As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    MP Tracks is so disappointing, I had to impulse purchase a Gundog just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

8aVThp6.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    MP Tracks is so disappointing, I had to impulse purchase a Gundog just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

What made him disappointing? I bought the Prowl and Bluestreak and the lack of nice wheels and metal made me disappointed enough to not buy a MP since.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    He's hollow, he's flimsy, and his engineering feels more suited to a CHUG deluxe.

It's like, the Prowl and Sideswipe molds? I see where what you're saying with Prowl about the lack of die-cast and whatnot, but I feel like those molds still pull it off to a sufficient degree to warrant Masterpiece status.

Tracks is waaaaaaaaaay too much of that, by the standards of someone who thinks that Prowl is just fine. So weigh him accordingly.

Or don't, because the scale won't register him.

8aVThp6.png
    Here's a completely unscientific comparison.

MP Tracks weighs 4.25 oz and costs approximately $79.99.

Maketoys Gundog v2Y weighs 9.85 oz and costs $89.99.

MP Bumblebee weighs 2.25 oz. MP Prowl weighs 5.20 oz. MP10 Optimus weighs 15.05 oz.

Those last few are just because I had a scale and they were in range.

I would love to combine something like this with other variables like piece count, but who has the time?

8aVThp6.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It helps if you can get Tracks for only ~$50.

But yeah that does sound disappointing.

He's hollow, he's flimsy, and his engineering feels more suited to a CHUG deluxe.

It's like, the Prowl and Sideswipe molds? I see where what you're saying with Prowl about the lack of die-cast and whatnot, but I feel like those molds still pull it off to a sufficient degree to warrant Masterpiece status.

Tracks is waaaaaaaaaay too much of that, by the standards of someone who thinks that Prowl is just fine. So weigh him accordingly.

Or don't, because the scale won't register him.

Oh yikes, yeah I would also rank him as not worth it. Thanks for taking the time to weigh them. I bought my Prowl because I figured I would never see a domestic Bluestreak and was sorely disappointed when I opened him. Guess he is a bit more burly than I originally imagined since he weighs a pretty good amount. Speaking of MP toys, how is the Sideswipe?

oosik_betsuni.png
    I feel like weight is a completely dumb, arbitrary metric for this kind of thing, right up until you get something as light and flimsy as Tracks and as hefty and sturdy as Gundog within a week of each other. It's really night and day. He's a shellformer without most of the non-shell bits. Clever, but I feel like you could fit a Legends class figure inside him in robot mode and have him wear Tracks as a suit.

Sideswipe is pretty okay. Everything fits together, and he has a sufficient level of solidness for what he is, but there isn't any die-cast involved or anything, so if you don't like Prowl, you probably won't like Sideswipe, because he's somewhere around that level.

8aVThp6.png
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the info on the Sideswipe. I might pick one up if the price is right. I don't completely hate Prowl, just disappointed. The economic part of my brain thinks that the price is a bit high for what I am getting. But in reality it isn't that far off since I recently got the Devastator and it cost more than a MP and the other Transformers toys are priced accordingly.

I had to go look up Gundog and it really looks awesome.

Edit: For really bad writing.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    So I caved and bought the two pack of triple changers from Amazon yesterday. Please tell me that they don't look like utter crap in person because I want to believe that their photos make them look worse than they really are. Why did they not use the G1 coloring for them?

oosik_betsuni.png
    This year's Platinum Edition theme was Creamsickle, sorry.

8aVThp6.png
    Speaking of Platinum Edition, anybody else get a Trypticon?

Speaking of Platinum, finally got Devastation. Haven't got around to playing it yet.

Waiting for the Generations version.

So, 2017. Or 2018.

8aVThp6.png
    Yeah, supposed to be 2017 but who knows.

I voted for Scorponok but Tryps is fine. Never actually owned a G1 so I'm looking forward to the Platinum one even if the sale price of $125 is still a bit much...and will likely be clearanced at some point now.

Schide wrote: »

I voted for Scorponok but Tryps is fine. Never actually owned a G1 so I'm looking forward to the Platinum one even if the sale price of $125 is still a bit much...and will likely be clearanced at some point now.

Damn, they had him for $113 on Amazon for Cyber Monday. I almost bought one but decided that I didn't care about him as much as Metroplex.
    This year's Platinum Edition theme was Creamsickle, sorry.

Damn... oh well, guess at least I will finally have them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Damn, they had him for $113 on Amazon for Cyber Monday. I almost bought one but decided that I didn't care about him as much as Metroplex.

Goddamit. How'd I miss that?

Nobody wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Goddamit. How'd I miss that?

Damn, I should have posted it here. I'm sorry guys.

oosik_betsuni.png
    It's okay, I had a variation of it saved on my wishlist, apparently it was the wrong one.

I'll wait till they dip in price a bit more, I want one, but not enough to get it used and still pay over $100 for it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was that low again between now and Christmas. If I see that it is I'll let the thread know.

And like I said there's a good chance that eventually it will be under $100 at some point.

My kingdom for a Nemesis altmode for Generations Trypticon.

