion, but your Condi DPS needs full primary-stat condi gear, your regular DPS needs full primary-stat power gear (so, a mix of Soldier's and Berserkers would probably be fine). You also don't need Engineers as your primary condi people, but Engineers really are the best at it, and like most things Engineers are good at, we have a pretty narrow set of skills we have to use to BE good at it (because we can sorta kinda do everything in the game a little bit). As an Engineer, you do not have a weapon swap, so you really DO need to be running dual pistols if you're doing Condi DPS.

That said, depending on your gear, an Engineer could effectively fill any role in a raid, I think. You could be a Power Rifle or Power Hammer engineer in Berserker for regular power-based DPS; you could be a Healing engineer rocking Healing Turret, Elixir Gun, Crate Drop, Pistol/Shield, & I suppose some Elixirs or some such (though a Druid in this case WILL be better at you than this); you could be a Hammer or Pistol/Shield Engineer in Knight's / other Toughness gear with Tool Kit, Elixirs, and probably Elixir X made to just stand around and fail to die... you could probably have a whole team of Engineers and do this raid. But you do need to pick a role you want to play and dedicate yourself to it; you need to go for the appropriate gear (be it Exotic or Ascended), use the appropriate weapons and skills, and be willing to make sacrifices.

If that's not for you, maybe raids aren't for you. For me, I enjoy the challenge of coming up with a precise build for the precise situation; that's the whole reason I love playing Engineer. But it's not for everybody.

Please don't misunderstand. I love my Engineer. I do like the flexibility even though I normally don't make much use of it. (I love Flamethrower. Sue me.) I did Triple Trouble in an EVOS group last night and went dual pistol (rares only) to do condi, though.

However, my point still stands. I'm more of a casual player. The raid sounds like it's well above my playgrade, so I'll leave that up to the rest of you. :)

Raids are always the bleeding edge of high end content when they come out. Eventually knowledge trickles down and gear levels in general increase and the content becomes less intensive. It still require a lot of logistical legwork because schedules have to be coordinated and all, but you're no longer going to wipe because you screwed up a rotation. It's usually not until after that that raids become viable for people that have more time commitments.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    @ringswraith how many nightmare dungeons have you done in TSW? I don't think the raid is much harder than them, beyond 18s at least.

You do have to be on point for mechanics and doing you dos rotation/priority at the same time.

Too many and not enough, depending on point of view. ;)

And I get that. I'm just saying, my playstyle isn't really for the current mindset. But there's tons of other things in GW2 to do. And like @Steel Angel said, at some point I should be able to do it. It's just not now.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I added my dudes to the overflow list

Warrior is my main, who is best geared. The rest are in Exotics, and will be geared when I decide to really play it :P

Moved my guy to the overflow as well. I also have a mesmer (condi) and a necromancer (uh, power I guess) but the latter's only in yellows.

EDIT: Feldorn Totally hear what you're saying about engineer rifle and condi, but seeing as that's the weapon I use all the time in PvE, I'm gonna make that first.

At least, that's what makes sense in my head. 'Coz there might be a Guild Wars 3 by the time I can even get Predator together.

Fair enough, just be aware that your ascended rifle will benefit you more with Zerk or Assassin stats than it would with Rabid or Sinister.

I guess I'm confused. Why wouldn't Viper benefit me if I use kits 99% of the time?

It will still benefit you stat-wise, just that the skills would be of marginal use. If you're already geared viper, go for it.

Still craft something like carrion or rampages and the mystic forge stat-swap.

It's because you DO use your actual weapon in a Condi Engineer build if you're using pistol. Pistol #4 has HUGE DPS if you use it at point blank -- 3 stacks of Burning, plus more if you're rocking Incendiary Powder. Plus, you can rack up Confusion, Blind, Poison, and Bleeding stupid fast. I actually spend more time in Pistol than I do my kits...

Actually, I've been meaning to do this for a while, so...

