As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Holy with Shellga up was still hitting me for 2.5k ish. Wasn't really doable for me without curing the sap. Why was the 99 so much harder?

The 99 had her using holy far more often in my experience, with the Ultimate she ended up using a lot of non damaging moves, especially i you could push her into the later phases quickly

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Pretty much. Seems she casts Osmose/Hellbiter more than anything else.

Edit:
    This next boss rush is going to be hell, isn't it? White Dragon -> Dark Bahamut -> Ogopogo

Shamus on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You got Lucky/Unlucky. She's much more likely to cast holy in the ultimate version.
    Phase 2 is 25% Holy vs 40% Holy Ultimate. I had a ton of S/L because I couldn't keep up with Holy every turn.

Yeah, not looking forward to this boss rush at all.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    You got Lucky/Unlucky. She's much more likely to cast holy in the ultimate version.
    Phase 2 is 25% Holy vs 40% Holy Ultimate. I had a ton of S/L because I couldn't keep up with Holy every turn.

Yeah, not looking forward to this boss rush at all.

That may be but she doesn't have much hp so you can push through that phase very quickly.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    She cast one holy for me in that phase. She barely had 2 turns in that phase. Wasn't impressed.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ultimate Yunalesca has only a 5% chance to cast Mega Death and only in phase three, but a 40% chance of Holy in phase 2 and a 15% chance of Holy in phase 3. Might as well cast aoe Regen after every Hellbiter.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Mastered Ult Yunalesca first go with a standard Retaliate team, SG as RW. Rikku hit a Dismissal at a nice time while I was trying to re-setup after Mind Blast had confused three guys, including Cloud. Had a close call or two, and she used Osmose so much that I don't know how many double hit charges I actually had left, but I was just glad to not need to spend Yuna's turns healing instead of whacking Cloud.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ew. This magus sisters fight is so grindy. I was to restart and change some stuff but I don't want to give up the stoneskin hah

One of each Major orb in one stage of the Daily? Thanks RNGesus.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    One of each Major orb in one stage of the Daily? Thanks RNGesus.

who at dena do you have blackmail on? i've gotten one major in + dailies ever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I've gotten... Four? In the last four or five days. But I've spent a little Mythril refreshing my 110 stamina, especially on Tuesday. Kind of regretting not spending more time grinding Orbfest, but it was so boring and I was really trying to pull SG or Organics.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I've never gotten a major ever from dailies.

And during this last Orb Fest I got exactly 1 Major combined from all 5 phase. I got a Major Fire Orb. That's it.

My luck in this game is abysmal.

I hit 2 magic pots today from the daily dungeons I ran. 4-star orbs of course.

Lucascraft on
    I mean, the vast majority of my magic pots drop 4* orbs, and it feels like I'm getting them within the averages I see on Reddit.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've never gotten a major ever from dailies.

And during this last Orb Fest I got exactly 1 Major combined from all 5 phase. I got a Major Fire Orb. That's it.

My luck in this game is abysmal.

I hit 2 magic pots today from the daily dungeons I ran. 4-star orbs of course.

You have all the must have relics. That's the opposite of bad luck.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I mean, I guess yeah I've got some good support relics. But you know... they don't feel that great without the DPS to back them up.

What I wouldn't give for a good weapon for Cloud or Sephiroth.

I had to take Cyan's Katana from the Beginners Choice just so I would have a katana at all for Sephiroth to use. Not even his katana. Just some random guy in some other universe. Just to put me on the map. Of katanas. The katana map.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Sephiroth will demolish FF6 content though, that's for certain.

I'm currently grinding out Gunblade, so I can get Lionheart RM for Leon. This might take awhile.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    today I finish off DU 17 elites

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ok how beat magus sisters?

Do I need to bring a Mage team? My physical attacks are only hitting for 2-3k with a lvl 50 auron using a generic X 5* soldier saber (or whatever it's called).

And I can't bring in advance because without a wall they tear through my mitigation

Do I need to bring a Mage team? My physical attacks are only hitting for 2-3k with a lvl 50 auron using a generic X 5* soldier saber (or whatever it's called).

And I can't bring in advance because without a wall they tear through my mitigation

carbuncle and drawfire retaliate take all of their attacks except delta attack.

which you can easily disrupt by killing cindy in a few turns.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I see that they kept Edge's suitability from the original game intact. Rank 1 defense, rank 2 health, and his best weapons put him in the front row. He's the physical fighter that dies faster than most mages.

Really fast though, with some interesting ability possibilities (i.e. Steal Power & Flurry of Petals).

Cururu on
    I'm really glad to see them adding some elemental jumps. I just cleared the Kain memory crystal stage and collected my free Ice Jump. It seems like they're just making Dragoons into an alternative form of Spellblade. Which I guess is ok.

