As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

I got gifts and I have great pictures that I will be posting as soon as I grab my laptop and turn it on. I got a Digaea art book, a reading book, and a PSN card. Woo! Expect an edit with pictures soon.

Well, relatively soon. I for some reason have updates turned on and Microsoft somehow decided now was a great time to restart.

Santa, whoever you are, I'm going to download Atelier Ayesha Plus while I wait. PSN money + Best Buy gift card = Alchemy

Now with pictures!!!

*disclaimer - Dropbox likes to rotate pictures and I'm too lazy to argue with them. Sorry.

Layla knows she gets treats to guard the boxes
    2015-12-19%2013.21.50.jpg?dl=0

Lucy, the 12 week old demon, is "helping"
    2015-12-19%2013.22.14.jpg?dl=0

It's OK Amazon, you tried
    2015-12-19%2013.25.16.jpg?dl=0

Games! As you can see, they're both helping now.
    2015-12-19%2013.25.40.jpg?dl=0

Disgaea art, so pretty.
    2015-12-19%2013.26.47.jpg?dl=0

New book! I'm not allowed to have my Kindle at work so I've been borrowing a lot of Library books.
    2015-12-19%2013.27.32.jpg?dl=0

Lucy also says thank you for the ribbons that came on the presents
    2015-12-19%2013.32.54.jpg?dl=0

Separate spoiler for people that just want the money shot

2015-12-19%2013.28.34.jpg?dl=0

Shameless ultra cute pet picture

2015-12-15%2021.38.50.jpg?dl=0

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A trick for people with large pictures who use Imgur, add in an "l" (as in lion) right after the string of letters/numbers in the url to automatically resize it for forum posting. No cropping required.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    There's two boxes here... Well... 3 but I don't think Santa sent me a car bumper for my roommate. I will open them soon!

That would be some pro-tier stalking, though...

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Those are awesome!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I got gifts and I have great pictures that I will be posting as soon as I grab my laptop and turn it on. I got a Digaea art book, a reading book, and a PSN card. Woo! Expect an edit with pictures soon.

Well, relatively soon. I for some reason have updates turned on and Microsoft somehow decided now was a great time to restart.

Santa, whoever you are, I'm going to download Atelier Ayesha Plus while I wait. PSN money + Best Buy gift card = Alchemy

Now with pictures!!!

*disclaimer - Dropbox likes to rotate pictures and I'm too lazy to argue with them. Sorry.

Disgaea art, so pretty.

New book! I'm not allowed to have my Kindle at work so I've been borrowing a lot of Library books.

Now with pictures!!!

Disgaea art, so pretty.

Twas I! Glad everything got to you and hope you have great holidays!

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Now with pictures!!!

Disgaea art, so pretty.

Now with pictures!!!

Disgaea art, so pretty.

Twas I! Glad everything got to you and hope you have great holidays!

Many much thanks!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Gifts have been got!
    The cat investigates what I'm pretty sure is not a bomb:
    ylJ6SUr.jpg
    An assortment of tasty goodies awaits inside! Pocky, some coffee marshmallows, a Lion bar, and soda flavored candy! I had similar marshmallows at PAX, I will need to be careful with these.
    kHhth6q.jpg
    Inside the first box, we find the lovely Agent Peggy Carter! I have a slight Funko addiction, but she wasn't on my shelf yet. She's now protecting Buddy Christ from a Dalek! Almost 40, still playing with dolls.
    rHacGb8.jpg
    Next was Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon. I have to admit, I've been reading really early Avengers/Iron Man, and Hawkeye is my least favorite of them. His origin is "Saw Tony Stark with a pretty girl and got so jealous he tried to kill him", for Bob's sake! So I was surprised how good this was - I picked up the book and had to finish it in one sitting. A much different take on the 50s-60s goofball I'd been reading about.
    WCloeYu.jpg
    I saved the big box for last, and holy shitsnacks this looks cool! I'm a really terrible loser, so we can only play co-op games around this house, and Mysterium looks like a great one! I have some company coming down for xmas, and we're definitely breaking this out.
    NUPAxFD.jpg
    Here's the whole haul:
    YZOmwBT.jpg
    Thank you, @Houn, this is all awesome! Merry Chistmas, G&T!