Lucid Seraph's Easy-Peasy No Bullshit Condi Engineer DPS Rotation Guide (Plus Some Other Tips)

(I'll make a shiny version with pix later)
    Holy shit, you say. That's so many buttons to push! I am very confused and frightened by my Condi Engineer DPS rotation! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FEAR NOT. IS ACTUALLY FAR SIMPLER THAN IT LOOKS. In truth you are rotating only between 5 skills. The rest is gravy.

1. Incendiary Ammo (Toolbelt)
    2. Napalm (Flamethrower 4)
    3. Fire Bomb (Bomb 2)
    4. Blowtorch (Pistol 4)
    5. Shrapnel Grenade (Grenade 2)

That's it. Essentially, the same number of buttons as anyone else's rotation, just split across 3 kits, your toolbelt, and your offhand weapon. Also, the order I've posted there isn't 100% necessary: I usually open with Incendiary and Blowtorch, then Napalm, then Fire Bomb, for instance, because I like fire. It's more that those 5 skills are your "money" skills.

The so-called "complexity" comes because all those skills have a slightly longer cooldown than it takes to immediately start the rotation again, so you have to fill in the gaps before you start your burst rotation a second time. This is basically you just slamming a bunch of buttons depending on the situation.

SITUATION 1: I NEED A LOT OF CONDITION DAMAGE, OR HEALING SHUT-DOWN, AND FOR SOME REASON I DON'T WANT TO BREAK A BOSS' BREAK BAR.

Fill out with Pistol #1 & 2, Grenade 5, Bomb 3, and Mortar 2 until everything else is off cooldown.

SITUATION 2: I JUST NEED FUCKTONS OF DAMAGE

The same as Situation 1, but try to start with:

Grenade Barrage, Orbital Strike, and Flame Blast (Flamethrower 2)

Honestly, by this point your money stuff should be on cooldown anyway, so don't worry about it.

SITUATION 3: WE NEED TO BREAK THIS BOSS' BREAK BAR, AND EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS

This is a bit more complicated. 90% of your stuff does damage over time to the breakbar. You only have two sources of big damage to the break bar are Big Ol' Bomb and Air Blast (flamethrower #3). You won't be doing Tarir South with this build, but for a raid boss do not underestimate the value of just a few more bits of damage to that bar.

With that said, you do have a LOT of resources for DoT on the breakbar. In order of how useful/powerful...

Immobilize & Cripple: Pistol #5 & Bomb #5
    Chill: Mortar #3 and Grenade #4
    Blind: Grenade #3, Mortar #4, Bomb #4, Flamethrower #5, Pistol #3

SITUATION 4: OH GOD I NEED HEALS & CONDI CLEANSE

For condi, you are shit out of luck. I really hope you have a druid, guardian, mesmer, or necromancer buddy with those traits. You can drop your Healing Turret, overcharge it, and pick it up again, but, uh, yeah.

Heals are easier. Set Big Ol Bomb and Orbital Strike, then put down your Healing Turret, overcharge it. If that's not enough, blow up the healing turret. If your turret is on cooldown but you still have blast finishers, you can do the same sequence with Mortar #5. If you're REALLY GOOD at timing you might be able to pull it off with your Turret toolbelt skill, but I'm bad at that. In a pinch, Mortar #5 does a little bit of healing on its own.

IN THE END: ALL THIS SHIT I JUST SAID IS GRAVY ON TOP OF THAT INITIAL ROTATION OF 5 SKILLS. Those 5 skills are the only thing you should really be worrying about in any situation. I HOPE THIS WAS INFORMATIVE, AND STUFF.

Sharkey, is that a pug? are you not coming with me in my raid ;-;

*edit* Looking at our raid group, I'm going to tentatively say 9:00 PM EST on Tuesdays? With a hard cutoff of 11:30 PM EST.

That sounds good to me!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    @Lucid_Seraph

Would like to join your raid but I am EU time sadly :(

I am considering setting up a similar relaxed raid group for EU times.

