As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I read that Legends Shockwave doesn't work with the Perfect Effect hands, if that matters to you.

Looks like a neat little figure, but I'll probably pass because I want to try to cut down on my toy spending a bit.

At least I have MP Shockwave coming this year, with looks really neat.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    has there been any word as to whether takara will actually be making blast off into a shuttle? there were some rumors back before bruticus wasn't officially announced (but everyone assumed he would happen).

got CW devastator as gift and i really like the guy. although i can't decide whether to keep him as 6 figures or 1. haven't had a lot of time to pose him so right now he is just standing on the desk but seems decently pose-able. it is amusing that my original scrapper and the CW scrapper have the same issue of "turtling" with their heads. also of not that some of the ratchets and other parts seem really strong. definitely had a few moments of "should i really press this hard?" wondering if i was going to snap somethnig in half.

• MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    has there been any word as to whether takara will actually be making blast off into a shuttle? there were some rumors back before bruticus wasn't officially announced (but everyone assumed he would happen).

got CW devastator as gift and i really like the guy. although i can't decide whether to keep him as 6 figures or 1. haven't had a lot of time to pose him so right now he is just standing on the desk but seems decently pose-able. it is amusing that my original scrapper and the CW scrapper have the same issue of "turtling" with their heads. also of not that some of the ratchets and other parts seem really strong. definitely had a few moments of "should i really press this hard?" wondering if i was going to snap somethnig in half.

Recently got him myself, biggest concern for me is how much force it required to separate Hook and Long Haul. One thing you may want to look out for early on is the post holding Hook's front end together. Mine already looks to have a stress mark. If I can find my old hairdryer I may take that to it, but since it's a hollow post, I may also reinforce it with a bit of a paperclip.

i havent taken him out of combined form yet since i had him split apart for a while in the beginning but i'll keep a look out for that when i do. there are a few minor things that going forward i am a little concerned about. for example scrapper's shovel doesn't quite hold in place unless devastator is standing in a particular position so i was worried about him shelf diving but he seems stable at the moment.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I would have bought a Devastator when it was around $108 before Christmas, but I had already spent too much money and passed. Hopefully it pops up again for that price on Amazon at some point because I have some Amazon gift card money now.

Of course, I also had a preorder for the Takara version at Nippon-Yassan, but I just never paid for my order so it was cancelled. Can't shop there again now!

i thought the lack of elbows would bother me, and it does but less than i thought it would. it is sort of a silly homage to the original toys. now i need to track down the combiner parts for the G1 guys i have so I can have both standing side by side.

i kinda want that dr. wu replacement mixmaster since the honeybee thing is annoying.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    CW Devastator is on my "eventually" list too, I'll probably wait till he dips back down to closer to $100 as well.

The Predaking re-release (the G1 Predacons) is also on my list, will probably end up getting him first.

Nobody on
    i want the predaking rerelease because i remember tantrum so fondly from being a kid. but i also remember onslaught and the combaticons were awesome in fall of cybertron so i want a bruticus. however i am still waiting to see what happens with the takara version of blast off. i don't mind the jet but if i am gonna shell out that much cash i want something i really like.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    i want the predaking rerelease because i remember tantrum so fondly from being a kid. but i also remember onslaught and the combaticons were awesome in fall of cybertron so i want a bruticus. however i am still waiting to see what happens with the takara version of blast off. i don't mind the jet but if i am gonna shell out that much cash i want something i really like.

I'm with you on this one, mainly due to nostalgia over anything else. Which is why I am now on the hunt for the rest of Defensor which will probably be a quest in futility (outside of evilBay). I was a sucker and bought a "con" version of Devastator from hasbro online. The shiny purple called to me too much. Now I wish I had a full original G1 version since my brother and I had all the bots between the two of us and I missed out on the re-release so long ago.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'm with you on this one, mainly due to nostalgia over anything else. Which is why I am now on the hunt for the rest of Defensor which will probably be a quest in futility (outside of evilBay). I was a sucker and bought a "con" version of Devastator from hasbro online. The shiny purple called to me too much. Now I wish I had a full original G1 version since my brother and I had all the bots between the two of us and I missed out on the re-release so long ago.

