As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    [/i][/b]
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Santa, those ice molds work pretty well!

IRRdQed.jpg?1

EXTERMINATE HEAT IN BEVERAGES

REFRIGERATE! REFRIGERATE!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Guys! Guys! Holy crap you won't believe this

Giftget.gif

I'm not kidding about the not believing part, I hardly believe it myself. I got an email this morning and as I checked the preview of it on my phone, it said something about a gift certificate. At first I think, oh what's this a voucher or some "contest" that I've won that I never entered. I was dubious about opening the email because it looks like the most obvious spam but then I re-read it, and read it once more. Gift certificate. Gift. What the hell? My wife and I don't typically buy gifts for one-another so close to Christmas, something wrong is happening here.

No. Not wrong. Something unbelievable is happening here.
    jjyhi9j4uub9.png

Some incredibly generous Santa has gifted me 5 goddamn laps in a V8 Supercar! :surprised: :surprised:

For those not in the know, this is what they are:
    581411-holden-racing-team.jpg

A fully-fledged V8 race car with about 600hp. 5 laps around Barbagallo Raceway and a further 3 in the passenger seat with a professional driver.

I am fucking floored. I can't believe this! This is an incredible gift, I can't think of any other way to say it. Thank you, whoever you are, you glorious bastard. If you decide to tell me who you are I'll send you a copy of the USB and in any case post it here for people to see.

Thank you once again :biggrin: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Guys! Guys! Holy crap you won't believe this

I lol'd when it cut off my name on the gift certificate. I'm glad you like it. By all means, put your laps up for the forums to view. Merry Christmas!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I got fucking @Handgimp as Secret Santa?? Bloody hell

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    [/i][/b]

IRRdQed.jpg?1

Dang, beat me to it!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    And suddenly, every other Santa felt completely inadequate...

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

Bah! None of this. People who've been around here long enough know that Handgimp is a very generous individual when it comes to this time of year, especially with Child's Play donations. I don't mean to speak for him, but I hope he's given what he feels comfortable enough to give, as I hope we all do in Secret Santa. Some amounts will be more and some less, and I don't want my excitement to diminishing the excitement of others - I want it to enhance the hype around here! Sending and receiving gifts to and from PA people is a fantastic feeling, regardless of content (unless it's bleach)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    [/i][/b]

IRRdQed.jpg?1

Dang, beat me to it!

I just feel like an idiot for not thinking of it! The TARDIS ice cubes came out pretty well too, except they sort of bulge outwards. Bigger on the inside I guess.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    That is a fantastically interesting and creative gift! Very cool. And I'm assuming good stalking too (as cool as I think it is I don't think I would go for driving a supercar, for example).

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular

I wonder if Hypatia saves him up and hands him out to the person they like the most that year! :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

I wonder if Hypatia saves him up and hands him out to the person they like the most that year! :)

You have to have been Suuuper good.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Santa, I am the sucks, and I am sorry for that.

I have 3 gifts here from you that need to be opened. You must be wondering what the heck is going on, understandably. And, uh, well, my marriage is pretty much falling apart. Couples counseling seems to be speeding us along to the end rather than helping us work things out. And since we have 2 very young children I just haven't felt up to a proper gift opening and post and whatnot. Also, looking over from time to time and seeing your packages is pretty much the only thing other than my children that puts a smile on my face lately. So I'm being selfish, and I'm sorry for that. You got these out impressively quickly, and I'm sorry for taking so long on my end.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Santa, I am the sucks, and I am sorry for that.

I have 3 gifts here from you that need to be opened. You must be wondering what the heck is going on, understandably. And, uh, well, my marriage is pretty much falling apart. Couples counseling seems to be speeding us along to the end rather than helping us work things out. And since we have 2 very young children I just haven't felt up to a proper gift opening and post and whatnot. Also, looking over from time to time and seeing your packages is pretty much the only thing other than my children that puts a smile on my face lately. So I'm being selfish, and I'm sorry for that. You got these out impressively quickly, and I'm sorry for taking so long on my end.

All of the Christmas hugs out to you.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    As a quick side note - I've been seeing a buttload of board games bouncing around this season. There's a gold box (1 day) sale today on Amazon for a lot of great games...

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_sc_kdbbmain_ah_s1?_encoding=UTF8&node=12693418011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=05F2T162G4CH8V7GKM13&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2318532742&pf_rd_i=165793011

Some of them are the cheapest I've seen for awhile (in fact I grabbed Ticket to Ride Europe for our collection).

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh man Smash-Up Munchkin looks like it would go in my Big Geeky Box very well for $20.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So I've been given leave by my Santa to exchange King of Tokyo (our copy has gotta be here SOMEWHERE) for another game. Since games are on sale today, what do people think about my exchanging it for King of New York? Anyone played that one? Is it redundant to have both? It looks like it's a bigger board and there are some new rules...

oh, or King of Tokyo has an expansion called Power Up...that might be good too

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Right now, King of Tokyo with both expansions is a little more enjoyable to me than King of New York. It feels more complete. I would either look at the Tokyo expansions or something else entirely. There's definitely some feeling of redundancy as well.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    So I've been given leave by my Santa to exchange King of Tokyo (our copy has gotta be here SOMEWHERE) for another game. Since games are on sale today, what do people think about my exchanging it for King of New York? Anyone played that one? Is it redundant to have both? It looks like it's a bigger board and there are some new rules...

Splendor. At that price it's a steal for the good times you will have.

• Options

Splendor. At that price it's a steal for the good times you will have.