@Enig Corrigan is doing an EUish run on Wednesdays at 20:00 GMT. We currently only have six (I think) regulars so drop him ( @CorriganX ) a message if you're interested in joining us.

That goes for any other folks who can join in at that time, drop Corr a message with what you would be bringing.

Would be great to get a solid group to run through regularly. We've been pugging a few slots the past couple weeks with...varying...degrees of success (but nothing too horrific if I'm honest).

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    I like that they're working on WvW

I worry that they've apparently been working on this "overhaul" (bit skeptical, Anet likes to call relatively small changes "overhauls") for a year and this is the first we've heard about it. This has been Anet's pattern - to not show us anything until it's too late to make significant changes.

• The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So I just unlocked the fractal 3 mastery. Should I crack open the 80 fractal boxes I have keys for now or wait till I finish off fractal 4? I won't get any more rewards for finishing off the fractal mastery from those boxes right?

ANet have said fractal rewards will be updated in a December patch. So I would hold onto all your boxes until after that patch.

Also, if you have any stabilizing matrices that you want to turn into keys do it now, as after the patch it will go from 1xMatrix=2xKeys down to 1xMatrices=1xKey.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Free stuff in the Trading Post!

EXP Booster and TP Express

TP express is a big fat whatever, but the EXP booster is FANTASTIC if you (like me) haven't filled out all your Masteries yet.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If you need Zealot's Insignia, its available from Bard's Waypoint right now. [&BMwCAAA=] is the chatcode for it.

Need pact commander mastery to get Supply Line usage.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Free stuff in the Trading Post!

EXP Booster and TP Express

TP express is a big fat whatever, but the EXP booster is FANTASTIC if you (like me) haven't filled out all your Masteries yet.

TP Express is entirely in the category of "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" While you rarely need something bought off the TP so bad that you can't WP to LA (or my fav, Accountancy WP in Rata Sum) for it, dropping one of those outside of Spirit Vale before a serious boss attempt will make you a lot of friends.

XP Booster 2.0 is pretty fantastic, even if you still have masteries to unlock, since it also boosts Wuv Rank XP and PvP reward track gain. That makes it wonderful to have if you're in the middle of precursor crafting and need Shards of Glory and Memories of Battle for the T1 weapon or the final step of a HoT legendary.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hey, it's free! Can't beat that. I wish it was something cosmetic, like an outfit or a hat, but whatever.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Free Transmutation Charge and Item Booster today.

We keep the theme of one "meh, if it's free" thing and one "ok, sure" thing.

Wait, there's a new thing every day? I wasn't expecting that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Wait a minute.

The bandit sniper pack is on sale for 2000 gems..... from 2850 gems.....

It was never 2850.... they made that up?!?!? It debuted at 2000 gems.

Are they now doing shady non-sale sales?

All research points to yes. And there is another item just like it.

How the hell do they need to fleece people when we all just bought the expansion?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The 2850 gems is the price of an outfit, a glider skin, and all the other components individually. The 2000 is the 'Bundle' price.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

The bandit sniper pack is on sale for 2000 gems..... from 2850 gems.....

It was never 2850.... they made that up?!?!? It debuted at 2000 gems.

Are they now doing shady non-sale sales?

A lot of stuff seems on permanent discount. I don't check the store often, but it seems like the account bump and account jump start bundle are always at the current discounts. Same I think with booster + bag slot bundle.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    How the hell do they need to fleece people when we all just bought the expansion?
    Gem Store mode is in overdrive to acquire cash from all the returning players who will put the game back down after a month or two.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I usually check the gem store and I haven't seen anything actually go on "sale" since the outfits a little while back. I was hoping for something flashier for the giveaway, but I'll manage.

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Gem Store mode is in overdrive to acquire cash from all the returning players who will put the game back down after a month or two.

If that were true, they'd be putting the wings back up for sale along with a new pair of glorious golden wings. Maybe a few other color variants as well.

The stuff they've been pulling this past month indicates that they're just trying new and "exciting" ways to get people to spend their money. Judging by current gem prices, it's not working all too well.