Last time I looked, Amazon had Groove for, like, three bucks. So if that's still going, that's one piece down.

edited January 2016
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Last time I looked, Amazon had Groove for, like, three bucks. So if that's still going, that's one piece down.

Just looking at Amazon now:

Rook is the most expensive limb at over $20
    First Aid and Blades are just under $20
    Streetwise is at around $17
    Groove is just over $3
    Hot Spot is over $40

I'd check in-store at Target and TRU, they tend to be 1-2 waves behind.

Nobody on
    Cool thank you for checking those. I'll have to see if I can hit up my local TRU soon. Somehow I thought I should have bought them before Christmas, but not enough money back then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited January 2016
    TRU.com has everything but Hot Spot and Rook available, the limbs are $20.00 and Groove is $10.00

BBTS has Hot Spot available in the Cyclonus/Hot Spot combo package that's $50.00 (probably your best option if you can sell off Cyclonus.

There are a couple of full sets on Ebay, but the price + shipping on the sets I've seen were all nasty.

EDIT: I'd check in store at any Targets if possible, that's where I've seen Hot Spot the most lately.

Nobody on
    Thanks for the suggestion, will look at my local Target as well. Does Walmart sell them? I never have checked there.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Hasbrotoyshop has the limbs for $15 apiece and Groove at $10, but no Hot Spot right now. There aren't any mass use codes right now but you can sign up for emails and get a unique 10% off one time use code. Or wait until a better code comes along. There's also free shipping on order over $50 either way.

I've never had any luck at Walmart, but YMMV. The ones near me all tended to be incredibly understocked.

Schide wrote: »
    Hasbrotoyshop has the limbs for $15 apiece and Groove at $10, but no Hot Spot right now. There aren't any mass use codes right now but you can sign up for emails and get a unique 10% off one time use code. Or wait until a better code comes along. There's also free shipping on order over $50 either way.

Hmm, this is tempting. What sucks is that I only need 2 of the limbs though (and Hot Spot of course) and just ordered Groove from Amazon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Picked up Starkiller Base Kylo Ren from K-Mart

The accurate lightsaber and a force gesture hand are nice to have

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    This forum may be help you in locating Hot Spot at retail, not sure where you are located but there's a thread for every state and several countries.

Nobody wrote: »
    This forum may be help you in locating Hot Spot at retail, not sure where you are located but there's a thread for every state and several countries.

Awesome thanks! Scanned through a few pages and it seems that most people in my state in the south, which doesn't help much. I'll have to go and do a run around this weekend if I'm not sick to see what is out locally. I'm partially tempted to pick up the limbs from shop hasbro since I can also pick up some SW figs that I'm missing to see if I can hit that $50 mark for free shipping. Unfortunately I already used the "free 10% off" coupon a while ago on the Devastator.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Anyone with CW dvastator have any problems with scrapper's shovel in combined mode? I haven't tried enough different stances yet but there are a few where the weight on the toy just pushed it out and obviously causes a potential shelf dive. I was thinking maybe a clear rubber band to keep it in place or something similar.

• MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Mine's very secure but it needs to be tabbed in properly. Is the tab on the mid bar sticking in the slot just behind his head?

Maclay wrote: »
    Mine's very secure but it needs to be tabbed in properly. Is the tab on the mid bar sticking in the slot just behind his head?

after closer inspection i found the tab you were talking about seems stable now. thanks!

Ok so this is the second CW TF toy I have bought/received from Amazon with the card bent to hell. I am so done with buying carded stuff from them since they obviously don't care how to handle their products.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Oh wow, I didn't know this version of Figma Link was coming out. That's pretty much the closest thing I'm going to get to a LttP Link I'm guessing...

Gonna have to think about this one.

• grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Oh wow, I didn't know this version of Figma Link was coming out. That's pretty much the closest thing I'm going to get to a LttP Link I'm guessing...