• Options
    I first discovered the Lion bar last year, and it instantly became my favorite candy bar. May it similarly ruin the supermarket candy aisle for you as well!

So Good!

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

I got my Secret Santa gift in the mail today, from our very own @TeeMan . It didn't fit in the mailbox, but the mailman sure believed in himself! (Sadly, I did not take a picture of this, as I was curious of what it was at the moment).

Anyhow, let's see what we got.

Gift the first!
    IMG_0801_zpsgacrscli.jpg

Now this was quite a treat. It seems to be a handmade tile-art picture of an Inkling! Absolutely stunning! I will hang this on my wall ASAP!

Gift the second!
    IMG_0802_zpsj9hcerao.jpg

It seems there were also some chocolate bars. But not chocolate bars I get here in the U.S., but those that have come from the far-off land of Australia. I will not only enjoy these myself, but share them with my friends and family!

I also received a letter with a happy Santa-man!
    IMG_0803_zpsixsc43eu.jpg

Inside was a hand-written letter!

1b5aab2a-013a-490f-bd8d-eed9bd1e8cd9_zpsicdlewgi.jpg

For those of you who might have trouble reading it, I have taken the liberty of transcribing it
    TeeMan wrote:
    Hey, Zython!

Is is I, TeeMan, who is your G&T Secret Santa this year! I had a pretty easy time stalking you this year (as opposed to other years??) because you put your WiiU games tag ahead of all others in your assignment email! "Curious", I thought, as I don't own a WiiU myself. This put me down the path of Splatoon and the, as you can see, is history. The colour scheme throughout the game is amazingly vibrant so this was a joy to watch come together.

I also included an assortment of local delicacies for you. Our chocolate has a bit more sugar in it than what I've tasted from Hershey bars, so it might give you a bit of a kick!

I hope you have a great Christmast break and a productive, successful 2016.

All the best,

Teeman :D

Quite a classy and thoughtful gift I have received this year! May you have a Merry Christmas, as well, TeeMan!

P.S. The mailbox is fine.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Huzzah! I'm so glad it all got there undamaged, I may have gone a little overboard with the bubble-wrap haha. My personal favorite of the chocolates is the Violet Crumble, so be sure to savor that one

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    @ArcticLancer I just finished reading Saga. I might be hooked. I might be looking for Volume 4 right now...

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Huzzah! I'm so glad it all got there undamaged, I may have gone a little overboard with the bubble-wrap haha. My personal favorite of the chocolates is the Violet Crumble, so be sure to savor that one

Yeah, I had to wrestle the bubble-wrap a bit to unpack everything. Definitely a smart move, though.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Well, it is a joyous Festivus in the Reign home!

Boo decided to swoop in and check out the goings-on (while I was not looking, of course). Ah, Boo's laugh is so intoxicating.
    1g6wccw408m7.jpg
    yjt22bzcgado.jpg

Shoot 'Em Up! Can't wait to check this out!
    uq9ygkkuj731.jpg

3anl8aj402dh.jpg
    Sunset Overdrive! This game looked cool as hell, so I'm pretty stoked to give it a whirl. As is Boo, Obviously.
    0rluizsae4kx.jpg

A Nerf Gun?! While you have successfully bought my luv, you have also earned my wife's wrath and hatred. She's little, but she is violent. Awesome!
    xwond8cgu9kh.jpg

Everything!
    g7cp89viqrj5.jpg

Well, Santa, this was quite awesome and will make my holiday break even more enjoyable. Thanks a bunch, Sir! I only saw your real name, and I do not wanna put you on blast.. So unless I missed something painfully obvious, stand up and take a bow! Or, sit where you are and bask in success!

Edit: Sorry about the blur on the Nerf gun :(

This was me!

I really hope you enjoy the gifts. I know you like Destiny, so I figured some extra gun related stuff would be a good theme to go with. Happy holidays!

Not only do I like Destiny, but I also love guns! A win for both columns. I will be watching Shoot 'Em Up either tonight or tomorrow, and the Nerf has already claimed its first victim. My neighbor made the mistake of coming to visit, so I blasted him. Fired three times in an upward track and got him in the thigh, chest and side of the head. It's all good though, he has sworn vengeance. I now have to look over my shoulder when I leave my apartment.
    Is Sunset Overdrive as fun as it looked, folks?