In this case mojo, you may be getting this bundle mixed up with last week's raider bundle, which started at 2k and discounted from there. I've been tracking this since it dropped and it was always 2.8k discounted to 2k. Still incredibly stupid, though - next you'll see them reducing prices across the board by 1 gem to make us think the prices are significantly lower than they are, but eh.

Gem store has been doing a pretty awful job this month at dropping any high profile items, which is concerning because it's supposed to be a big month for 'em. They just blew it with one of the biggest consumer spending days of the year, and I doubt they'll be doing much aside from charity up through Monday either.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I actually really like the sniper outfit.

I am one of those awful people who actually uses outfits most of the time in fact.

steam_sig.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I actually really like the sniper outfit.

I am one of those awful people who actually uses outfits most of the time in fact.

You're not as awful as the people that buy minipets. :P

(But really, like whatever you want to, I just feel that people buying them incentivizes the store team to make more, instead of making useful things (or even useful cosmetic things). )

Perrsun on
    edited November 2015
    Some person posted their Guild MotD farming list on reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ujb89/guild_motd_text_with_wood_locations/

This one looks pretty comprehensive, and has WAY more locations than I ever knew. Also optimized "travelling salesman"-style to minimize teleport costs. In spoiler below:
    In the process of making an optimal route of the original right now. Will try and go through this list and find optimal waypoints as well. Will post back here when complete. Thank you for this.
    EDIT: Jesus christ never doing this again. Maybe I'm just bad at this stuff, but it took forever.
    I took all the points from the original post, then all the maps from this post and attempted to find the best waypoints in each map for wood farming. Mostly around forests and such, where trees tend to spawn more often and denser. If there's no directions next to a wood point, it means just run around the area and harvest. I typically go to the point and harvest everything I can see until i can't see anything on the minimap any further. Sometimes wood may not spawn anywhere by the waypoint, I just run around a bit and if I don't find anything, move on. Wood is finicky so don't waste your time.
    Otherwise this list will take you all the way across tyria in a big snake to what I believe is the cheapest route, should be doable in about an hour. I added quartz as well because it's price has skyrocketed recently. If something is screwy let me know and I'll fix it.
    Here's the key: [Rich node: I=Iron P=Plat] (wood type: se=Seasoned so=Soft h=Hard e=Elder) {Others: Po=Potato Q=Quartz Sp=Spinach Art=Artichoke Pa=Passiflora} [WAYPOINT] Direction
    I know it's a bit confusing but it barely fits in the MOTD so I had to be a bit creative with it. Unfortunately the key doesn't fit, so good luck I suppose.
    (h)[&BE0BAAA=]
    [I][&BEsBAAA=] S
    {Po}[&BMcDAAA=] S
    [I][&BP0BAAA=] SE>N
    (se)[&BAECAAA=] SW
    (se)[&BOYBAAA=] SW

(h)[&BOQBAAA=] N
    (so)[&BMUDAAA=] SW
    [P][&BO8BAAA=] NE
    [P][&BO4BAAA=] S>N
    [P][&BBoCAAA=] E>S
    (h)[&BBsCAAA=] W

[P][&BB4CAAA=] NE
    [I][&BF4BAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BL8AAAA=] S
    [I][&BGUCAAA=] NE
    (se)[&BFoCAAA=]
    (h)[&BOUAAAA=]

[P][&BFECAAA=] W
    (h)[&BEUCAAA=]
    [P][&BNQCAAA=] NW
    {Art}[&BNECAAA=] SE
    [P](h)[&BMkCAAA=] W>S>W
    {Art}[&BFgGAAA=] NE

(e)[&BPgCAAA=] W
    (e)[&BKYCAAA=] SW
    {Pa}[&BNUGAAA=] E&W>N 
    [P](h)[&BMkBAAA=] NW>S
    [P](h)[&BMwBAAA=] N
    (h)[&BKwBAAA=] N>W

