As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Santa I have repurposed your box to send to a new santee. It's the little empty Amazon box Gotham deserves. Which means santee I actually am sending you the thing. Stay strong

initiatefailure on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    @ArcticLancer I just finished reading Saga. I might be hooked. I might be looking for Volume 4 right now...

I really hope you can track it down in that case. One of the reasons I was most excited I could get you your gifts in the US was simply because I could actually source them. Finding things in Australia seemed hard. :P

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

Package in transit, Executor! Dispatch Probe for investigation!
    xrl3clay6gn9.jpg

Having cleared away any stray molecules of minerals or vespene, let's get to work.
    Santa his given me the gift of dice!
    xmjun2o044il.jpg
    Diiiice from your graaaaave!
    t2ppk3l3peku.jpg
    Or... Dice from your jaaaade!

Such treasures might cause sweaty fingers, but Santa's got me covered:
    klguz767x05u.jpg
    If you'd seen the state of my controller, you'd know how badly I needed these. Then again, sounds like you have. Suspicious...!

Let's not worry about sweat. There's yet more dice to be had!
    93brswbdoz0j.jpg

So... Many... Dice...
    tavvdgz1v9lb.jpg

And, last but not least, I get sent rolling back to the past to take part in a grand adventure that I missed on its first time around...
    FF7Steam_zps8cnueyzr.jpg

I'll be rolling like a madman with all these precious polyhedrons! Thanks, @Nessticle !

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Bursar wrote: »
    t2ppk3l3peku.jpg
    Or... Dice from your jaaaade!

I love chessex dice. And that is the exact colors I have. I have the 6 sided small as well as the D&D set. Many a happy roles to you.
    I got them because they are close to Green bay Packers colors

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @Bloodycow you wonderful son of a gun, that's an unbelievable gift!

steam_sig.png
  • NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    You are so welcome it was fun! Happy Holidays!

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Santa,

I got your message!

I am leaving town on the 23rd and returning on the 26th, but am trying to arrange for a friend to pick up the gift and refrigerate/freeze it until I return. So there will be a delay in pictures.

steam_sig.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    According to a PM delivered to me by the ever-wonderful Proxy, I have a package incoming!
    It should be here tomorrow morning if the tracking elves are to be believed.
    I may or may not have downloaded an extension for chrome to have it automatically refresh the page every five minutes

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    @Elvenshae, I didn't know that my gift would hit so close to home. I've always wanted to get my privates pilot's license. As I had neighbors that had a couple Cessna's when I was growing up and they would take me flying. Sadly, the government doesn't allow you to use your GI Bill to get a Private Pilot's License unless you're getting it as part of a degree. Maybe when I get out of the military I will give it a shot.

I was super excited to get that lesson for you and I can't wait to see the video/pictures! Giving is the best part of this season!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I still don't know how @Nessticle timed that PM to be delivered between when I left from work and when I arrived at home to find the package on my doorstep. Really eerie stuff.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    @Elvenshae, I didn't know that my gift would hit so close to home. I've always wanted to get my privates pilot's license. As I had neighbors that had a couple Cessna's when I was growing up and they would take me flying. Sadly, the government doesn't allow you to use your GI Bill to get a Private Pilot's License unless you're getting it as part of a degree. Maybe when I get out of the military I will give it a shot.

I was super excited to get that lesson for you and I can't wait to see the video/pictures! Giving is the best part of this season!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

@Bloodycow I thought TA would cover some of the costs? I know they would pay for some of the stuff when I was casually looking into that in 07/08. You should also check to see if there is a club that would help with costs/help with training when you get to your next base.
    Still though, amazing gift.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Page 1 assembly complete!
    V4kbAL6l.jpg

If it doesn't look like there's much done, you can kinda see in the pictures behind it that the grey boxes are the pieces added on to give extra detail and depth to the main body.

edit: PAGE 2!
    GuR3ToEl.jpg
    Swearbox.jpg

I must have missed the fine print on these instructions: Assemble while listening to music that will keep you in a happy place...

Oh, and that's just one side. I need to do the other.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm torn between apologizing for buying it and going out and buying one for myself.

I'm torn between apologizing for buying it and going out and buying one for myself.

I'll let you know when I tear it apart and stomp it into the trash finish it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

Just got a message from my Secret Santa that contained a key for the NEO GEO Humble Bundle!

I just can't get enough of super nintendo era video games and NEO GEO games like Metal Slug are right up my alley. Gonna play the crap outta these

Thanks a ton!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Santa stikes again!

J97pEN1.png

Fortunately I didn't buy all the things on steam this afternoon - although I was sorely tempted.
    soon

soooooooooon

gCBKaKil.jpg

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I spoke too soon.

Warning: Missing numerals approaching!

Artemis already has another box to keep him company.

bz5OJfD.jpg

The contents got his attention, though:

0cXZU3A.jpg

You have a sharp memory, santa, I'll give you that.

