As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I got a package in the mail!
    Then I opened it. It looked really familiar.
    It was my ThinkGeek order for presents for local folks.
    Drat

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Y2JSF.gif

This year Twisp & Catsby are on the scene. But the package is already opened! What could this heavy parcel be???
    ZMTHb37.jpg

TA-DA! It's the Complete Calvin & Hobbes! Huh, I guess T&C were the perfect duo for the job. This will look great next to my copy of the Complete Far Side.
    gzT8gm4.jpg

But who sent it?
    wmGWWDN.jpg

Thanks @Forar !

YL9WnCY.png
  • NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    My Santa is fast!

Giftget.gif

So I received a message from my wife that there was a package waiting for me at home.
    20151204_181221_zpssaoqxyhm.jpg

I open it to find two packages inside. The first...
    20151204_181659_zpsaek76vqg.jpg

...is a really cool book by one of my favorite authors that I've heard good things about! Excellent!

20151204_181802_zpsad9hzxdy.jpg

And the second...
    20151204_182052_zpszvfrtdfh.jpg

...is HOT DANG A DRESDEN FILES OMNIBUS

20151204_181903_zpsplwzydhl.jpg

I've been wanting to pick these up forever but it always seems to keep slipping my mind. Not anymore!

Thank you so much for the books and silly large collection of games, @Nackmatholn!

Woot! I love the Dresden Files books. I keep narrowly missing opportunities to meet Jim Butcher too... Glad you enjoyed all the things!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I love the Calderon series. Soooooooooooo good!

Right? Anything Jim Butcher touches turns to MAGIC! Also, his new series (The Cinder Spires) is really cool, too. Steampunk Magic stuff.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm meh on the Furies series, first book wasn't anything special to me at least. I'll give Windlass a shot soon.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I do not know this Jim Butcher but you chaps are making the right noises - time to throw some money at the ol' Kindle

steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I do not know this Jim Butcher but you chaps are making the right noises - time to throw some money at the ol' Kindle

Dresden Files is so good. Also Jim Butcher is a cool guy and signed my Kindle case.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dresden Files is what Butcher is best known for and hot damn do I love it. I may be lukewarm on his actual fantasy stuff (thus far) but when it's urban fantasy with a smartass wizard detective you better believe I am in for that ride any time.

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular

Grab Storm Front. If when you're done you aren't immediately looking for the next one you hate good things.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The standard warning in the book threads is that the first 2 Dresden books are substandard, so if you feel lukewarm after the first book press on. The quality jumps significantly with book 3, and it all comes together by book 4.

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Woke up to 5 new e-mails in my inbox and found that highly suspicious.

Turns out I was visited by my Santa during the night :biggrin:

w3b38kt3tqyx.gif
    ze6l6drlddpd.png
    j28gsu7zdf8b.png
    lztb4dswgvb9.png
    yg78i1elbwbu.png
    fchdbz9hfocc.png

Oh wow. So many games!
    I have been looking at the Dark Souls series so many times! But I have never dared to take the plunge, so now I will finally get to see what is so special about this type of ultra-difficult games.

And I didn't even know that there was a new version of Dark Souls 2 out. I would probably just have bought the regular version if not for my Santa.

I'm also really looking forward to some good old shooters with both Wolfenstein and Bulletstorm. It is a genre that I haven't played a whole lot lately, so it will be a nice change from the 3rd person actiongames I have spend most of my time on.

So a huge thank you to my Santa @The_Spaniard ! Trust me, I know the dilemma of buying gifts for people on the other side of the world. It is so difficult to justify spending most of the budget on just shipping, so I really appreciate getting some quality digital stuff instead. And yes, we already have more baby-stuff than we know what to do with. Babies don't really need all that much when they are just 2 weeks old :wonk:

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :biggrin:

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Guys! Guys! Holy crap you won't believe this

Giftget.gif

I'm not kidding about the not believing part, I hardly believe it myself. I got an email this morning and as I checked the preview of it on my phone, it said something about a gift certificate. At first I think, oh what's this a voucher or some "contest" that I've won that I never entered. I was dubious about opening the email because it looks like the most obvious spam but then I re-read it, and read it once more. Gift certificate. Gift. What the hell? My wife and I don't typically buy gifts for one-another so close to Christmas, something wrong is happening here.

