As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

The box of wonder!
    82C1124B-A531-4002-BC5D-AEE64BDD1709_zpsmjabm2l2.jpg

A thing from my wishlist! Love Neverwhere so looking forward to this.
    F086218C-D480-4F1C-9B09-559919090760_zps55irlrxo.jpg

Another thing from my wishlist! To my shame I've yet to see this. I hear it's quite good. Soon I will understand the meaning of these reactions I leave on people's posts at random.
    97D4A3BA-DC4A-4E6A-B919-E6C26C480C02_zps5qap6pvt.jpg

A where's Wally Waldo Dr. Woo book! At just turned five my eldest is still a bit young for the good Dr but I'm sure it won't be long. In the meantime I think this is ace so it's all good.
    909F8AB1-18DB-4546-AB2F-28F2D6A1258A_zps3mh3ry2c.jpg

Cute fluffiness for my little 'uns. The cutest! The fluffiest! They will love this.
    A6588615-6390-46C5-95CD-8FD5E6D54F6C_zpsin2zwz2u.jpg

And the starring jewel in the crown.
    62947DA0-194C-42D9-B056-12DE7F298ECA_zpsvtxmebaw.jpg

OMG! I love it so much! It has so many different bits you can use and it's so posable it's insane. I have of course busted it open and set up an action pose.

E24A8546-69C9-492F-92D2-EA395BCEF7E8_zpsmp25egrq.jpg

Added to the Steam stuff from before this is a ridiculously good haul.

Thank you so much mystery Santa! I'm knackered right now but I'll start my reverse stalking to attempt to track you down soon.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

The box of wonder!
    82C1124B-A531-4002-BC5D-AEE64BDD1709_zpsmjabm2l2.jpg

A thing from my wishlist! Love Neverwhere so looking forward to this.
    F086218C-D480-4F1C-9B09-559919090760_zps55irlrxo.jpg

Another thing from my wishlist! To my shame I've yet to see this. I hear it's quite good. Soon I will understand the meaning of these reactions I leave on people's posts at random.
    97D4A3BA-DC4A-4E6A-B919-E6C26C480C02_zps5qap6pvt.jpg

A where's Wally Waldo Dr. Woo book! At just turned five my eldest is still a bit young for the good Dr but I'm sure it won't be long. In the meantime I think this is ace so it's all good.
    909F8AB1-18DB-4546-AB2F-28F2D6A1258A_zps3mh3ry2c.jpg

Cute fluffiness for my little 'uns. The cutest! The fluffiest! They will love this.
    A6588615-6390-46C5-95CD-8FD5E6D54F6C_zpsin2zwz2u.jpg

And the starring jewel in the crown.
    62947DA0-194C-42D9-B056-12DE7F298ECA_zpsvtxmebaw.jpg

OMG! I love it so much! It has so many different bits you can use and it's so posable it's insane. I have of course busted it open and set up an action pose.

E24A8546-69C9-492F-92D2-EA395BCEF7E8_zpsmp25egrq.jpg

Added to the Steam stuff from before this is a ridiculously good haul.

Thank you so much mystery Santa! I'm knackered right now but I'll start my reverse stalking to attempt to track you down soon.

Heh, glad I'm not the only one who owns the Sam and Max cartoon. It's great.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh lore! I hadn't considered I was putting a section of my DVDs up for judgement.

Let's see now... Seems pretty acceptable actually. With the exception of Paul. Pegg and Frost on the cover fooled me into that clunker.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Where's the Doctor?! That is awesome, have to look into that one!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

@Dac Vin sent me an awesome set to get me started with painting. Which is very cool because I was *just* thinking about moving to canvas! Thank you so much!

r8jO7xO.png
    (Sorry for crappy quality photo. I am re-doing the lighting in this room and so it's super dark)

Bit late, but glad to see everything arrived just fine! Can't wait to see what you'll put on those canvases, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone here. :D

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Annnnnnd that's my gifts posted. Hopefully they'll be well received.

Given I got my awesome gifts last month, I'll just sit back and watch you amazing people work your Christmas magic!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh lore! I hadn't considered I was putting a section of my DVDs up for judgement.

Let's see now... Seems pretty acceptable actually. With the exception of Paul. Pegg and Frost on the cover fooled me into that clunker.

Paul was fun!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

CaptainPilot was kind enough to send me this, supposedly a taste of things to come:

coolRNN.jpg

I can vouch that it's fantastic, since I sadly bought it just this morning. :P But I'll ensure it finds a good home, all the same. Thanks Captain!

Wo9fqud.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/0pyEV9w.gif
    (hueg gif version)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Huzzah the bread bottle didn't break! You figured it out @shadowane . I totally forgot to include a note, but I saw you like beer hence the "Bottleloft" and the beer bread. Then some extra for fun goodies for your Wii U and your wee one!