But I also feel like they're missing an opportunity to capitalize on some of the unique jump mechanics that have been introduced in XIV. I'd love to see an AoE jump ability called Dragonfire Dive. Or Spineshatter Dive that could have a high chance to Stop or put a Dismissal type ATB reset on the target.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Decent 5* FFX weapon + Drawvantaliate Gilgamesh + Lunatic High (Activated around the start of phase 2) and Shellga just destroys Ultimate Yunalesca.

I think I only used one charge of Curaga, she has so little hp that I could just burst her down completely while she cast a few Osmose and Hellbiters.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm really glad to see them adding some elemental jumps. I just cleared the Kain memory crystal stage and collected my free Ice Jump. It seems like they're just making Dragoons into an alternative form of Spellblade. Which I guess is ok.

But I also feel like they're missing an opportunity to capitalize on some of the unique jump mechanics that have been introduced in XIV. I'd love to see an AoE jump ability called Dragonfire Dive. Or Spineshatter Dive that could have a high chance to Stop or put a Dismissal type ATB reset on the target.

I believe when we finally get Freya there is some kind of 5 star Dragoon ability that does something like pinning an enemy to the ground so that melee can hit it. I remember hearing about it in Japan a few months ago.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Bring Wakka and Rikku, assuming you have the levels for them. First turn, hit the sister in front with Full Break if you have it, power breakdown if not. Rikku should attempt to poison the sister in front with Venom Buster every turn until it procs. Everyone else should hit the lowest sister with their best moves or set up Protectga/Shellga/a wall. Turn 2, hit the top sister with Magic Breakdown. As soon as Rikku poisons the front sister, have her try to poison the bottom one. Unless you're extremely high on DPS, you'll most likely have to eat at least one triangle attack, so be ready on the heals.

The rest is standard damage and mitigation. I did not Advance for that fight, but it could help. Remember to poison the front sister and kill the bottom one first though.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Magus sisters was super easy.

toss up Carbuncle, and someone with Draw Fire/Retaliate. Then destroy Cindy? (The bottom one) since she can Res the other 2. Barring them dropping a Delta attack before you burn one down, you will take no damage.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Should I do the beginner relic draw now that I have 50+ Mythril or hold off?

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I am doing all of this event with the FFIV endgame party, hell yeah

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

You're new to playing right?

Look over the bonus goodies you can pick and see if anything strikes your fancy. I'm a big fan of Lenna's rod, even if you don't use Lenna, the bonus holy damage is huge.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

You're new to playing right?

Look over the bonus goodies you can pick and see if anything strikes your fancy. I'm a big fan of Lenna's rod, even if you don't use Lenna, the bonus holy damage is huge.

I second that, it sees a lot of use in my teams.

The guaranteed 5* is a great deal for beginners.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    I picked the Buster Sword because the rod wasn't available and I'm a whore.

Got 3 4* items as well.

Does this Black Wyrm thing that accompanies Golbez pretty much always cast Black Fang? I've restarted a few times and it just keeps happening. And I didn't pack Revive because I didn't believe them when they said I'd need it.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I picked the Buster Sword because the rod wasn't available and I'm a whore.

Got 3 4* items as well.

Of all the banners not to get a 5*, that was the best one. Buster sword is a good choice, it'll make Cloud undeniably your go to samurai for a long time.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    It occurs to me that instead of my Wall (SG) I should set up my Advance as RW. I still wish I had taken SLG (Tyro's new Global Exclusive Book) instead of Tyrfing in the newbie banner -- apparently SLG is nuts and I use Tyro as my main healer / support -- but ah well.

Q2Ad if anyone needs an Advancer.

KiTA on
    Two more events, and we'll have Lifesiphon. One more Greater Ice Orb and I'll be able to make an R3 of it right away, and I can spam it with Bartz' Lupine Barrage. Not actually sure it'd be any benefit over spamming Pound, but I don't have a copy of Pound yet either so why not Lifesiphon?

If they give us a copy in the event, I'll need 13 GPO, 16 GIO and 11 GWO to make an R4.

Which FFIV character is gonna get their MC2 from this event? Is it Kain?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Which FFIV character is gonna get their MC2 from this event? Is it Kain?

To the great disappointment of everyone, D.Cecil will be getting his MCII this time.

MC2?

MC2?

Memory Crystal 2, break their level cap from 65 to 80

delphinidaes.png
    the only character I have left at their cap is Garnet.

when's the next IX event?

Uggggh. D. Cecil? Really. He's the worst ever. I mean, his attack stat is fine, but he has so very few skill options. He's just not versatile at all.

This discussion has been closed.