No. Not wrong. Something unbelievable is happening here.
    jjyhi9j4uub9.png

Some incredibly generous Santa has gifted me 5 goddamn laps in a V8 Supercar! :surprised: :surprised:

For those not in the know, this is what they are:
    581411-holden-racing-team.jpg

A fully-fledged V8 race car with about 600hp. 5 laps around Barbagallo Raceway and a further 3 in the passenger seat with a professional driver.

I am fucking floored. I can't believe this! This is an incredible gift, I can't think of any other way to say it. Thank you, whoever you are, you glorious bastard. If you decide to tell me who you are I'll send you a copy of the USB and in any case post it here for people to see.

Thank you once again :biggrin: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited!

I was out for a few days and only just saw this, but I want you to know that the Forza thread definitely appreciates this gift. Feel free to drop your video by there at some point (or if you post it here, let me know if I can throw it over there as well). Seriously, enjoy yourself with that one. Sounds super fun. :D

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    My Santa is fast!

Giftget.gif

So I received a message from my wife that there was a package waiting for me at home.
    20151204_181221_zpssaoqxyhm.jpg

I open it to find two packages inside. The first...
    20151204_181659_zpsaek76vqg.jpg

...is a really cool book by one of my favorite authors that I've heard good things about! Excellent!

20151204_181802_zpsad9hzxdy.jpg

And the second...
    20151204_182052_zpszvfrtdfh.jpg

...is HOT DANG A DRESDEN FILES OMNIBUS

20151204_181903_zpsplwzydhl.jpg

I've been wanting to pick these up forever but it always seems to keep slipping my mind. Not anymore!

Thank you so much for the books and silly large collection of games, @Nackmatholn!

I absolutely loved the Codex Alera series. Good choice Nackmatholn!

fss_overall.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Seriously, that's so awesome. I had a TON of fun when my wife surprised me with some laps at the "new" gas go kart place, but to drive an actual race car around?! Incredible. You gotta drift it. Or not, they probably don't like that. :P
    tek1s6n6g6an.jpg

("new" means it had been there for years and we had never gone, so it was new to us.) Anyway, not trying to hijack, but emphasize how amazing that gift is. Great job!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    w3b38kt3tqyx.gif

My wife and I were at my company Christmas party last night and came home later while my mom was watching the kids. I came home and found our new SIM cards that I was expecting...but I don't remember any Amazon orders recently that should be arriving.
    76f9had2m4pm.jpg

There appear to be...gifts? Wait, this must be from my santa!
    dheyqentcd8u.jpg

First up was a copy of Owly. I've never heard of it, but my wife thought it sounded familiar. We'll definitely give it a read with our daughter soon!
    r40xxouwcx4u.jpg

I also got a copy of a cookbook called Dirt Candy from a New York restaurant owner. Which I now realize I didn't take a picture of...it was late.

Next was a ball whisk. Haven't had one of these before, I guess it's for mixing objects via ball agitation? (I mean...crap, that doesn't sound right)
    s8xeqxjkghq1.jpg

I also received a copy Android Netrunner! I've wanted to try this one for a while, but was always doubtful of getting it to the table since my wife likely wouldn't enjoy as much as I would.
    hd49sesf79op.jpg

Big thanks to my santa @Delduwath!

PS- had to take a break while writing this post to do some clean up and then ended up reading the first story in Owly to her. She liked it!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Have her play runner first, I think it's easier to learn and understand. And then lock your wallet away before you "accidentally" check out with all the expansions in your cart.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    Woke up to 5 new e-mails in my inbox and found that highly suspicious.