The bottleloft thing sounds cool, hopefully it works out for you! beer1-onoffloop.gif?11111880015100051993

Sorry they didn't include anything in the box, I even sent them a message and asked for gift messaging! Ah well. Glad you enjoyed it!
    The Beer of Damocles

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

Just getting home from a long night shift at work at check my e-mail, and what do I see but two steam e-mails saying that I have been gifted!

The first:
    nthrone_zps41zapzce.png
    Nice! Nuclear Throne! This has been on my wishlist for a while, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Now that it is officially out, I can start to learn to be just as bad at this as I am as Issac!

The Second:
    xcom2_zpsgc6as6qk.png
    Ooooooooh yessssssss; I loved the last XCom game and I am super pumped up for XCom 2 (Even more so now that youtube videos are starting to surface showing off all the new stuff!)

Thanks so much @Imperfect !
    I know I am one of the harder guys to stalk due to posting very little over my ten years on the forum, but you nailed it!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Invader Zim is good too!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Invader Zim is good too!

Black Books may be the best but they're not in alphabetical order! Such anarchy!

• Options
    ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

The second half of my gift from @anoffday came!
    IMG_1539_zps9yd68kd7.jpg

I love these things. It's kind of weird that they didn't come in the same package, though; I bet they would have fit. Goofy Amazon.

Thank you again!

ihaveachair on
    3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

The second half of my gift from @anoffday came!
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

I love these things. It's kind of weird that they didn't come in the same package, though; I bet they would have fit. Goofy Amazon.

Thank you again!

That spoiler though...

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    Haha, oops. Fixed it!

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Lost wrote: »
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

Just getting home from a long night shift at work at check my e-mail, and what do I see but two steam e-mails saying that I have been gifted!

The first:
    nthrone_zps41zapzce.png
    Nice! Nuclear Throne! This has been on my wishlist for a while, but I haven't pulled the trigger. Now that it is officially out, I can start to learn to be just as bad at this as I am as Issac!

The Second:
    xcom2_zpsgc6as6qk.png
    Ooooooooh yessssssss; I loved the last XCom game and I am super pumped up for XCom 2 (Even more so now that youtube videos are starting to surface showing off all the new stuff!)

Thanks so much @Imperfect !
    I know I am one of the harder guys to stalk due to posting very little over my ten years on the forum, but you nailed it!

I'm just happy to see you happy! I kept putting off buying for you because I was having no luck stalking, but then I remembered you'd put your Steam ID in your info, which really saved my bacon.

I hope XCom 2 ends up being good - I keep reading wonderful previews of it, and I am personally super excited for it to come out and be wonderful. I hope that ends up being a fun gift!

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    A package has arrived! I received a message from Proxy the Elf stating that this would be the first of two! That means more joy is on the way!

KRi3Pmb.jpg

Krypto the corgi is on the case!

SWHnE81.jpg

A HotS Illidan figure! Illidan was one of my first assassins. This one is actually quite detailed!

HvKsIul.jpg

Ooo, cool. These look like randomized mini figures. You don't know which one you will get!

gKG9YvR.jpg

Looks like a Nova! I think it's super cute that they make her transparent, like she is cloaked.

Thanks Santa! These were perfect :)

Illidan is now posed on the bookcase and Nova is on top of my right desktop speaker!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    The tracking seemed to say my package was delivered. I went to post office yesterday to check P.O Box. I needed to sign. So I guess I'm going monday and hope to get it than.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Apparently my santa is a ninja, he was anonymous last year too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I... I think I've gotten my present!

I received a package in the mail which I attributed to another Secret Santa, but they had no idea. Since it arrived at the same time as the other's box of goodies and I didn't see a note (though admittedly I didn't check very thoroughly, again due to the first package), I may have missed it! :-(

Santa, if you're out there, the sweater is in hand, and if there isn't a sweater Santa here then I'm even more confused than I was before, and may need an adult!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Now that I'm all caught up, I can finally open the gifts that have arrived from my Santa! I've been using them as motivation to get the wall updated.

Not only did one wild box appear, but two! A veritable flock!
    23653256011_bf161af4f7_z.jpg

A note greeted me when I opened the first box:
    23627071022_28d0d5b370_z.jpg

As soon as I opened the box, the smell of chocolate hit me.
    23439871260_6e694a0c86_z.jpg

With such a strong chocolate smell, I can only assume that I am about to be delighted.
    23653260151_204fdf8bcb_z.jpg

A moose! Two moose! In milk and dark varieties! Does that make them meese?
    23653259961_8f525d1bf4_z.jpg

Peppermint bark from the far north, clearly denizens so much closer to the North Pole must be experts!
    23367652599_6e9b143800_z.jpg

A gaming MMO mouse! I will have to try this out for my next raid!
    23709478276_6be410d671_z.jpg

My santa wasn't even done, a second box!
    23439873590_3fb3144e29_z.jpg

This one was filled with camoflaging paper.
    23108784953_d78153ff8d_z.jpg

Woah, what's this?! An illustrated geek cookbook?
    23653259141_55a5acbce2_z.jpg
    I can already spot some recognizable characters on the cover!