VKM2Snn.jpg

I was wondering how on earth you could fit the PC classic into a box...

pWKrLPs.jpg?1

That's how! It'll look awesome next to my Fumiko figurine.

I accidentally wound up saving #2 for last:

Yc9J69n.jpg

And I admit I laughed with joy.

RAZEKUn.jpg
    I've been dying to get this forever: the original novel that Durarara! was based on.

I'm a huge fan of the show, and I've heard the novel is just as great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOc_07raNE

The entire haul:
    YmeziAF.jpg

This really came at a cathartic time.
    I think I know who you are based on my fairly decent ninja detection skills, but whether or not you want to reveal yourself, santa, you have my deepest gratitude for some of the bestest gifting ever.
    <3

(Artemis appreciates the bubble wrap, too.)
    5HHvZj8.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    So - who believes in karma?

After having a good chuckle at how difficult the model I sent ArcSyn was, I got my packages today!

Two Amazon boxes arrive - Gemma must investigate (quickly to make sure she blurs in the photo of course)

Byx0dlJ.jpg?1

First up - a new Infinity figure! Rocket Raccoon will join my shelf of addiction (aka Infinity and Amiibo)
    dHuVR3r.jpg?1

Next - the aforementioned karma. What gift is appropriate for someone who gifted tiny metal pieces of horror? Bloodborne of course :) Our old fart cat Hydrox decides to investigate:
    dyzxP3i.jpg?1

Finally, the second box - a bigger gift inside. A board game! The best part is that we're approaching New Year's Eve and our tradition the past few years as been that me, the wife, kid and niece stay up to ring in the new year playing board games. Last year we even bought trophies because we're dorks. This will definitely get played (maybe tonight actually):
    5BbOMRb.jpg?1

By the card I'm assuming I have @madpoet to thank? Awesome gifting! You hit all my addictions! Thanks a ton!

As a side note - I'd love to know what my mail carrier thought of the "Lindsay Lohan c/o Nate Littlefield" address on the packages :)

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Wait, did those all come at once? When I ordered them, they were back-ordered and Codenames wouldn't even be shipping until the 24th!
    One more box on the way, probably by next Wednesday.

Madpoet wrote: »
    Wait, did those all come at once? When I ordered them, they were back-ordered and Codenames wouldn't even be shipping until the 24th!
    One more box on the way, probably by next Wednesday.

Yup - two packages today (at different times strangely). Wow - I can't handle all the giftening!

ArcSyn wrote: »
    wKchVkDl.jpg

THIS DRONE IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it's so awesome and easier to fly (ahahahahaha) than those remote control tiny helicopters that were popular a few years back. I've got one of those in my basement and could never get it to stay in the air more than a few seconds before it would drift off into a wall or something. This thing is fun and stays in the air a bit longer, though my living room isn't huge so I'm still afraid of running it into the ceiling fan or TV.

The only downside is it sounds like a swarm of angry hornets are loose in your house and if you see it heading for your face you panic. :D

The best is the stunt button. Hold the button down and push one of the directions and it will do a flip, or if you're moving forward or back before pressing the button, it'll barrel roll. Makes it simple and fun.

It's also got two degrees of sensitivity. So low sensitivity on the controls to learn how to fly it, and high sensitivity when you're ready for really tight and responsive controls. I made the mistake of trying to learn without realizing I was in high sensitivity but flipping it down really helped.

Now I need to put it away before I realize it's late and I haven't gotten anything done around the house to prepare for the onslaught of family arriving on Christmas Eve.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2015
    darunia106 wrote: »

So I guess a steam sale started today? Here's what tipped me off...

5N45acS.jpg

Also the long awaited revelation of my santa! This is like the BigGoron Sword of giftage @darunia106 !!!

initiatefailure on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Santa! I am now home and have received your gift and I am over the moon about it, they all arrived safely and are so amazing. Pictures will come shortly!

Santee, your gift is on it's way very shortly! It will arrive after Christmas I think but not too much after.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Test

YL9WnCY.png
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

A parcel arrives! It's from Canada, that's a long trip (I'm in the UK). My wife isn't too well today so despite it saying "Merry Christmas" I managed to sneak a peek inside anyway.

A card!

lZ9VyRY.jpg

Inside it says:
    Card Text - "May this Christmas Season take you to some very merry places"
    My Santa - "I recommend Canada, eh? I've enclosed some mittens because it gets cold here in the colonies. BEAR IS DRIVING"

(I was going to post a pic but I've nothing to edit with on this machine and I didn't want to include my Santa's real name)

Here are said Mittens:
    w5tSDiS.jpg

They're not very comfortable to wear though. A little lumpy. Like there's something hidden in them.

jAU6o3r.jpg

Chocolate goodies! I managed to sneak one of these away before my wife took everything off me to wrap up for Christmas day, chastising me for opening it in the first place.

This is all on top of my previous gifts:
    CTO-NtfW4AAncfb.jpg
    CTO-RFpW4AAjEwH.jpg
    notfinal_9780545637084-1024x842.jpg

The mittens are actually greatly appreciated, I cycle to work and it can get extremely cold in the winter. I suffer from Raynaud's Syndrome which means I need the warmest of warm gloves. If mittens from Canada don't cut it, nothing will!