Turns out I was visited by my Santa during the night :biggrin:

w3b38kt3tqyx.gif
    ze6l6drlddpd.png
    j28gsu7zdf8b.png
    lztb4dswgvb9.png
    yg78i1elbwbu.png
    fchdbz9hfocc.png

Oh wow. So many games!
    I have been looking at the Dark Souls series so many times! But I have never dared to take the plunge, so now I will finally get to see what is so special about this type of ultra-difficult games.

And I didn't even know that there was a new version of Dark Souls 2 out. I would probably just have bought the regular version if not for my Santa.

I'm also really looking forward to some good old shooters with both Wolfenstein and Bulletstorm. It is a genre that I haven't played a whole lot lately, so it will be a nice change from the 3rd person actiongames I have spend most of my time on.

So a huge thank you to my Santa @The_Spaniard ! Trust me, I know the dilemma of buying gifts for people on the other side of the world. It is so difficult to justify spending most of the budget on just shipping, so I really appreciate getting some quality digital stuff instead. And yes, we already have more baby-stuff than we know what to do with. Babies don't really need all that much when they are just 2 weeks old :wonk:

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :biggrin:

While I would have liked to have sent a personalized package along with some home baked goods, doing some initial looking into possible shipping costs the quotes for what I was thinking were ranging between 30 and 50+ dollars! So I thought that money would be better spent on some awesome games that you could play and enjoy. I thought about getting you a nice board game from your wishlist, but I didn't want to blow the entire budget on a single board game when I could give you a nice varied collection of games. My biggest regret though is that this wasn't next year already, because the board game that our company is putting out doesn't release until 2016. I'm bummed I couldn't figure something out with that one.

And yes silly boy, you had the base version of Dark Souls 2 wishlisted. Don't worry I noticed, and took care of you with the enhanced re-release with all the DLC included. 8-)

Oh and with Dark Souls 1, just a quick tip. Don't fight Great Grey Wolf Sif until after you've done the Artorias of the Abyss expansion. It turns the Prepare to Die edition of the game into the Prepare to Cry edition. You'll find out why when you do. Don't worry, that wasn't really a spoiler, the wolf boss was shown in all the promo material, I just gave the advice of when to fight him. And if you are wondering why I'm recommending doing the expansion before you beat the game, it's not set anywhere in particular along the narrative path, it's one of those mid game expansions you can tackle whenever you feel like.

Enjoy your games, and enjoy your Christmas with your super special brand new family!

P.S. Kill some dicks in Bulletstorm.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Forar !

@Bobkins Flymo

You're welcome! I'm sincerely glad this collection is still available, I picked up one of my own many years ago, and it's lovely!

Also possibly bullet resistant and heavy enough to be considered a home defense weapon if one is otherwise out of options.

But seriously, you're welcome, and Merry Christmas!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Posting here to let my santa know that I will be out of town from December 19th through the 29th. I apologize to my Santa for not telling him this ahead of time and I totally understand if this screws up plans and causes delays!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Ok I had to move this to here since I'm pretty sure the present involved came from my SE++ santa satan

Erin The Red on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

It begins! This morning I woke up to a few emails from the Steam Store. Turns out my secret Santa discovered my love of Rocket League and bought me all of the DLC I didn't currently own! I used it to make this kickass new car:
    0lr2BCc.png50C36EE065DB1AA70767A1285C8CABE3CD02132F

Thank you secret Santa!

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    Rocket league is so good

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Ugh, that copy of Owly is used. Damn it, I'm really sorry about that, man; I completely overlooked that fact when ordering from Amazon. That's really on me.

Dirt Candy the restaurant is notable for the idea behind it; the owner didn't like that people tend to use "vegetarian" as a pejorative when talking about restaurants, and treat vegetables like second-class citizen when it comes to dining out. She set out to show that vegetables are delicious - like candy that grows in the dirt. Dirt Candy the cookbook is notable for being a cookbook that's done as a graphic novel (I think the first such a cookbook). It's drawn by Ryan Dunlavey, who's also based out of NYC, and is a really good dude.