[P][&BK0BAAA=] NE
    [I][&BFEGAAA=] NE>W
    [I](so)[&BJMBAAA=] N>W
    {Sp}[&BOQAAAA=] W
    (so)[&BKkAAAA=]
    (se)[&BKgAAAA=] SE

[I][&BKsAAAA=] W>N
    (so)[&BOAAAAA=] S
    (so)[&BAcAAAA=] S
    [I](so)[&BBIAAAA=] SW
    [I](so)[&BAQAAAA=] NW
    {Sp}(so)[&BFwAAAA=] S

{Po}[&BEIAAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BGMAAAA=] SW
    {Q}[&BHoHAAA=] S (circle up)
    {Q}[&BJcHAAA=] E
    {Mix}[&BIYHAAA=] N
    {Flax}[&BOAHAAA=] Below

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Hey guys, we've mentioned this a few times before but it bears repeating: please do not take over this thread for organizing your raids. There are several raids being run by various guild members (me, Corrigan, @Lucid_Seraph , possibly others?), but please contact them directly via PM if you're interested in raiding. Organizers may announce here that they are LFM but please respond in PMs and do all your scheduling there as well or it'll start to get confusing and overwhelm the rest of the thread. :)

In other news, Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who celebrates it! I just got home from a weeklong trip and came back to a nice clean new-thread smell. It's like a basket of laundry warm from the dryer. :)

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    "If you're not a raider, you're not really a person."
    -Corrigan

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Wow...this new fireball animation is horrible. I'm shelving my elementalist until they revert that. Honestly, like...the ability particle FX is alot of my enjoyment with this game. If they go nerfing them, I will walk away from the game. :(

I know that may sound really petty or small a thing but it's just a really big source of fun for me.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ujb89/guild_motd_text_with_wood_locations/

This one looks pretty comprehensive, and has WAY more locations than I ever knew. Also optimized "travelling salesman"-style to minimize teleport costs. In spoiler below:
    In the process of making an optimal route of the original right now. Will try and go through this list and find optimal waypoints as well. Will post back here when complete. Thank you for this.
    EDIT: Jesus christ never doing this again. Maybe I'm just bad at this stuff, but it took forever.
    I took all the points from the original post, then all the maps from this post and attempted to find the best waypoints in each map for wood farming. Mostly around forests and such, where trees tend to spawn more often and denser. If there's no directions next to a wood point, it means just run around the area and harvest. I typically go to the point and harvest everything I can see until i can't see anything on the minimap any further. Sometimes wood may not spawn anywhere by the waypoint, I just run around a bit and if I don't find anything, move on. Wood is finicky so don't waste your time.
    Otherwise this list will take you all the way across tyria in a big snake to what I believe is the cheapest route, should be doable in about an hour. I added quartz as well because it's price has skyrocketed recently. If something is screwy let me know and I'll fix it.
    Here's the key: [Rich node: I=Iron P=Plat] (wood type: se=Seasoned so=Soft h=Hard e=Elder) {Others: Po=Potato Q=Quartz Sp=Spinach Art=Artichoke Pa=Passiflora} [WAYPOINT] Direction
    I know it's a bit confusing but it barely fits in the MOTD so I had to be a bit creative with it. Unfortunately the key doesn't fit, so good luck I suppose.
    (h)[&BE0BAAA=]
    [I][&BEsBAAA=] S
    {Po}[&BMcDAAA=] S
    [I][&BP0BAAA=] SE>N
    (se)[&BAECAAA=] SW
    (se)[&BOYBAAA=] SW

(h)[&BOQBAAA=] N
    (so)[&BMUDAAA=] SW
    [P][&BO8BAAA=] NE
    [P][&BO4BAAA=] S>N
    [P][&BBoCAAA=] E>S
    (h)[&BBsCAAA=] W

[P][&BB4CAAA=] NE
    [I][&BF4BAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BL8AAAA=] S
    [I][&BGUCAAA=] NE
    (se)[&BFoCAAA=]
    (h)[&BOUAAAA=]

