As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Communal Pumpkin Thread: POST YOUR PUMPKINS PPL

PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited November 2007 in Artist's Corner
So I was thinking man, what am I going to do about these big orange things cluttering up the apartment. Then I figured you know what, I could chop them up. Cut pictures into them, that sort of thing.

So I went looking for inspiration, and found it.

What does inspiration look like?

jerkcity1250.gif

That is what it looks like.

1802064578_1be9fdece9.jpg

1802064586_eef0885133.jpg

1802086980_dc7e09dd37.jpg

1802064598_649ea1619b.jpg

1802064608_c0258547d8.jpg

Better photos forthcoming (if they're desired here I don't care I'll just be posting them to my blog anyhow but if you guys want)

So what do you guys think of it as a pumpkin carving? I made one mistake, I accidentally sliced off his top row of fangs so he's kind of got a grill that's toothpicked in as a result, but I don't think it's too obvious. The pumpkin needs a much bigger candle though, it's just a puny little tea light in there.

Coming up with this design was a lot harder than doing Zim last year.

IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
Pheezer on

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No, I don't think this is necessarily art that warrants a thread. It was technically based off of another's art, and it's not amazingly done. More of a doodle.

Though we could use a communal pumpkin carving thread, if you ask me.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited October 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Though we could use a communal pumpkin carving thread, if you ask me.
    That's what I was thinking.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    well we would have one if you people would start posting your own damn pumpkins in this thread.

Pheezer on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    never pumpkin carved before. looks liek fun. :D

i wanna carve 'the crow' P:

r-jasper on
  • Options
    AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    just to get a better idea of what you were going for i think this thread needs more shots of the front of that pumpkin

Axim on
  • Options
    arakasiarakasi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    He he he. I like it.

arakasi on
    True genius resides in simplicity.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    r-jasper wrote: »

...seriously?

Never?

Man what the hell is up with your continent

The Crow's basic crow symbol would be easy but kind of featureless and it'd be boring if you did it on a large-ish pumpkin. As a starting point on a small pumpkin it'd be a good way to go. Doing the traditional jack-o-lantern looks is also a good place to start.

I did mine there with only a paring knife. It's really a good deal harder than it needs to be, though. Pick up a pumpkin carving kit if you haven't done a million of them yet.

Also, pro-tip: Eyeliner pencils

They're water soluble and so you can wet a dishcloth or better yet a face cloth and wipe the pumpkin clean as you complete it. If you use something permanent like a sharpie you have to cut out all of the marked areas and honestly what's the point of pre-marking it if you can't erase and start over if you don't like how something looks? So pick one up, they come very cheap and make the perfect marking tool.

Pheezer on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    GOOFLE PUN'KINS FOR EVERYONE!

gooflepumpkin1.jpg
    gooflepumpkin2.jpg
    gooflepumpkin3.jpg
    gooflepumpkin4.jpg
    gooflepumpkin5.jpg

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I need a good idea for my pumpkin

Projeck on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »
    r-jasper wrote: »

...seriously?

Never?

Man what the hell is up with your continent

The Crow's basic crow symbol would be easy but kind of featureless and it'd be boring if you did it on a large-ish pumpkin. As a starting point on a small pumpkin it'd be a good way to go. Doing the traditional jack-o-lantern looks is also a good place to start.

I did mine there with only a paring knife. It's really a good deal harder than it needs to be, though. Pick up a pumpkin carving kit if you haven't done a million of them yet.

Also, pro-tip: Eyeliner pencils

They're water soluble and so you can wet a dishcloth or better yet a face cloth and wipe the pumpkin clean as you complete it. If you use something permanent like a sharpie you have to cut out all of the marked areas and honestly what's the point of pre-marking it if you can't erase and start over if you don't like how something looks? So pick one up, they come very cheap and make the perfect marking tool.
    Halloween isn't big here at all. normally if we get 'trick or treaters', we just tell them to piss off.

cheers for the pumpkin carving tips. if i'm ever in another country for halloween, i'll be sure to give it a go :P

r-jasper on
  • Options
    MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DOMOKUN!!
    n5122806782295527150cv5.jpg
    Or rather, the Domupkin.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    3ft3ft Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hells yes with the domo, man.