The cookbook and the whisk are because you mentioned that you liked cooking. My wife likes the whisk because it's easier to clean than a conventional balloon whisk; I like it because it looks like a Soviet futurist sculpture.

I hope you enjoy it!

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Proxy has sent me a tracking number, how exciting!

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    w3b38kt3tqyx.gif

Yesterday morning, I received a message from Proxy, telling me to be on the lookout for something in an envelope (and also for several packages due to arrive in the future). And, indeed, when I arrived home I had an envelope waiting for me. What was inside? A gift card for a local movie theater (which I'm opting not to post a photo of, given that the name and address of the theater are on it), as well as this note:
    IMG_20151204_201202_zpstqmacz8p.jpg

My Santa got me the gift of movies, but what they really got me is the gift of getting to know my own neighborhood better; I didn't know that this theater existed, but apparently it's a bit of a historical landmark (having been built in 1921), and also it's right next door to a comic book store. I'll make sure to check it out as soon as I possibly can! Thank you, Santa!

Since Proxy's message told me that more packages are on the way, I expect I'll be posting here again before long. Santa, if you wish to keep your identity hidden until the rest of the gifts get here, that's cool with me!

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift has been shipped! Now it's in god's hands.

And the USPS.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Ugh, that copy of Owly is used. Damn it, I'm really sorry about that, man; I completely overlooked that fact when ordering from Amazon. That's really on me.

Dirt Candy the restaurant is notable for the idea behind it; the owner didn't like that people tend to use "vegetarian" as a pejorative when talking about restaurants, and treat vegetables like second-class citizen when it comes to dining out. She set out to show that vegetables are delicious - like candy that grows in the dirt. Dirt Candy the cookbook is notable for being a cookbook that's done as a graphic novel (I think the first such a cookbook). It's drawn by Ryan Dunlavey, who's also based out of NYC, and is a really good dude.

The cookbook and the whisk are because you mentioned that you liked cooking. My wife likes the whisk because it's easier to clean than a conventional balloon whisk; I like it because it looks like a Soviet futurist sculpture.

I hope you enjoy it!

I read your note about using the whisk as a whisk or a modern art piece, then my mom came in the room and asked what it was. I said a ball whisk, she said it looked like modern art! So we'll get use out of it one way or another. :)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Santee, your gift has been shipped! Now it's in god's hands.

And the USPS.

Those are opposite entities!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      w3b38kt3tqyx.gif

Just got back from the airport (should have warned my santa!) and my lovely land lady saw I had some lewt and she snagged it for me.
      j67917e0ztvp.jpg
      Packages inside packages!
      t5ozjtys13jc.jpg

Each had some sort of pun on them:
      v2qyinzlcn57.jpg
      q2of2f3krzl6.jpg
      861tvvzjcv1w.jpg
      qpil21m40jsc.jpg
      aixvyu2nrruf.jpg

Whoa! Now, I could put the note with each present, but that's no fun for you (or I mixed them up already and this is my excuse) so see if you can see which loot goes with which note!

Present awesome stuffs:
      avhnlfb2ptxm.jpg
      ke28dg57uzi7.jpg

You have truly outdone yourself, @Handkor !
      I've always had an awesome time in the CF secret Santa and this was my first time in G&T's. I just love giving gifts, but you let me receive some pretty awesome stuffs. Teaching can be pretty mentally taxing at times so I am really looking forward to messing around with all these things. The puzzle seems especially cathartic.

That "Thing Explainer" book seems pretty bad ass as well. I hope I made the stalking easy :)

Thank you again!!!!!
      Man I love you Penny-Arcadians

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
        edited December 2015
        Hey, I got another gift today! I don't check my mailbox every day, and I have a feeling this came a bit slower because it was an amazon seller, not direct, so my son comes in today with an armload of mail, two of them packages. One of them was something I ordered for them for Christmas, and the other one was...