Recipes from science fiction! Look, ice planets from Firefly!
    23439873160_7b4cc75b6f_z.jpg

This book really has everything!
    23108784513_18f9456fdd_z.jpg

The full haul!
    23439872610_d407db2a04_z.jpg

Thank you so much vhannroy! Such riches!

I've already had a ton of fun paging through the cookbook identifying origins in the cookbook and I am somewhat ashamed to say that my husband and I may have already committed mooseicide, but they were delicious! The mouse is incredibly fancy looking, I've never had something so complex so I'll definitely give it a go. Maybe it will mean less people will fall over dead in my raids! :)

Thank you!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

The next part of my present has arrived! Lo, it is this:
    IMG_20151211_223253_zpsdkobwro3.jpg

"Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell", in two formats, two mediums; a commentary on the duality of mankind.

Still no clues to my Santa's identity, but I thank them all the same! This looks really cool; I've never heard of the novel or the TV series, but this seems to be directly up my alley.

According to the message I received via Proxy, there should be at least one more package coming, apparently containing sweets. I'm very excited about this!

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Delduwath wrote: »
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

The next part of my present has arrived! Lo, it is this:
    IMG_20151211_223253_zpsdkobwro3.jpg

"Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell", in two formats, two mediums; a commentary on the duality of mankind.

Still no clues to my Santa's identity, but I thank them all the same! This looks really cool; I've never heard of the novel or the TV series, but this seems to be directly up my alley.

According to the message I received via Proxy, there should be at least one more package coming, apparently containing sweets. I'm very excited about this!

It was me!

Bizarrely the novel was on your wishlist, unless it was one of those "amazon also recommends" things, but it seemed to fit with your tastes and the none white male book criteria anyway :-)

The TV series is very British, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I hope you do too.

Final parcel is on its way but experience says postage can take some time!

Enjoy the cinema tickets, twitter stalking revealed Deadpool was one of the first comics you picked up iirc so I really wanted to get you tickets to the movie, then you've Batman vs Superman, Civil War and xmen coming up.

The cinema looked neat and was closest to you according to Google maps, they were also super helpful accepting payment from the UK, though we did have to exchange about fifteen emails and I had to manually write my card details down on a form, sign it and scan it back in! I was very relieved when the gift certificate showed up.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Well, the good news is I finished shopping for my Santee and have wrapped all the gifts. Now the issue becomes getting to the post office. I wish this time of year they'd do a few evenings a week where they'd stay open until 6ish.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    First batch of Ebelskivers:
    ccsmgbw2qssd.gif

And then finished:
    a5rpqhbsvtwy.gif

My youngest said it was the best food he has ever had so thanks again @The Mantiz !

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    That is so awesome! They look pretty much perfect.
    But it is funny to see them served with, what I assume is some kind of syrup. But when I think about it, it would actually be pretty good, since the dough is similar to pancake dough. We always just dip them in strawberry jam.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    It was me!

Bizarrely the novel was on your wishlist, unless it was one of those "amazon also recommends" things, but it seemed to fit with your tastes and the none white male book criteria anyway :-)
    My goodness, you're right. I have to assume that it was one of those things where I read some high praise of it and tossed it on the wish list with the intent to check it out later, and then never got back to it.

You know my wish list better than me!
    The TV series is very British, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I hope you do too.

Final parcel is on its way but experience says postage can take some time!
    As I said before, timing is no issue. It's all good!

Unless there's, like, a live puppy inside. Or a raw rack of lamb.
    Enjoy the cinema tickets, twitter stalking revealed Deadpool was one of the first comics you picked up iirc so I really wanted to get you tickets to the movie, then you've Batman vs Superman, Civil War and xmen coming up.

The cinema looked neat and was closest to you according to Google maps, they were also super helpful accepting payment from the UK, though we did have to exchange about fifteen emails and I had to manually write my card details down on a form, sign it and scan it back in! I was very relieved when the gift certificate showed up.
    Man, that's some grade-A stalking. I'm very impressed! Yeah, "Cable & Deadpool" was what got me into buying comics on a regular basis - or, in other words, "I liked Deadpool before he was cool".

Thank you, @Mr_Grinch. Truly, you have made my heart grow three sizes this day.

• Options
    dalith14dalith14 Registered User regular
    Apologies seems everyone decided that they wanted to make 8000 requests before the holidays at my work so I have been swamped but ALAS! I am here to update.

So my Secret Santa has decided they will be spreading out the fun by breaking my gifts into three sets.