Gonna have to think about this one.
    ?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3w5MTA2M3xpbWFnZS9qcGVnfGltYWdlcy9oN2UvaDlhLzg4MzYzMDg4MjgxOTAuanBnfGRlMDc0MDMxNDdiNGNiYzBmOTc3NjJiNTBhNGY4OTUyZWRhN2Q4ZjM2YzEzNThlZWU3NmQyNDQ4MTRjYWNjYWY
    get it at the goodsmileshop website it comes with exclusive bomb, hookshot, tornado rod, and more

... and fuck they only offer ems shipping. :bigfrown:

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    Oh cool, thanks! But BBTS has the DX version for preorder too, and it doesn't come with the shipping cost plus I can cancel my preorder if I want. So I'll do that.

Oh cool, thanks! But BBTS has the DX version for preorder too, and it doesn't come with the shipping cost plus I can cancel my preorder if I want. So I'll do that.

yeah I saw that this morning after I'd put in my order. :(

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    If you did the DX through Goodsmile, it's basically the same price.

8000jpy is like $68

BBTS is $56 plus shipping, which is probably like $7ish, so $63ish overall

Not a huge loss

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    True but, like most people; l use pile of loot to save on shipping.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    Picked up a Black Series First Order TIE Pilot

Love the design, the articulation is kind of lame though, single jointed elbow and the shoulders are hindered by the shoulder armor

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Godzilla

kHNMfab.jpg

TRU.com has everything but Hot Spot and Rook available, the limbs are $20.00 and Groove is $10.00

BBTS has Hot Spot available in the Cyclonus/Hot Spot combo package that's $50.00 (probably your best option if you can sell off Cyclonus.

There are a couple of full sets on Ebay, but the price + shipping on the sets I've seen were all nasty.

EDIT: I'd check in store at any Targets if possible, that's where I've seen Hot Spot the most lately.

4 Targets, 2 Toys R Us, and 1 Walmart later. None found, even though the Target website said they may have one in stock. What I found out is that since the tag is used generically they could have any of the "center" bots. So I found lots of Motormasters and 1 Optimus Prime (which I left since I was on a hunt for Hot Spot). I did manage to snag the other two limbs cheap though so now I only have one left. I honestly can't believe that I saw so many Motormasters, were they common or something? On the plus side though I managed to land a bunch of Star Wars figures and a doughnut as a consolation prize.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Oof

Motormaster was actually released twice for some reason.

edited January 2016
    Oof

Motormaster was actually released twice for some reason.

Ahh ok, that would explain why everyone has him in stock. I was looking online and realize that I should have said screw this set and just bought the Takara release since they actually made Groove being a limb and not a good ornament.

Edit: Has anybody here bought something from TF source before? Read some posts on the TF forum that made me hesitate on buying from them.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Just now discovered the discussion on TFW about the CW Computron rumors and the picture of Nosecone. I'll be sad if the limbs are only available as part of a set.

Just now discovered the discussion on TFW about the CW Computron rumors and the picture of Nosecone. I'll be sad if the limbs are only available as part of a set.

Wait, really? So is this a US only set or going to be a set in Japan and US?

oosik_betsuni.png

Wait, really? So is this a US only set or going to be a set in Japan and US?

It's speculation because people found SKU for "Transformers Computron" in the TRU computer system with a release date of May 2016.

Whether or not it's the only way to get the limbs is up in the air since the only photos (outside of the released Scattershot) are concept art and mockups using other molds (ex. Using Brawl with a drill insert instead of a cannon for Nosecone).

Ah ok thanks for clarifying that. Comoutron was one of the newer combiners I always wanted as a kid (the other was Bruticus) so I'm interested in hearing more about him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    i was very excited that i was able to pick up a stitches from the neca heroes of the storm line. however i was much LESS excited when his right arm snapped off because i was trying to bend it at the elbow. i guess i need to hot water treat every neca figure i get. i thought it would be fine since the shoulder required a lot of pressure, but the elbow just popped out which in retrospect (after getting a look at the fact that it was just glued on either side of the bicep) makes sense.

other than that annoyance the figure is fun. comes with the cleaver, sickle, and hook as you'd expect. the chain-hook is kinda short, and i haven't quite gotta the posability out of him that i would like, but i will be handling him with more care after what happened. probably just going to try gluing it back into place and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.