IMG_20151206_171723070_zpsmitjdmok.jpg

Just reading the box it looks like something my kids will love to play. AND if a game really only takes fifteen minutes, I will actually be willing to play it with them without wanting to bury it in the deepest hole in the backyard and pretend like I lost it in the move (I'm looking at you, Munchkin). We're going to try to play the new Crisis mode expansion tonight and I think we'll bust this out too. Also, THIS one came with a note with a NAME on it (the other ones were just notes, which I didn't find until later because they were all stuck inside Saga). I know, Santa, you gave me a code via PM to guess who you were, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, and so some googling of your name later and...I'm guessing you're @ArcSyn ?

mare_imbrium on
        v2zAToe.jpg
        Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
      • see317see317 Registered User regular
        edited December 2015
        s8jdcwlr24bv.gif
        Sadly, no picture of the box. I opened it assuming it was something I had ordered from Amazon. and opened it before I took a picture of it's boxy amazon-ess.

Fortunately, the contents of the box were wrapped, so it's time to put the Christmas tribble to work.
        092w8gcu36ca.jpg

There's a note that's of interest.
        naloo3zsl6xp.jpg
        Gift 3 of 5:
        Thing better
        And a conundrum.
        Do I open the present? Do I wait for the other packages and open them together?
        Do I trust the Christmas tribble with it's x-acto knife when my back is turned?

see317 on
        Hey, I got another gift today! I don't check my mailbox every day, and I have a feeling this came a bit slower because it was an amazon seller, not direct, so my son comes in today with an armload of mail, two of them packages. One of them was something I ordered for them for Christmas, and the other one was...

IMG_20151206_171723070_zpsmitjdmok.jpg

Just reading the box it looks like something my kids will love to play. AND if a game really only takes fifteen minutes, I will actually be willing to play it with them without wanting to bury it in the deepest hole in the backyard and pretend like I lost it in the move (I'm looking at you, Munchkin). We're going to try to play the new Crisis mode expansion tonight and I think we'll bust this out too. Also, THIS one came with a note with a NAME on it (the other ones were just notes, which I didn't find until later because they were all stuck inside Saga). I know, Santa, you gave me a code via PM to guess who you were, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, and so some googling of your name later and...I'm guessing you're @ArcSyn ?

Haha, correct!
        Hopefully it wasn't too embarrassing Googling my name. :-)

I hope it's enjoyable! I got the same game for my sons and it looks pretty simple and quick.

I also hope Crisis is good. A lot of the reviews praised it and said it was essential for the game.

Merry Christmas! (a Christmas card will be on its way shortly as well)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Present awesome stuffs:
        avhnlfb2ptxm.jpg
        ke28dg57uzi7.jpg

Hanafuda! Neat game and just neat owning a piece of Nintendo history. The base game (Koi-Koi) is interesting, but apparently the 'real' game to learn is Hachi-Hachi (88). I'll see if I still have the link to those rules, as it may be in Japanese in the box.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
        Nah, actually, your real name is pretty common, so I ended up googling your name and Penny Arcade, and got some odd...kind of not-twitter-not-blog-I-don't-know-what but it had a link to your twitter...which has the same avatar as the one you have here (when it isn't shooting Christmas lights). Ah ha, I thought, but I double checked to see if you were following anything PA-related and you do. Voila. So no, nothing embarrassing. :) Thanks so much! When the kids are done eating dinner we're going to play the games. I will report how it goes.

v2zAToe.jpg
      • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
        So not necessarily SS related, but since we're all in christmas shopping mode... how the hell do you shop for people with vitas these days? I saw 4 games in best buy today. none in toys r us. yeah I know amazon, but i'm just surprised by how dead it is.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
        So not necessarily SS related, but since we're all in christmas shopping mode... how the hell do you shop for people with vitas these days? I saw 4 games in best buy today. none in toys r us. yeah I know amazon, but i'm just surprised by how dead it is.

Gift cards to PSN?

Also ...

s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

On the 19th day before Christmas, my Santa gave to meeeeeeee ...

A whole bunch of Humble Pie goodness! Neon Struct, Chroma Squad*, and Payday 2 with some kick-ass expansions. Thank you, Santa!