[P][&BFECAAA=] W
    (h)[&BEUCAAA=]
    [P][&BNQCAAA=] NW
    {Art}[&BNECAAA=] SE
    [P](h)[&BMkCAAA=] W>S>W
    {Art}[&BFgGAAA=] NE

(e)[&BPgCAAA=] W
    (e)[&BKYCAAA=] SW
    {Pa}[&BNUGAAA=] E&W>N 
    [P](h)[&BMkBAAA=] NW>S
    [P](h)[&BMwBAAA=] N
    (h)[&BKwBAAA=] N>W

[P][&BK0BAAA=] NE
    [I][&BFEGAAA=] NE>W
    [I](so)[&BJMBAAA=] N>W
    {Sp}[&BOQAAAA=] W
    (so)[&BKkAAAA=]
    (se)[&BKgAAAA=] SE

[I][&BKsAAAA=] W>N
    (so)[&BOAAAAA=] S
    (so)[&BAcAAAA=] S
    [I](so)[&BBIAAAA=] SW
    [I](so)[&BAQAAAA=] NW
    {Sp}(so)[&BFwAAAA=] S

{Po}[&BEIAAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BGMAAAA=] SW
    {Q}[&BJcHAAA=] E
    {Mix}[&BIYHAAA=] N
    {Flax}[&BOAHAAA=] Below

Out of curiosity, why are there blank entries? Or is that a formatting thing and those were just spaced out for clarity?

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

(h)[&BE0BAAA=]
    [I][&BEsBAAA=] S
    {Po}[&BMcDAAA=] S
    [I][&BP0BAAA=] SE>N
    (se)[&BAECAAA=] SW
    (se)[&BOYBAAA=] SW

(h)[&BOQBAAA=] N
    (so)[&BMUDAAA=] SW
    [P][&BO8BAAA=] NE
    [P][&BO4BAAA=] S>N
    [P][&BBoCAAA=] E>S
    (h)[&BBsCAAA=] W

[P][&BB4CAAA=] NE
    [I][&BF4BAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BL8AAAA=] S
    [I][&BGUCAAA=] NE
    (se)[&BFoCAAA=]
    (h)[&BOUAAAA=]

[P][&BFECAAA=] W
    (h)[&BEUCAAA=]
    [P][&BNQCAAA=] NW
    {Art}[&BNECAAA=] SE
    [P](h)[&BMkCAAA=] W>S>W
    {Art}[&BFgGAAA=] NE

(e)[&BPgCAAA=] W
    (e)[&BKYCAAA=] SW
    {Pa}[&BNUGAAA=] E&W>N 
    [P](h)[&BMkBAAA=] NW>S
    [P](h)[&BMwBAAA=] N
    (h)[&BKwBAAA=] N>W

[P][&BK0BAAA=] NE
    [I][&BFEGAAA=] NE>W
    [I](so)[&BJMBAAA=] N>W
    {Sp}[&BOQAAAA=] W
    (so)[&BKkAAAA=]
    (se)[&BKgAAAA=] SE

[I][&BKsAAAA=] W>N
    (so)[&BOAAAAA=] S
    (so)[&BAcAAAA=] S
    [I](so)[&BBIAAAA=] SW
    [I](so)[&BAQAAAA=] NW
    {Sp}(so)[&BFwAAAA=] S

{Po}[&BEIAAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BGMAAAA=] SW
    {Q}[&BJcHAAA=] E
    {Mix}[&BIYHAAA=] N
    {Flax}[&BOAHAAA=] Below

Out of curiosity, why are there blank entries? Or is that a formatting thing and those were just spaced out for clarity?

Clarity I'm sure. Every place I've seen that list it's exactly the same.

And the curse of the final story mission continues. Got some help from Sharkey and we cruised through it, only to find I was doing achievements on another step and forgot to choose it. It's really quite funny at this stage.

Anytime anyone is working on the final story mission, let me know!

EDIT: Inspired by Sharkey (I learned a lot) and our really easy run, I finally beat it. I was definitely choosing one of the harder fights in my run. Also, good positioning during the last fight is really important. I'm still up to help others get it and work towards achievements if any need.