The First I received I do not have a picture for :( the reason for this being is they were delicious home baked goods that my wife and 15 month devoured!
    The content consisted of : Banana Nut Bread, tasted great especially paired with a scotch. Peppermint Pinwheels, my wife adored these and was extremely grateful for the surprise.

The best though were the cookies, I do not remember the name of them but they were reminiscent to thumbprint cookies, these did not last though as I had left them on the shelf next to the bed and the next morning while my wife was at an appointment I was "dozing" while "watching" the kid, I opened my eyes to see him covered in cookie flakes and flakes scattered across the floor with the biggest smile ever.

Part 2 of my gift arrived Friday:
    32iykymdt6jh.png

I have not read any of these but I am very excited too, each one of these correlates to things that I enjoy whether it be RPGs, Super Powers or just some Brian Vaughan.

So thank you Secret Santa, and in regards to the comment on your note, I have no idea who you are and no worries I wont revers track or anything, that spoils the fun.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    That is so awesome! They look pretty much perfect.
    But it is funny to see them served with, what I assume is some kind of syrup. But when I think about it, it would actually be pretty good, since the dough is similar to pancake dough. We always just dip them in strawberry jam.

Yep, we had them with 100% real syrup. We didn't think about Strawberry Jam but maybe next time.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    s8jdcwlr24bv.gif

Ok, after fail on Saturday, and a half hour line at post office today, I have gifts. . .

Sophie dog investigates to make sure they aren't a bomb. Her interest makes me think they are ok.
    cu5v48Y.jpg
    Everyone uses cloth napkins to hide the address right?

Sophie dog dives into package one. She smells something strange. . . I don't know what yet, but I think she needs to investigate more.
    94rlU0h.jpg

She smelled Scully!
    eqwc5lT.jpg
    I don't even know when I talked about the x-files on the PA. Me and the wife are so looking forward to the re-boot.

So they say it is bigger on the inside than the outside, but does that work if you can't get your head in the door?
    v6RbBip.jpg
    Scully looking at last years Dr. Who box. She investigates weird things right?

box two needed more sniffing, but Sophie dog wasn't interested. Nothing paranormal here I guess. What could it be?
    MNksDAz.jpg

A wrapped gift, with a note:
    qA785TB.jpg

More games? I like games, but I have no idea what could be this heavy. . .

I cried. Yes I did. I have no idea who sent this, as I can't find any clues.
    NAq10Cu.jpg
    I just don't even know what to say.

Edit:
    Failing at sharing Amazon photos. Here is imgur album:
    http://imgur.com/a/hEA2K

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Well, I mean if you cried....

It was me, @DyasAlure

I was going to reveal my identity when all three packages got to you, but the third one hasn't shipped yet (supposedly will ship on Wednesday) and I will not live my life according to Amazon's shipping schedules!

Glad you like it so far! :twisted:

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Proxy, little rascal that he is, gave me a tracking number today. What a helpful elf!

• Options
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Well, I mean if you cried....

It was me, DyasAlure

I was going to reveal my identity when all three packages got to you, but the third one hasn't shipped yet (supposedly will ship on Wednesday) and I will not live my life according to Amazon's shipping schedules!

Glad you like it so far! :twisted:

I really don't know what to say. I think I have done a good job of keeping for the most part my personal woes out of the forums. I figure most people don't want to hear woe is me. I had looked at the link because my son wants to play his and my steam library, but I don't' trust him at my computer alone. In the living room, with the link will be much easier to watch him. I think most games he plays are with the controller anyway, so that is jst great.

Anyway, I just wasn't expecting this. As for the woe, life hasn't been as good as expected, but I'm keeping my head up and that is that. Again PA comes out ahead of most groups you would find on the internet.

and another package? I just. . . Don't even. . .

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    kpvhwfkddvrs.gif

Secret Santa who's not so secret any more sent me a thing.

MbzFdZW.png

Thanks @Radiation !

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    @jclast Proper gift get will be made when I get home but the package has arrived!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yay! It's always stressful knowing that holiday cheer is depending on USPS. I'm glad it arrived safely. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    @UnbreakableVow last package en route! Keep an eye out!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      Santa! Your messages have been and I eagerly await the packages!

Santee! Your gifts have been officially ordered!

• Options
      jclast wrote: »
      Yay! It's always stressful knowing that holiday cheer is depending on USPS. I'm glad it arrived safely. :)

I found out that while I have a P.O. Box, and would expect to not have to sign for a package, I had to sign for a package, and as such wait in a half hour line. . . Boo USPS. For all the good they do, I just don't get this one. I thought the point of a P.O. Box was so you didn't have to be there to get the package, and it was guaranteed to be safe.

• Options
      cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
      Ah, the classic "thinking packages for someone else are packages for you" game. I hate this game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
      Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00