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

I got a package last night. I was confused for a good long while, since I thought maybe I ordered something. It took me a good 45 seconds of staring into the box to realize what's going on.

IMG_20151219_161713.jpg

@Mace1370 (I assume!) has sent me some awesome games!

Played a round of kittens last night with the gf, it started off a bit slow, but towards the end of the round it got nice and tense.

I'll have to organize a game night soon to try 7 wonders.

minirhyder on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

So sorry I didn't get this up yesterday. I told myself I couldn't open them until I actually got my santee's gifts wrapped and boxed. but I'm here now!

This all started with a cryptic message about trilogies and gifts
    This is part 1 of a secret santa gift trilogy!

You have a PS3 and are behind on games? How about some PSN credit to help you catch up?

CODE REMOVED!

Part 2 is on your way to your house and part 3 will happen... Eventually!

Signed,
    Your Penny Arcade Secret Santa

Which I totally have applied to my account but I haven't had a chance to pick anything yet. I'll get something good!

Following this message two boxes showed up the other day. Mysteries abound!
    5FcIXAkl.jpg
    cats are uninterested. sorry internet.

This one showed up in a fancy bag. Not sure if that's on amazon's part of the product.
    jc69rXJl.jpg
    PN158cQl.jpg
    So my first assumption was that they'd just be like any other peanut butter/chocolate mix (which is a good thing by the way), but these are legitimately great and much tastier than any other similar chocolate I've had in a way I can't really explain. Like... they're sweeter but without the sickeningly fake sugary taste of the more processed stuff. I don't know. They're damn tasty though!

trilogy references from the first message could be a clue or just incidental
    ktwav9vl.jpg
    x4yUaeIl.jpg
    I have heard fantastic things about this series and I tore through it in one sitting last night. It was a great read. Gillen is a writer I'm always a big fan of and it did great work with the characters and mythology of the old and new movies (it's set after new hope, but before empire).

Also to the reference in your card that I "MUST LIKE STAR WARS", well- Here's what I was doing while opening the box.
    fORyLlzl.jpg
    Had to watch them all before I take my parents to see the new one in a couple hours!

So thanks to unnamed on any of the packages SANTA!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular

So I received this package on Monday and have been slacking on getting the pictures up but here they are.
    sejxsk1818tn.jpg

My zergling could not wait to get them open...
    650oo7s23iur.jpg

In side where these to gems!
    hk1aegkkcakt.jpg

Thank you for all the great gifts cooljammer00.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

What's this? ANOTHER package?

My animals were VERY interested in it (though I didn't get any pictures of them and I tore into it trying to figure out what I'd ordered...It turned out to be the final package from my overly generous Santa, one filled with gourmet treats!
    The first item was this awesome Sockeye Salmon Jerky! I've often eyeballed this stuff (I LOVE smoked salmon and lox) but never picked it up. Now I'm fighting the urge to simply inhale the whole bag all at once! It's delicious!
    BldwM4V.jpg
    Next up was a bag of dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts. I've actually had these once before (on a trip to Hawaii) and they are as awesome as I remembered. These go on the "MINE" shelf. :)
    idyWIyS.jpg
    Even MORE chocolate goodness! A HUGE sampler pack of chocolate covered dried cherries! I immediately broke one package open and tried the "Truffle Chocolate Cherries". So good! I might even get my kids to try fruit with these, assuming I deign to share.
    qhc5Rzg.jpg
    And last was a pair of amazing looking chocolate bars in dark chocolate salted almond and milk chocolate varieties. I have yet to taste these, as I was verging on a diabetic coma already, but if they taste as good as they look then I have no doubt they'll be enjoyed!
    o2YRqRz.jpg

And here's the entire haul in all it's glory!
    LDrwZB1.jpg

A little bit of reverse stalking based on the name on the package and I'm fairly certain my Santa was our very own @Hypatia ! All of her hard work on this Secret Santa and she STILL had time to stalk me so hard that it was like she was inside my brain! Thank you so much for the amazing gifts!

