As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @crimsoncoyote

@Grunt's Ghosts and I got our game in back on 19 November, resulting in a win for the Good Guys (TM).*

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/33868572/#Comment_33868572

That's me. I'm the good guys.
    Not the Empire.
    Who, to be clear, are the bad guys.
    Bad Guys (R)

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure @Chrysis and I got our game in. I'm at work but I'll try to find the results this evening unless Chrysis gets them posted first.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    crimsoncoyote

"Grunt's Ghosts" and I got our game in back on 19 November, resulting in a win for the Good Guys (TM).*

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/33868572/#Comment_33868572

That's me. I'm the good guys.
    Not the Empire.
    Who, to be clear, are the bad guys.
    Bad Guys (R)

(R)epublican next to Bad Guys?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Nah, just (R)eserving all (R)ights to be (R)emembered as (R)eally (R)otten.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Thanks guys! I'll get things updated.

I'm Terrible(TM), which is why I have you guys to help!

EDIT:
    @webguy20, @Chrysis I found your results and recorded that match! (It was sandwiched by one of Aegeri's large posts :P)
    Also found/recorded the @Sokpuppet and @Chrysis game.

I'm a slacker guys

EDITEDIT: There are only 3 games remaining! And it looks like 2 might be completed this week. That's incredible guys! :D

crimsoncoyote on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    It was a great turnout this year. When can we expect the next one? Late January-ish? Maybe a bit after the next wave hits the shelves?

webguy20 on
    Something like that!
    I'll see where we're at after the first and decide then

would anybody over the holidays be down to try a 300 point epic match? Get a chance to break out the big ships.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz I'm free Thursday but I'm planning on seeing the midnight premiere of Alvin: The Munks Awaken, so it have to be that afternoon.

Also, the Empire is not the bad guys. We are a natural progression of peace within the Universe. The Republic was a multi-headed beast with too many voices and not enough actions. Corrupt to its core, it allowed the Trade Federation, the Jedi, and other threats to grow stronger as the Senate debated on if they were even really hurting the people the Republic swore to protect. As the Empire, we are one mind, one voice, and we are stronger because of it. We can truly protect the Imperial People with decisive action against the terrorist cells, like those in Lorthal, who steal from law abiding citizens and call it liberation. If one were to listen to the propaganda set forth by the so called "Rebels" you'd believe we are greedy, selfish monsters kidnapping children and murdering their parents. Does that sound like a mighty Empire? With Trillions of citizens and a military force reaching 20 Billion soldiers this year? I think not. We are not the bad guys. We are the Strength of Peace against the Terrors of Destruction. We are the Empire! Long Live the Emperor!

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well... except for the legal slavery.

George Lucas was never really clever enough for shades of grey.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts I'm good for any time on Thurs.

@webguy20 got anything more specific in mind?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Oh hey.

12342755_10208067436992394_7581260899928853468_n.jpg?oh=0554cd88ad828f5f41df7e1ea30e2f1f&oe=56D91CD1

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm going to need a bigger tackle box.

EDIT: Or just admit I need an entire box just for my Imperial stuff and a separate one for my Scum and Rebellion stuff.

Nealneal on
  • XeadinMCXeadinMC Reasonable Equestrian Lake Forest Park, WARegistered User regular
    A Royal Guard Defender? As if the TIE Defender wasn't any more powerful or intimidating.

That should yield some interesting results.

YIVQ28P.png
    Nealneal wrote: »
    I'm going to need a bigger tackle box.

EDIT: Or just admit I need an entire box just for my Imperial stuff and a separate one for my Scum and Rebellion stuff.

My 3 boxes aren't going to be big enough (they're hardly enough as it is).

That's pretty exciting though. The defender could definitely use some love.
    Wonder if they'll do a Veterans for Rebels or Scum as well (Scum could probably use it more)

admanb wrote: »
    Well... except for the legal slavery.

George Lucas was never really clever enough for shades of grey.

Legal Slavery existed in the time of the Republic. Slavery didn't become a "evil" thing in Earth minds until 300-400 years ago. Until then, we were perfectly fine with owning people.

I'm not saying the Republic was better. :P

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Oh hey.

12342755_10208067436992394_7581260899928853468_n.jpg?oh=0554cd88ad828f5f41df7e1ea30e2f1f&oe=56D91CD1

Well, that makes the choice of whether to buy the defender/a second bomber super easy then.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/14/rule-the-skies/

I was literally just thinking that these two ships would be the subjects of a second imp aces pack

aahhhhh can't wait to actually use my tie defender in a credible way

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    swx52-tie-x7.png

Whoah.

swx52-tie-d.png

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2015
    Looks like the Bomber titles allows you to take 2x 4-cost or less crew instead of crew as well!

