As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am [chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wasn't the wagon broken or something?

Sure, technically it was trespassing, but that's not exactly in the spirit of the rule, is it? :P

Yeah, you make a good point there. I guess I was just willing to cut the Beast some slack because he was portrayed as a tactless recluse, and I tend to be more understanding of people with no social skills. But Belle was supposed to be the heroine and all.

General rule, women in Disney movies are idiots who insist on getting their way, nearly die as a result, but everyone loves them anyways and they get what they want at the end despite not earning it.

There's exceptions, of course, but mostly with more mature characters like Bianca.

--

Also, my understanding is that Gadget is one of the most fetishized of all furry characters.

I think it's because she's a geek.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yay! Someone voted for option #2. Now only 6 more votes until we rule the world.

We have cookies, vote for us!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Huh. The voice actor for Vamp in MGS2 was also Hermes in Futurama, and Marvin in Pulp Fiction. Interesting.

Green Lantern in Justice League, yo.

He really has incredible range; it's no wonder he gets so much work.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well we're discussing the Berlin Wall right now and I have to write an essay imagining what would happen if a wall were to be erected in this country which would potentially cut me off from friends or loved ones, etc. Basically, the Berlin Wall in America. "Was wäre passiert?" That sort of thing. Also, reading a book by Erick Kästner.

Is your answer: "Go the other direction and catch a plane?"

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Wasn't the wagon broken or something?

Sure, technically it was trespassing, but that's not exactly in the spirit of the rule, is it? :P

Yeah, you make a good point there. I guess I was just willing to cut the Beast some slack because he was portrayed as a tactless recluse, and I tend to be more understanding of people with no social skills. But Belle was supposed to be the heroine and all.

General rule, women in Disney movies are idiots who insist on getting their way, nearly die as a result, but everyone loves them anyways and they get what they want at the end despite not earning it.

There's exceptions, of course, but mostly with more mature characters like Bianca.

I agree with this. Ariel especially was kind of a brat.

And Jasmine.

Esmerelda sucked too.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aegis wrote: »
    Goodnight [chat]. I'm going to get up in the morning and do my German homework since I can't be bothered to do it tonight.

Ooooh German homework. What topic?

Well we're discussing the Berlin Wall right now and I have to write an essay imagining what would happen if a wall were to be erected in this country which would potentially cut me off from friends or loved ones, etc. Basically, the Berlin Wall in America. "Was wäre passiert?" That sort of thing. Also, reading a book by Erick Kästner.

Well, if history is any indication, we'd figure out that militant imperialism is a bad idea.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree with this.

Wait a minute, if you think that Disney "heroines" are bitchy in general, then why do you think I have a stick up my butt? :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hormel Tamales are decent.

This makes me happy.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think the key to remember is that the early Disney heroines did things resembling Eve's eating of the apple and losing their virginity before marriage back in a conservative era. Yeah, sure, SPINDLE.

Disney was kind of a dick.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

"Are the Jews dead yet?"
    "No."
    "Put me back in!"

Edit: wow, what a way to start a page.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I hate the way they changed the Patron commericals. It's so half-assed and obviously pandering.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    That relationship thread is ridiculous.

Although I dug Feral's last post.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

"Are the Jews dead yet?"
    "No."
    "Put me back in!"

Edit: wow, what a way to start a page.

A wonderful way.

@jacob: I quite agree.

Linden on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I was able to stop myself from posting twice. Then my judgment took a vacation when I typed up my third response.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I hate the way they changed the Patron commericals. It's so half-assed and obviously pandering.

So how about those Panderer commercials?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I was able to stop myself from posting twice. Then my judgment took a vacation when I typed up my third response.

Don't sweat it, I liked what you had to say.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I sent the girl a facebook PM that stopped just short of actual insults

This probably does not bode well for any future relationship but it does make me a feel rather better about myself, so

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Have you not seen them?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

This probably does not bode well for any future relationship but it does make me a feel rather better about myself, so

Nothing wrong with going down guns blazing.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Have you not seen them?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't watch commercials.