Thank you @Bear Is Driving. I would actually love to visit Canada in the future, and when I do I'll bring my super warm and comfortable gloves with me (the chocolates will be long gone though).

You have been a most awesome Santa: lego, sweeties, things to keep me warm, and providing my daughter with an awareness that farts are hilarious. Truly my heart has grown three sizes.

Merry Christmas!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Test

That's a big 10-4 there, ghost rider. Reading you loud and clear

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh dear, Beanboozled. Avoid earwax, it's worse than vomit.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    IT RETURNS!

I have been frantically refreshing my package tracking for the package from santa. It should be here today. I am very excited!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    The waiting game for pictures is the worst part of this!

Anyone want to play Hungry Hungry Hippos?

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Thank you @Bear Is Driving. I would actually love to visit Canada in the future, and when I do I'll bring my super warm and comfortable gloves with me (the chocolates will be long gone though).

You have been a most awesome Santa: lego, sweeties, things to keep me warm, and providing my daughter with an awareness that farts are hilarious. Truly my heart has grown three sizes.

Merry Christmas!

You're welcome and Merry Christmas!

I'm glad the mittens got to you before the 25th. The post seems extra slow this year so I wasn't sure they'd get there in time.

Farts are totally hilarious.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

Merry Christmas!

You're welcome and Merry Christmas!

I'm glad the mittens got to you before the 25th. The post seems extra slow this year so I wasn't sure they'd get there in time.

Farts are totally hilarious.

I'll get to experience the gifts again properly in a couple of days, I'll post up a pic of completed Wall-E, though I travel a lot over the festive period so it probably won't be till the New Year. I haven't put together Lego in so long (nothing of substantial size anyway), I'm really looking forward to it! I might even snap a pic of me out on the bike in the mittens ;)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Not strictly Secret Santa related, but here's a chain of events I'd like to share:

1. This thread teaches me about Æbleskivers.
    2. I won't shut up about Æbleskivers.
    3. My wife buys me an Æbleskiver pan and cookbook to shut me up.
    4. I made and consumed Æbleskivers this morning.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Mystery package arrived, what could it be?
    hrVupUg.jpg
    More boxes, festively adorned in green!
    kJk6NGF.jpg
    The contents!
    J6mqF9w.jpg

Thanks Santa, whoever you might be! Hadn't heard of either of the comics, but a few pages into Descender right now and really digging the art style. Gravity Rush also sounded really cool but hadn't had the chance to look into it yet, and always enjoy building new stuff. Thanks again, really made my day!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Descender is suuuuuper good so far. Can't wait for the next trade~
    MUCH CHRISTMAS!

So two things @Mechanical

1) I'm dumb and forgot to include a little letter explaining some of the gift choices.
    2) I'm shocked that it made it to you when I shipped it yesterday.

Gravity Rush is just an essential vita experience. The PSN card is in case you hated Gravity rush or to help with your new ps4.
    Descender is beautiful and brilliant and one of my favorite authors and it's about space robots!
    Black science was introduced to me by my last secret Santa and I'm compelled to send it to anyone into sci-fi.
    The halo set seemed fun and in the universe comprising half of your recent posts haha. And worst case I figure everyone needs desk guardians!

• AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I spoke too soon.

The entire haul:
    YmeziAF.jpg

I think I know who you are based on my fairly decent ninja detection skills, but whether or not you want to reveal yourself, santa, you have my deepest gratitude for some of the bestest gifting ever.
    <3

Hope you enjoy the gifts!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I spoke too soon.

The entire haul:
    YmeziAF.jpg

<3

Hope you enjoy the gifts!

Heh, I was right. :P The email address paired with forum history and the steam account associated with it were enough to figure it out. I truly do. Thanks again!
    (And the novel is great, Shinra's the best street doctor ever.)

wVEsyIc.png
    Holy shitballs, santa.
    Post incoming

edited December 2015

As I returned from bringing my oldest to see Star Wars, what do I see?
    Why it's a big box addressed to little old me!
    6bEf3Vnl.jpg

It's not a bomb so have no fear!
    There are two boxes inside wrapped in reindeer
    WlSD0eDl.jpg

Inside the lighter of the two
    We find some rad looking comics protected by Doctor Who!
    hqpPT4Kl.jpg

Box two is heavy. I am full of ..suspension?
    Inside... what's this? It's Lego Dimensions!
    R9BwH3al.jpg

Before this poem makes more people groan,
    Please, anonymous santa, make yourself known!

For real, though, this is awesome. My wife and I were going to get the dimensions set for our kids, but money didn't work out super great for that aspect of the plan. And if we did get it, I was planning on buying the dr who set for my wife since she and I play the lego games together. So your aim was super good!

Also I've been working on getting some more comics to read, so these will go quite nicely into my collection. Thanks a ton, santa!

Erin The Red on