Ack! I got so wrapped up in the food I completely forgot about the flying monkey! I didn't get a picture of him, but here's a stock photo for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of being shot in the back of the head at work by one of these:
    jxYDq7tF.jpg

edit: I used my flying monkey to make my wife pee her pants last night. Turns out having one of these soar across your head screaming as 4 dogs rush to investigate is a bit startling. :)

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Hypatia wrote: »

I've already had a ton of fun paging through the cookbook identifying origins in the cookbook and I am somewhat ashamed to say that my husband and I may have already committed mooseicide, but they were delicious! The mouse is incredibly fancy looking, I've never had something so complex so I'll definitely give it a go. Maybe it will mean less people will fall over dead in my raids! :)

Thank you!

I want you to know that as soon as I saw "Ice Planets" was in there that I added it to my wish list. :)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »

I got a package last night. I was confused for a good long while, since I thought maybe I ordered something. It took me a good 45 seconds of staring into the box to realize what's going on.

IMG_20151219_161713.jpg

@Mace1370 (I assume!) has sent me some awesome games!

Played a round of kittens last night with the gf, it started off a bit slow, but towards the end of the round it got nice and tense.

I'll have to organize a game night soon to try 7 wonders.

That was me, merry Christmas!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I know someone who has a package on their porch today!. It's there right now. If you have a porch, it could be you. Just think about your porch and imagine there's a box just sitting there, waiting for you, full of unknown merriment. Think of the excitement when you get home from work, wondering all day if my post is about your porch. Then you get home and find a package you weren't expecting and open it and find it's oranges from Great Aunt Edna. Oops, guess it wasn't your porch. Maybe send Edna a nice thank you note though, she's on a tight budget and just wants to keep you from getting scurvy.

My gift won't help you avoid scurvy - but it is on your porch right now. Waiting.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    It is no longer on the porch. Like a green grinch I stole it away to make it my own! e633912.gif

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    It is no longer on the porch. Like a green grinch I stole it away to make it my own! e633912.gif

Get your own gimmick!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

It was MY porch!
    I had gotten a somewhat passive-agressive note from Santa recently saying things were on the way. I guess the holiday stress gets to everyone, even the jolly guy. Then I am leaving for work and see a box on my porch! USPS and UPS have taken to early morning deliveries these days, rather than the usual 1PM or so. Works for me!

Because I'm impatient, I bring it to work and open it there instead, so I apologize ahead of time for the hints of a messy desk in the pics, but at least you can't see the rest of my desk.
    zLRkagHl.jpg
    A wild package appears! It appears to be cardboard-type.

JJOYNhjl.jpg
    A letter inside!
    Santa wrote:
    Twas a night in December
    And at my PC
    I was hunting and stalking
    My Secret Santee

My eyes were glazed over
    From searching forums for tips
    And finding nothing but board games
    and tiny space ships.

But then what to my desperate eye did appear?
    But an amazon wishlist full of holiday cheer.

Up to my bedroom I flew like a flash
    Tore open my wallet and grabbed all my cash

I ordered a board game, all shiny and new
    But soon learned I wasn't the only one shopping for you.

For before I could cross that sweet game off your list
    Someone else did, leaving me frustrated and pissed.

Not once did this happen, but twice in three days
    As the list would be changed before I made my updates.

So in the end I decided my job as your elf
    Was to buy you the things I'd like to play with myself.
    And so here's your package before the due date expired
    Merry Christmas to You (Some Assembly is Required)

Happy Holidays!
    Lindsay Lohan (G&T)

Unfortunately it appears that santa had found my list the same time my sister-in-law did. She went on a bit of a spree and is now convinced that everyone in the family needs to keep one to make birthdays and Christmas so much easier. (We've got some extremely difficult people in our family who either just buy what they want or have no hobbies/interests)

UjWGUl3l.jpg
    Candy! I have a ridiculous sweet tooth, and as such all of this will be greatly appreciated, but attempted to be eaten sparingly.

LkDNu6pl.jpg
    Nerd ropes are one of my favorites! The Kisses Deluxe sound amazing! And there's a chocolate lobster! I don't know if there's actual lobster inside. I don't know how I feel about that. Maybe it'd be good? I've only ever eaten it steamed. As it appears my santa lives in Maine (Eh, it's close enough to the north pole, right?) I'm quite jealous. I've been to Maine twice in my life, and I'd love to visit again.