Looks interesting, so I'll probably get it regardless (especially since it can be played 2p) but I'm not entirely sure my kids will want to play it, just because the premise looks like something that would bore them. But we'll try it. Santa's intention seems to have been to get something all my kids would want to play (and we did try with the tiniest one since we thought he would like the monsters but he lost interest quickly, but it's been a while, probably try again) so maybe I'll also grab a King of Tokyo expansion. (no, Santa, don't worry, I'm not assuming if I return KoT it will be worth as much as both of those games, I expect to pay some of my own money ;) )

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    One package out for delivery to me. Hopefully usps will leave it. I don't know if I should wait for the second one coming on Tuesday. Santa, what do you think?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I'd go with Kremlin or maybe Kingmaker. Sounds like the kids may be just a little too young for Diplomacy.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Gifts away!

Prepare to learn how to make these badboys, Santee:

f080a507a0601163277a368ad8aedad3.jpg

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    Gifts away!

Prepare to learn how to make these badboys, Santee:

f080a507a0601163277a368ad8aedad3.jpg

Um, I think you need to share the secrets of what those are and how to eat make them with everyone now.

• Options
    They are called Æbleskiver, and are a traditional Danish christmas treat. Directly translated the word means "Apple slices" but they have nothing to do with apples. They are basically just spherical pancakes and are served with jam and powdered sugar.

To make them you need a special pan like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Pro-Logic-P7A3-Cast-Iron-Aebleskiver/dp/B00063RXQA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449247351&sr=8-4&keywords=ebelskiver
    and you simply just fill the holes with dough. When one side is done you just flip the sphere with a fork so the uncooked dough from the center flows out and forms the other side of the sphere.

But nowadays most Danes just buy frozen, premade ones and heat them in the oven. But the homemade ones are way superior.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    They are called Æbleskiver, and are a traditional Danish christmas treat. Directly translated the word means "Apple slices" but they have nothing to do with apples. They are basically just spherical pancakes and are served with jam and powdered sugar.

To make them you need a special pan like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Pro-Logic-P7A3-Cast-Iron-Aebleskiver/dp/B00063RXQA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449247351&sr=8-4&keywords=ebelskiver
    and you simply just fill the holes with dough. When one side is done you just flip the sphere with a fork so the uncooked dough from the center flows out and forms the other side of the sphere.

But nowadays most Danes just buy frozen, premade ones and heat them in the oven. But the homemade ones are way superior.

I'm just saying that if I'm not your Santee then I BETTER BE YOUR SANTEE.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options

Please tell me that the $26 cast-aluminum pan makes Æbleskiverses just as tasty as the $45 cast-iron pan.

I need Spherical Pancakes in my mouth life.

• Options

Please tell me that the $26 cast-aluminum pan makes Æbleskiverses just as tasty as the $45 cast-iron pan.

I need Spherical Pancakes in my mouth life.

Absolutely. I just choose the cast-iron one because that was my first result, and the one that seemed most like the one I have.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Weirdly, I just looked at my Santa's post from last year, which was also HandGimp, and he mentions wanting to do something with Formula 1 then as well.

Does Handgimp know a guy who knows a guy who has access to cars?

Also those Danish pancake ball type things look delicious. I feel like I've had something similar, but without the sauces.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'll make the joke. If you are my Santa, I can't wait to put your balls in my mouth.

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    Damn, so much for Splendor. They sold out at that price. :( I guess I should have ordered it this morning.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have gotten a package.

AND IT'S HEAVY. I think I got a boulder for Christmas. I'll take pictures once I'm positive I don't have a hernia.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I have gotten a package.

AND IT'S HEAVY. I think I got a boulder for Christmas. I'll take pictures once I'm positive I don't have a hernia.

Yeah we really don't want any pictures of that, thanks!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have gotten a package.

Yeah we really don't want any pictures of that, thanks!

Speak for yourself!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    dang, cast iron balls now? I need more cast iron in my life. On that, I'm making cast iron home made deep dish pizza this saturday for my mother in law's birthday. I'm all about home made and cast iron. The only problem is when you try and use a 10" cast iron skillet to make stir fry and flip it constantly. Your hand gets tired. . .

:winky:

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    King of Tokyo is so much fun. I nab Cyber Bunny every time and tend to focus less on victory points and more hoarding energy to buy cards, being careful to maintain pacifism, until I can tank hits and hit so much harder. Then I go straight to the center of Tokyo and open fire. It's not the perfect strategy but it is so much fun.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santa! Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. The little bundle of joy we were expecting in Jan. showed up a couple months early over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm writing this from the hospital she's staying in, and dont have too much free time these days. She's doing well, but has some growing left to do.

And Santee! Even though you don't know who I am, don't worry, you will be getting a package soon!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    According to tracking information somebody is getting gifted tomorrow.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wanted to Steam gift my santee something in the interim, but god they own everything.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    My Santa is fast!

Giftget.gif

So I received a message from my wife that there was a package waiting for me at home.
    20151204_181221_zpssaoqxyhm.jpg

I open it to find two packages inside. The first...
    20151204_181659_zpsaek76vqg.jpg

...is a really cool book by one of my favorite authors that I've heard good things about! Excellent!

20151204_181802_zpsad9hzxdy.jpg

And the second...
    20151204_182052_zpszvfrtdfh.jpg

...is HOT DANG A DRESDEN FILES OMNIBUS

20151204_181903_zpsplwzydhl.jpg

I've been wanting to pick these up forever but it always seems to keep slipping my mind. Not anymore!

Thank you so much for the books and silly large collection of games, @Nackmatholn!

Farangu on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I love the Calderon series. Soooooooooooo good!