8aVThp6.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So HLJ had their sale thing where a 20000jpy purchase netted you 15% off, and Riobot Anubis was 19800jpy so I added some Gunpla weapon pack for 240jpy and finally bought the Anubis I've been mulling over for awhile

I figured it would go on a bigger sale because Riobot Jehuty went like half price a few times, but HLJ was showing low stock for Anubis so I figured it was worth getting now and not have to worry if it actually sells out like Riobot Orgun

Plus Jehuty and Anubis are the coolest sleekest most glorious of all giant robots soooooooo

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    That is even better than their black friday deal.

oosik_betsuni.png

Trigger pulled, thank you for the head's up!

So thoughts on Trypticon:

*I had forgotten he came from the era of "lots of little loose parts you can't always attach" what with the radar dishes and guns that you can't attach all at the same time, and I'm impressed they went that far to include them in the rerelease.

*I had never put the stickers on my original one (I was never a fan of them) but they did a good job of getting them on straight before packaging.

*I need a bigger shelf to put him on.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    My Takara UW Defensor arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm really Happy with it. Everything locks into place firmly and when combined with the PE hands and feet it doesn't feel like it's about to fall over, unlike Superion.

When I first saw the Hasbro version I was put off by the torso mode's small hip joints, but while playing with this figure in person I barely notice it at all.

Groove is a neat little figure and I love his bike mode. Streetwise's mold is very fun and I love how his parts open up from the side, making it the transformation feel a lot smother compared to other deluxe limbs. Blades is alright but I wish his face looked more younger; also the propellers part just hangs there in robot mode. First Aid is an alright figure, with a great head sculpt; love the character in the comic. Hotspot is also pretty great; managed to do the knee trick to lock them in firmly.

Combined, everything locks into place firmly, even with the PE hands and feet it doesn't feel like it's about to fall over, unlike Superion. Speaking of whom, I also got the white PE hands and feet for him and he looks alot better now.

Also got the S.h.Figuarts Kamen Rider 1 and cyclone bike. Never watched the original show, but after watching Licenceless Rider's fight with Sea King in One Punch Man, i just had to get a similar figure. Plus this figure came with the rider kick effect part, which is just neat!

Anyway, after seeing pics and videos of the CW Bruticus, I really, really want one, but I'm going to wait for the inevitable takara version, despite the fact that it hasn't even been announced. Shame because I really like colours on the hasbro version, but getting the takara version will likely save me money and also has the possibility of including a shuttle version of Blast off.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    I put the Defensor set on my christmas wish list since I have the original set I figured it would be nice to have the newer one to go with it. Did not know that there is a CW Bruticus coming out. Should have figured it would since they made the others, but figured they would never make him since they made a game version instead. Now I sort of want this one, but will agree that they should make a space shuttle Blast Off instead of just once again remolding another existing bot. Thanks for the head's up on Bruticus, he was one I always wanted growing up.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Also got the S.h.Figuarts Kamen Rider 1 and cyclone bike. Never watched the original show, but after watching Licenceless Rider's fight with Sea King in One Punch Man, i just had to get a similar figure. Plus this figure came with the rider kick effect part, which is just neat!

That reminds me, I'd better hear about some One Punch Man figures being made some time soon, or I'm going to be angry. And sullen.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

That reminds me, I'd better hear about some One Punch Man figures being made some time soon, or I'm going to be angry. And sullen.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10710&mode=retail ?

Er, regular scale, I suppose I should have added.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    A Licenceless Rider Figma or S.h.figuart is a must. Preferably S.h.figuart because figma would delay it for a 1000 years :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Anyone happen to know if any of the other MegaMan X series figures that are out now look passable with that new Truforce X?

8aVThp6.png
    Truforce X is 6 inches tall so I think the D-Arts X figures are going to be too small to go with it well.

Ugh. Think they'll do a Zero?

8aVThp6.png
    No idea. Possibly, if additional sales of Truforce X have gone well enough.

MP Tracks and Road Rage are a bit disappointing, with regards to the hollow backpack, but I find myself annoyed more at Road Rage for having a floppy head. At least Tracks can lock a little.

I think my favourite MP Transformer mold would still have to be the Sideswipe one. Hope Ironhide ends up being better than it looks. Ratchet I'm not so worried about because the hip pieces aren't as noticeable due to the colour

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I found a CW Brawl and Swindle at a local shop where the prices tend to be high, that was closing where everything was 50% off.

Yeah, I'll take both at a total of $20.00

I think I'm the only person who's happy with the change to Blast Off for the CW Combaticons. I never thought a space shuttle "fit" with the rest of the team.

That being said, I'm also planning on skipping Shockwave and just use Viper for the Minicon since it fits the aesthetic.

I think I'm the only person who's happy with the change to Blast Off for the CW Combaticons. I never thought a space shuttle "fit" with the rest of the team.

That being said, I'm also planning on skipping Shockwave and just use Viper for the Minicon since it fits the aesthetic.

Yeah a plane does fit better than a space shuttle given what they are supposed to be. I figured they went with a shuttle so the Decepticons have another space able vehicle.
    Also back then the shuttle was cool and everybody wanted one.

oosik_betsuni.png

See, the thing is that Shockwave is really, really good. Like easily one of the best Legends size figures I've ever seen. The robot mode and gun mode are both super great. And if you wanted to you could get Shockwave for another combiner, like Galvatronus or whatever. Or really large figure. I think he works with Leader Megatron? I'll have to check.

Hrm, I'll need to see how he looks in person then.

This discussion has been closed.