Tulabelle on

(h)[&BE0BAAA=]
    [I][&BEsBAAA=] S
    {Po}[&BMcDAAA=] S
    [I][&BP0BAAA=] SE>N
    (se)[&BAECAAA=] SW
    (se)[&BOYBAAA=] SW

(h)[&BOQBAAA=] N
    (so)[&BMUDAAA=] SW
    [P][&BO8BAAA=] NE
    [P][&BO4BAAA=] S>N
    [P][&BBoCAAA=] E>S
    (h)[&BBsCAAA=] W

[P][&BB4CAAA=] NE
    [I][&BF4BAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BL8AAAA=] S
    [I][&BGUCAAA=] NE
    (se)[&BFoCAAA=]
    (h)[&BOUAAAA=]

[P][&BFECAAA=] W
    (h)[&BEUCAAA=]
    [P][&BNQCAAA=] NW
    {Art}[&BNECAAA=] SE
    [P](h)[&BMkCAAA=] W>S>W
    {Art}[&BFgGAAA=] NE

(e)[&BPgCAAA=] W
    (e)[&BKYCAAA=] SW
    {Pa}[&BNUGAAA=] E&W>N 
    [P](h)[&BMkBAAA=] NW>S
    [P](h)[&BMwBAAA=] N
    (h)[&BKwBAAA=] N>W

[P][&BK0BAAA=] NE
    [I][&BFEGAAA=] NE>W
    [I](so)[&BJMBAAA=] N>W
    {Sp}[&BOQAAAA=] W
    (so)[&BKkAAAA=]
    (se)[&BKgAAAA=] SE

[I][&BKsAAAA=] W>N
    (so)[&BOAAAAA=] S
    (so)[&BAcAAAA=] S
    [I](so)[&BBIAAAA=] SW
    [I](so)[&BAQAAAA=] NW
    {Sp}(so)[&BFwAAAA=] S

{Po}[&BEIAAAA=] NW
    [I](so)[&BGMAAAA=] SW
    {Q}[&BJcHAAA=] E
    {Mix}[&BIYHAAA=] N
    {Flax}[&BOAHAAA=] Below

Clarity, I'm guessing. Because WALL OF TEXT is really difficult to parse at times.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Today's free stuff: A Bank Access Express and a Mystic Forge Stone.

Each of the daily things haven't been too impressive, but combined together, it feels much better than just the "LOL XP Booster + Trading Post Express" on the first day. Although, to be fair, a friend of mine just used the XP Booster and leveled her Mesmer from 70 to 80 last night. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited November 2015
    Oh, also, I put it in (code) tags because the rich iron vein notation was making everything Italics in BBCode. Which means that list probably won't work well as a copy-pasta unless you have the original list from the reddit thread (since the copy-pasta will include the code row numbers) or from a quote/edit of my post. Sorry!

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Hey guys we have lots of new benefits in the guild hall, including better tavern boosts and more goods sold by the guild trader. Check them out!

To progress further, we need a lot of:

-Empty Kegs
    -Glass Mugs
    -Ley-Line Infused Tools

These things are all a bit of a pain to make, so if you can do so make a couple and throw them in. I know it feels like a drop in the bucket but we're making real progress and once we have all this stuff, we have it! :)

• MillMill Registered User regular
    I can make glass mugs. So if i have the mats, I'll happily craft and chuck them to the guild efforts.

edited November 2015
    Speaking of which... I've come up with a nice little way to maximize the amount of Ley-Line Crystals I get running around in TD, as well as a chance for some free Chak Acid if you're wanting ley-line sparks for the tools (and don't have free character slots to run alts through the story instead) all in three easy steps.

Step 1: Enter Tangled Depths 20-30 minutes before the Chak garent event starts. You can see when that happens on Dulfy here. But basically it's 20 minutes after the hour every two hours, starting the same hour as reset, so you basically want in at, for an example time, 7:50 CST/8:50 EST.