Cl36mQJl.jpg
    Wrapped presents! Awesome wrapping job too!

18Kmndhl.jpg
    LEGO! Star Wars! My santa knows me well.

QeC0F7nl.jpg
    A 3D wind-up robot puzzle? It'll be fun putting this one together! It's got fewer pieces than the other 3D puzzles I've tried to assemble, so it shouldn't share their unfinished fate.

pVwpf6tl.jpg
    I don't ever remember seeing these before, but it sounds amazing! Sheet metal 3D models and look really cool.

xSKemLsl.jpg
    The dark lord of the sith himself, Darth Vader, in LEGO form! This one might have to find a spot on my desk at work.

wKchVkDl.jpg
    A nano drone! I almost bought one of these (not this brand/model, but something similar) at a con but didn't. I want a full sized drone but there's no way I'd ever afford it, and now I can fly it inside! It's taking all of my willpower not to open this right now and risk my boss seeing me fly it around the office. I'm also glad to see it comes with replacement blades.

iaprMqfl.jpg
    The whole haul!

Thank you Santa, @Lindsay Lohan!
    p3NDD5C37ZJ1O.jpg

I apologize for the frustrations, but you've done and AMAZING job even with the setbacks. I'll find out what you were planning to get late on Christmas Eve. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    According to UPS and USPS both of my gifts are to be delivered today... I can't wait!

• Options
    I apologize for the frustrations, but you've done and AMAZING job even with the setbacks. I'll find out what you were planning to get late on Christmas Eve. :D

Hahaha - all the frustrations did was put another board game under our tree. That's never a problem. Finding a place to store more board games has become more of an issue :)

Glad everything reached you safely!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    vhannroy wrote: »

So I received this package on Monday and have been slacking on getting the pictures up but here they are.
    sejxsk1818tn.jpg

My zergling could not wait to get them open...
    650oo7s23iur.jpg

In side where these to gems!
    hk1aegkkcakt.jpg

Thank you for all the great gifts cooljammer00.

No problem! From rudimentary stalking, I saw that you may or may not have an interest in flying, and also maybe space?

That's it for me! Enjoy the pictures and words in paper form!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I feel like my Santa forgot about me, or he/she is just being really sneaky and waiting till the last minute!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    I feel like my Santa forgot about me, or he/she is just being really sneaky and waiting till the last minute!

There's always a flurry of gifts being sent/received around Christmas. I wouldn't worry about it until after the new year if you haven't heard anything. Plus, some santas prefer to be sneaky.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Maybe he will come down your chimney!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
      edited December 2015
      kpvhwfkddvrs.gif

So another package appeared. I learned before the Post Office opens, you can ring a doorbell, and get your sign for package out of the back. AND NOT WAIT IN LINE!

http://imgur.com/a/Gul4P

So Sophie dog investigates as always.
      IM2AoNj.jpg
      A7MRhZw.jpg
      She doesn't notice the napkin with dogs of her breed on it, oh well.

a note:
      w3qbzmz.jpg
      Wait a second, I got a scully,
      6YsZlMw.jpg

Well I got that one right
      5QepLzI.jpg
      ULrdodI.jpg
      Wait, there are two more in this series? I never thought I would want these guys.

Mulder investigating this giant candy cane looking thing holding a giant stocking. . . what is this?
      LL1McnI.jpg

DyasAlure on
      My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • Options
      Bloodycow wrote: »

There's always a flurry of gifts being sent/received around Christmas. I wouldn't worry about it until after the new year if you haven't heard anything. Plus, some santas prefer to be sneaky.

Yeah, the deadline is the 31st, and shipping is slammed this time of year. Patience!

...and even if your Santa had a holiday hiccup, there are Easter Bunnies to pick up the slack!

• Options
      pVwpf6tl.jpg
      I don't ever remember seeing these before, but it sounds amazing! Sheet metal 3D models and look really cool.

I started trying to assemble Slave I, and it is stressful. I feel like I'm going to mess this up with every tab I bend. I ended up using a "AA" battery to get the curve into this piece.
      BLdtRXTl.jpg

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      that is very resourceful. . . I don't know about you, but a challenging model that you make look good, makes it so much more rewording. Just don't record the words Iyou use putting it together.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • Options
      It recommends tweezers, I really should have thrown a pair in there. I do enjoy the fact the model is sitting on a notebook, presumably of work that is supposed to be getting done.