I have the internet.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Giant Panda™. A pet for enduring friendships and long-term costs. Get yours today!

Linden on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, jacob, I just saw my ex - specifically, ex who got me into Twin Peaks. Her sister is having a baby. They're going to name the baby Cole Gordon.
    This is a total coincidence.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Linden wrote: »
    Giant Pandaâ„¢. A pet for enduring friendships and long-term costs. Get yours today!

Don't Patronize me.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Nothing wrong with going down guns blazing.
    Going down, down in an earlier round
    But sugar, we're going down swingin'

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    So, jacob, I just saw my ex - specifically, ex who got me into Twin Peaks. Her sister is having a baby. They're going to name the baby Cole Gordon.
    This is a total coincidence.

:D

That is completely awesome.

Now to convince someone to a) bear my child and b) name it Eraserhead.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I agree with this.

Wait a minute, if you think that Disney "heroines" are bitchy in general, then why do you think I have a stick up my butt? :P

You'll notice Belle wasn't on my list. ;-)

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't watch commercials.

I have the internet.

Oh, ok. So Patron is a brand of tequila, as you may know. They made a couple commercials with 2 guys talking to each other, gesticulating wildly, then they put up the topic they were apparently arguing about (like "Animal House" vs. "Caddyshack") and the tagline is "Some perfection is debatable, some are not" (i.e. Patron). With the advent of the Colbert "campaign," they put them back on TV, except they changed the topics to be "Truth" vs. "Truthiness" etc.

So yeah, half-assed and pandering.

@ Jacob -- aww, thanks <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Your best bet is either San Francisco, or Africa.

--

I don't really know about the Colbert thing but I'll just say this: It's a commercial. For booze. For booze.

How much healthy discourse do you expect?

There's a reason that advertising is on my list of careers to avoid due to ethical constraints.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm such an old lady....

Antiques Roadshow is so awesome.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I agree with this.

Well if you love her so much, why don't you marry her :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Because she's into furries.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

A girl stood me up once. She didn't even realize it.

She saw me in school the next day and was like, "omg omg omg I totally forgot we were meeting up I'm soooooo sorry please don't be angry at me are you angry at me did you get pissed off?

And I said, "Nah, I was disappointed for a few minutes and then I forgot about you."

Blam!

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

A girl stood me up once. She didn't even realize it.

She saw me in school the next day and was like, "omg omg omg I totally forgot we were meeting up I'm soooooo sorry please don't be angry at me are you angry at me did you get pissed off?

And I said, "Nah, I was disappointed for a few minutes and then I forgot about you."

Blam!

Swear to God if I get stood up again, by anyone, I'm putting Ordinance 61 up on Facebook and tagging the stand-up-er in it.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jewcar, do you live under a rock? How do you not know about the Colbert campaign?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Your best bet is either San Francisco, or Africa.

There is also Eastern Europe and Russia for a few dollars more

I really don't know why that relationship thread is painful to read and yet I keep going back to it

Endorsing a product as someone looks tricky there is the money on one hand but the stigma of the product and your image emblazoned upon it and how it perceived on the other

Brainleech on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Jewcar, do you live under a rock? How do you not know about the Colbert campaign?

I don't have cable and only watch FOX cartoons and Two and a Half Men.

I'm vaguely aware of Colbert I guess, what, running for office as a joke or something?

But this is all just by noticing off-hand comments.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I agree with this.

She's a little too fictional for my taste.

I wish Paige O'Hara (Belle's voice actress) was as pretty as her voice.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

Well, to be honest I didn't know about it until the girl I am currently seeing* mentioned it the other day.

*hint hint lol :winky:

On a more serious note, as much as a comedian running for president is fun, it is sort of disappointing as well.

ege02 on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I also really liked The Emperor's New Groove. I think it's vastly underrated, and by far the best classic animation movie between The Lion King and Lilo and Stitch.

YES

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.