Step 2: Do as many events/adventures/etc as you can to boost your participation up to 100% or more. Don't worry if all the metas in the map are done, just do the ones that spawn afterwards instead; most are group events fighting champs, but there are a handful that can be soloed, like clearing the beetle spawning grounds of chak or escorting lost golems back to Rata Novus, as well as most of the escorts that preempt those champs.

If you can get 100% participation or more on a T4 TD map before the pre for the garent spawns, you'll get the full bonus of 75 leyline crystals for just under a half hour of play. If you get at least one stash to drop, that's enough for 10 chak acid.

Step 3(and this is the contentious one): Try to make a semi-serious attempt on the Garent. Yes, I know the final rewards are not proportional to the effort. Yes, I am aware that the faster it fails, the faster the meta starts up again, but it doesn't need to succeed, it just needs to have some success. AFAIK, if even one lane succeeds in driving up the garent (Scar Lane is the easist one for this if noone on the map you're on cares) you get a meta progress chest and a end-of-meta chest. If every lane can do it? Free Chak Acid, and the amount of crystals and acid you get goes up the further the map goes before it fails. Last time I did an attempt this, we got every lane to succeed once, and 2/4 lanes made it for step two, and that got me 2 vials of acid and another 40 ley-line crystals, much more than what I would have gotten if the map just failed and I spent that time doing the metas.

On average, you should get about 100-140 crystals doing this, depending on hunting stash drops and how far the garent event goes, plus you'll end up in a fresh TD map with full map participation ready to get another 50-60 crystals as you get full participation bonus for all the meta progression chests. That's about 20+ vials of chak acid in just over an hour, if you do it this way, with about a 40-50 minute break in between to do other stuff.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The very quickest way to get mats for mugs is to run Dry Top a bunch. You will also get Quartz, which you need for Ley-Line Infused Tools, and hella EXP (for masteries) this way.

Silverwastes is OK, not as much sand, but if you need money (like I do) it's more profitable all around.

*e* Fastest way for kegs is to park a bunch of alts at the Jaka Itzel flax farm and... well, farm a lot of flax. Even with all 5 of my characters farming there every day I usually can only get 1 keg per day though :( But if more of us do it, maybe we can make progress.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    I just put a handful of glass mugs in the guild bank. I need to collect more sand!

Also, is anyone needing those gossamer scraps in there? If not, I'd like to get them to level my tailor. :)

edited November 2015
    Sorry that I kept crashing on the raid attempt tonight.

Hopefully I have it fixed though; After spending about two hours looking at a hardware montior wondering how I could crash with perfectly normal temperatures, I recalled that I'm using a brand new hard drive with a fresh Windows install, and forgot to reinstall the latest drivers for my old-as-the-pyramids motherboard, something that has fixed issues like that before. (in fact, I have to use a network card for internet rather than the on-board adapters, because the drivers that would turn on the 'board ethernet hookups causes constant blue screen errors with the version of windows I'm running) Work night means I won't know for sure until tommorow though.

God, I can't wait until I save enough money to replace this thing.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    And now for something completely different!

A memser finds a creative way to counter Revenant's Sword 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbiFUV9G76s

steam_sig.png
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Worth noting for mesmers attempting vale guardian: if your raid's well over the damage cap for the fight, consider swapping a utility out for phantasmal defender. Chances are you're losing cuz of random deaths. That'll help mitigate.

I have no idea what happened here.

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular

I have no idea what happened here.

You're watching from the perspective of the Revenant. Let's call her Alice. The mesmer shall be called Bob. Alice is fighting Bob. Alice initiates sword skill 3, which is the common 'jumping-slash-at-things-a-bunch' skill. The important property of this skill is that it tracks targets, teleporting to each one in turn. Bob drops a portal and uses it to escape Alice's attack. Alice unexpectedly follows Bob after he uses the portal. Bob retreats back through the portal, leaving Alice behind at the other end.

what a happy day it is
This discussion has been closed.