And I think the 8PS bomber says:
    "Once per round, after you discard an [EPT] Upgrade card, flip that card faceup"

!

crimsoncoyote on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Looks like the Bomber titles allows you to take 2x 4-cost or less crew instead of crew as well!

And I think the 8PS bomber says:
    "Once per round, after you discard an [EPT] Upgrade card, flip that card faceup"

!

I think you're right, and it's dope

goddamn, those two Defender titles are rad as hell, too

Shorty on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2015
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/14/rule-the-skies/
    Defender Fix:
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    swx52-tie-x7.png

Whoah.

swx52-tie-d.png

Also HOLY SHIT:
    swx52-long-range-scanners.png

Pilots:
    swx52-gamma-squad-vet.png
    And it's hard to link, but A PS8 Bomber pilot that can re-use one shot EPTs for 24 points. (And it comes with Crack Shot for this purpose, clearly)

Edit: And Maarek Stele in a defender with the same pilot ability as the existing version.

Also:
    - A free Bomber title that removes all ordnance slots and adds two crew slots, but you cannot equip crew that cost more than 4 points, so no Gunner or Emperor.
    - Explanation of the Tractor Beam rules: -1 agility for each Tractor token until the end of the end phase, plus some more print.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    oh man, new Defender title is just made for tractor beam, that's awesome

long range sensors will make for an amazing alpha strike for missile/torpedo boats.

for reference, here is every ship that can currently equip the long range sensor mod:

K-wing
    TIE Bomber
    TIE Punisher
    Firespray w/ Slave 1 title

• D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, more money to spend!

Wish I knew someone local, want to do a 300 point game but I want to fondle the models too.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    would anybody over the holidays be down to try a 300 point epic match? Get a chance to break out the big ships.

I'm game.

Hell yeah, sign me up!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Gotta admit this pack is probably the most excited I've been for the new waves in a while. Definitely need to pick this one up.

Saw some speculation (ie. Wild hopes) that a rebel version would be the X-wing and E-wing. I'd have to agree. I'd love to see the T-65 get some better upgrades and I just enjoy the E-wing for some reason.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2015
    T-65 seems pretty unlikely to get a full release, at this point. They're pushing TFA stuff way too hard to want to generate that kind of market confusion. I could see the T-65 getting an x1-style title, but who knows what box that would show up in.

E-Wing seems obvious but I'm not sure what you pair it with. Y-Wing basically already got its upgrade box with BTL-A4 and TLT, but maybe they do that anyways. You could do plenty of new stuff with Ys just by giving them a way to take an EPT.

admanb on
    I guess the question would be what would be needed to help out the T-65.

It could be some sort of x-wing only upgrade to turn a hard turn or a k-turn into a talon roll?
    Might need more than that, but it's a thought.

There's so much in that box I can barely process it at all.

300 point game? I might be down. Epic ships seem confusing to me.

looks like a partial spoiler of a new Imperial-only crew card in the bombfender box, as well

looks like Systems Officer, with text: "when you [reveal a] maneuver, [select a] friendly [ship at some range or other], that [ship may do something]"

with the interest in the 300 point games maybe we can do a 2v2 match or something. Currently I'm thinking sometime between Christmas and new years.

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I guess the question would be what would be needed to help out the T-65.

It could be some sort of x-wing only upgrade to turn a hard turn or a k-turn into a talon roll?
    Might need more than that, but it's a thought.

Give it SLAM and a points reduction, say it's doing the wing-closing to speed up thing

it needs some kind of way to reposition itself, basically. It's just...too easy to outfly at this point in the game (most small ships have either a turret or a boost/barrel roll now), and if you miss on your first run you probably don't have enough health/dodge to come around for another pass. It needs some way to do anything beyond "point straight at enemy and pray".

also the T-70 eats its lunch points-wise :bigfrown:

Super happy for bombers/defenders though, this is a cool update but what does the last T-70 pilot do

Daypigeon on
    The T-65 is in nowhere near as bad a place as people seem to think.
    Integrated Astromech is all it really needs to shine again.

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    The T-65 is in nowhere near as bad a place as people seem to think.
    Integrated Astromech is all it really needs to shine again.

I'm skeptical but I want to be convinced

I mean the 70 has already Tokyo drifted its way into my heart, but I'd like the classic X to do well too