* I missed kickstarting this back in the day by, like 20 minutes. So glad to see another kickstarter success making it out to the wild!

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
        Elvenshae wrote: »

Gift cards to PSN?

Also ...

s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

On the 19th day before Christmas, my Santa gave to meeeeeeee ...

A whole bunch of Humble Pie goodness! Neon Struct, Chroma Squad*, and Payday 2 with some kick-ass expansions. Thank you, Santa!

* I missed kickstarting this back in the day by, like 20 minutes. So glad to see another kickstarter success making it out to the wild!

Make sure to bump Chroma Squad to the top of the list of those games to play, it's really delightful

steam_sig.png
      • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
        SniperGuy wrote: »
        GIFT GET!

At the library I discovered another clue.
        xFWjayG.jpg?1 Says Key=19

Figured it out as:
        6DE4KN8.jpg?1 while sitting at the library. This one took a while!

Made my way to the Dairy Queen that's very close to my house to find a final clue! (And blizzards om nom)
        HJVZB7s.jpg?1

Answer:
        of the ancestors hearths
        this one is the most
        significant
        but not directly yours
        led me to girlfriend's parents house! Ran over there and retrieved the key!

This finally led me to the key!

The safe was opened, the gifts retrieved!
        aibgtlI.jpg?1
        An awesome magnet pen, sweet T shirt I can wear while I teach, Doctor Who icecube mold, a "Aroma R-Evolution" that washed out a bit in the picture (This looks super cool! Can't wait to test this out), and a bunch of dinosaurs! Thanks so much santa! This was awesome! Now reveal yourself puzzlemaster! I saw real name but no forum name. Thank you so much! This pen has been sitting here confounding me for a while.

So after being confused a bit by that animal pen, I FIGURED IT OUT BECAUSE ANOTHER GIFT ARRIVED!

HmtvDO7.jpg?1

Thanks so much @aerynkelly ! I started to read the first of these but definitely haven't touched the second. I just finished Cinder Spires the other night so this is perfect! Thank you so much!

• NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
        GIFT GET!

At the library I discovered another clue.
        xFWjayG.jpg?1 Says Key=19

Figured it out as:
        6DE4KN8.jpg?1 while sitting at the library. This one took a while!

Made my way to the Dairy Queen that's very close to my house to find a final clue! (And blizzards om nom)
        HJVZB7s.jpg?1

Answer:
        of the ancestors hearths
        this one is the most
        significant
        but not directly yours
        led me to girlfriend's parents house! Ran over there and retrieved the key!

This finally led me to the key!

The safe was opened, the gifts retrieved!
        aibgtlI.jpg?1
        An awesome magnet pen, sweet T shirt I can wear while I teach, Doctor Who icecube mold, a "Aroma R-Evolution" that washed out a bit in the picture (This looks super cool! Can't wait to test this out), and a bunch of dinosaurs! Thanks so much santa! This was awesome! Now reveal yourself puzzlemaster! I saw real name but no forum name. Thank you so much! This pen has been sitting here confounding me for a while.

So after being confused a bit by that animal pen, I FIGURED IT OUT BECAUSE ANOTHER GIFT ARRIVED!

HmtvDO7.jpg?1

Thanks so much @aerynkelly ! I started to read the first of these but definitely haven't touched the second. I just finished Cinder Spires the other night so this is perfect! Thank you so much!

Yay more Jim Butcher goodness flying around here!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
        Atomic Shark was a success. We played twice and it was fun. The 3 yr old kept wanting to show everyone his cards and toss them around, but he liked the shark pictures. It's very fast and gets tense at the end because you start knowing there can't be more than 8-10 cards left in the deck and there are still four sharks...
        We couldn't do deck building tonight because I remembered that all my cards in the base game have card protectors on them and even if I did have some left from that I have no idea where they are. So I have to go to the local game store tomorrow to get some for the expansion. So hopefully we can play on Tuesday.

v2zAToe.jpg