• Options
      edited December 2015
      Yeah, I got out my tweezers from my work case to bend tabs to hold it together. I almost messed up the gun mount on the bottom (attach the gun, THEN attach it to the ship), but I got it on there. And now yes, I should probably get back to work. My "break" is over.

I've got a good pair of tweezers at home from when I used to make chainmail.

edit: UPDATE: There is no lobster in the chocolate.
      UPDATE2: The chocolate is delicious.

ArcSyn on
      4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Yeah, I got out my tweezers from my work case to bend tabs to hold it together. I almost messed up the gun mount on the bottom (attach the gun, THEN attach it to the ship), but I got it on there. And now yes, I should probably get back to work. My "break" is over.

I've got a good pair of tweezers at home from when I used to make chainmail.

edit: UPDATE: There is no lobster in the chocolate.

I hope not - I think the only thing "Maine" in the treats is that the blue candy cane might be blueberry.

• Options
      AmQjONSl.jpg

Just to give people an idea of size with this thing. The detail panels on this are so tiny!

Turns out the "AA" wasn't small enough, so I used my pen barrel to put a smaller radius on the bend.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      I have wanted to try one of those metal models, and not as of yet. That is crazy.

I still have a model I need to finish of a car.

• Options
      cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Artemis found a parcel awaiting his approval.

PI0a1xm.jpg

OIwUr3k.jpg

It took me a moment, but my eyes lit up like a candle when I realized what that meant.

bYxjROv.jpg

Artemis can have the box, but I'll happily take the contents.

ayKSLQs.jpg

Thanks santa! I think I somehow missed #2 and #3, but this is soooo good, I've been delaying this and hating myself for it. I've heard it's great, just didn't have the budget(thanks new car).

DgTERb7.jpg

Artemis can keep the box, I suppose.

wVEsyIc.png
    • Options
      ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
      First off, an apology to my Santa for taking a few extra days to get this posted to the thread. Business travel for your end-of-year meeting while simultaneously rolling out a major product release leaves one with little time for a proper Gift Get post and, believe you me, this one deserves it.

So, without further ado ...

GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

So, my Santa had previously bestowed upon me some awesome games from the Humble Bundle but had, before that, taken notice of my interest in (aircraft) simulator games, for which I had recently (and finally!) got a TrackIR system. Totally a game changer! He sent along a premium plane pack for War Thunder, which gives you a kick-ass airplane to tool around in (in my case, a sexy P-51) and some premium time, making your progress through the game's other planes and tanks much faster. (This last one hasn't been redeemed yet because your premium time starts counting down immediately, and [see above] I won't have a chance to play much of anything until post-Christmas.)

Taken together, all of that would have been a damn fine Secret Santa present, and I would've been extremely happy.

But my Santa didn't stop there.

This is Leesburg Executive Airport, located a reasonable distance from my home.

pcxbmxro6ubb.png

This is one of two locations at which a local flight school teaches aspiring pilots how to fly.

They say [citation required] that the best gift you can get for someone is something that they've always wanted, but would never actually spend the money on for themselves.

Many, many years ago, a much younger, much less wise Elvenshae had a chance to go to flight school and be a pilot - and to be perfectly frank, if not a little maudlin, that had been his dream since he was an even younger, even less wise Elvenshae. Unfortunately, he managed to ruin it for, in retrospect, some pretty trivial reasons. Bad decision piled upon bad decision, and the chance was gone.

In the many years since, I've thought about going back and trying again, but intense jobs, a wonderful wife, beautiful kids, looming deadlines, mortgages and down-payments happened, and there was just never a right time. When life would settle down from one thing, another (to be fair, frequently related to my job) would raise its head and I'd think, "Nah - no time for that right now."

It's been not-the-right-time for 15 years.

So, yes, my Santa got me an introductory flight lesson, based on my gaming history. But, completely unbeknownst to him, he forced me to look again at a dream I had pretty much given up on.

I don't even know how to say thank you for that.

Merry Christmas, @Bloodycow

I'll find a way to record it for posterity. I may or may not edit out me giggling like an idiot the whole time.